#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Geez, you get a reputation for being barky and stupid showing enthusiasm, and suddenly nobody wants wants to hang around with you anymore.

bottlecap, I thought you were talking about me there for a minute...heh.

...and I thought it was directed at me! I thought she was calling me barky and stupid. :cryingwlaughter: Wasn't sure it if was a term of endearment here or what.

Spill it, Bookwhore!

Yep, that's all the encouragement I need...

Disclaimer - Please keep in mind that we have NO control over our dreams, right? I mean, perfectly sane, intelligent, well-adjusted people have weird dreams, right? All I can say in my defense is that I took a healthy dose of Nyquil right before bed...

Dream I:

Clay and I were in bed. Sounds like a good start, huh? Except......there were two other beds in the room. Faye was in one of the others, wearing a pink, puffed sleeve nightgown with huge pink bows all over it. Jerome was standing by, guarding Clay's body I guess, but he was out of my line of sight so I didnt really see him, but I knew he was there. The other bed had someone in it, but I didn't really get a sense of who it was. So Clay and I were sitting up in one bed with the blankets pulled up to our laps, and he was wearing a white t-shirt. I was dressed, but I don't remember what I was wearing. Too much, I'm sure. So he looked at me and said, "Should we kiss?", like he said it to Tyra. I was shocked that he'd want to kiss in front of Faye, but before I could respond he leaned over and kissed me...a dry, close-lipped kiss . At first I was shocked, but it took me about a half-second to go into action and I pulled him down on top of me and started to really kiss him. Then he jerked back upright becoss Faye was in the room. ( damn Faye). I was left with a vague sense of wanting more, or of something being unfinished. Imagine that.

End Dream I

I'm not sure what this dream means. I think maybe it means I want to have sex with Clay - while his mother watches?? EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream II:

Clay and I were together at a downtown club, a small intimate kind of place, and he was doing a concert. He had on an outfit similar to SNL, great hair and looked drop-dead sexy, masculine, hott.... I had a seat off to the side by the wall. He got up on stage and started to sing, then he stopped, I think in response to something someone in the audience said or did. He got a really pissy, squint-eyed look on his face and said, " I'll sing what I want when I want. I'll tour where I want and with whom I want. How dare you try to tell me what I can do. Who do you think you are?" As he was saying this, he'd glance over towards me a few times and I'd smile and nod my head, encouraging him to keep going. While he was talking the audience was shocked into dead silence...you could hear a pin drop.

And from there my dream transformed into something where I was an episode of NCIS or something and I was in the middle of the good guys trying to shoot the bad guys in a white panel van..

Pissy Clay is sooo sexy. Anyone got any pictures?

Edited by Bookwhore

Kiermar - loved your post. One of these days I hope to feel again about this fandom like I used to. Unfortunately right now I don't. I'm sure I'll get over it though.

Claygasm..I really really really miss you.

Spikesmom Welcome!!

Bookwhore.. do we have to beg? No topic is ever over. Dream details stat

ChestHair.jpg

oops! How did THAT last one sneak in there? :medium-smiley-070:

Am I havinga hot flash or is suddenly warm in here...and normally that is so not me.

dog? humping? Bottle, I don't get it...(and since I'm down with a cold, I'm not likely to get it anytime soon, either... <_<

Well, this is my dog but he wasn't humping anything at the time this pic was taken. Remember when we lost him for a couple of days some time back, FCA? And then my husband found this flyer posted in the nearby Safeway? This is Shadow...he's a dog, but he's really just a big pussycat...

ShadowFound.jpg

I can't breathe out of one side of my nose and my top teeth hurt. My face hurts (shut up) and I can't decide if I'm too hot or too cold. My clothes feel like steel wool on my skin...

And even so, :XmasRed::DoClay:

Stripedshirts just posted at CV that she was at a taping of the Tyra Banks show and Tyra let it slip that she had lunch with Clay over the week-end...I think we need some Clyra pictures.

Kim

Good grief - I had to stare at that picture for friggin' ever to figure out what I was lookin' at! DOH! I kept thinking it was something metal near his skin until it finally dawned on me it was his sunglasses! DOUBLE DOH! I think I need to eat more carrots because my eyesight sucks...

But now that I know what it is... I'm going back to stare longer.... maybe count hairs... :eusa_whistle:

Decided to bring over the whole post:

Stripedshirts::

Here's a little something exclusive: I found out today where Clay had lunch this weekend, and with whom.

Here's how I found out. I went to a pretaping -- AND -- Got a little fun scoop from the Tyra Banks Show!

Since Tyra's show has moved here, I got a tkt to go this afternoon. The guest was Rachel Zoe, Celebrity Stylist to the stars and she is promoting her book called "Style A to Zoe, The Art of Fashion, Beauty, and Everything Glamour"

And during the segment where Tyra covered 'F for First Class', she shared a little tidbit about where to get a really great meal, first class style -- it's a place that we read about from a few months back: JEAN GEORGES. Dinner at Jean Georges can run you $100+ a

piece - but if you go during lunch, you can still get the same great dishes for 1/4 of the price! And right after she mentioned that she let slip that she had lunch w/ Clay (said it like this 'Claay.....AIKEN!' w/ a big smile & bounce) there a few months back. She didn't reveal what she & he ate - but did share that she paid for the first lunch. The 2nd lunch w/ him was just this past wknd, which he returned the favor. She mimicked Clay w/ " 'Oh, ah'll pay', w/ that Southern accent of his" and she also said "Of course you are!"

It was so totally unexpected. As soon as I heard his name mentioned, I squealed and clapped. Nobody else did - they just sat and stared, either not knowing who Tyra mentioned or didn't care.....aw heck w/ you people' .... I was darn happy & proud I heard his name mentioned, & w/ such admiration. & I love that she shared this - shows to me, as well off as she is based on her growing enterprise & fabulous modelling career, she can still be frugal, budget conscious -just like our Clay.

So now we can connect something else he did this wknd - caught The Color Purple, had lunch w/ a buddy.

Later, I chatted w/ one the producers. I congratulated him & Tyra for the show doing well & bringing it to NYC. I also showed him the little Clay pin I had on my lapel, & expressed how sad I didn't get a chance to show it off to Tyra. The pin was the size of a nickel, but Clay's face was

prominantly on it. The producer immediately recognized him; & said "Oh! what a show that was -- the women were CRAZY!" then he caught himself & quickly said "but it was a GREAT show! I loved the rapport between him and Tyra" I had bust out laughing, thinking about how it went last Oct.

when Clay first came to show & how those who were lucky enough to attend, blew the minds of those producers who had their hands full that day. Our unbridled enthusiasm certainly leaves a memorable mark every show Clay goes to. Nobody knows when/if Clay will come back to Tyra's show, but we can be sure he will when the time comes for that cd (or whatever else he's got to promote).

I also got a bit of nice loot from the show. Rachel Zoe's book is a nice style guide - she's dressed alot of celebs & will be doing a book signing in the city in October when it's released.

No air date has been announced yet for this show, will have to find it under the topic "Rachel Zoe - Style A to Zoe" book promo on Tyra's website - but my hunch is Oct. since that's when the book is released. Hopefully if the Clay mention isn't edited out, you will hear it when she covers the "F" section in Rachel's book. That certainly made my 1st Tyra show experience. So in case you wanna set your vcrs/tivos.....here's a little something to look forward to in a few weeks

Edited by aikim

Geez, you get a reputation for being barky and stupid showing enthusiasm, and suddenly nobody wants wants to hang around with you anymore.

bottlecap, I thought you were talking about me there for a minute...heh.

...and I thought it was directed at me! I thought she was calling me barky and stupid. :cryingwlaughter: Wasn't sure it if was a term of endearment here or what.

dogrun.gif NO - not directed at anybody! I was just goofing on the desire to get out of Dogwalker status, which struck me as funny. Apparently, it's the new "Top of the Page".

And I meant to go to bed an hour ago. Now I'm worried that I'll have some sorta freakish Faye / mommy dream, with a guest appearance by a big plate of liver. Good night my peeps!

claysleeping.gif

I've been frustrated, sad, amused, and angry many time before, but today I feel deep and abiding shame at this fandom. Going off half-cocked is nothing new, rushing in defense of Clay is old news, hyper-criticism of Clay likewise, but to participate in deep analysis of a news item that was presented as a "maybe," and then to turn around and blame a single individual for it with no benefit of the doubt--it's disgusting. The strong voices should have been saying, "hold off," "give this a little time," "wait and see if it's true," instead of joining in to energize and shape the discourse of criticism of Clay for agreeing to the tour. Then some of the same people are ripping Kim to shreds now that we know he did not, giving her no benefit of the doubt when we of all people should be aware of the complexities of media and PR actions. The cruelty towards Kim as a performer and a person, the smug self-importance of statements implying that "Clay is too good for them," or "their fans should be thrilled that they have this opportunity to tour with someone so superior to them," are simply offensive. The face of this fandom has become bitter and ugly and off-putting. If it is affecting some of us, who are huge fans of the man, so deeply, I can only imagine how it must look to outsiders. Maybe I've just been blinded to some extent, for all my prior fussing about it, but today it has really hit me hard.

I'm behind, as you see, and just catching up...

I am endlessly fascinated by people, their motives, their reactions to things. I'm kind of a fish out of water, I think, in this fandom as most of the people I see on the boards are numbers people ie they love to extrapolate the relative position of Daughtry or Kelly C. on the Billboard 200, given the exposure from their appearance on...yatata yatata.

While I can appreciate these people's dedication to keeping track of this shit...quite honestly, I personally couldn't care less.

But I DO care, and am fascinated by, comments like jmh's above. I tend to agree with you somewhat; I might agree more if I had ventured to poke my nose out of here (which I did not).

But I'd LOVE to hear~why you think that is? What has caused the huge turnaround from the days of wine and roses....to the days of whine and noses out of joint? And do you think we'll ever get it back?

In my opinion? The decline began the day that covers blurb appeared in EW. Things have never been the same since that day. And no, I don't think we can go home again.

I felt I started seeing it before the JNT05, the nasty criticism of that show before it was ever seen really made me hurt for Clay

Stripedshirts just posted at CV that she was at a taping of the Tyra Banks show and Tyra let it slip that she had lunch with Clay over the week-end...I think we need some Clyra pictures.

Kim

Muski there's your cue...

The Clyra - part 2

Oh, yes, please... :Thud:

Ruh roh... top of the page... glad to take the hit for the rest of you - I mean yippee!!

Edited by spikesmom

I love Bookwhore and her dream issues (you know you have dream issues, right?)

Ooooo - Kraft cheese on white bread grilled with enough butter to float it down the Mississippi....remind me I do not need to go to the store right now...

Let me go get some Nyquil - I need one of those "random" (yeah, right) Clay dreams!

Unfortunately there is nothing to be done. The "respect for other posters" and "no board on board" talk means no self examination, no dialogue, no fixing things for next time.

Self examination is good.

I agree couchie. Every board is entitled to make their own rules, of course, but I believe that being able to air differences and discuss conflicts is really necessary at times, and that things fester if you don't that can eventually destroy a board or at least, make people reluctant to post and drive members away.

Now the way you do the discussing is important, but I don't think you can make rules to make people be nice to each other. You have to foster an atmophere of trust and respect, and our admins have done a fine job of that. And what the heck is wrong with respecting Clay as much as we respect anyone else? I've never understood that. Sure, criticizing Clay is OK, but there's a respectful way to do it, and a mean and cruel way to do it. I don't understand why some boards allow so much of that, but, again, that's their right.

Y'all have read it enough already!

But I DO care, and am fascinated by, comments like jmh's above. I tend to agree with you somewhat; I might agree more if I had ventured to poke my nose out of here (which I did not).

But I'd LOVE to hear~why you think that is? What has caused the huge turnaround from the days of wine and roses....to the days of whine and noses out of joint? And do you think we'll ever get it back?

Some boards will never get it back, I hate to say it, but that's what I think. I think there's always been OTT behavior, just as I said in that post. But there's an atmosphere of hysteria that's become more and more prevalent. One cause, already mentioned by cindilu , the EW blurb, but more than that, some supersekrit message that went flashing around to the mods of all the big boards and other folks--the content of which I've never heard. This was closely followed by a barely veiled suggestion at the OFC that Clay wanted us to let RCA know that we all hated the idea of a covers album, and pretty quickly this became the accepted POV on the big boards--saying you didn't mind the idea could get you a big smack-down in a hurry. Along with this was a back channel suggestion, gradually made more public, like RCA was behind the tabloid shit in an attempt to control Clay and make him record those covers, and these grew into "RCA is out to destroy Clay": because he dissed Clive in his book, or they just don't like him, or he's leaving RCA after this album so they want to "devalue" him." Add in the Gnat and his lies, and the participation of a segment of the fandom in trying to "handle" that situation for Clay, and all of a sudden you've got a fandom that thinks we need to protect Clay from his "enemies" and that those enemies are everywhere. I can now and then get sucked into that one myself--it's a powerful force. That has its roots in AI, of course, the anomaly, and things that followed, but it's grown much, much worse, IMO. Instead of celebrating the joy, the focus has turned to smiting the enemies. That's just my take on it.

I felt I started seeing it before the JNT05, the nasty criticism of that show before it was ever seen really made me hurt for Clay

Good point--I hadn't thought of that. And the new songs on the JBT--not well received in board posts. I guess I haven't done a good job of explaining why I think the intense criticism and the intense defending go together. Others have done better with that today--hubris, entitlement, and so forth.

Putting sugar on grits amounts to a hate crime around here.

I can only hope that y'all can indulge in some deeeep self-reflection and see the error of your ways.:(

BWAH!!!!

The other food that I really don't like all that well, with one exception, is chocolate covered fruit. It's weird, because I love chocolate (the darker the better), but the combination of fruit with it turns me off. The exception? Fresh chocolate covered strawberries. Food of the freakin' gods.

You are me (except for the strawberries). Don't like fruit on my entre either. There are some restaurants these days where there's fruit in the butter, fruit in the bread, fruit in the entre, fruit in the chocolate, fruit in the martinis, fruit in the coffee, fruit in everything--me, I like fruit all by itself, and in pies and pastries and stuff, I like fruit mixed together, and fruit in yogurt, but that's it.

Spikesmom! So glad you finally posted. I've seen you lurking for a long time! I always thought of Buffy's Spike when I saw your name, you'll be happy to hear.

Is anyone else suddenly getting a pop-up window for bolding and ital. Whahappened??

Edited by jmh123

gladly knocking other fans out of my way to grab some front row seats. (Figuratively, people, figuratively.)

Weeeeeeeeeeelllll....don't forget that some of us, like, actually know you so....yeah.

Stay out of her way people. Just sayin'.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

---

champion...I love the wise words about the internet from your son. Amen Amen!

----

Salt on apples? ALWAYS!

----

Speaking of being cool...I have this saved on my computer. I don't know where it's from or who. But I like it.

Cool is an inferiority complex, wrapped in jealousy, and covered with a phony icy mask. Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.

I think Clay is real.

----

Oh and ....

:XmasRed:

Edited by jamar1700

Spikesmom! So glad you finally posted. I've seen you lurking for a long time! I always thought of Buffy's Spike when I saw your name, you'll be happy to hear.

Yes, that does make me happy! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Glad it was just my paranoid self thinking everyone would think of "you know who"... (heh... yep - an HP fan... albeit an embarrassed one who hasn't gotten off her butt to go to the latest movie yet... I know, time to hand in my membership card.... does it make it better that I have all the books on CD? Love, love, love me some Jim Dale!)...

And thanks for all the welcomes! Glad to be here!

I do think rules are necessary. I have no desire to participate in free for all insultfests like I have viewed

MUST NOT SKIM POSTS

MUST GET EYES EXAMINED

MUST NOT READ "INSULFESTS" AS SLUTFESTS

Because I might want to participate in a freeforall of one of those!!!! :lol:

So good to see you! I missed you!!! :)

spikesmom I think the fandom should be fun too!!! To me, that is the one and only reason I'm here. :) Welcome to posting!!! :clap:

atinal I agree with you about JNT05 and what made it worse for me was the fact that it was ripped by so many people who had never seen it. I was at Opening night in Vancouver, loved it so much, as did my non-internet, non Crazed friends - I raced home to give my recap and for days, after the Clack emerged, I was so depressed about annoyed with all the downer posts about this wonderfully charming show.

:XmasRed:

Edited by canuck2010

I loved Bookwhores dream

I love Top Chef

I hate Marcel

I hate liver

I love wine and Gin, but not together

I want to pet Clay

That about does it for the I hates, loves, wants.

Bookwhore glad you're back. Don't stay away because I may reach the next postho level before you..

Get well Muski, hate, hate to be sick!

Couchie we are waiting for you in the weight thread....come see us sometime.

dog? humping? Bottle, I don't get it...(and since I'm down with a cold, I'm not likely to get it anytime soon, either... <_<

Well, this is my dog but he wasn't humping anything at the time this pic was taken. Remember when we lost him for a couple of days some time back, FCA? And then my husband found this flyer posted in the nearby Safeway? This is Shadow...he's a dog, but he's really just a big pussycat...

ShadowFound.jpg

I can't breathe out of one side of my nose and my top teeth hurt. My face hurts (shut up) and I can't decide if I'm too hot or too cold. My clothes feel like steel wool on my skin...

And even so, :XmasRed::DoClay:

SHADOW!!!!!!!!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I love me some Shadow!!! :wub:

And I love his mommy too! Feel better muski!!! Take 2 aspirin and call Clay in the morning! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And couchie, I love you too! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am so mad! I was all set to go to bed. I am soooooooooooooooo tired and then I realize i have no clean clothes to wear to work tomorrow!!!!!!!

So now I must wait for a load of laundry to finish before I can crawl into my nice, cozy bed.

In the meanwhile.......... Awhile back, someone asked where the "I love FCA" emotion was. Maybe this will do.....

FCAKISS.jpg

I recall some nastiness prior to the JBT itself. There was just no way no how that tour could work. Many wouldn't go. Then it started, it was great, and most people loved it and many call it their favorite tour. So many things over the years have gone angsty in general, but also over the years, sometimes nasty and hurtful get thrown into the mix as well. It's a sad, sad situation.

xxx4clay :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have a question about pictures. Are they loaded from links? I can't find directions here as to how to do pictures. Not that I HAVE any pictures to post, but just in case...

Do I have to give up my Texas citizenship (I'm native)? I don't put salt on my watermelon, cantelope, apples (don't really like apples all that much anyway) or my tomatoes (usually). And I'm not all that crazy about barbeque or chicken fried steak! I do love me some grits, but rarely have them, but don't make them sweet. Not a pancake or doughnut fan (never had a Krispy Kreme). Cornbread and biscuits are my favorite bread. That cornbread mentioned above that starts w/ a stick of melted butter in the cast iron skillet - YUMMO!!! And I prefer boiled okra to fried okra, unless it's pan-fried and all kind of flat and really crispy with a little bit of dark (burned) edges in the mix! Occasional brussels sprouts are fine and I love me some cabbage! In soup, by itself, doesn't matter. Love cooked cabbage! Liver - no way no how ickyyuckypoo. And chocolate is its own food group, agree, darker is betterest but these milk chocolate and caramel chocolate chips I have to my left right now are nothing to sneeze at! Chocolate and cherry is always a good combo!

:RedGuy:

I think of all the shows Clay has done, I like watching him on Tyra best. His expressions were so adorable, he looked hott, I loved their chemistry and the way they looked at each other. They may just be 'friends', probably are, but they sure make a cute couple. And did you notice that firm, full-body hug they share in that first photo? :Thud: None of this namby, pamby standing 3 feet apart and hugging shoulders crap. I think they were glued from neck to kneecap.

I'm going to go take some Nyquil now and see if I can't work that into tonight's dreams.....