#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I have to wonder if this fandom developed an insatiable appetite for more and more stuff from Clay because there was just so darn much of it in the beginning - almost constant TV and magazine appearances and touring - so there was something new and exciting going on almost every day. When things settled down to a more normal pace without the constant news being thrown into the gaping maw of the fandom, something had to fill the void. Angst, speculation, impatience, fan "experts", trolls and whatnot became the new normal.

As ldy said, the fandom as a collective entity is exhibiting pretty classic signs of a addiction which is progressing. Fortunately, it is not the Borg so individuals will carry on.

Good Morning everyone,

I see that y'all having a good time unburdening. Bwahahah, The Clayfandom is a microcasm of all the world's women. There are those who love to be angsty, there are those who are pretty happy all the time, there are those who are analytical and comes up with the wrong conclusion or sometimes correct, those who wants attention to their "knowledge" of the business or whatever occasion they perceived to know more and withhold that info. And I could go on and on. We are all sorts of people.

I prefer to read fun stuff. Whatever I feel about what I perceived to be happening to Clay's career I keep to myself. I want to see all sides of the story. But again the feeling of being let down and of feeling impotent are all mine and mine alone. I do not share those as I feel silly worrying about someone who doesn't even know I exist. Bwah :cryingwlaughter:

So there that is the extent of my analysis. :cryingwlaughter:

Ansa, dinuguan, bulaklak, balut and whatever else dish you said, I love them all growing up but now, my cholesterol started skyrocketing. :scream: Can't have them anymore :scream:

Jumpingjacks, what is the EW blurb??? Please clue me in. Thank you :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The most overwhelming experince was The Vegas IT pre party- we were late..I had pulled a Scarlett and changed clothes in the car and it was a million people there.

Um..... didn't I read in a recap this year from K'Andre about being late for a concert and Scarlett changing clothes in a car? Is this like a normal everyday exhibitionist thing?

Heh. Think that if Clay goes to his 10 year high school reunion later this month he might manage to drop that little nugget into conversation: "Yeah, when I was having lunch with Tyra in New York a couple of weeks ago, we discussed ______________"? I'm easily amused. "I was just talking about the candidates with Diana Sawyer the other day when I was at the ABC studios, and _________."

Ha! I like that - so much better than singing at the dance

I have to wonder if this fandom developed an insatiable appetite for more and more stuff from Clay because there was just so darn much of it in the beginning - almost constant TV and magazine appearances and touring - so there was something new and exciting going on almost every day. When things settled down to a more normal pace without the constant news being thrown into the gaping maw of the fandom, something had to fill the void. Angst, speculation, impatience, fan "experts", trolls and whatnot became the new normal.

That is probably the closest to the truth. Some how I manage to amuse myself by reading about other things, like say politics, newss or talking about food, but I guess there are some people that need all Clay all the time. I really never felt I fit in in this fandom, I just kind of force people to tolerate my lack of Claymania because, well, I want to watch. Clay that is, I want to watch Clay.

OK, see you in about 50 pages, going to take my dog to an interview.

Well, at least there is not an edit counter, you know I edited, just not how many times it took to get it right

Edited by playbiller

Just needed to mention....love broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts...even without the cheese. Don't really care for chocolate. And I clap off-beat too.

I'm the same way love all the vitK veggies and can live without chocolate, but give me some candy corn or good and plentys and I'm happy. To add one more disgusting thing about food, we used to fight over the chicken heart, stomach and liver when my mother cooked chicke. Cooked of course.

Yes, Clay absolutely has an OTT, overly-invested internet fan base. But it's those same overly invested OTT fans who voted their fingers off when he was on AI, who have bought the major portion of the 5 million or whatever in cd sales, the $30 million in concert tickets, and raised the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, in support of his charitable endeavors. I am one of them. They are me. I am proud to be an overly-invested Clay Aiken fan, [small voice] even if they embarrass me sometimes.[/sv]

I want Clay to be a major star because I want everyone to see what I see in this wonderful, gifted man. I want to share him. But more than that, I want him to have the career he wants to have. I don't get to tell him what that is, and nor should I. I just hope he's going to be around for a long, long time. The fandom wears an ugly face sometimes, but it's the same fandom that has sustained Clay's career.

Very true and I don't regret a penny I spent on anything.

At first I was worried about every single negative thing said about Clay. Now, pfftt, scroll, scroll, ignore button, don't read the den. He looks happy, he sings good, he has really nice clothes, looks great and I like his famous friends. :allgood:

I do think a lot of fans are exhibiting signs of burn out, but that's to be expected. Once you lose the fun and feel responsible for everything Clay. Well adios. But there are always new fans on the horizon to take their places. AI fans are probably only good for one season and then they move on to the next "fantastic singer". Clay and a few others are the exception.

Hey djs, good to see you. :dancingnana:

Edited by FearofH2O

I hope you know you all are responsible for me buying a dark Kit Kat bar this morning when I stopped into the grocery store on my way to work to buy healthy things like fruit and veggies for snacks. :cryingwlaughter:

Funny thing about oxtail soup....when I was growing up, I had the annoying habit of saying I didn't like anything my mother didn't like. So when I went to my grandmother's house for the day, she would feed me Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and call it oxtail soup, so I would eat it. Because my mother hated mushrooms but probably wouldn't have known an oxtail if it hit her. :P

Edited by luckiest1

Fear, - you forgot to mention that Grampa ate Oxtail soup all the time and we all ate kishka

And we sang Who stole the Kishka all the time!

Off to the dog interview!! Got to find a new dog sitter. musn't be late, they might think it was because of the dog!

Edited by playbiller

Had a Clay moment today...was in my bank and suddenly I hear this oh so familiar voice...they were playing This Is The Night! I was so excited, we don't hear much Clay in the Chicago area and I think I have only heard him a couple of times when I was out. He does have such a distinctive voice and I have not listened to that song in a long time so it was nice to just stand there with a goofy smile on my face and listen.

Kim

I started catching up and 8 and just finished....whew.

I have been pretty busy the last few days with RL and so will reward myself with an all Clay day...YAY.

Which means post hoing and watching scarlett's clack..and updating FCA. But I am in a similar boat as muski right now...I have a damn COLD...sigh.

lots of great post. One thing I have learned in the last 4 years...that our actions ...our words on the net has consequence. By posting we show our face to the world. If a persons posts are always mean, condescending constantly negative and critical...that is how you will be perceived. I don't really believe that its possible to be one person on the net and another in real life unless someone is pretending to be someone else. Having said that I totally agree with leeana

Good Morning everyone,

I see that y'all having a good time unburdening. Bwahahah, The Clayfandom is a microcasm of all the world's women. There are those who love to be angsty, there are those who are pretty happy all the time, there are those who are analytical and comes up with the wrong conclusion or sometimes correct, those who wants attention to their "knowledge" of the business or whatever occasion they perceived to know more and withhold that info. And I could go on and on. We are all sorts of people.

That is why I believe there is no one answer to the questions jazzgirl asked ....welcome btw...

I also realized that eventually like minded people will find each other and create their own subgroups. I do believe that each subgroup can co exist but they are not isolated. What one does..specially in a public board will affect the larger community...even in private boards, the mood can infect the other boards because fans are interboardal. I guess that is why I have stayed here these past few days. The reactions are predictable and I also know I would not react in a good way. So for my peace of mind I stayed here. The ugly face of the fandom has always been there...its the same ugly face of humanity everywhere.

But that is not the only side of it...and I am grateful that we are not losing sight of that.

My personal circumstances have kept my claventures pretty low. I mostly invest my time on the net. I don;t even buy multiples of CD. But even then I have had a lot of good memories...

I've only travelled to SoCal and Toronto for Clay...both area I have been to. But because of Clay I have embarked on a new career as a webdesigner.

Most overwhelming...going to the Toronto pre-concert party. The venue was in the middle of a park...so was the restaurant and I came on my own and I was supposed to meet a friend. I cam in and saw a lot of people rushing by all so focused on getting to the venue...there was a frantic energy that intimidated me...that is until I found my friend shelleyC

Favortie early fan experience: first cellcert of the IT...that was fantastic specially when he started singing WDC. We were going berserk.

Craziest thing I ever did: Flying across the continent to attend the CA4fer

most embarrassing moment: meeting YSRN's dog...hee

favorite memories: hearing TRD for the first time, Clay passing a foot in front of me during JBT...meeting couchie and all the FCA CA peeps; the wine tasting, San Diego oops I meant bus not-a-line line...Gosh...the whole CA experience.

all in all...I am resigned to the fact that the fandom is not perfect...but the good does outweigh the bad. I am sad that I had to move on from my first home but in doing so I am now meeting a lot of totally cool people so :allgood::allgood:

Ansa, dinuguan, bulaklak, balut and whatever else dish you said, I love them all growing up but now, my cholesterol started skyrocketing. :scream: Can't have them anymore :scream:

Jumpingjacks, what is the EW blurb??? Please clue me in. Thank you :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EEEEEEEEEEEE another kababayan...yup the worse thing about these dishes is the cholesterol factor. I;m lucky that I have no access to them where I live. But when I visited my family in CA...oh boy...

eta: and to celebrate my Clay day...top of the page!!! woo hoo!!!

Overwhelming situations: arriving at a radio station, in December, at 4:30 a.m., with the temperature at about 10 degrees, just to watch Clay through a plate glass window for 20 minutes. Even getting there at 4:30 a.m., I wasn't at the front of the line. Heh. Also, front row in Boston, with one of Scarlett's many cameras in hand...when it was almost a 100 degrees! (Extreme temperatures!!! Hee)

:sorry:

ldyjocelyn's been very kind and sympathetic and considerate in not telling you this but.... I haven't rendered and uploaded this one yet -- the entire Boston JBT from the front row by ldyjocelyn. *runs and hides* I'm going to just finish off WPB and Tampa, and then go back for this because it's a crime to have let it drag all these years. (keepingfaith, that's another Motown set for you. Yes, I haven't forgotten Interlochen). Thanks for being so nice, ldyjocelyn. You should have hit me over the head long ago. (or gotten someone else to do it)

Is there a waiting for a spanking emoticon?

Well, since we are walking down the memory lane of horrors.

Have you forgotten boobgate????

Or WDC and wicked-evil degenerate dancing?

YWT and the ranting and raving over his singing (GOD FORBID) a hymn??

I hate to say this, but the lunatics have been a constant force; they're just getting worse.

No time to catch up. Sneaking in from work while I can.

Just had to comment on this. I was one who was "ranting and raving" over YWT because it was very Christian song complete with very Christian visuals. I thought it had no place in a pop concert - and I still don't. It upset me. Even offended me and I know I was not alone. I don't think it was something Clay had though through and I think he was wrong. I, of course, expressed this, on what was then my home board.

I have told this story before here but a thread was started just to rip me to shreds (not by name of course - the person who started the thread brought only a small portion of my post on the subject from another thread and didn't name me), villify me, accuse me of not being a "true" Clay fan etc. It was extremely viscious and painful and almost made me chuck the NAT concerts I was planning to attend and chuck this whole fandom.

Sometime people have legitimate reasons for not liking something. But the people who were "defending" Clay in this instance were out of line and their actions (which included going to another thread to congratulate each other after posting on the "religious thread") were inexcusable. I think Clay would have been ashamed of the attackers for their very unChristian-like behavior.

ETA: Damn, I should never post early in the morning. I really meant to add also, that I personally feel that *I* got the better end of that quid pro quo. For the price of a few cd's and concert tickets (and plane tickets), I have had the *best* four years of my life. And I'm not exaggerating. I met the best friend I've ever had - and she lives 600+ miles from me, in another country. I've met great friends who live only a few miles from me, and still I would likely never have crossed paths with them. I've visited places I would like never have seen. And most of all, I've been blessed to be part of the Clay Aiken experience. That voice - in the end, after all else is said and done, I get to listen to that voice. I have received oh so much more than I've given.

And if the day comes (not impossible) when the online part of the fandom tips the scales too far, I will just go away. But I will never stop being a fan of Clay Aiken.

I so agree with this. I missed a lot of the hand wringing - I never heard anything against LTS - gosh, I just loved it and gave it to friends who enjoyed it as well. The moment it arrived via Amazon - I sat down and read it from cover to cover - yelled out when Clay told the story of his mother coming in and sitting down in the classroom (reminded me of when Clay described yelling at some point in Kite Runner) Hee! Anyway, then I read it again and savoured it. Some people asked me if they could borrow it and I refused but, if they were good friends, I bought it for them and if they were just acquaintances, I told them where to get it. It is now lovingly inscribed with "Use Your Voice - Clay Aiken" and is one of my favourite possessions.

:XmasRed:

So many great posts last night!

He has a career people would die for but it's not enough. He has been able to sustain tour after tour after tour while some idols haven't been able to go out on the road at all. But it's not enough. He is amazingly talented. He is charismatic. He is funny as hell. He seems like he's happy and on top of the world. He's dating going to dinner with freakin' super models. He's recording an album and sharing wonder days with his friends. He has a tour planned for the end of the year. He has other events he will participate in. Yet an unconfirmed rumor made us act like he was going on next year's surreal life.

Clay really is better off than 99% of all working musicians out there, and of the idols, only Kelly and Carrie have sold more total albums. Nearly five years after Idol, he's still touring, still getting bookings on network television shows, and still recording with a major label. This need that some fans have for him to be the biggest and the best at all things tends to blind them to the fact that his career is not in a desperate situation.

It was interesting to watch the Kelly thing play out in the fandom cuz surely the devil Clive wasn't right but then wait, we hate Kelly too so what to do what to do?

I too, found it fascinating, because Kelly did all the things fans thought Clay should do--fight the Man, badmouth Clive, disregard any label input. And it didn't exactly work out for her. Then, people had to figure out how hate Kelly and without admitting that RCA might have been right.

So why this? Why did this cause things to overflow like they did? Because if this was indeed true, this icky reunion tour with Ruben and Kim -- then who would be blamed. Oh yeah, some worked hard to bring this back around to RCA but really, it was weaker than the biggest conspiracy theories of 2006. They would have to blame Clay.

I didn't like the tour either, but what shocked me was the anger that some felt toward Clay. I think people felt that they had worked so hard to establish Clay as a serious artist, and here he was throwing it all away to help friends they felt were unworthy. It was almost like he was committing an act of disloyalty, choosing Ruben and Kim over the fans who spent money on all his solo tours. People took it so personally, which is why I think reactions were so emotionally extreme.

When I started with this online fandom, it was for the fun of it all, and I was really shocked when people would get furious with Clay - just as if he was an acquaintance or family member - it still seems odd to me to have assigned a total stranger (and no matter what is ferreted or weaselled out about him, or what he shares with us, he is not our personal friend, that is too invasive and overinvested, IMO) - some people seem to have not only assigned him the task of constantly entertaining them, they feel he needs to make them happy.

What disturbs me, sometimes, is that there seem to be many who seem to have lost a sense of perspective. The message boards are literally, their entire life. There are some who post so frequently you have to wonder, "Do you have a job? Do you have a family? Do you do anything that isn't Clay related?" And it is because they are only on the boards, every little thing takes on monumental significance. All they know about the world is what they've read on the boards and how it relates to Clay. And because the boards are their universe, they can't imagine that they would not be significant part of his.

When you live in the real world, you realize that there worse problems than what kind of tour he participates in. You see that comedians and DJ's make fun of everyone, that even "cool" artists don't always sell as well as expected (i.e., 50 Cent), and that many of the negative media comments really never hit the wider, mainstream audience. Right now, the vast majority of people have no clue that Kim ever mentioned a Reunion Tour.

But you never see that if you only live in "Clayworld."

You see that comedians and DJ's make fun of everyone, that even "cool" artists don't always sell as well as expected (i.e., 50 Cent), and that many of the negative media comments really never hit the wider, mainstream audience.

Exactly. I always think that when a poster reports on their local DJ saying something less than stellar about Clay. What did they say just before that about Britney, Timberlake, Kanye, Kid Rock, the latest reality show evictee, the local mayor, the kid that served them coffee this morning? I'd bet it's something in the same vein. It ain't just Clay.

Minimizes message board screen and guiltily slinks away to do some actual work.

Just had to comment on this. I was one who was "ranting and raving" over YWT because it was very Christian song complete with very Christian visuals. I thought it had no place in a pop concert - and I still don't. It upset me. Even offended me and I know I was not alone. I don't think it was something Clay had though through and I think he was wrong. I, of course, expressed this, on what was then my home board.

I have told this story before here but a thread was started just to rip me to shreds (not by name of course - the person who started the thread brought only a small portion of my post on the subject from another thread and didn't name me), villify me, accuse me of not being a "true" Clay fan etc. It was extremely viscious and painful and almost made me chuck the NAT concerts I was planning to attend and chuck this whole fandom.

Sometime people have legitimate reasons for not liking something. But the people who were "defending" Clay in this instance were out of line and their actions (which included going to another thread to congratulate each other after posting on the "religious thread") were inexcusable. I think Clay would have been ashamed of the attackers for their very unChristian-like behavior.

And they were wrong in that - but some of the "anti-YWT" were just as bad. Hell, I think members on both sides should have been ashamed of their uncivilized behaviour, period. One of the few instances that I got into a battle over. And as bad as it was and however wrong you thought Clay was - I still don't see a difference in that battle as to any other. It was one of those things that different people brought different things too. You though it was bad, others thought it was good and to still others (madly waves her hand in the air) it didn't make a difference one way or the other - but the battle managed to cause a lot of hard feelings. That was one instance Clay gored your ox - for others is was the (non-existant) Reunion tour. Or Hockeygate. Or his frickin' hair. A lot of the people who attacked you still think you were wrong and will not back down from that either. It boiled down to Clay's not dropping the YWT (or changing it up); not dropping WDC (or changing it up that up); not dropping the medleys (but changing it up as he felt like). There are lots and lots of legitimate reasons for not liking something. Including just "not liking it". But there are lots and lots of legitimate reasons for liking something too. Clay is also allowed to like and put into his concert stuff and people other people have whatever reason not to like.

A tall geeky redhead serves punch at his prom, is made fun of by his peers, looks at the picture of a supermodel on the cover of SI and dreams!

Fast forward 10 years;

He is still tall, geeky and sometimes a redhead, but now adoring women want to serve him punch, goes out to lunch with same supermodel, is now envied by those same peers and yet he still dreams.

How surreal this all must seem!

One thing that must not be forgotten is that those dreams are his and not ours. That's what some of his fans have yet to figure out!

Oh, merrieee! I lurve you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Heh. Think that if Clay goes to his 10 year high school reunion later this month he might manage to drop that little nugget into conversation: "Yeah, when I was having lunch with Tyra in New York a couple of weeks ago, we discussed ______________"? I'm easily amused. "I was just talking about the candidates with Diana Sawyer the other day when I was at the ABC studios, and _________."

<snip>

I just hope Clay can GO to the freakin' reunion if he wants to without fans thinking it's another 'ROAD TRIP!" opportunity for THEM. I'm REALLY gonna be pissed if that happens.

I'm working from home today...when I'm not feeling too lousy or rubbing my aching head or dabbing with a cheap tissue that's gonna leave my nose red and raw. I really love the idea of the memory lane bullets of speshial moments from our fan years....maybe start its own thread so that a poor girl can catch up on the main one without worrying about growing old first? :lilredani:

Oops....gotta go dab...later, folks...

So why this? Why did this cause things to overflow like they did? Because if this was indeed true, this icky reunion tour with Ruben and Kim -- then who would be blamed. Oh yeah, some worked hard to bring this back around to RCA but really, it was weaker than the biggest conspiracy theories of 2006. They would have to blame Clay. They would have to believe that maybe he was not what they so believe he is. The Christmas special, and the JNT05 with the cheesy vingettes, and the loving Mr. Rogers and his mama, and moving back to Raliegh, and hosting Miss America were not anamolies after all. Cuz THIS sounded so like Clay right?

Then there's that investment. 4 years. Money spent. Battles fought. All to show those asshat critics and hatahs that Clay had talent and now he was throwing it all away. And now I would have to find a way to defend him even more. Defend his superior talent. So when we learn it's not true - an outpouring of relief and then anger cuz Kim made us doubt him. It's her fault.

Wish I had more to add, but I just 100% agree with, well, most all of that, but the bolded parts, especially.

OMG, I so agree about the pecking order thing. I have always had a hard time understanding how so many people can be so gullible. To believe every word that comes out of the know it all, expert fans. To a point they refuse to even listen to anybody else when they make a post offering common sense.

That know-it-all expert fan is seductive, though. It frustrates and embarrasses me now, but there was a time in this fandom when I was "so gullible" and bought into some BS artist's bill of goods. I guess maybe I was more "Pollyanna" than I realized at the beginning of the fandom, and it didn't immediately occur to me that not everyone loved Clay in the fun way I did. It was beyond my comprehension that someone would go to such lengths and use other people to get what they perceived as "closer" to Clay. I think those sorts of people can sense the vulnerabilities of others. And, unfortunately, my vulnerabilities were exploited. Lesson learned and no permanent (I hope) harm done, but it drives me crazy to see the same thing happen to other people.

lol...I thought that, too. I imagine him calling a bunch of people from high school just to say, "I had lunch with a Supermodel today! What did YOU do?"

As far as when things took a turn for the worse, I can, of course, only speak for myself. The first time I saw what I thought was a really ugly side of the fandom was when the TITN video hit the boards. I just remember all this "policing" going on - people not "allowed" to even speak of it, let alone watch it. And post after post after post sounded like someone speaking "on behalf of Clay" - stuff along the lines of "well, this is what HE would want." And I remember thinking - How in the hell do you know? Sadly, I've had that thought too many times to count since then. That, like other incidents, was one of those that challenged a lot of people's ideas of who Clay is. I've been lucky enough to be a part of boards/groups that tend to take things in stride and not get ruffled feathers, but seeing it elsewhere has always been an experience.

I must say, the Pixel Detectives after boobgate were scary, amusing, and, in a slightly twisted way, impressive all at the same time, lol.

Edited by Mandler

Yet an unconfirmed rumor made us act like he was going on next year's surreal life.

This seemed to sum up the OTT reactions to me very well.

What absolutely fascinates me and actually disappoints me is the almost complete lack of chagrin or admitting feeling foolish for so over reacting. Let alone having the grace to apologize. I only saw that from a very few people.

I know that some say that the internet gives you anonymity and therefore people are freer to vent. I don't know about you all, but I value my screen name. I don't want to post anything under my screen name that I would be ashamed of saying later. Sometimes I have screwed up ( mostly with bad humor) but I try to make it right. I see others doing that too and that is who I have come to respect in this fandom. I don't expect Clay or any of the fans to be perfect. I just don't understand the lack of grace to recognize that possibly they made a mistake.

Someone here mentioned " where were our leaders" in all this. Frankly, I am tired of some being the "leaders" That implies that I might want to follow and that isn't me.

Lastly, even though the last two days were a huge disappointment to me, I will not forget the wonderful side of this fandom. It is what keeps me on the boards. There is a tremendous amount of love and generosity in the online fandom. I hear of examples every day. And that brings a warmth to my heart.

Edited by lovethatguy

CG I totally hate that this happened to you and I think it simply underlines how crazy that time actually was on the boards. All I saw were intolerance all around. The people who did that to you were intolerant of your views...the people that were angry at Clay and was clamoring for him to change the song were intolerant of Clay's right as an artist to determine what he sings in a concert.

I think in every gate...you will see the unwillingness of people to see the situation from another's POV and to just say we agree to disagree. There seem to be this effort to control...control the fandom's image or mindset..control Clay's image and career. This is entirely futile...

WORD KAndre

That was one instance Clay gored your ox - for others is was the (non-existant) Reunion tour. Or Hockeygate. Or his frickin' hair. A lot of the people who attacked you still think you were wrong and will not back down from that either. It boiled down to Clay's not dropping the YWT (or changing it up); not dropping WDC (or changing it up that up); not dropping the medleys (but changing it up as he felt like). There are lots and lots of legitimate reasons for not liking something. Including just "not liking it". But there are lots and lots of legitimate reasons for liking something too. Clay is also allowed to like and put into his concert stuff and people other people have whatever reason not to like.

Or not dropping the TV theme songs when they didn't like it. Heee, I was in Pala and the lady in front of me went out of her way to leave the venue and came back only after the medley was over. She sure missed out on a lot of fun.

And no, I don't think she went to the bathroom because she was back as soon as the medley was over and that sour look on her face was very telling. She left the venue as soon as Clay started the banter to prepare the audience for the TV medley.

It was sacrilege I tell you. Leaving Clay at his best.

That was one instance Clay gored your ox - for others is was the (non-existant) Reunion tour. Or Hockeygate. Or his frickin' hair. A lot of the people who attacked you still think you were wrong and will not back down from that either. It boiled down to Clay's not dropping the YWT (or changing it up); not dropping WDC (or changing it up that up); not dropping the medleys (but changing it up as he felt like). There are lots and lots of legitimate reasons for not liking something. Including just "not liking it". But there are lots and lots of legitimate reasons for liking something too. Clay is also allowed to like and put into his concert stuff and people other people have whatever reason not to like.

Or not dropping the TV theme songs when they didn't like it. Heee, I was in Pala and the lady in front of me went out of her way to leave the venue and came back only after the medley was over. She sure missed out on a lot of fun.

And no, I don't think she went to the bathroom because she was back as soon as the medley was over and that sour look on her face was very telling. She left the venue as soon as Clay started the banter to prepare the audience for the TV medley.

It was sacrilege I tell you. Leaving Clay at his best.

In this instance I just pity the fan...cutting her nose to spite her face... but that is their choice. If she does i quietly as she did there then I say she has the right to do as she wish. But when people make a public spectacle of it like the booing ...then it becomes the business of the fandom since it ends up affecting us.

I remember someone was upset about a part in the Classics that she felt was objectionable Someone suggested she leave during that part to make her point known. All I could think is " she better not be crawling over me, cuz I'll trip er!"

I don't have a problem with the objection per se, everyone's sensitivites are different, but to leave just causes a problem for someone else and is rude. How about just closing your eyes? Whatever.

PS Why does my homeboard show up and no one else's does? I just answered the My Control questions- I tried to delete it and it won't let me.

Edited by lovethatguy