#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Oh, Lordy, I forgot that egregious INSULT Clay made to all of CA when he talked about people in LA having no soul (or some such thing) even though everyone in CA knows perfectly well what he meant because we all say the same thing!!

heee I remember the "still the one" brouhaha.

Some of these flareups are also really civil wars within the fandom and is less about Clay. It's nothing wrong with people not liking YWT at a pop show and expressing it. But what happens is that people on different sides of an issue become intractable in their positions and it becomes about winning. There are probably many many instances of that. I also think each board dynamic was different. I don't think there were any WDC issues at my home board. Well I can't recall any.

JMH..I think you did a very succinct wrap up of the last year. I'm duly impressed..

For some reason Wandacleo's pictures don't like me. They won't load up for me so I'll take everyone's word that they are beautiful.

Hi everybody! I have been lurking here for a few weeks and I am really enjoying your board. Like Spikesmom, I am more of a lurker than a poster. I think my posts on other boards have been confined to the concert and ticket threads and consist of mostly "yeah, add me to the list, please".

KeepingFaith, I love those Clyra screencaps. I have not seen those exact ones before. I just right clicked and saved all of them.

I am a chocolate lover (so glad to see all the dark chocolate fans). Vegetables "can kill ya" just like salad.

I am suprised how much the last few days have bothered me. xxx stated almost exactly how I have been feeling. I have tried to analyze what is different this time, because in many ways there is very much a feeling of deja vu. The part that overwhelmed me was the reaction by some to Clay's first blog. As I said earlier, I don't post, just lurk. Therefore I posted nothiing anywhere one way or another. Even so, I think what I am feeling is shame - personal shame. The apparent lack of that feeling elsewhere is debilitating.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by booksmart

YWT and the ranting and raving over his singing (GOD FORBID) a hymn??

I hate to say this, but the lunatics have been a constant force; they're just getting worse.

Hey, I was one of those YWT lunatics. First and last time. That's when I learned my lesson--let Clay be Clay. Heh.

Hey booksmart!! Welcome, and great first post!!

Is anyone else getting the box to insert a term for bolding instead the codes just going in when you highlight and hit bold??

oops, more coding mess to fix--no need to quote myself

Edited by jmh123

That was on GMA when he was on with the NYC firefighters who made a calendar. Reportedly, every female eye in the studio was on Clay while he was just standing there, minding his own business.

Oh thank you!!!!!!! THAT was it! Made my day when I read about it! Too funny! But so understandable! :lol:

Here's a Youtube link to an awesome new montage that SmartyPantsSuz made as a retrospective of SPHR:

I just love it!

EEE!!! I loved the "boody" picture too!! :DoClay:

Hi Booksmart!! Welcome!! :)

Edited by canuck2010

waves to booksmart! Welcome.

Not getting that JMH... but I think I recall this happening to someone else before... did you change anything in your settings lately?

Angst: What really bugs the shit outta me? When posters with definate opinions, you know the ones, they're always putting their 'expert' 2 cents in no matter what the topic, post in such a definative way that it seems they are always right, even if the only facts they have are the same facts that everyone else has. And if you question them, they get all up in your face and huff and puff and try to blow your house down because they are ALWAYS RIGHT, even if it's JUST their opinion, and if you try to offer a differing opinion, they shoot you down in a condesending condecending condescending way. However you spell that word. I don't think I explained that very well.

loved booby picture..LOVED

And why yes Shady.. you explained that just fine.

ETA: Ansa who is huffing and puffing and trying to catch up -- I told her there were Clyra pictures waiting for her on page 29 heee - said that maybe you clicked off "guided mode" --- which is right under your edit window.

I haven't a clue what she's talking about as I must be using a different editor...don't see any check post length options or guided mode area. heee.

I like lurkers, I really do. My rant was in response to someone who thought I am talking about them when I was not. I should have jsut sent it to them and not posted it where people could think it was about them. Sometimes people assume you are talking about them cue You're So Vain and you are not. It is not always about a single person, sometimes I post about a general feel, sometimes it is supposed to be a composite person, sometimes I am getting stuff from places most people don't even know exist. I actually use FCA's web list and try and visit various boards I have never been to before to see what it is like. Some day, I might finish the list. I don't register for private boards, if I can't lurk, I don't bother for the most part.

So far, I find that the younger boards tend to talk about parents and homework as much as Clay, some of them assume Clay is gay, but don't want to argue about it, most don't really want to argue about anything, but complain about school and get sympathy from others or try and plot with others how to get their parents to drive them to a concert. Their angst is regular teen angst. I don't belong there.

There are boards where people mostly want to talk about their kids and/or grandkids and their gardens and /or cooking. They don't angst much either. They also don't discuss Clay much. I don't belong there either.

Boards that have a lot of insiders (that post about inside stuff) angst a lot, at least the public ones, I know there are a lot of private ones, but since they are private - well.....I don't belong there either.

Can I stay here, even if I really like Brussel sprouts?

Is anyone else getting the box to insert a term for bolding instead the codes just going in when you highlight and hit bold??
Yes, that has happened to me before. I believe I fixed that by clicking on Guided Mode under the Reply box. I think it's an on/off toggle.

Can I stay here, even if I really like Brussel sprouts?

yes I take back every evil thing I said about brussel spouts :cryingwlaughter:

He IS funny... I still chuckle every time I think about him not knowing Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me was a remake. One of my favorite things ever.

god I'm such a postho..must get myself under control... at this rate I'll catch bottle in another month or two hee.

That was it, keepingfaith!! Must've hit it accidentally. Thank you. :F_05BL17blowkiss: And thanks for reminding me I was funny at least once. :RedGuy: I love funny people--like that Clay Aiken guy--and always wished I could be spontaneously funny all the time like them.

Well, it's almost 11 PM in CA and here we are all still here on the computer.

I must remember to get a life.

Tomorrow.

Maybe the next day if someone posts crotch shots tomorrow. :RedGuy:

OMG...I go out and have a life and you guys pile up 13 pages on me...WTH!!! you would think there was something happening in the fandom!!!

For some reason, I think that with the anonymity of the Internet, people forget that those they are trashing are real human beings...with feelings. How must Clay feel when he reads that he's a fool and that his career is going to hell? How must Kim feel when she reads she is a manipulative bitch taking advantage of Clay for what may have been a totally innocent discussion about a possibility. Interviews aren't transcripts. Believe me, I know. My daughter and I were once interviewed for a Mother's Day article in the newspaper. The reporter came and talked with us about an hour, took notes, and wrote the most ridiculously inaccurate article! We were both quoted as saying things we didn't say at all. My daughter said it aptly, "We sound like a couple of saps!!!"

No shit. To attack people because of an article (especially in the world today when legitimate news sources quote that moron PH) shows a complete lack of understanding of the media, IMHO.

I have to admit...that all this have affected my view of Kim. I do think a large responsibility falls on her. BUT as Kandre said...its not like she revealed some earth shattering thing. Even if I do suspect her motives...I still will not bash her on a public board...not just because she is a friend of Clay, but because she is a real person that does deserve respect and some benefit of a doubt.

'ToldForThis' its understandable to get emotional once in a while...we all have our hot button. The important thing is recognizing when you are wrong and giving apology when it is due. so good for you and thanks for sharing.

In my opinion? The decline began the day that covers blurb appeared in EW. Things have never been the same since that day. And no, I don't think we can go home again.

Again, I think I agree about the timing...but do you think that caused it? Or was it just an ignitor, somewhere to place the anger? Where did the anger originate? And why?

(If I'm starting to remind anyone of their three-year old, just scroll)

I think the root of all this is for the need of some fans to be vindicated for their support of clay. They need him to be successful so that they can say to others...see I was right to back him. They are more invested in his success than he is because they can't be backing a loser. So whenever Clay does not follow the proven path to instant stardom...they freak out.

Of course there are also those that are simply afraid of losing him ...I am no longer afraid of that cos I think he can sustain a career at this level...he does not need to be s huge star to continue singing.

with regards to talking about the bords on the boards...ITA with couchie..I think there is a point where things need to be hashed out or else wounds are allowed to fester. I do respect other boards rules, but I think its the height of hypocrisy to edit people for being judgemental of other posters yet post after post disrespecting Clay and his friends are allowed to stand. I think the line between criticism and outright bashing or disrespect towards Clay has become more and more blurred.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our members from the personal stylist to the dog walkers, that have joined in the various hot topics we have had the past few weeks. I know Couchie and I set the guidelines but y'all made our jobs easier by working to keep the spirit of fun and respectful discourse alive during all the discussions. :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think I have accepted the fact that some people just love the drama...they live for the angst and so I let them enjoy all that in their boards and I just stay away. But the reality is,..we are all connected. Unfortunately...all the crap eventually trickles in and affects my buzz.

so now...on to the fun stuff...

CLYRA LIVES!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEE so does that mean tyra invited Clay the first dinner????EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOVE the convo on food...I just shake my head cos I grew up on dishes I wouldn't want to describe on the board. Scarlett should we tell them what dinuguan, kare kare, balut, bagoong, chicharon bulaklak...are? These are just a few of the more exotic Filipino delicacies...

Oh.My.God. I just read a post where someone called grits "glop"! Couchie, are you going to let people talk like that??? What kind of board is this? I'm a transplanted New Orleanian...grits are like a religion in this family! Putting sugar on grits amounts to a hate crime around here.

I can only hope that y'all can indulge in some deeeep self-reflection and see the error of your ways.:(

Bookwhore... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of being cool...I have this saved on my computer. I don't know where it's from or who. But I like it.

Cool is an inferiority complex, wrapped in jealousy, and covered with a phony icy mask. Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.

I think Clay is real.

----

Oh and ....

:XmasRed:

jamar... LOVED your quote. Explains it right on the money!

Sometimes when you are angry with someone, it helps to sit down and think about the problem.unknown.jpg

Wandacleo... I laughed for 5 minutes over that picture... thanks!

Ya'll know I love this place, but it just took me an hour and a half to catch up so I could post so I can go to bed and not be 87 pages behind when I get up in the a.m. Had a blast, tho! :allgood:

Well, my friends (new and old), I must go to bed.

It's been fun.

(And grits ARE glop!!)

Runs to bed before the grit hits the fan!

Hi! This is my first post. I "know" many of you from other boards where I post or lurk, so I don't feel like much of a newbie, which likely explains this post. I still have unresolved thoughts about the past few days and I think some people here may be game for ruminating on my ruminations, so here goes:

1. Why was the idea of a Reunited tour the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back" for so many fans? Was it because some were no longer proud or honored to be a fan of such a "winner"? It may just be my personal quirk, but I have often been unsettled by a cascade of posts that say "we sure backed a winner" or variations of the same, whenever Clay does something generally seen as admirable, just because I can't relate to making that statement; I mean it's nice to back a winner, but it's never been a seemingly non-negotiable condition of my being a fan. Do some people need to back a "winner" and the idea of a "Reunited" tour caused an earthquake-like jolt that Clay was no longer a "winner" and they needed to withdraw their support? Do people derive self-esteem and validation from supporting someone they can put on a pedestal, but they can't let them off a pedestal because it shows the folly of their choices and, thereby, damages their self-image? Why were so many strong feelings simmering below the surface that caused this non-announcement to be a breaking point? Was it leftover frustration from ATDW and its generally perceived non-kick-ass status? And why do many think it is important for Clay to have a kick-ass CD? What's wrong with a non-kick-ass CD that's a nice niche product and maybe earns gold status again? And does a universal definition of "kick-ass" exist? Is it Kanye's or David Foster's? Is the concept of a "kick-ass" CD going to be the same let-down that the ATDW "shock and awe" that never materialized was for some in the fandom, if a certain definition of "kick-ass" isn't met?

2. I have a different take on Clay's second blog than has been voiced by many. I don't subscribe to the "serendipity" theory of the first blog although it could be true. My read is that Clay may have been somewhat aware of the situation and was hoping he could just ignore it as he has ignored many matters in the past. The reaction to the first blog, however, was so strong that he felt mandated (interesting word) to add his "By the way..." addendum. It really doesn't matter if he knew or didn't know, but it seems to me that to some, the supposition that he didn't know of the fan angst before the first blog, is very important, because they can't imagine him knowing and not addressing their angst. He may not have known, but an alternative view is that he knew and was hoping to distract, as distraction (i.e. Britney!, Lindsay!, Paris!) often works in current pop culture; perhaps Clay quickly saw that distraction blogging didn't work and gave an angry audience the mandate they wanted.

I don't have a lot of answers, just a lot of leading questions that may reveal my answers. I do hope that Clay maintains his current level of success because it means I can see him in concert as well as several times a year on my TV. Mucho goodo!

ETA: While I was writing this, I see Ansamcw had the same thought:

I think the root of all this is for the need of some fans to be vindicated for their support of clay. They need him to be successful so that they can say to others...see I was right to back him. They are more invested in his success than he is because they can't be backing a loser. So whenever Clay does not follow the proven path to instant stardom...they freak out.

So another question: What's wrong with backing a loser or is all this turmoil still vindication of AI2 anomaly night? Does that remain a sore point for many of us if we still have a visceral reaction if Clay isn't the best? And, if so, why? Is all the angst still a carryover from that night, like a repressed memory?

It's been educational in here tonight. I'm learning some history -- I had heard about boobgate, and I'm aware that JNT05 had its detractors, but I never knew there was a brouhaha over LTS, or that the JBT was originally known as the Americana tour, and that people were apprehensive about it.

I'm intrigued about the mod connections. It certainly seemed to me, when I came into this fandom, that there was a unified theme across the boards ... kind of a dirge with intermittent barrages of blitzkrieg. I very much saw a blanket effect, at least on the boards I lurked.

Gee, it seems to me that in a perfect world the fans would not sweat the small stuff, and would take a hide and watch attitude if something didn't hit them right, or remain skeptical if there's a rumor afloat ~ even one with a press release attached to it ~ because everything really is going to be all right, you know. But just like in real life, some people fret and sweat, some float in the ether, and others keep on trucking. It's just people.

Clay and Tyra look beautiful together, don't they? And yet, this face alone is delicious to look at. I hope Tyra enjoys herself.

vlcsnap-1770819.jpg

vlcsnap-1770801.jpg

And thanks again, Scarlett! The WPB is exquisite so far. That night Clay was gorgeous, his voice was flawless, and the venue was divine.

ClayAikenTour2007002.jpg

This is also divine:

DSCN0253.jpg

p1000982cqr5.jpg

JBTDarienLakes1049cpants2.jpg

keepingfaith, last night you posted a recommendation for Scarlett's SSTBTHW from WPB. Well, I just want to say thank you. I just downloaded it and watched. That is beautiful. It's one of my favorites on the cd. Scarlett thank you, I'm not sure professionals could do better, your clack is such a joy to watch.

Wow, jazzgirl, you said a mouthful. Loved your whole backing a winner thing and I think it has some merit - lots infact. Our bragging rights are being deminished. First it was he was the most succesful idol and he didn't even win. That sounded great right through the IT. Then he became the most successful nonwinner. Ok that still sounds great. But everytime some little silly something is taken away - like best selling first album, only runner up to do better than the winner, etc etc it's like we're a bit more deflated. RECORDS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN!!! We follow these idols, and a show we can't stand, and then compare everything about them to Clay. Those that do better is because they have the perfect support. Those that don't do better have some character flaw and are totally beneath him. Clay is the only one allowed to come off a season of Idol and have an amazing year. And he's the onliest one that wants to make a difference. SIgh.

He has a career people would die for but it's not enough. He has been able to sustain tour after tour after tour while some idols haven't been able to go out on the road at all. But it's not enough. He is amazingly talented. He is charismatic. He is funny as hell. He seems like he's happy and on top of the world. He's dating going to dinner with freakin' super models. He's recording an album and sharing wonder days with his friends. He has a tour planned for the end of the year. He has other events he will participate in. Yet an unconfirmed rumor made us act like he was going on next year's surreal life.

It was interesting to watch the Kelly thing play out in the fandom cuz surely the devil Clive wasn't right but then wait, we hate Kelly too so what to do what to do?

So why this? Why did this cause things to overflow like they did? Because if this was indeed true, this icky reunion tour with Ruben and Kim -- then who would be blamed. Oh yeah, some worked hard to bring this back around to RCA but really, it was weaker than the biggest conspiracy theories of 2006. They would have to blame Clay. They would have to believe that maybe he was not what they so believe he is. The Christmas special, and the JNT05 with the cheesy vingettes, and the loving Mr. Rogers and his mama, and moving back to Raliegh, and hosting Miss America were not anamolies after all. Cuz THIS sounded so like Clay right?

Then there's that investment. 4 years. Money spent. Battles fought. All to show those asshat critics and hatahs that Clay had talent and now he was throwing it all away. And now I would have to find a way to defend him even more. Defend his superior talent. So when we learn it's not true - an outpouring of relief and then anger cuz Kim made us doubt him. It's her fault.

heee psychobable 101. sorry..can't go to sleep..just finished watching the last hour of Last King of Scotland and now I'm completely unsettled.

I used we a lot. Consider it an exercise. I'm not generalizing the entire fandom, maybe a small portion of it - just throwing out some theories which could be complete and utter claptrap.. And again, there was nothing wrong with not liking this tour. Many here didn't like it either. I think It's time we all give Clay the same respect we insist and demand be given to members of this fandom.

I'm going to bed..it's 1 am so shoot me if this makes no sense.

Bwah, it's great to be up this late..I've edited this post a million freakin' times - of course why am I' admitting this since I have the special powers :cryingwlaughter:

and crap gee whiz ..this is how I'm repaid - top of the fucking page - hurray.

He got a really pissy, squint-eyed look on his face and said, " I'll sing what I want when I want. I'll tour where I want and with whom I want. How dare you try to tell me what I can do. Who do you think you are?"

oh, if only he would say that!

Okay, I couldn't sleep, you can always scroll down to where I talk about food .....

When I started with this online fandom, it was for the fun of it all, and I was really shocked when people would get furious with Clay - just as if he was an acquaintance or family member - it still seems odd to me to have assigned a total stranger (and no matter what is ferreted or weaselled out about him, or what he shares with us, he is not our personal friend, that is too invasive and overinvested, IMO) - some people seem to have not only assigned him the task of constantly entertaining them, they feel he needs to make them happy. That is a real WTF!!! for me.

The need to know what he is doing 24/7 then morphed into the need to tell him what he should be doing, and then anger or disappointment when he just went about his life like any other person. Why on earth would there need to be a definite reason for him to be in New York? with a friend? Yikes! Some of the fans have put Clay into a much more restrictive box than the fabled Clive construction. Yes, some folks are just curious, but some also have expressed that he shouldn't be wasting his time on frivolous stuff, he should be working.

LTS was when I really saw the ugly - IMO that book was not an autobiography, it was not a thinly disguised slap at his family, it was storyteller Clay fashioning snapshots of his life that he thought might strike a chord with young people who were having problems.

But, wow! such ugliness, and also, such a creepy desire for some, evidently, to state that they were much better and nicer than his mom, poor Clay, dressed poorly and not showered with gifts. Thank goodness the folks who completely diagnosed and assessed all his problems, using just that book, are not really practicing psychologists - ya know, even a professional needs to talk with someone over a period of time, sometimes years, in order to make a diagnosis (heh, or condemnation) - a professional would not make a quickie judgement based on a book written for kids - a book that was expressly described as NOT a tell-all autobiography - and then post nasty crap publicly.

YWT-gate was nasty too - I guess I could see why some people didn't like it, but there was such a meanness for a while. And individually not caring for it? Fine, but then some made blanket statements that their part of the country was too sophisticated for that sort of thing, and would exit en mass - didn't happen, tho.

That is when I first noticed that some people were trying to tell Clay how to conduct his career through the boards - funny, tho, there are so many disparate opinions that hopefully it is pretty much like Lassie barking furiously, to him - "What? Timmy's in the well? No? Timmy's fallen and can't get up? YAPYAPYAP!!!!! What? I should sing hott songs? No, I should sing pop? No gospel? What?????"

So then I started to regard some of the people who got quite vitriolic and mean as just people I would not want to know in real life, people I would not, for instance, care to invite over for dinner. Yes, I know that they wouldn't want to come over for dinner - but that makes it a win-win, really.

And then I thought, well, this is perhaps just people writing in cyberspace, and they are not really like that in "real life". Wrong again, some of those people will fuck around with Clay's real life, or that of his family, friends, and associates, and in some cases, other fans, cackling with glee.

I dunno, maybe for some it was that all the Look at meeeeeeeee!!!!!! stuff did not work, so then there was disappointment, then anger. And then perhaps it was felt that okay, even if Clay won't acknowledge them as speshul, then perhaps they could get that validation from other fans. I think that pretty much sums up the RHT/Todd drama, for example, but holds true for some individual fans as well.

It seems to me that since then, there is just a very vocal group that has gotten so over-invested both in Clay and in their need to feel superior, that they view everything through the very narrow lens of what will please them personally, and any deviation is an affront, and must be dealt with harshly. And any post that deviates from that narrow point of view is quickly given a correction.

Blargh. What a waste of time.

There is a difference between snark and not even thinly disguised swipes at Clay & Co., and I am pretty sure the people who engage in that practice are quite aware of that. I guess another turning point for me was when suddenly snark could not be directed at ourselves, because it might hurt someone's widdle feelings. Hurting total strangers' feelings is O-Tay! though.

Grits is made from corn. Cream of Wheat is made from, well, you know.

I don't use sugar or sweeteners at all, just because I don't like them, not because I am sensible or anything like that. Don't add salt to anything either, except for french fries.

And I like my fries with mayo, and I think ketchup is harsh and nassssty.

Two things I found out "right quick" when I moved to North Carolina from Illinois, years ago (I am now in Florida) - when someone says Hey! it does not mean I should stop and say What?, because I will be left standing there like a lost soul, and that the dead silence when I asked for unsweetened tea was not good. And it did not mean they had merely run out of it and were gonna brew some up just for me.

It was only ten years ago that I found out that the canned green bean-cream of mushroom soup-French's Fried Onions casserole was not on the Thanksgiving table of everyone in the country. My boyfriend's family always had what they considered traditional - baked ziti. They had never heard of my traditional dish, and even when I showed them that recipe was on pretty much every can of all three ingredients, they acted like I had made it up just to mess with them.

Sushi and sashimi are wonderful, when fresh and prepared correctly.

The worst "famous" food I have tried, and failed, to eat is a deep-fried hotdog from Rutt's Hut in New Jersey. I think someone just accidently dropped a hotdog in the french fry cooker one day, and wouldn't admit it.

Ms. Tomato, thank you for those lovely pictures - what a beautiful guy he is!

Edited by djs111

Can't sleep. It's 2 am. so: thought I'd do a couple of happy fandom memories heh maybe that will work

I always enjoyed reading the cellcert reports from the Clayboard. Even before there was cellstream..there was fun reports from the CB. The IT opener was one of my most favorite ..he's coming through the crowd..he's singing When Doves Cry! Didn't it just seem like he had grown by leaps and bounds from the AI2 tour? How does he do that.

I know somebody can do better than this but because of Clay I've visited: Nevada, Utah, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, New Hampshire, Massachuseetes, Vermont, New Jersey, Teneesee, and GA. This Xmas I will add MN, NE and Indiana.

My favorite two events couldnt' be more different - ebirdie's pig picking party and sipping wine at a winery in Temecula laughing up a storm

The most overwhelming experince was The Vegas IT pre party- we were late..I had pulled a Scarlett and changed clothes in the car and it was a million people there. I remember meeting KAndre there for the first time..I think we were shoved off to the side and not in the main room cuz there were so many people. I thought she was ..... blingy. heee Second most overwhelming day - Kimmel/Virgin - I wanted to kill that woman from Kimmel who was in charge of the line. 3rd most overwhelmind day: helping host the Oakland JNT05 multi board pre party.

The Northern California Clay parties for the hell of it are always fun.I always win supurb clack. I get to meet people from every board. The big screen TV always has great clack. Lots of laughs.

Most embarrassing moment: going to Anaheim to share a room with somebody I met on the internet but not knowing her real name (waves at Perusing One)

Dripping beer through the hotel lobby in Atlantic City, smelling it, and thinking the pilot registering at the front desk was reeking

Putting shampoo all over my face thinking it was lotion (LdyJ was there for that one)

Leaving one of the last minute JBT AC tickets sitting at home isomewhere in my computer. Had to call my sister from Vermont after that concert - tell her to go to my house and for the next 1/2 hour she rummaged through my Clay life looking for these tickets. It's one thing to tell your friends and family that you are a Clay fan - but to have them understand the details? That's different. Before she found it she had been in my Clayversity PM box, my CH PM box, my yahoo account, you know where I get all those google alerts, and she finally found it in my main email box.

Best blackmail/teasing material: My friend, well SOL on this board, actually SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEING when she got a ticket to the JBT AC shows. See, this child I talk to a few nights a week on AIM and she thinks she's so over Clay. Yawn. He's so yesterday. She's going to one concert. After the concert she calls my house and leaves a message on my phone.... COUCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! OMG Couchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. he was out of his MF mind. Ok..never mind that my mom got this message heh. So that one concert turned into 4 more for her and just the other day she told me that was the highlight of her Clay fandom. But the moment she actually squeeeeeed..not eeeeeeeeeeed..she actually said SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE in a high pitched tone..well I just relish that moment so very much and I never let a chance go to remind her that she did it. I mean even I have never squeeeeeed. :cryingwlaughter:

Favorite memories - the bus line in San Diego, meeting Ansa, meet and greet in New Hampshire, Clay friends in my own backyard turning into real friends - Salud/Muskifest, hanging out with Scarlett and KAndre and Toffee and SOL in AC --seeing the clack stash live and up close and personal heee; The lobby of the Borgata after the final JBT; Recalculating!!

I could go on and on and on..only touched the tip of the iceberg..those aren't really the best and the only and the greatest..I have a million of them. I could write a book! (bwah - dont' throw tomatos) I just thought it would be nice to mention those for some weird reason. :cryingwlaughter:

OMG mayo on french fries? heee..that's a new one for me!!

OMG mayo on french fries? heee..that's a new one for me!!

Heeee.....another Holland thing - french fries are "frites", from Belgium, and are served with a fresh mayo-type sauce. It is better, actually! So.....to sum up - BIG beer, pate and Brie sandwiches, all-fresh-asparagus menus (salad, soup, entree) when that harvest is ready, and Dutch guys are generally in fine shape from all the bicycle riding.... Den Haag is a fine place to visit, and the trains go all over Europe easily, too!

Hmmmmm....that just reminded me of the porny discussion of how good the rich creaminess of mayonnaise and the firm French fry taste and feel when one swirls the crisp and stiff fry through the rich goodness and then gently bites down on it.......

Lessee - one of my favorite memories is not hesitating a millisecond to be spoilered for MCWL; really, I never say no to that sort of thing! Shooting those MP3s all over the country to other fans!

Following KAndre into a bar at the Borgata - attention is paid, folks, it was impressive indeed.

Watching Scarlett texting, talking, napping, texting, typing away, in the back seat of Traveler's car, on the way up to Wolftrap from Valdosta.

The three of us hysterically laughing because it was late, we were tired, and we couldn't find the front entrance to a 20-story hotel with its name in giant glowing red lighted letters. We ended up parked by the dumpsters in the back, for a while.

Almost having a fistfight with the creepy couple next to me while I was giving a cellcert, and pretending nothing was happening. They stole my STREAMERS, dammit!!!!!!!

The first cellcerts, which sometimes sounded like one of those submarine movies, people hunched over listening to the faint ping! of the sonar - it was so much fun!

Edited by djs111