#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Yeah, I looked around at some other boards too. I made a bad choice. I should have stayed here with the charnina.

Apparently there is great joy by some that Clay was on Kim's MySpace as number one friend the other day and is now gone.

I don't do mean. I hate it. I don't even understand it. How in the hell can you be happy that there are people out there, whether you know them personally or not, with hurt feelings? Are you not empathetic to your fellow man? WTF? :scream:

Ok, end of pre-school teacher rant. *writes 100 times, I WILL play nice with others even if they piss me off*

Edited by laughn

I gather Clay is no longer listed as a friend on KL's MySpace page!

Ack! Really? I hope it hasn't come to that.

Good God, this is so junior high school. But friendships aren't...I hope Kim and Clay can meet IN PERSON and work this out between them...if that's what they want to do. And I sure as hell hope that all the experts in every other area of Clay's life---both professional and personal---that lecture and interfere as though it were their manifest destiny will NOT do anything ANYthing to make a difference in whatever their relationship is going to be.

God. Get your OWN fucking lives, people!

Yeah, I looked around at some other boards too. I made a bad choice. I should have stayed here with the charnina.

Apparently there is great joy by some that Clay was on Kim's MySpace as number one friend the other day and is now gone.

I don't do mean. I hate it. I don't even understand it. How in the hell can you be happy that there are people out there, whether you know them personally or not, with hurt feelings? Are you not empathetic to your fellow man? WTF? :scream:

Ok, end of pre-school teacher rant. *writes 100 times, I WILL play nice with others even if they piss me off*

oh no...I thought merieee was being snarky. This is not good at all. Whatever anybody else feels about Kim, Clay had a history with her. I do believe that friendship was real and one thing I learned from Clay, he does not take friendship lightly.

(((Clocke)))

I hope that is a temporary condition

...and yeah bottlecap, I can see Ruben throwing his hands up and saying, 'Don't look at me!. I didn't say anything'!' LOL

laughn, you have me laughin'. Thank you!

JennaZ! I'm totally pissed at you! Do you mean to say that I was in LA with you and you didn't say anything about these 88 sushi restaurants? WTF? <_< Next time, okay? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Absolutely!

Yeah, I hope this whole Reunion Tour debacle doesn't become more juvenile than it already is. But I'm not holding my breath.

People need to let this die. I thought Kim made a mess with her respond, but no mather how I feel about her respond I will not give her the benefit of commenting on her my space and continuing this insanity.

I hope people will grow-up and leave it alone. It reminds me of some of the arguements my children got into. Feelings get hurt and make it worse.

As someone who kinda felt like it would be fun to see the Cluben, at least, and fun to see all three singers having fun - I feel like this all wouldn't have been such a big steaming pile'o'mess if it weren't for the fact that in some places every time Clay so much as farts or sees a movie it is treated and dissected and declaimed, acclaimed, or derided as a career move.

And then, of course, depending on the verdict, things get ugly, things get said that perhaps should have been deleted.

I'm in a state of sympathy pissification over Kim not hearing from Clay for 2 months because I know how I feel NEVER hearing from the little shit.

Here I am, waiting by the frigging phone. :fca:

Oh lord, I have to jump in this conversation. Gee, I remember when I was dating (years ago mind ya) when a man does not call back, that means he ain't interested. I knew that umpteenth years ago.

Oh , Kim, Kim you ought to know that after a month of waiting, the guy isn't interested. :cryingwlaughter:

Clay will now be the "DIVA" for not calling his friend back. TWO MONTHS!!!! :ph34r: , she is a presumptuous one isn't she.

Edited by leeana

Muski said:

And may I just say this? Couchie! I'm waiting for you to bug me about joining you for the Heartland Road Trip...you haven't yet. WTF? :cryingwlaughter:

Has she returned your calls within the last 2 months? Oh no....what happened to the coucmusk? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Edited by Toots

Has she returned your calls within the last 2 months? Oh no....what happened to the coucmusk? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

It's a sad sad situation. We don't run walk fast anymore. She won't let me see Shadow. She won't write me a Clyra part 2. She probably got skunk all over my tour tshirt that she's holidng hostage. She keeps talking about her job like they're slavedrivers all so I won't apply for that position that will be opening up soon. I just don't know what to think anymore. I think I need representation to at least retrieve the tshirt. I should have custody.

I hope Clay fans aren't writing all over her MySpace. I know they won't do that. Yep. I'm confident on that one.

I gather Clay is no longer listed as a friend on KL's MySpace page!

Ack! Really? I hope it hasn't come to that.

Good God, this is so junior high school. But friendships aren't...I hope Kim and Clay can meet IN PERSON and work this out between them...if that's what they want to do. And I sure as hell hope that all the experts in every other area of Clay's life---both professional and personal---that lecture and interfere as though it were their manifest destiny will NOT do anything ANYthing to make a difference in whatever their relationship is going to be.

God. Get your OWN fucking lives, people!

Dit.to.

MySpace wars? This is junior high school.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks to all the admins and mods who worked on fixing my post this morning. I bet that's the most work you've had to do in awhile. I appreciated it.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

You know I don't blame Kim for being pissed and I think she replied nicer than a lot of people would. I believe her when she says that Ruben and Clay both told her they were on board with this, when she presented it to them. Then the next time she called, Clay told her to have their managers get together. No matter if that is the standard line or not, I believe she truly believed Clay was willing to do it. So I'm sure she felt confident in giving that info in her interview. I don't believe she gave the info to Billboard with any agenda to use Clay. Then when Clay's fans found out about it and raised all kinds of hell and trashed him, he responded with a "tone" towards Kim. Even though he blamed the media she could very easily think he was just passing the buck to her and making her look like a liar and user. Not to mention she has a right to inflict a tone of her own after the way his fans bashed her.

Or what keepingfaith said. It's all a publicity stunt. I've always said controversy sells. :cryingwlaughter:

MySpace wars? This is junior high school.

Well we are going thru our second childhood, some the third and more. I'm not saying how many I've gone thru but it's more than one! :lilredani:

You know I don't blame Kim for being pissed and I think she replied nicer than a lot of people would. I believe her when she says that Ruben and Clay both told her they were on board with this, when she presented it to them. Then the next time she called, Clay told her to have their managers get together. No matter if that is the standard line or not, I believe she truly believed Clay was willing to do it. So I'm sure she felt confident in giving that info in her interview. I don't believe she gave the info to Billboard with any agenda to use Clay. Then when Clay's fans found out about it and raised all kinds of hell and trashed him, he responded with a "tone" towards Kim. Even though he blamed the media she could very easily think he was just passing the buck to her and making her look like a liar and user. Not to mention she has a right to inflict a tone of her own after the way his fans bashed her.

Pretty much what I think. Not sure he ever said he was "on board," but he probably did discuss it seriously with her, but didn't commit. Clay does have an issue with saying things directly when he doesn't want to hurt people (cept when he's pissed), like "Please don't flash that camera in my eyes." He jokes, he hints, he ignores, he hopes people get the message. Sure, she has some responsibility, but sheesh, it ain't that big a deal. Despite the occasional media report of the tour, it still isn't a big deal anywhere but Clay's fan boards, and hopefully it will blow over.

IMO, What Kim did was a bit unprofessional and it would seem by that time she mentioned, she would have known it wasn't a go. You don't just put something out there. If indeed, it was a go for the three, the professional thing would have been to have a joint press release. Someone else posted that if your date doesn't call you back, don't start planning the wedding. JMO- I taking up for Clay. No surprise. LOL. I spend my days and nights on a Clay fanboard. Jim Kelly at WRAL in Raleigh is reporting the correct story. This is per CV.

It's a sad sad situation. We don't run walk fast anymore. She won't let me see Shadow. She won't write me a Clyra part 2. She probably got skunk all over my tour tshirt that she's holidng hostage. She keeps talking about her job like they're slavedrivers all so I won't apply for that position that will be opening up soon. I just don't know what to think anymore. I think I need representation to at least retrieve the tshirt. I should have custody.

I hope Clay fans aren't writing all over her MySpace. I know they won't do that. Yep. I'm confident on that one.

O.K. now that's just wrong! When she won't write Clyra Part 2 for you we all lose. Damn couchie, get over there and help her blow her nose, hand her kleenex...anything to get Clyra Part 2.

Puff, puff, I finally caught up and I have totally forgot what I was going to reply to.

Many great thoughts and ideas. Food for thought... and I "ain't" talking about jello.

Welcome..JazzGirl (Jazzy), Spikesmom, Booksmart.

Muski.. sending good thoughts your way!

As ClayNation churns, it can be exhausting, funny and, and..... :herewegoagin:

If it hadn't been for the fan outrage, the scenario might have gone like this:

Kim says a tour is in the works.

A handful of outlets pick it up.

Months pass. No tour.

All but her fans forget about it.

Life goes on.

Now, there is the potential for some to spin this into some kind of feud. True, Clay might be termed a "diva," but Kim looks a little foolish (and a little presumptuous) for telling the press they were planning a spring tour when she also stated he hadn't talked to her in months.

Personally, I suspect they had a conversation like this.

CLAY: We had some good times together on tour, didn't we?

KIM: Absolutely. Wouldn't it be great if we could do it again?

RUBEN: Yup.

CLAY: That could be fun.

KIM: We could call it, The Reunion Tour. Sing duets, trios.

CLAY (joking): Have your people call my people.

KIM (taking it seriously): We'll do it.

A month later.

MARY: So the office says Kim's people want an answer about this tour. What do you want to tell them?

CLAY: Oh, God. I can't believe she was serious. How do I tell her I don't want to do this?

MARY: You have to let her know. She might be relying on this.

CLAY: Yeah, I know, but I don't want to deal with this right now. Tell them we're "ruminating" the idea. Maybe she'll get the message and drop it.

Two months later.

KIM: Dammit! Clay still hasn't answered my calls. The Billboard reporter will be here soon.

CURB PUBLICIST: Ruben and Clay are on board with this tour, right? We don't have their management's confirmation.

KIM: They never told me "no." In fact, Clay said to have our agents talk to each other. I'm sure they'll work it out by the time this article is released.

Tuesday afternoon, as Clay reads the responses to his blog.

CLAY: What the ...! I never said I was doing this!

MARY: See, I told you you should have returned her calls.

However, I really do think that if the story does get out there, it can simply be spun as the result of a simple miscommunication. I could see a response stating something to the effect that there was an misunderstanding regarding the interest of the parties involved. It really is better for both if this doesn't get blown up anymore than it has.

IMO, What Kim did was a bit unprofessional and it would seem by that time she mentioned, she would have known it wasn't a go. You don't just put something out there. If indeed, it was a go for the three, the professional thing would have been to have a joint press release. Someone else posted that if your date doesn't call you back, don't start planning the wedding. JMO- I taking up for Clay. No surprise. LOL. I spend my days and nights on a Clay fanboard. Jim Kelly at WRAL in Raleigh is reporting the correct story. This is per CV.

Well, personally I don't know what the "professional" thing was to do, but IMHO Press releases are way over rated and bandied about the fandom as if they carry some great weight. The end all be all of everything and they simply are not. IMHO Maybe she is a bit unprofessional but I could name a dozen things I think Clay has done, or said, that I thought was unprofessional too. Mainly dissing the industry you are trying to break into. I think they are, or were, friends and I think it is a shame that Clay's fans might have put a wedge in that friendship. JMO of course.

I agree jmh. I don't know what exact words he might of used but I do believe that what ever he said to her, she took it that he liked the idea and was on board for it. There obviously was some miscommunication and it is regrettable this whole thing happened.