#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Well, my office is my home again today....and Shadow has to listen to whatever I decided to play. :medium-smiley-070: Of course, since my head is pounding and begging to be shot off, I'm not sure how loudly I'll be letting Clay sing to meeeeeeeeeeeee as I try to continue to 'work from home'

Hey! Wait a minute!

WORK FROM HOME?

That's almost exactly the title of a one-chapter quickie I "rendered" (video creativity is not the ONLY 'art' that can use the word 'render', you know...heh) a while back, called "Working From Home"! :RedGuy:

Maybe THAT's what I need to do for a pickmeup before another frantic day of conference scheduling. Yeah! That's the ticket! :lilredani: If anyone wants a quickie from Clay, look down...(oooh, I like that idea, too! :hubbahubba: )

Bottle, you should think about being a mod. Word to your post.

And I'm sick and embarrassed to hear of any of the fan angst becoming public record in the media and in any way causing this bullshit to grow and become fodder for people who really don't have the right to even lick the shoes of either Clay OR Kim. We (the collective fandom---not 'we FCA' or any one group)---are responsible for any reputation that "Google-able" expression of angst garners. I won't be venturing ANYWHERE online to see what crap is spreading like the fungus it is....I hope FCA remains a safe, sane place...like the haven it usually is.

Now, off to buy some Zicam (thanks, Play! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) to try to stop the spreading of another kind of germ....heh.

"Working From Home" on CV

eta:

OMG! I was watching a video on reality remix and the host said to one guy that his wife was so beautiful he must be packing an umbella - unbeleivable.
OKay...help me out here. God knows I'm not naive but.....Huh? Edited by muskifest

I just tend to be skeptical of anything labeled "homeopathic" - and the possible side effects are not good (though those only seem to show up with constant use). It really does work if you catch it early enough - but I admit I tend to undermedicate. If it's something that will clear up on its own even if you don't do anything - I don't do anything.

Raises head over edge of rabbit hole.

Peeks around. Is it safe to come out yet?

Decides to be very brave and try.

Have you ever seen those ads for the Garden Mantis? It's a light weight tiller ( 20 lbs) that is supposed to be easy to use and on TV it even tills through sod and weeds. I believe everything I see on my TV, of course.

Well, I borrowed one from a friend. What they didn't tell you was you have to dislocate your shoulder getting it started. Besides it's better if you are a contortionist because you have to pull out the choke, flip the switch control the throttle and pull the ripcord at roughly the same time, Oh and you'd better have a firm grip on the engine or it goes jumping all over when it finally starts.

Once you have it started and those finger-amputating blades are spinning - HOLD ON! The thing bucks like a ( oh, this may be the Clay connection with this post) bronco. It vibrates too - no, not in a good way. Where the soil has already been dug it is almost manageable, but move it over to weeds, grass or anything with roots, ugh. It did get through some of them before getting clogged - then you have to turn it off, clean it out and start over in contortionist position number one. (Whoops, Clay reference) After doing a plot about 5' x 5' I felt as if I'd been mugged by a gang of little old ladies at Bloomingdale's. That was yesterday.

But today, all that nice turned soil, ready to rake and plant. I dug up a bunch of irises that had been scattered around where my "lawn" is supposed to be and moved them to my Iris Garden. Actually it's my Iris & Wildflower Garden. OK, it's really my Iris and Weed Garden, but the weeds do have pretty flowers, well some of them do. I don't count the poison ivy or the wild grape vines from Hell. Anyway, I'm very proud of myself. I have a new plot of almost weedless iris that may or may not survive the winter, but hey, I tried.

What does this have to do with Clay. Well, I think my tractor's sexy! Oh, all right, so it's not really a tractor, just a huge honking Riding Mower.

I bet Clay would have just paid a gardener to do it.

Never count the poison ivy.

Hmmm. I'm reading on MSNBC about the "cool" Babyface. And one of the things that is "cool" about him:

Rather, it’s the 10-time Grammy winner’s personal tribute to the songs he knew and loved as a kid. The songs he used to sneak out of church to go listen to on the car radio. It includes eight cover tracks and two original songs.

Among the oldies but still goodies are: “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,” “Please Come to Boston,” “Diary,” “Time in a Bottle,” “Fire & Rain,” “Shower the People,” “Longer” and “Wonderful Tonight.”

Seems to like James Taylor, huh?

Sound familiar? He's also worked with David Foster. Last had a platinum album back in '96. Releases a new one about every three years. Last three didn't go gold. Went on a Fox reality show, "Celebrity Duets", which many would have said was "beneath him".

Honestly, I think Clay is on track to have a fairly similar career - unless the music industry implodes - which is also quite likely.

Man, Everything I Have is pretty when I don't have people shrieking through it!

YAY, canuck2010!

Congrats Canuck, LTG and Gareem

I just saw a commerical for Babyface's CD on TV...it did kind of surprise me...is this the wave of the future?

Kim

It might a wave ... because I think Babyface is one of the more successful musician of the last decade. And Babyface is known as a songwriter...

It's stuff like this that tells me Clay is not really being shunted off to the side...

muski, I must admit I have wondered just what kind of job the heroine in your story had. I'm guessing Hooter's Girl?

lilyshine, I think the important question is: Are you going to plant anything in your new garden that can eventually be imbedded in jello?

KAndre, I read that Babyface tracklist and made a face. Some eyerolling may have ben involved.

Clay content? I hope he is. That is all.

:xmas07a:

Whew!!! Took me a looooong time to catch up, but I did it. I know this was pages and pages ago, but I still have to quote it, 'cuz it cracked me up:

Clay looked in my direction at the DCAT and I sent him a telepathic question to which his eyes clearly answered "Yes." I haven't heard from him since, so hopefully we're still engaged.

Off to issue a press release in order to find out for sure. :bolt:

BWAH!!!!

*snip*

That's almost exactly the title of a one-chapter quickie I "rendered" (video creativity is not the ONLY 'art' that can use the word 'render', you know...heh) a while back, called "Working From Home"! :RedGuy:

"Working From Home" on CV

Oh, yeah, Muski, I remember this one. I think I've read every single on of your stories. I've enjoyed every single one of them!

*snip*

But today, all that nice turned soil, ready to rake and plant. I dug up a bunch of irises that had been scattered around where my "lawn" is supposed to be and moved them to my Iris Garden. Actually it's my Iris & Wildflower Garden. OK, it's really my Iris and Weed Garden, but the weeds do have pretty flowers, well some of them do. I don't count the poison ivy or the wild grape vines from Hell. Anyway, I'm very proud of myself. I have a new plot of almost weedless iris that may or may not survive the winter, but hey, I tried.

What does this have to do with Clay. Well, I think my tractor's sexy! Oh, all right, so it's not really a tractor, just a huge honking Riding Mower.

I bet Clay would have just paid a gardener to do it.

BWAH, again! I loved your entire post. I wish I was that ambitious about my yard.

gareem, lovethatguy and I got Row A tickets for South Bend!

:clap::XmasRed::allgood::lilredani: :xmas07a:

we're excited...

:clap:

An now, I'm off to steam clean my house. YUCK!!! The only thing that will make this job worthwhile is that I'll be listening to Clay on my ipod. And, of course, the carpets will look all purty when I'm done. Getting started is the worst part of this job. Which is why I keep typing instead of going to get the steam cleaner out. Maybe if I post a few animations I can put it off longer .....

Wiggleforavi-new.gif

070725GilfordRHWclipSloMo-new.gif

thGilfordCLassicsMedleyParty-1.gif

GilfordMOAMclip.gif

hfsweetkisslargefu8.gif

hfeargougelargeww0.gif

av-14763thrust.gif

ThankYou.gif

HawtConcertClay.gif

sillydance.gif

Watch it, merrieeee - I could always vote to let Scarlett pick our next lunch place...

I wonder if anyone would be fooled into think my headphones are actually a telephone headset? Though I admit, they don't actually look like a telephone headset...

Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!!! And since I can't let a day go by without squicking out Toots, I have to mention that I'm currently wearing KAndre's underwear.

Hmmm, maybe I should swing by Montrose tonight. (but it was unused when she gave it to me, honest! It was an emergency!)

Eeeeeeeing for Canuck, LTG and Gareem!

Never count the poison ivy.

Hmmm. I'm reading on MSNBC about the "cool" Babyface. And one of the things that is "cool" about him:

Rather, it’s the 10-time Grammy winner’s personal tribute to the songs he knew and loved as a kid. The songs he used to sneak out of church to go listen to on the car radio. It includes eight cover tracks and two original songs.

Among the oldies but still goodies are: “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door,” “Please Come to Boston,” “Diary,” “Time in a Bottle,” “Fire & Rain,” “Shower the People,” “Longer” and “Wonderful Tonight.”

Seems to like James Taylor, huh?

Sound familiar? He's also worked with David Foster. Last had a platinum album back in '96. Releases a new one about every three years. Last three didn't go gold. Went on a Fox reality show, "Celebrity Duets", which many would have said was "beneath him".

Honestly, I think Clay is on track to have a fairly similar career - unless the music industry implodes - which is also quite likely.

Man, Everything I Have is pretty when I don't have people shrieking through it!

YAY, canuck2010!

Thanks guys!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Babyface was one of the performers at the David Foster Gala in Vancouver - he was absolutely awesome and had the whole crowd on their feet - rocking out!!! I wish him lots of luck!

He won't be thumped for the covers album. I think the only reason that Clay's ATDW was given such a cool reception was because it was his sophomore album. I think it was highly anticipated to see what his first post-AI hype CD would be and the critics were disappointed. If he had done this album a few years down the road, I think the story would have been very different. I think Clay thinks so too. :)

Edited by canuck2010

gareem, lovethatguy and I got Row A tickets for South Bend!

:clap::XmasRed::allgood::lilredani: :xmas07a:

we're excited...

whoo hooo

I just got my ticket to Omaha. And since this is a trip on a budget..I didn't even click on pit or orchestra and I am way happy with my dead center Row G ticket. How many rows in the pit so I can figure out where I am.

Bookwhore, I applaud your entire post and add you to not-a-mod list. heh

Thanks, guys. Last night, I was beginning to fear that my happy place was going to become something I was avoiding elsewhere. But it hasn't and I am now confident that it won't.

TALKING about it, facing reality, realizing we don't know SHIT about what went down in the Clay/Kim scenario other than the "public" record is what I believe makes this place such a haven in Clayland. It should never change. But it really is hard when so many new posters arrive at the same time. Like anything else, be it a new home or a new job or school, it takes a while to adjust.

That Clay guy? Love him to bits. He's not perfect, but I respect his enormous talent, generosity to friends and to those in need of someone to speak for them. He's unique -- but then so are ALL of us -- and celebrating that uniqueness in him and in all of us is what I admire about this board. With all the new members, it will be a little while to incorporate all of that uniqueness in one place. It will be an adjustment for ALL of us as more fans find FCA. But I do think the people who "run" (hee) this place are more than up to the challenge.

***Can't wait to see if I'm still walking dogs. Not that there's anything wrong with that, understand. I do have a dog. Walk her too. She even likes me.... But, how does that compare with guarding Clay's body? I could do both. I can multi-task. If there is a change in my designation, do I get to hang with Jerome and stuff? Huh?***

ETA: EEEEEEEEE!!!!! I made it!

This post was brought to you by the word "I"......

Edited by clayzedover

lilyshine, I think the important question is: Are you going to plant anything in your new garden that can eventually be imbedded in jello?

Only cucumbers. I'm not a very ambitious gardener. All I plant are tomatoes & cucumbers, but I'm thinking about some beets for next year. Just stuff that tastes like crap from the store.

Does Kandre have poison ivy? I admit that I've had to skim today. Apple cidar vinegar will dry that sucker right up. Ask YSRN about it.

I agree with Kandre , Claygasm, couchie, ansa, about the two sides and nobody is perfect - and that wonderful list about "sometimes".

What bothers me is the "pile-on" still going on on other boards and I feel very sad and disconnected from them because of it. I've been ill with my auto-immune stuff and I'm not feeling suicidal enough to suggest that Clay may have not been "perfect" in "Locked-Gated" over there.

I just want to say how much I appreciate the civility and open mindedness here and I hug you all for it.

Hey, what do you guys do for warts? Compound W didn't do it. My doc told me to tape a baby aspirin on it with a bandaid and let the salysalic acid do the trick. WE'll see. It was really hurtin'.

OH! Who's going to Sedaka? Hubby and I am and the next nite we're gonna see Fanty in Color Purple. Anyone going? I"m very excited about Purple as well as Sedaka nite.

:allgood: even if I don't feel that way today.

Babyface? Squeeee! But, but but where's "End of the Road"???!!! That is the one song I've heard live [whispers] and thought it was better than Clay's version [/whisper] Too bad I didn't dare to video it because Clay was coming after and I didn't want my camera taken away so early. "End of the Road" was and still is one of my favorite ever songs from the JBT -- I once drove all the way to the office winding & rewinding that part of the 90's -- but when I heard Babyface at the Vancouver Gala it totally blew me away!!! .............'course I can always blame Jacob.

Couchie Woo Hoo on your row G ticket!! Sounds pretty darn good to me! I would have been thrilled with that too. We still can't believe our luck!

All our plans are final now for our three-fer!

tickets - check

hotels - check

flights - check

kickass SUV - check

I just love that "Singin Fool" - (tm-Jesse Vargas)

:XmasRed:

Scarlett Hee!! You are so funny!!!

Edited by canuck2010

Babyface? Squeeee! But, but but where's "End of the Road"???!!! That is the one song I've heard live [whispers] and thought it was better than Clay's version [/whisper] Too bad I didn't dare to video it because Clay was coming after and I didn't want my camera taken away so early. "End of the Road" was and still is one of my favorite ever songs from the JBT -- I once drove all the way to the office winding & rewinding that part of the 90's -- but when I heard Babyface at the Vancouver Gala it totally blew me away!!! .............'course I can always blame Jacob.

Oh!!! I love End of the Road too, I really thought their harmonies were great, and yeah, if it isn't as good as Babyface, let's just blame Jacob.. HA

Ooh! Diva! My daughter just successfully got rid of a wart on her finger with Dr. Scholl's "Clar Away"...She used the medicated discs...

Play, that video makes me remember my kitties...they all used to do that---not so much to the dog, but to pillows and my pillowy hip and...er....chest...and the loud 'motor' was always part of the treatment---bigtime purring. (PS...dang! You didn't warn me about the price of my miracle cure! :scream: )

Congrats, all you front row peeps! :clap:

Couchie, let me understand this. You got your Omaha ticket but didn't shop for ME? :whistling-1: I think Row G center sounds pretty danged good. :XmasRed:

Does Kandre have poison ivy? I admit that I've had to skim today. Apple cidar vinegar will dry that sucker right up. Ask YSRN about it.
BWAH! THis CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: Ah...message boards---the new "news" wire..... :lmaosmiley-1:

I just got my ticket to Omaha. And since this is a trip on a budget..I didn't even click on pit or orchestra and I am way happy with my dead center Row G ticket. How many rows in the pit so I can figure out where I am.

Hee. I think we're in Center H! From what I understand, 3 rows in the pit...so G may be like 10th row? My friend who got the tickets and goes to shows there all the time said this is a place she would rather not be in the pit or the first 2 rows because it is a very high stage. But those are just personal preferences.

---

Did I mention :XmasRed:

Divadoll I don't get outside enough to know what poison ivy looks like - I am strictly an indoor cat. I was just admiring lilyshine's garden, until she got to the part about putting cucumbers in Jello - cucumbers belong in vinegar! I don't actual know what irises are either.

Scarlett, I think if he wrote it, it doesn't count as a cover. And yes, Clay's was good - but Boyz II Men rule on that. And we will blame Jacob since he's now your ex-boyfriend. Heh.

Trying to get my act together for the Sedaka thingie...family is not cooperating...

Like couchie and others have said, absorbing more than a hundred members in less than a month for a really small board is not easy. We did well up until now, and handled some challenges, but tonight was not good. I think some people haven't been able to get what is different about this place. It's not the lack of colored ink, it's not the ability to speak freely, say CAP, or talking about the boards on the boards. It's listening to one another and respecting each other's opinions, even if you don't agree, and accepting each person for who that person is--a unique individual who is different from you, handles things in her own way and thinks in her own way. And isn't always perfect, and neither are we. This board will be what you make it.

Night all.

When you have a history with people that makes a big difference in how you would interpret their posts. With one hundred new posters that history doesn't exist at this point. Like most people in relationships old baggage has to be let go of and left at the door. So, you are right JMH about listening to one another and respecting each others opinions.

My thought has been that it is not for the faint of heart to be on a Clay Aiken fan board. Why, because there are many intelligent, witty, highly opinionated people who seems to populate these boards. Also it is not for the faint of heart to be a fan of Clay's. All the gates are just an example of what I am talking about. Why?

akim

Most of these times these sites are just looking for hits and attention, and it seems Clay fans are more than happy to help them out.

Yes, ClayNation never fails to deliver the much needed attention and hits these people want. I have been thinking if this might be one of the reasons that certain people of the press, critics, etc give Clay a hard time? Attention and hits. If ClayNation didn't respond, as they mostly always do, would half the negativity be displayed against and about Clay that seems to out there? Just a thought.