#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Yeap - personally, I'd like to say "Good luck. I wish you well" to Kimberley and leave it at that. Beyond that, it's not really the fans' business.

Apple cider vinegar, eh? I try to be careful, but I always seem to end up with poison ivy at least once a summer from doing yardwork at my mom's house, and none of the commerical stuff I try seems to dry it up very fast.

I have not responded, although I have continued to read, because I thought Couch Tomato told me not to.

However, since so many of you gave your opinion and I feel I started the whole thing, I do feel I have a right to say something too.

If anyone thought that I was being judgemental about Claygasm herself, I apologize. I thought I was asking a clarification of rules. And I thought I asked it very politely. If that was not the perception by some of you, again I apologize.

On the one hand, I found it impressive that the "old time posters" seemed to "circle the wagons" around their friend whom they understood from past experience. However, as a newbie and an outsider, it was a tad uncomfortable being on the outside of that circle. To be clear, I didn't feel trashed, just on the outside. I wonder if any of you can see that perspective?

I really see how this huge quick growth could be problematic for this board. I personally thought the discussion that followed my question was quite adult and respectful. Lots of different opinions were given. Although I don't agree with your response, Couch Tomato, I will respect it. I won't question again.

Only 11 posts and I already "stirred the turd".

I tried to think through this post very carefully. I think I did alright. Hope it is taken as intended.

Just took a stab at the Omaha site and the best I got was Row M, seat 113...sigh...gave it back...don't even know if I'll be able to make it, anyway...

Are we still talking about Jello? :RedGuy: I make a mean jello salad (or to be honest, I used to make one...been a while heh)

strawberry-banana jello with only half the water; mix with cut up bananas, strawberries and chopped up pecans...layer...let gel. Add layer of sour cream and top with rest of jello mixture. Gel in fridge. Top with Cool Whip.

YUM! :medium-smiley-070:

Now off to swab my nose. runforthehills-1.gif

(Blame play...it was HER idea! :eusa_whistle: )

End of the Road? Man...I'll never forget the first time I saw/heard this at JBT. I thought, "Wow...Jacob doesn't sound half bad on this....Then THE VOX entered and it was "Jacob Who?" :lilredani: Clay's voice has so much more soul than Jacob's, IMO. It's just thicker and richer and stronger and there's just more to it.

Same goes for Clay's pants. :hubbahubba:

Scarlett, I think if he wrote it, it doesn't count as a cover. And yes, Clay's was good - but Boyz II Men rule on that. And we will blame Jacob since he's now your ex-boyfriend. Heh.

Trying to get my act together for the Sedaka thingie...family is not cooperating...

Oh, he wrote it? *hides face*

But you hafta go to Sedaka *shakes KAndre back and forth* Must go!!! And we'll go see Fanty the day after too -- we can stalk diva and hubby. Say you're gonna! *scrunches up face like I'd just tasted the sourest vinegar in the world* Can I say 'Hell NO' to your family thing for you? I need some practice with people who don't actually know me..... thinks about that for a minute, are the rest of your family shy and introverted too?

ETA: Looks about me in horror! Why didn't I just edit my last post???!

Edited by Scarlett

I have not responded, although I have continued to read, because I thought Couch Tomato told me not to.

However, since so many of you gave your opinion and I feel I started the whole thing, I do feel I have a right to say something too.

If anyone thought that I was being judgemental about Claygasm herself, I apologize. I thought I was asking a clarification of rules. And I thought I asked it very politely. If that was not the perception by some of you, again I apologize.

On the one hand, I found it impressive that the "old time posters" seemed to "circle the wagons" around their friend whom they understood from past experience. However, as a newbie and an outsider, it was a tad uncomfortable being on the outside of that circle. To be clear, I didn't feel trashed, just on the outside. I wonder if any of you can see that perspective?

I really see how this huge quick growth could be problematic for this board. I personally thought the discussion that followed my question was quite adult and respectful. Lots of different opinions were given. Although I don't agree with your response, Couch Tomato, I will respect it. I won't question again.

I tried to think through this post very carefully. I think I did alright. Hope it is taken as intended.

You did fine. All opinions are welcome here, including yours. And there is nothing wrong with asking for clarification of the rules.....I agree I wondered some of the same things as you did yesterday. I think we got through it ok and we seem to have moved on this morning. YAY! :) [/not-a-mod]

NCDonna, I see you lurking down there! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yes, ClayNation never fails to deliver the much needed attention and hits these people want. I have been thinking if this might be one of the reasons that certain people of the press, critics, etc give Clay a hard time? Attention and hits. If ClayNation didn't respond, as they mostly always do, would half the negativity be displayed against and about Clay that seems to out there? Just a thought.

I've been thinking about this a lot in the last few days. As a collective group Clay fans have taken a lot of hits from all different forms of media. Most of the time I have felt that the descriptors of "us" as fans has been unfair, but when I take a look at what has happened in the past few days, at the shitstorm that was made out of something fairly insignificant and only rumored to be true, I'm starting to wonder what kind of other crap have some of these people spouted off about and to whom. I wonder too, if the predudice that seems to exist toward Clay may have more to do with overinvested fans that don't know where to draw the line between support and interference.

C'mon Sis and Scarlett- Fanty and Clay ! Join us! We're thinking about The Mann on Central Park on Broadway. Reasonable rates and right near Lincoln Center and the Museum of Natural History.

I'lll go look for Dr. Scholl's.

Those pix: nothing like afternoon pron. Swing Low sweet chariot!

I thought I was asking a clarification of rules.

We have rules? :scream: How come nobody told me?

---

Seriously...a good time to mention, if you haven't already, you can always check out the handy dandy

Board Philosophy

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta...but of course...them's more like guidelines than actual rules [tm Captain Barbosa]

---

I don't care how many jello recipes you post...I ain't doing it. More than 2 steps and it's full on cookin' and that's just not happening.

Edited by jamar1700

But, how does that compare with guarding Clay's body?

Nothing does. We members of the FCA Super Sekrit Security Services must remember to keep our eyes on the prize at all times. It's our sacred duty and honor. Welcome.

I'm enjoying the humor and good-natured irreverence here. This is the second chuckle I've gotten today. The other one was the post about just wanting to pay bills and postho!

jamar...come on over to my house, my house and I'll make some for ya! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

lovethatguy---All Is Well....I DID 'circle around' Claygasm because 1. It's not "usual" here that a specific poster is called out like that and 2. she's my very, very good friend and I know her rather well so I KNEW what she meant...and how she meant it to be read...I understand that you didn't...

And yep, I like what someone said about the 'new' board here with all the new posters being like getting accustomed to a new job or a new house or bigger school or different kind of bra...

oh, wait...

nobody mentioned that last item?

heh...my bad...

BTW...a friend (about 58 years old and HAWT! He's my younger daughter's softball coach and a family friend but I STILL say he's HAWT!) was talking the other night when our families were at a local beer haunt together. Don't know how the conversation got here :whistling-1: but he said that when he was a teenager he often wore a jock strap JUST TO MINIMIZE HIS CONSTANT BONERS!

BWAH! He said he was always getting boners at the drop of a hat (or bra strap) and he couldn't control them and it got embarrassing. I asked him if the jock strap helped...he said it didn't stop the things from happening, but at least it kept them from getting pointed at most of the time.

BWAH!

Let's NOT send Clay a jock strap as a present, 'kay? :lilredani:

As a fellow newbie, I have to say that I felt similarly. As a matter of fact, last night I thought maybe I'd made a giant mistake and that FCA was really no different, and I DID get the impression that we should just not address CGs remarks because she was part of the "in" group.

Well, I've ruminated (don't you just love this word) about this considerably, and this is what I think. I, and some others, are sort of wandering refugees from a board with a resident basher who has free rein to bash away and we are allowed to say nothing because she's "really loves Clay," despite the fact that Clay looked less than impressed with her love in Orlando. And, she's back in full form. So, for a little while, I felt like the resident basher just had a different name here, but the same rules applied. That was really disheartening to me because I thought that calling Clay a jerk about his SISTER was really mean-spirited (especially since HE told us about not returning the call and how much he suffered because of it--and who in the world hasn't neglected to return a call to a sibling???) It seemed like hitting below the belt. I was afraid to even mention that last night because the message seemed to clearly be to shut up.

And, that was probably the best thing. I mean, CG had already posted and said she was leaving the board.

I'm still trying to understand the board and find my way--as are others--and I don't know a lot of you so I have no history (well, except with many of the newbies). Last night, I didn't say much, but I'm sorry I said anything. I am glad, though, that lovethatguy asked the question because maybe it will help to clarify the newbies relationship to the board.

Same goes for Clay's pants

There I was thinking wow muski writing a post without any smut...she really must be feeling ill! But then I got to the bottom of the post and there it was her beloved smut!

Now I feel better.

I make lime jello with cream cheese and smushed up canned pears. At least that is when I cook. I hate to cook! Nothing ever seems to come out right to me though I am very good at opening jars. My hubby even bought me one of those electric jar openers. He know me so well.

I wonder if Clay has learned to cook?

Hey lovethat guy I was on the outside when I finally started to post. It didn't stop me I just barged in (whether they liked it or not :imgtongue:) One day I will be here long enough to learn the secret handshake! Wait there is no secret handshake .........what sort of a group is this? :cryingwlaughter:

But really this board is like no other that I have come across. Thank goodness bashing is not allowed...well except by Solo and then only in front of Clay*g*

Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!!! And since I can't let a day go by without squicking out Toots, I have to mention that I'm currently wearing KAndre's underwear.

Hmmm, maybe I should swing by Montrose tonight. (but it was unused when she gave it to me, honest! It was an emergency!)

Is the underwear clean? Don't you buy your own underwear? You'll have to do better than that Scarlett, cuz I'm not squicked out by the underwear swap. Well, o.k., maybe a little bit! Just have to add a little color here for effect.

CG is not leaving this board.

CG is not the resident basher.

Lovethatguy, there was nothing wrong with your question. And if at the end of the day you got out of it that you can't ask another one then we have work to do. And yep, of course we as mods will work on that.

Bookwhore, I agree it wasn't that bad. What was different for me though is that it's five pages later and we're still on it. Not used to that because people just simply kinda just move on and I've yet to see the baggage carried over to the next day or the next post. One post doesn't make a board toxic, How people deal with it can. Clearly, the growth came fast. The newbies are feeling on the outside a bit. But the old timers also feel the change. The key will be to find ways to make it work. And we will be inviting discussion on it, away from main, shortly. And I hope we can come together and make a new "us."

I want to highlight the point that it's not just one side trying to find its way. Two months ago I was crying for Hawaiins because the "closed" sign went up at about 8PM pacific time. I was barely home from work and finished dinner while everybody else had gone off to bed it seemed like. So I normally would just go through the 3 or 4 pages of posts for the day, probably annoyingly quoting almost every single post while chatting with one or two others that happened to be up. I think it was the smallness that helped me get to know everybody. And then there was gradual additions and that was easy. Now there are a ton of people I'm trying to know. So there are issues on both sides. So we'll create a thread where this can all be discussed.

Scarlett, I think if he wrote it, it doesn't count as a cover. And yes, Clay's was good - but Boyz II Men rule on that. And we will blame Jacob since he's now your ex-boyfriend. Heh.

Trying to get my act together for the Sedaka thingie...family is not cooperating...

Oh, he wrote it? *hides face*

But you hafta go to Sedaka *shakes KAndre back and forth* Must go!!! And we'll go see Fanty the day after too -- we can stalk diva and hubby. Say you're gonna! *scrunches up face like I'd just tasted the sourest vinegar in the world* Can I say 'Hell NO' to your family thing for you? I need some practice with people who don't actually know me..... thinks about that for a minute, are the rest of your family shy and introverted too?

ETA: Looks about me in horror! Why didn't I just edit my last post???!

Sic Solo on her!

I don't really now where to begin and truthfully don't get into the fray much but I was a bit offended and like you I can say what I think....

The fact that the members here protect each other is why most of us are here in the first place. Respect is a wonderful quality in people...

If you are going to be judgemental you have to understand where people are in their life..

I'm a newbie, altho a post ho, I think it's wonderful that so many diverse opinions can be heard..

Don't disrespect Couch Tomato because you will find the wagons circled by all who reside here..

O.K. rant over....mods delete or spank me whichever you prefer!

I'm movin' on , too...cuz as I sit here, my eyes crossing over a spreadsheet the size of Texas and my head still aching and ....

All Is Well just 'happened' on my shuffle of iTunes songs....and tears are running down my face, damn it...my nose is already all stuffed up and my sinuses already sore and my eyes already red and....

I'm going to play that song again....

Later, all... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'll admit, my feelings were extremely mixed last night. To escape, I ploughed through my Tivo listings, watching one "Top Chef," two "Mad Men"s, two "Kyle XY"s, and a "Greek" back to back.

(((lovethatguy))) I'm glad you posted again. I have a lot of respect for your attitude and thoughtfulness about this issue. Your post is anything but judgemental or disrespectful.

And I'm so thrilled you got great seats in Indiana. Congratulations!

It's easy to avoid major disagreements when a board is small. As the board grows, we have a broader diversity of opinions and reactions, which means a greater potential for conflict. I hope we can continue to find a way to keep things from getting personal.

Edited by JennaZ