#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I'm diabetic. Ya'll know that right? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm not, but I don't tolerate sugar very well. I love finding a really good candy store that has sugar free chocolates. I always go for the peanut butter cups!

I can have sugar, but I've tried the sugar free chocolate because it doesn't have as many calories. Some brands are really good, but they can make my stomach upset. Have you found any that don't do that? 'Course, if I eat the whole box, I guess that might be the problem . . .

I've never bought sugar free chocolate at any place but a chocolate shop, and then usually just one piece. It must be the artificial sweetener that doesn't sit well with you.

My absolute favorite chocolate is "Endangered Species Chocolate - Extreme Dark Chocolate" It as 88 percent cocoa and it's not bitter like some darks can be. I usually have one or two little squares at a time, which is about 2 grams of sugar. It's NOT low calorie and low fat, though.

ETA: Uh oh, I'm at the top of the page. I forget why that's bad, but we're talking about chocolate so it can't be too horrible!

Edited by saltwaterdog

My absolute favorite chocolate is "Endangered Species Chocolate - Extreme Dark Chocolate" It as 88 percent cocoa and it's not bitter like some darks can be. I usually have one or two little squares at a time, which is about 2 grams of sugar. It's NOT low calorie and low fat, though.

I've had that brand, and it is FANTASTIC!! And it's so rich and wonderful that one or two little squares are actually quite satisfying.

ETA: Spikesmom - that's a chocolate replica of Han Solo in carbonite.

Is it sad that I recognized that right away? LOL

I watched AYSTAFG tonight to see what the show was like. I wanted to picture the studio and stuff for when Clay's on. (never watched before) There was one 4th grade grammer question I answered by singing a verse of Schoolhouse Rock to myself.

...conjunction junction, what's your function... :RedGuy:

Oops, I overshot clearing out the excess in quotes, but I *think* this was.....

psst - the two quotes you quoted after saying this were both from meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm sorry!! You said good stuff!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's (not all that) late, I'm tired and a bit lazy tonight. I shoulda gone back and looked! DUH!

ETA: Ok, now WHY is it so horrible here to be at the top of the page? I haven't figured that one out yet!!!

ETA2:

saltwaterdog:

"Endangered Species Chocolate - Extreme Dark Chocolate" It as 88 percent cocoa

I've got some of that in my pantry too, and it is good! I can even get it in W TX!

Edited by AnAmeraikenInTX

Just so y'all know, I blame you entirely for the fact that I made a batch of brownies this evening. Oy. Now I have a 9 x 13 pan full of them to resist. :P If only I had a tall, handsome neighbor with a striking resemblance to Mr. Clay Aiken but lacking his unfortunate chocolate allergy with whom I could share them... ;)

...conjunction junction, what's your function...

Now there's a cover Clay could sing!

I'm kidding...kinda...hee.

I feel oddly like I typed www.fin.... in my browser and landed on the Death by Chocolate website, but that's ok, carry on.

Considering Clay's allergy, this might be the right website! Maybe the next topic could be would you give up chocolate for Clay? I would have to ruminate on that......

I feel oddly like I typed www.fin.... in my browser and landed on the Death by Chocolate website, but that's ok, carry on.

Considering Clay's allergy, this might be the right website! Maybe the next topic could be would you give up chocolate for Clay? I would have to ruminate on that......

I love chocolate, but that's easy. I could and would!!! Seafood and treenuts would be tougher, but doable!!

So, do y'all have this mental image of BF ruminating?

So, do y'all have this mental image of BF ruminating?

Interesting question, Alice. Speaking of word choices, this one intrigued me. To me, ruminate implies thinking about something over and over in a way that is a bit compulsive. That might not at all be what Clay meant, but it did make me wonder about his thinking process.

I probably think of the word that way because that is the connotation in my line of work. He probably just meant thinking a bit. Who knows?

Edited by duckyvee

Nope. I'd just eat it when he was out of town.

ETA: Regarding Clay ruminating, I just pictured him thinking about it off and on - like a conversation that won't get out of your head. I looked up the word just now and the first definition was "To chew cud"! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by saltwaterdog

Ah, but what if he came home unexpectedly, and you'd just eaten chocolate? He would be able to smell it, and might get mad and spank you. Hmmmm, come to think of it, that might not be so bad ....

I knew I was going to love this board...all these dark chocolate lovers. I haven't tried some of the brands mentions, so I think I am going to have to go on a sampling spree.

Just back from bowling...hubby and I have been on a league for a few years now...I am not the best bowler but it is a fun night out; the league we are on are just there for the fun, no one is overly-invested in winning which I like. We lost all three games tonight.

Had to bring in my geraniums tonight since it is supposed to get in the thirties...I am so not ready for cold weather.

My Cubbies won tonight! Of course nothing is easy with them and a 1-2-3 ninth inning just wouldn't do, so we had a few nail-biting moments, but that usually happens when they play the Cardinals.

Well, now that I have bored you all to tears, I will say goodnight...see everyone in the morning.

Kim

Second, most of you would probably not have wanted to be me today, from the unpleasant cleaning chores to the psychological hoops of parenting a parent, to the 2 1/2 hour, 30 mile drive home in the rain and flooding roads and the bumper-to-bumper traffic. However, my mom took a bath today, so it's a good day.

Days Mom gets a bath are good days for me too. I can relate.

Define the for Clay part. What are the parameters here? How much of Clay do I get? And for how long? Oh heck. Like that matters.

Yes.

Very good point! Sounds like a "two pounds of flesh" argument. I like the way you think. Maybe we could market chocolate Clays, like the chocolate Hans Solo upthread. Forget pins, this is much better! Small copyright issues, but whatever!

Ah, but what if he came home unexpectedly, and you'd just eaten chocolate? He would be able to smell it, and might get mad and spank you. Hmmmm, come to think of it, that might not be so bad ....

See? Lots more fun than giving it up! Kinda like having your Clay and eating it, too. Oops, that's not how the saying goes. :whistling-1:

I always thought I belonged on this board.....you know like minds and all but today I feel like an alien. Where did my board go? I think I just don't fit in any more! You see I only like Milk Chocolate and it has to be only Cadbury's imported from England! None of your Hersheys' wannabee or Godiva stuff. Oh no!

Would I give it up for Clay? Duh! I actually stopped eating chocolate one week ago and seeing the pics is driving me crazy!

Had to bring in my geraniums tonight since it is supposed to get in the thirties...I am so not ready for cold weather

Wow Aikim I've still got my air conditioner going. It was 90 today!

See? Lots more fun than giving it up! Kinda like having your Clay and eating it, too. Oops, that's not how the saying goes. :whistling-1:

Salty (may I call you Salty?)... BWAH!!!

I have a reciepe for Better Than Sex cake.... course that's NOT 'Better than sex with Clay" cake, but still good. LOL

Only 4 ingredients so that might fit some people's perimeters...

Layers: chocolate cake with pudding, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, smooshed up SKOR bar, then do it again. You vary the cake ingredients a bit and use less milk than called for in the pudding, but it works well even if you don't. Man, it is delish and folks gobble it down for sure! It sure looks pretty in a glass bowl.

I have made dark choc layers / milk choc layers and once vanilla/strawberries for someone allergic to chocolate.

I always thought I belonged on this board.....you know like minds and all but today I feel like an alien. Where did my board go? I think I just don't fit in any more! You see I only like Milk Chocolate and it has to be only Cadbury's imported from England! None of your Hersheys' wannabee or Godiva stuff. Oh no!

Would I give it up for Clay? Duh! I actually stopped eating chocolate one week ago and seeing the pics is driving me crazy!

Had to bring in my geraniums tonight since it is supposed to get in the thirties...I am so not ready for cold weather

Wow Aikim I've still got my air conditioner going. It was 90 today!

merrieeee ... the day looked beautiful from the window while I worked. When I left town there was an autumn feel in the atmosphere, and it was bright and warm. Loved it.

The milk chocolate is making me think of Blue Bell Milk Chocolate Ice Cream. ummmmm. Experiencing it in my mind just isn't an acceptable alternative. Must shop tomorrow.

Awwwwwwwww, I think the milk chocolate folks just haven't checked in yet!!!

I was truly surprised to see so many dark chocolate lovers in one place!!

liney23, of course you can call me Salty. I'm used to seeing it spelled Saltie, but everybody calls me that. Someday I'm going to answer the office phone that way.

That cake sounds great! I forgot about Skor bars - they're tasty!

Speaking of tasty, I haven't had dinner yet. I think I should have the stir fry I made before the chocolate!

aikim, we've had lower forties here for a few weeks, then close to ninety during the day. I'm so not ready to give up on summer yet, although only two more haircut appointments for me until the next tour!

Am not a chocoholic by any means. Most of the time, I don't crave it at all. Don't refuse it when offered, but , every year, at Christmas, I get a special box of See's assorted chocolates from a relative in California.

Am almost afraid to open the wrapping. Once it's open, it's hard to resist. It talks to me. You're laughing? No, really, it calls to me in this seductive voice... "you hoo, I'm here...just waiting to be devoured by you..."

Why, yes, it IS kind of sad....coss.... well, it's just not Clay...