#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I think I'm going to download some more clack for my recommendations. I'm waaaaay behind on that one. That darn luckiest is making us all look bad.

Hee, my Classics recommendations are up, finally. I won't tell y'all how many hours I spent on them.....

Dark Chocolate is good for you in small quantities. Someone upthread mentioned Cacao Reserve. Very good. Lovely texture. It even has a good bit of fiber. Have a great Sat.

OMG and it has fibre too?????? Must find me some. TMI?

Tractor.jpg

NOT ME, The tractor!

This CMSU this morning. Can you bring your tractor over to my house? I think I have a 5'x8' patch of weed that needs it's attention. How pathetic is that? BTW your backyard is gorgeous.

All I can say is Maple Creme cookies. OMG. Made myself sick on those things while riding with friends from Toronto to NH in 05.

You mean you can't buy them in the states? Sacriledge! Sacrelidge! Sacrelige! How do you survive? Hee, I am a maple-holic. Probably worse than I am a dark choco-holic. I once made a bunch of random Clay fans traipse all over the Meadville fairgrounds in search of maple ice cream. A certain Clay friend likes to give me maple butter for my birthday. And how the hell do you spell sacrilige?

couchie, :F_05BL17blowkiss: I love this board.

Edited by luckiest1

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Ya done good Girl!

Big kudos to all the mods & admins. Thank you!

:clap:

----

OOoo, did everyone see vzubie's Chautauqua Rehearsal Clack? It was newly uploaded today. It's like watching a home movie or something. Very entertaining!! Not to mention he looks really, really, re.all.y GOOD! Hee, the only part I could make out was around 1:45 of Part 2... he's all "Shut.Up!"... :lol: Go here for both part1 and part2:

http://www3.clackunlimited.com/clack/Conce...utauqua/vzubie/

Oh squuueeeee! I downloaded and watched that right before I went to bed last night.

He's so cute! And tall. And smiley and happy looking.

:wub:

the word "jerk" is about as evil-sounding as pissy-- which is not at all.

But I called my son a jerk once, and he got REAL pissy. Then I acted like a pissy jerk too.

This made me laugh. A lot. :RedGuy:

Back, back all you expensive dark chocolate lover type people! Milk chocolate! Mass market milk chocolate even!

*high five*

Hershey's w/Almonds. It's one of the basic food groups, doncha know?

----

Rats. Sombody has to work today and it's making her all pissy. I hope she doesn't act like a real jerk about it. She's gonna miss the big game and everything. eta....guess not. It's tonight.

Oh well. I still don't wanna go to work today!

AAAhissyfit.gif

Edited by jamar1700

Blue Bell ice cream is from a little creamery in Brenham (lord, I've even memorized all their ads!) It's a local Texas ice cream - and the first "premium" I ever ate. When I was young, ice cream came in those no name square boxes unless your grandmother pulled out the ice cream maker and my grandmother saw no reason to waste electricity when she had dozens of grandchildren laying about - my grandmother's was the best ice cream in the world but the back breaking labor involved was horrible - and then you had to share with those other lazy bastards who only showed up after the work was done! Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla provide the taste and texture of Mama Reedie's ice cream without the work.

Ice wine? Ya know how you make wine out of grapes? Well, ice wine is sorta made out of raisins - those northern places like Canada and Germany and upstate New York allow grapes to sit on the vine and freeze, concentrating the grapey goodness and it makes a wine that is almost like a liquor - extremely sweet, but a good, clean tasting sweet - I love the stuff.

So, do y'all have this mental image of BF ruminating?

Interesting question, Alice. Speaking of word choices, this one intrigued me. To me, ruminate implies thinking about something over and over in a way that is a bit compulsive. That might not at all be what Clay meant, but it did make me wonder about his thinking process.

I probably think of the word that way because that is the connotation in my line of work. He probably just meant thinking a bit. Who knows?

Actually, I surprised no one called him on using the word incorrectly. ???

Percolate would have been a better choice.

He said he let the idea ruminate. Ideas don't ruminate, people do.

Or if he'd said I ruminated on it, that would have been better.

Yes, I do get the urge to get out the red pen and use it on Mr. I Correct People's Grammar.

Why do you ask?

:)

Busy day for me at work, and at home. I had company so am just getting to this.

I posted an admin note in the all about us area of the board. Before you go there to read it, I'm going to talk as a fellow member. Claygasm has been a member of this board since March 2006. I didn't know her before that. She is this boards's 6th most prolific poster which means, that's a lot of history, a lot of funny, smutty, schmoopie, shared history.LOL, she can be damn cranky too but you know what, the first batch overwhelms the second. I met her for the first time last month and spent 4 days with her in close quarters.and she has become one of my favorite people. I didn't really blink at her post. Some who have known her did but you know what, that happens. You know her well enough to be able to say to her on this board or in PM to chill if that's what you think. And she won't go all postal on you. Others may not know her because by the time you joined her life had gone through a lot of changes beginning with a new job that didn't allow her to be active here at all during the day. Two months ago, she could have caught up in 20 minutes. Now, not so much. And so you don't know her. And you also don't know that she is dealing right now with something in her life that is quite painful. She shared that info with us because we were the place she would come to get away from that. And this will continue to be that place for her. I hope she doesn't hate me for getting personal but nothing I said is top secret. It's right there in her history, all 2,375 posts.

Admin note is here.

I'll be in and out tomorrow and Sunday hanging out with friends. Also, my brother in law's father passed away so there will be family things to do.

The best chocolate? Snicker bars!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you for keeping this place like it was when I found it. :clap:

Now would I give up chocolate for Clay?

Only if he comes up to me and says doclay.gif six ways from Sunday.

I don't have much to say this morning, but I'm really tired of being a dog walker. I have never walked a dog in my life. I'm hoping this post will get me fired from that job. So, I better find something to say. I guess all I have to say is that I've been reading here for almost 3 months, and while I don't post much (need to work on that), I am finding it comfortable here. I enjoy hearing different perspectives on just about anything. People and the way they see the world are interesting to me, and I've read so many interesting points of view here. The openness of the discussions and the lack of constant reinforcement of the same ideas is refreshing. So, admins and mods, kudos for creating a place where that can happen.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edit.... Dang (a word I never used before Clay)! I'm still a dog walker :angry: . What does it take? Let's see if I can find something to say for post#51. Will that do it?

Edited by duckyvee

Hee, my Classics recommendations are up, finally. I won't tell y'all how many hours I spent on them.....

You were that kid in school that always raised your hand aren't you. Note to self - start listening to downloaded songs

Speaking of Blue Bell Ice Cream .... check out the flavor of the month

OMFG.. YUMMMMMMMM blackberries...my most favorite thing in the world. How can I get me some of that..do they ship it? I've never heard of blackberry cobbler ice cream MUST HAVE SOME OF THAT. What states do they sell this stuff..I'll have to match that with future Clay concerts.

http://www.bluebell.com/press_southern_blackberry_cobbler.html' target="_blank">

Texas, m'dear, Texas - we know what goes in ice cream in Texas.

Man, I still miss that cantaloupe ice cream they did awhile ago...

I would be done with my selection if I could stop myself from singing along with Clay....it's all his fault!

Another dark chocolate lover here.

Speaking of Blue Bell---Blue Bell vanilla ice cream thoroughly mixed with peanut butter--there's nothing better. ^_^

Re the Jeopardy girl, Cle: I've been trying to think of a Clay-centric female name for the next dog I get (Raleigh? Claytina?, etc.), and I think I'll go with Cle with the little accent over the e. Perfect.

I always thought I belonged on this board.....you know like minds and all but today I feel like an alien. Where did my board go? I think I just don't fit in any more! You see I only like Milk Chocolate and it has to be only Cadbury's imported from England! None of your Hersheys' wannabee or Godiva stuff. Oh no!

Would I give it up for Clay? Duh! I actually stopped eating chocolate one week ago and seeing the pics is driving me crazy!

Does it have to be Cadbury's from England? Cuz Cadbury's in Canada is pretty good stuff too. They have a Caramilk Dark bar now. I have 5 of them in my freezer. I love frozen chocolate bars, and these are ambrosia.

I always giggle when I think about actually having a dinner date with the 'real' Clay (not the one who lives in my fantasies. Yes, there is a difference!). Chocolate, mushrooms, pecans, coffee. Dang. All high on my list of favorite things.

Would I give them up for Clay? Yessirreeee!

DOH! I keep telling myself not to post before coffee. Nevermind.

Edited by cindilu2

This week I bought ice cream for the first time in a long time. I had almost forgotten how good it tastes. Would I give it up for Clay? No. But I do like the guy and his music. lol.

Edited by ivy

Now girl, I KNOW you. You'd be throwing his skinny ass DOWN, be all up on him screaming Yeah! Yeah! - and then you'd eat the chocolate. Don't be acting like you'd sacrifice, or anything crazy like that.

Now girl, I KNOW you. You'd be throwing his skinny ass DOWN, be all up on him screaming Yeah! Yeah! - and then you'd eat the chocolate. Don't be acting like you'd sacrifice, or anything crazy like that.

:cryingwlaughter: Shoot. I've been outed.............. :XmasRed:

OOoo, did everyone see vzubie's Chautauqua Rehearsal Clack? It was newly uploaded today. It's like watching a home movie or something. Very entertaining!! Not to mention he looks really, really, re.all.y GOOD! Hee, the only part I could make out was around 1:45 of Part 2... he's all "Shut.Up!"... :lol: Go here for both part1 and part2:

Thanks for the link - how fun was that? Clay is totally adorable, of course. It's interesting to see him in a somewhat more natural context. He looks as if he's enjoying himself, and I love to see that. And Jesse - great t-shirt!

GoodNESS! It wasn't easy to get away from those dogs.

Edited by duckyvee

Whooooooo....holy crap! I think I' caught up, but by the time I post this there will be six more pages, I'm sure.

First off, :F_05BL17blowkiss: Couchie, thanks for this

So I decided against making a new thread.
When the idea first came up I really didn't like the thought of another "Rant,rave & vent"-type thread (like on some other boards in the past), but being new I knew I had no right to offer an opinion on the subject. I love this board the way it is and it's the first board I've really felt like I belonged to in a long, long time.

I do have a long and tight history with several of the other newbies here and I never thought about the fact that sometimes our inside conversations were being exclusionary to the established posters already here. I'll try to rein that in.

Ah, but what if he came home unexpectedly, and you'd just eaten chocolate? He would be able to smell it, and might get mad and spank you. Hmmmm, come to think of it, that might not be so bad ....

I was getting ready to say "No! I'd never give up chocolate for anyone, even Clay" but then Gibby posted this possibility and I'm changing my mind. It would probably be worth it. :Thud:

After today, I think I have to ask, so how are those diets (to lose weight before the m&g in Dec.) going?

Now, that was just plain mean. Like chocolatus interruptus.

YSRN said

I'm downloading now. Thanks for the heads up! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Of course, by the time I'm finished figuring out all my quote boxes and shstuff it'll be done. I hope.

Hell, yes...why yes my dear. When the eHP hits the road, hotels, car rental company and restaurants quiver in fear and anticipation. We set bad examples for any children in the vicinity and the word "moderation" is temporarily removed from our vocabulary.

'Clay' and 'moderation' just don't belong in the same sentence. I wish I could restrain myself and go to one show per tour. It sure would make DH a happy man, but when I think Clay, my immediate reaction is "Gimme more! Gimme more!".

ETA: on re-reading, I realize that's a lie. When I think Clay my immediate reaction is "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" Followed by "Gimmee more!"

Actually, I surprised no one called him on using the word incorrectly. ???

Percolate would have been a better choice.

He said he let the idea ruminate. Ideas don't ruminate, people do.

Or if he'd said I ruminated on it, that would have been better.

Yes, I do get the urge to get out the red pen and use it on Mr. I Correct People's Grammar.

Why do you ask?

:)

I do, too, and noticed the misuse of the word. To ruminate is to engage in contemplation. The way he said it sounded to me like he had let it simmer on the backburner for awhile. But I knew what he meant. And since it's Clay, he can assign any new meaning to any word he wants and I'd embrace it. :)

Edit.... Dang (a word I never used before Clay)! I'm still a dog walker :angry: . What does it take? Let's see if I can find something to say for post#51. Will that do it?

One more, ducky, just one more! C'mon, you can do it! I know you can!

ETA: ah shit, see how long it took me? ducky is now a posthoochie with 52 posts.

Now I'm going to hit 'submit' and see how badly I screwed up the quote boxes. I've probably assigned all sorts of comments to people that didn't make them.

Edited by Bookwhore

I always thought I belonged on this board.....you know like minds and all but today I feel like an alien. Where did my board go? I think I just don't fit in any more! You see I only like Milk Chocolate and it has to be only Cadbury's imported from England! None of your Hersheys' wannabee or Godiva stuff. Oh no!

Would I give it up for Clay? Duh! I actually stopped eating chocolate one week ago and seeing the pics is driving me crazy!

Does it have to be Cadbury's from England? Cuz Cadbury's in Canada is pretty good stuff too. They have a Caramilk Dark bar now. I have 5 of them in my freezer. I love frozen chocolate bars, and these are ambrosia.

Only if it's not made by Hersheys! That stuff is fake I tell you!

I have a confession to make I do not like ice cream! Or at least it doesn't like me. Everytime I eat something ice cold I get sick! Now don't ask me why. Maybe because growing up nothing I had was ice cold.

Talking of ice cold! I just got back from a 2 1/2 mile walk. It is probably 70 degrees already and the humidity is a killer. I listened to Clay singing Emmanuel and DSIAFCD and you know what it made it didn't make it seem any cooler at all. No the sweat is still pouring off me. I forgot how much I like to walk listening to Clay on my iPod. I feel as if I could walk for miles just listening to him. Is that a guilty pleasure?

I loved the rehearsal clack. He just looks so manly there and sooo tall!

Edited by merrieeee

It just hit me... did I read it was 10 below zero in minneapolis last year. Does this mean I need more than my Clay Aiken hoodie for the evening? :cryingwlaughter: I don't even own a coat.

Hee! :D When I traveled to NYC for the first Joyful Noise tour I bought a coat at a resale shop. (Wasn't about to add a brand new coat to my other travel expenses!) And I've worn it one time since then. Believe it or not, we had snow in Houston on Christmas Eve in 2005. Of course it was gone by 10:00 the next morning, but it was great fun while it lasted.

Blue Bell ice cream is from a little creamery in Brenham (lord, I've even memorized all their ads!) It's a local Texas ice cream - and the first "premium" I ever ate. When I was young, ice cream came in those no name square boxes unless your grandmother pulled out the ice cream maker and my grandmother saw no reason to waste electricity when she had dozens of grandchildren laying about - my grandmother's was the best ice cream in the world but the back breaking labor involved was horrible - and then you had to share with those other lazy bastards who only showed up after the work was done! Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla provide the taste and texture of Mama Reedie's ice cream without the work.

And their Mint Chocolate Chip is to die for! I know, the two main ingredients would put boyfriend in the hospital. :scream: But it is soooo good!

I am not a big fan of ice cream or other frozen stuff, either. I don't do cold well. So why do I live in Canada, you ask? Search me.

You were that kid in school that always raised your hand aren't you.

BWAH. You pegged me. I believe the derogatory term that used to be thrown at me was "browner". Can I help it if I like listening to Clay over and over and over and over and over instead of working (and even though he didn't sing lead on some of my songs, I still managed to find clips with him in them)? Can I help it if I am a tad obsessive? I think not. :cryingwlaughter:

OK I just came back from Starbuck's where I felt the need to purchase some expensive Godiva 72% cocoa dark chocolate. Why do you think that is?

Edited by luckiest1

It just hit me... did I read it was 10 below zero in minneapolis last year. Does this mean I need more than my Clay Aiken hoodie for the evening? :cryingwlaughter: I don't even own a coat.

Hee. I have two words for you....Cuddle Duds. When JaMar and I went to Chicago for the JNT 05 it was 6 degrees - and we were in the Windy City. It was so miserably cold, bone chilling, damp, windy cold. But I'd never been to Chicago before and there was no way I was going to stay in the hotel. And since we had no means of transportation we had to walk everywhere. So we walked to Marshal Fields and bought cuddle duds. Nice and toasty and warm. Chicago turned out to be one of my absolute favorite Claytrips of all time!

Milk chocolate is the only way to go. That dark stuff is not even palatable to me.

I am a newbie...big time newbie...I came from Clayversity but I can guarantee you, very few people from there know much about me. I have a bit of a connection with a couple of ladies because they are from Nebraska, not because we are posting buddies from CV. I've never met either of them in real life and our board conversations consist of a few yeah that posts and some PM's.

I come to this fandom from a really different point of view, I think. I have not developed deep abiding friendships with other posters. The one time I allowed that to happen, I was kicked and spit on. I decided after that that my fandom would take a different route. I keep up on all things Clay but I remove myself from a lot of the tension and angst because, to me, it is all stupid. I did enter into the fray at OFC because, as dumb as I can be sometimes, I thought logic would prevail! Bwahaha...what a huge jump for me to make! Silly rabbit. I don't plan road trips or concert trips with other fans...most times I go by myself, which is fine. I did meet some "board friends" at Cary this year...I'm not sure we will meet again...it was fun but they live clear across the country. It isn't really conducive to BFF territory, ya know?

I dunno...I guess part of it is I think the OTT stuff embarrasses me and I don't want to be connected with it in any way. I can't, for the life of me, afford to spend the kind of money some of the OTT people spend...it has to be a shitload!!! If I get to go to one concert, I'm happy...but...that's just me. Those who can afford to go to more and want to go...more power to them.

I am pretty much a loner by choice, I think. I'm not a squeeing, double back hand flip kind of girl. I love Clay to death but I don't have every picture or every piece of clack. I don't care if he decides to tour with Kim, Ruben or Pink....I'd go. I don't care if he decides to do a country cd or a Christian cd...I'd buy both and love them. If I can get to a concert, great, if I can't, I'll have to live vicariously through those who can.

I kind of envy those of you who are so close but, yet, I am so very happy to be just me.

OMFG.. YUMMMMMMMM blackberries...my most favorite thing in the world. How can I get me some of that..do they ship it? I've never heard of blackberry cobbler ice cream MUST HAVE SOME OF THAT. What states do they sell this stuff..I'll have to match that with future Clay concerts.

Blackberry cobbler sounds wonderful but I thought all of the contented cows were from California.

I'm sure they make it sugar free couchie!

Bookwhore..I hope you and others don't stop having your insider conversations because it's the avenue that allows us to learn about everyone. It's enjoyable to hear conversations among friends.

Edited by Toots

ETA. That's just the driveway! Yeah, I know who has grass growing in their driveway? I actually have 3 acres, but I only mow once a year on most of it. I keep about an acre in rough lawn. And since you asked, I'll brag. Here's the "back" yard in spring.

th_June06BackPath2.jpg

I had to make it clickable 'cause it's huge. I mow paths through so Lily and I can take walks and you can see the roof of my house with that ugly chimney sticking up.

lilyshine... I love your back yard! Wanta roomie???? :em0100:

I live in an apartment with a balcony with plants on it. I feel back yard deprived! boohoo!

I just finished looking at the entire selection of emoticons for the first time... you guys are serious drinkers, aren't you? LOL And, so many angel ones... trying to offset the drinking????

Here's one that made me laugh... :dancemexicannana:

Couchie... loved your admin note. Thanks! I love it here and plan on sticking till I'm an oldie... on the thread... I'm already an oldie in RL... :cryingwlaughter:

Also, I live in SoCal and don't have a winter coat... So, I borrow my daughter's ski jacket when I go back there. All 3 of my children ski, so I'm set. I always got a kick out of living in SoCal, 2 hours from skiing! You can just go visit the snow and then leave! Works!!!

I do have a long and tight history with several of the other newbies here and I never thought about the fact that sometimes our inside conversations were being exclusionary to the established posters already here. I'll try to rein that in.

Oh, don't try to reign it in - us oldies will just butt into y'all's conversations!

looks at jumpingjacks with interest...

I am so very happy to be just me

Too late - you are clearly one of us now. heh.

merrieeee actually does eat some junk - I swear I've seen her.

Wroking my way through 63 versions of EIH (And yes, I have to watch the videos too). I swear I wanna thump shriekers!