#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Hey, as long as you're not the red-headed stepchild in the loud sweater and the Payless shoes...

:allgood:

Hey, what were you doing in my closet? :angry:

ETA: Couchie, if you have row G center seats for Omaha, and we have row H center seats for Omaha, you know what that means??!!!!!! I'll be right behind you!!

You don't have big hair, do you?

Edited by Bookwhore

The mark looks like / or\ it is called either an acute or grave accent. If the mark is forward spacing (/) then it is acute.

Now explain how I remembered that from from 1964?

Oh goody I love to edit. I have a friend whose daughter is named Seychelle (after the islands) and a son named Sorrel (after the plant).

Edited by merrieeee

Couchie

So there are issues on both sides. So we'll create a thread where this can all be discussed

Sounds like a plan.

I want to share a few thoughts, but will also do so in the the thread you will be creating.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, there are people here who have history together from previous boards. And, because of that inside jokes and knowledge of personal backgrounds are known. That is just the way it is at this moment.

But this is FCA... and I think it will be fun and worthwhile for all of us to get acquainted. But it will take time and a willingness to do so. Nothing like expanding thoughts and ideas. Coming from a board that I have a lot of history with it can be a good experience meeting new folks and getting different perspectives. I am finding that here at FCA.

I don't have any history here except with one person. So, I am as brand new as a newborn's little bottom..LOL

Thank you all for your input on this subject. It helps to know how people feel.

Hey, as long as you're not the red-headed stepchild in the loud sweater and the Payless shoes...

:allgood:

Hey, I'm pretty dang fond of that "red-headed stepchild"!! :DoClay:

MUSKI- I read several of your stories over on CV-seems like YEARS ago- are they posted anywhere else? CV freezes up my computer if I try to log in to it now. It's been doing it for a couple months. Thought I might like a little refresher course in some good smut! :XmasRed:

(((lovethatguy)))

(((wandacleo)))

(((bottlecap)))

You've all said it for me- just thought I'd pass out some hugs!

Cleaned my toilets and ate some good dark chocolate. I feel much better now...

Ewwwww...that's just nasty. You didn't mean that the way it sounded, did you?

I cleaned my toilets first, washed my fingers then ate some good dark chocolate. Better?

The mark looks like / or\ it is called either an acute or grave accent. If the mark is forward spacing (/) then it is acute.

Now explain how I remembered that from from 1964?

Oh goody I love to edit. I have a friend whose daughter is named Seychelle (after the islands) and a son named Sorrel (after the plant).

Thanks for the explanation...the mark was an acute accent.

Kim

Edited by aikim

New Ph.D. student classmate of mine is named Maryclai (Mary Clay is how it's pronounced)....just a random factoid.

I'll admit to feeling like a bit of an outsider last evening, but then again, I'm an only child/only grandchild, so I'm used to being the "cheese stands alone" gal, lol. I was aware of it, but not all that distressed by it. So just to throw my opinion into the ring, the "adjustment period" to a new board/group is interesting. I realized after I joined that I haven't had to "meet new people" in this fandom (en masse, anyway) since joining my very first message board in 2003. Eeep. That be a long time. It's unsettling and exciting at the same time. And for the record, I didn't think things were at all "bad" last night. I thought the whole thing was handled in a respectful way.

Thinking it over and I just do not need protection, or wagons, or badges, definitely no stinkin' badges. But pins? Yeah yeah yeah! PINS ARE WHAT I NEED!

I think FCA had the coolest pins and t-shirts for the DCAT!!! Will there be a Christmas Pin? Now, I'm not looking for a Christmas in the Heartland pin.... maybe more of a Snowballs in the Hardland kind of thing ......??

Thinking it over and I just do not need protection, or wagons, or badges, definitely no stinkin' badges. But pins? Yeah yeah yeah! PINS ARE WHAT I NEED!

I think FCA had the coolest pins and t-shirts for the DCAT!!! Will there be a Christmas Pin? Now, I'm not looking for a Christmas in the Heartland pin.... maybe more of a Snowballs in the Hardland kind of thing ......??

funny you should ask...heh

you know that cute little I wanna do clay emoticon with the red tomato and the little xmas hat? Cindilu is working on something heeee.. no it won't say I wanna do Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, my office is my home again today....and Shadow has to listen to whatever I decided to play. :medium-smiley-070: Of course, since my head is pounding and begging to be shot off, I'm not sure how loudly I'll be letting Clay sing to meeeeeeeeeeeee as I try to continue to 'work from home'

Hey! Wait a minute!

WORK FROM HOME?

"Working From Home" on CV

eta: OMG! I was watching a video on reality remix and the host said to one guy that his wife was so beautiful he must be packing an umbella - unbeleivable. OKay...help me out here. God knows I'm not naive but.....Huh?

Muski... it's gonna take me a while to recover from that quicky... woman, that was GREAT!!!

Also, I think the umbrella remark meant a really long certain sumpin... at least that's the only thing I can come up with... hee hee.

ETA: I have tried 3 times to get these quotes right... sorry! Somebody wanna give a class in multiple quotes???

gareem, lovethatguy and I got Row A tickets for South Bend!

Canuck... Congratulations... that is soooo kewl!!!

What can I say, the eHP has their own definition of "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"!

Thread title.... off to try and figure out how to nominate...

I just made bodyguard, so am a newbie, too. I was on pins and needles after CG's post and tho there was some uncomfortableness, I think mostly it went OK. I was thinking about it. Almost all the newbies are refugees from boards where that post would have started a war. I am a bit gun-shy and am just so happy that everyone was giving their opinions without trying to prove to everyone that they were the right ones and the rest of us were the wrong ones. Whew!!! Congratulations to us all!!! :clap: I read some very interesting and thought provoking posts without feeling threatened at all... YEAH!!!

If we ALL determine that this board will be comfortable and inclusive for all.... it will be. Plain and simple. And fun and smutty... YUM!!!

This is one HAPPY member of FCA who will be very careful posting cause I don't want Couchie and Ansa and the "not-mods" to have to work any harder than they ever have... in other words, hardly at all. I want them to be able to just be posters like us all, cause I appreciate this place just so very much!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: aww thanks for the thought...fixed your quotes...ansa

Thanks, ansa... I studied what you did and I think I've got it now! Whew!

Edited by liney23

cle (with an accent) means "key" in French. Hmmm.. Unusual name.

Actually, I think 'key' is 'clef' in French, but it is pronounced 'cleh'. (And now that I've looked- it seems either way is correct)

Christman pins? Hmmmmm... :RedGuy:

Odd names? My best friends named their first daughter Laiken, which is quite pretty. Second daughter - her name is Ocean (I kid you not). Also a pretty, unusual name. But when you say them together...

Fortunately, they are both drop-dead gorgeous girls so I'm sure life will be kind to them in many other ways.

Snowballs in the Hardland? Please noooooooooooo

Edited by cindilu2

Posthoing to say, I did it... I found the right thread and nominated a title....

I'm starting to get the same kinda complex you guys that keep getting at the top of the page only I keep getting the bottom of the page. Am I the pits???? :cryingwlaughter:

Just for that...

050901_AtlanticCity_CHFIL_Scarle-1.jpg

And, this one can never be seen too often, IMO! :Thud:

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Back to work... sorta

"Snowballs in the Hardland". Sounds like a worthy sequel to a "Soft Rock in a Hard Place". Clay does seem to like double entendres, at least, he makes a pause to acknowledge that maybe he walked into one.

I'm movin' on , too...cuz as I sit here, my eyes crossing over a spreadsheet the size of Texas and my head still aching and ....

All Is Well just 'happened' on my shuffle of iTunes songs....and tears are running down my face, damn it...my nose is already all stuffed up and my sinuses already sore and my eyes already red and....

I'm going to play that song again....

Later, all... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

"All is Well" has been in my car CD deck since it came out. I find it incredibly soothing. I don't care if it's 95 degrees in the shade.

Newbie here as this is, I believe, my fourth post. Before I signed up for this board, I sped read through about the past 100 pages or so. What I did like was that I didn't agree with everything and some things I didn't agree with I had never thought of from the poster's perspective. I like having my thinking challenged. I compare this feeling to taking a course in college where you already know the subject matter and you keep thinking, what am I doing here because I'm not learning anything. I haven't found anything here offensive or mean-spirited, just thought-provoking (and sometimes, the thought provoked is that someone needs to vent). I consider posts to be much like the old analogy of buses, men, or Clay's hair (insert whichever one fits) that if you don't like one, you may like the next one that comes along.

I often been intrigued by Clay's fanbase and why they are who they are. For instance, the responders in the recent concert survey at the OFC, were very interesting. My estimate is that Clay's fanbase is probably about two-thirds over the age of 40 and about 95% female. Why is this? And why are his fans so protective of him? Is it because they are older and female and are used to being big sisters, mommies, aunts, etc.? Why aren't many willing to let him fight his own battles? Not many seem to be paying attention to one of Clay's more recent blogs where the message was just because they say it's true, doesn't make it so and to let "them" call him what they want, he can take it. I tend to view that as a gentle nudge from a boss who's a hands-off manager.

I'm still in the fandom because Clay is one of the few great voices I've heard in a long, long time. My formative years were the 60s and early 70s when it was the normal course that someone who sang had a good voice. What on earth happened? I listened to Kanye on some late night show last night and he's just not my thing, so when Clay appeared on the scene, he was someone I wanted to support because, finally, there was someone I enjoyed hearing (and as it has turned out, I enjoy hearing him independent of whatever genre he is singing).

If no one is interested in talking about this, can anyone recommend some "good, dark, chocolate"?

Hershey's. You can never go wrong with Hershey's.

Thank you for pointing out the relationship between the toilet and dark chocolate!!! Scarlett would have been proud of me for squicking people out, myself included.

Good old Tee Hee there.

"Snowballs in the Hardland". Sounds like a worthy sequel to a "Soft Rock in a Hard Place". Clay does seem to like double entendres, at least, he makes a pause to acknowledge that maybe he walked into one.

I'm movin' on , too...cuz as I sit here, my eyes crossing over a spreadsheet the size of Texas and my head still aching and ....

All Is Well just 'happened' on my shuffle of iTunes songs....and tears are running down my face, damn it...my nose is already all stuffed up and my sinuses already sore and my eyes already red and....

I'm going to play that song again....

Later, all... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

"All is Well" has been in my car CD deck since it came out. I find it incredibly soothing. I don't care if it's 95 degrees in the shade.

Newbie here as this is, I believe, my fourth post. Before I signed up for this board, I sped read through about the past 100 pages or so. What I did like was that I didn't agree with everything and some things I didn't agree with I had never thought of from the poster's perspective. I like having my thinking challenged. I compare this feeling to taking a course in college where you already know the subject matter and you keep thinking, what am I doing here because I'm not learning anything. I haven't found anything here offensive or mean-spirited, just thought-provoking (and sometimes, the thought provoked is that someone needs to vent). I consider posts to be much like the old analogy of buses, men, or Clay's hair (insert whichever one fits) that if you don't like one, you may like the next one that comes along.

I often been intrigued by Clay's fanbase and why they are who they are. For instance, the responders in the recent concert survey at the OFC, were very interesting. My estimate is that Clay's fanbase is probably about two-thirds over the age of 40 and about 95% female. Why is this? And why are his fans so protective of him? Is it because they are older and female and are used to being big sisters, mommies, aunts, etc.? Why aren't many willing to let him fight his own battles? Not many seem to be paying attention to one of Clay's more recent blogs where the message was just because they say it's true, doesn't make it so and to let "them" call him what they want, he can take it. I tend to view that as a gentle nudge from a boss who's a hands-off manager.

I'm still in the fandom because Clay is one of the few great voices I've heard in a long, long time. My formative years were the 60s and early 70s when it was the normal course that someone who sang had a good voice. What on earth happened? I listened to Kanye on some late night show last night and he's just not my thing, so when Clay appeared on the scene, he was someone I wanted to support because, finally, there was someone I enjoyed hearing (and as it has turned out, I enjoy hearing him independent of whatever genre he is singing).

If no one is interested in talking about this, can anyone recommend some "good, dark, chocolate"?

"Denman Island Chocolate" but you have to come to Vancouver and take a ferry or two to get to it! :g

I'm still in the fandom and can see no way that I'll be leaving any time soon because my addiction to him grows stronger every year. I don't want to "mommy" or "protect" him because he's got a mommy and I think he's perfectly capable of defending and protecting himself, however he decides to approach things.

I DO want to hear that voice and laugh myself silly. I want to watch as his star grows brighter, as I just know it will, and to feel like I was there from the beginning. I feel proud of him and I just can't get enough of the whole package. His sense of humour matches my own - I'm sarcastic and seldom serious and anyone who makes me laugh has me. My heart swells for him and he turns me on, big time!

I realized how bad I had it when I heard the announcer on our local station, off the cuff, mention that Clay Aiken was going to be appearing at the David Foster Gala. There was no way in hell I wasn't going to be there. Clay freaking Aiken was not appearing 3 miles from my house while I sat at home. The stars must have been aligned as I was able to be there. :)

Snowballs in the Hardland ......??

I think we've found a good name for the coming tour...

Did you say the Coming tour???

heh

Heh heh.....it wasn't too subtle, was it?

When my husbands wants sexual favors he buys me Paul Newman's dark chocolate. I really, really likes it. The chocolate, that is.

canuck2010, you are so lucky to have attended the David Foster gala. It's one of my biggest regrets that I didn't. Of course, I was lucky enough to attend the Raleigh gala this spring, so I have nothing to complain about! Because that was also a special evening.

I am about 3/4 of the way through my Classics recommendations (I am doing LAV, OIDA, Sexyback and Achy Breaky Heart) and it is so cool to listen to them sequentially.....from Frisco through to Orlando.....and hear how things gradually change. And also to hear some performances where something funny happens. It's so hard to keep a straight face when I'm listening in mixed company (like this evening when I was sitting at a Starbuck's in a Chapters/Indigo store with my iPod on, drinking a chai latte). People look at you weird when you burst out laughing! WTF is their problem? :cryingwlaughter:

Any dark chocolate is good dark chocolate, in my books.