#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

And you made me think of my Mom who gave my niece an ice cream cone for breakfast one day... Mom's logic was that ice cream is dairy and the cone is made of the same stuff as cereal so it wasn't any different than having a bowl of cereal! I thought my sister was gonna have a cow!

And that's what Grandmothers are for! :cryingwlaughter:

What awesome logic!!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

I'll let you know how it turns out... and yeah, I never even looked at the clock but it's after 11 here now so it probably was after ten....

And you made me think of my Mom who gave my niece an ice cream cone for breakfast one day... Mom's logic was that ice cream is dairy and the cone is made of the same stuff as cereal so it wasn't any different than having a bowl of cereal! I thought my sister was gonna have a cow!

And that's what Grandmothers are for! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm a great justifier!!!

Maybe those folks whose motto is to eat dessert first since life is short are really on to something!!

Hope the lite version is good. It's seriously something I'd like to try! Mother is recovering from knee replacement surgery right now and sis and I are providing the care. She's not wanting to eat much but loves jello salads and cherry, so... Sounds like this might be a match made in heaven!

Good night, FCA!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now my gut feel is to be like you. I do tend to give Clay the benefit of the doubt here. But to be fair I have to say that it is possible that Clay is in the wrong. We just don;t know at this point. To me...the situation is not dire enough to make me angry with Clay or disappointed even cos I do not expect him to be perfect. I also do not feel its enough to crucify Kim either. I still choose to believe this is all just some misunderstanding and miscommunication and a situation that became bad because of fans over reaction.

Hmmm, I fail to see how Clay could be in the wrong here. Spilling to the press about something that has no basis other than Kim's desire to inject excitement in her career is acceptable??

Kim jumped the gun she has no business jumping in. She has been in the business long enough to know that even in friendship, contracts such as touring with someone will need to be threshed out. OR maybe she does not know?? Of this I am skeptical.

She hasn't heard yay or nay firmly, so why would she announced a tour with a title, with so much details thus making it sound that it is a done deal. This is what riled up ClayNation.

And for this Clay is the jerk. I am not buying this. and Kim is the slighted one?? Incomprehensible to me.

I truly do not understand CG's statement. I guess this offended me. I do not think Clay is perfect, but I do not believe he would deliberately behave in a manner that is hurtful to anyone. I think the friendship between the two of them has cooled off considerably when they split. Clay has not mentioned Kim as being in his speed dial. He mentions Ruben and Kelly.

I see Clay as someone who values friendship very much, he has tons of friends but if they have done him wrong, I believe he is one who will not give that someone a second thought. He attends his friend's concerts, he went to Ruben's to Kelly's and to Kim's. I can't recall Kim or Ruben being in Clay's concert. He went to Diana DeGarmo's Hair Spray, Fantasia's TCP. He is very supportive of his friend that it is very annoying sometimes.

I am absolutely baffled.

Just got back from my mothers and my frickin' cat is nipping at my calf for NO GOOD REASON...

I am still of the opinion that "ClayNation" riled it's ownself up. This whole brouhaha was a small blurb given excess importance by impatient people.

I am also of the opinion that Clay, Kim and Ruben are all a long way from being perfect.

I am also of the opinion that none of the fans really know the real people Clay, Kim or Ruben behind the public personas they present to the world. Clay's friends in general don't talk about Clay. And I sincerely doubt that a lot of Clay fans know what support Clay's friends provide him and in what ways. I also sincerely doubt that Clay has these huge numbers of one-sided friendships and he doesn't get anything out of them.

I feel I am given everybody involved the benefit of the doubt because it may be a tiny covering of the ass but Kim did use (barely) enough modifiers to indicate it wasn't a totally done deal. Clay's "pissiness" on the second blog could have been directed at anyone, as nuances and tone is really hard to convey very successfully on a blog. We have discovered that repeatedly on the message boards.

Clay doesn't strike me as the greatest communicator - considering the fairly constant begging for any information from him.

And if Clay can be hurt and annoyed by some of the stuff his fans were flinging his way, I'm sure Kim can be hurt and annoyed at the same stuff.

Kim does have a music career. A relatively successful one. No, I don't think she's on the level of Clay. But hell, Clay isn't on the same level as a number of people.

"Jerk" doesn't even make my top ten of non cursing bad things to call people, and in general, I find it no worse that calling someone "pissy".

I am tired of this latest burble in the Clay Nation. No one is going to change anyone's mind.

Very interesting discussion the past several pages. Here's my take:

I don't know enough about it to really make an informed opinion. At least, I don't know enough to get all hot and bothered over it. I consider it interesting, but eventually it will be a footnote in the history of Clay and his fandom.

Now I'm ready for some smut. Or pictures.

One of my absolute favorites. Look at that torso

bilde.jpg

An oldie but goodie

ClayMInn.jpg

Caption this

SanJoseWMS.jpg

The first time Clay ever talked to me

ClayTalkingToMe.jpg

I got nothin' cuz I couldn't care less about whatever Kim and Clay have between them or what Kim did or what Clay thinks about it or any of it. It's simply between them for me. I can't care about it.

But I do care about my twin, Claygasm. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And I do care how the ClayNation gets it's knickers in a twist over the smallest thing. God, are we that bored? Don't we have like a billion pieces of clack to analyze. Is Scarlett doing all that rendering for nothin'?

What works for me on a message board is assuming the best from my fellow posters and allowing them space to express themselves... Didn't I say that earlier somewhere? Heh!

Great... on preview, I'll just say "yeah that" to KAndre and go find something besides jello or uni (omg! more puke - hee!) to eat. Cherry something or other sounds good.

Caption this
... hey, I took that picture. In San Jose. Or was it Sacramento? Hee. Oh, look at your filename... it was San Jose. That picture CMSU!!

A bunch of whiny people elsewhere are saying "Thank you, Clay" instead of "I'm sorry" because he went and posted strongly about an issue and they take it as validation for the childish things they do. They're delusional. He didn't say "I'm with you guys. Pile it on." He didn't. For some reason, though, they must have sneaked some KoolAid into the jello because suddenly, "Clay's not always right". Yes, that's true and sometimes he's downright stubborn and foolish. But in this case, what was his fault? *still mystified*

ETA: Laughs along with canuck2010! I give up. Going off to render now...

Edited by Scarlett

I don't see that I'm finding fault with Clay - because I'm still of the opinion that the blurb was not a big deal. And I was one of those who assumed Clay's first blog reflected that. Clay's second blog did come across as being a bit pissy (directed at who/m, I don't know). But being pissy (even if you have a good reason) is normally not considered good/mature/nice behavior. KLo's blog came across as being extremely pissy. See previous sentence. As I said, I see myself as giving them both the benefit of the doubt (mainly because push comes to shove, I don't care). It's not a burnt puppy for me.

What works for me on a message board is assuming the best from my fellow posters and allowing them space to express themselves... Didn't I say that earlier somewhere? Heh!

I agree. Assume first of all that we're all Clay fans here even if the opinion expressed is incomprehensible to you. As people get to know each other I think the acceptance of that commonality will help you understand where they are coming from even if you disagree.

Over the past two weeks we're kinda dealing with things we've never had to before. We're moving at quadruple speed. Over the past six months we had kinda settled into a one thread per month deal. Last thread took a week and this one is on pace to do the same. Believe it or not, that's a huge change. And I think if Claygasm had posted the same thing two months ago there wouldn't have been a blip cuz we all know her.

So mods, be prepared, we're actually going to have to figure some things out. And once we talk, we'll invite opinions from everyone. I foresee no drastic change. We just want to make sure we integrate the old with the new in a smooth way. I think for the most part it's been successful. Can't hurt to at least talk about it eh?

KAndre, you rawk!

Speaking of chat -- eek I'll post the information on the chat tonight ... hopefully it won't be another 3 am type night for me.

Puddins thanks for the ticket info..guess I'll have to get to work on time to buy my ticket..10 central is 8 pacific right?

Laughn - Thank hon...just cuz

Scarlett: I see a discussion going on not a bunch of people finding fault with Clay. I think the general consensus today has been this is a blip to me and I know nothing and the sincere desire that this dies a quick and painless death. . And a stronger criticism or two doesn't negate that.

Oh and are you sure you weren't at the Sacramento IT and have some clack stashed away somewhere you're still waiting to render? :cryingwlaughter:

A bunch of whiny people elsewhere are saying "Thank you, Clay" instead of "I'm sorry" because he went and posted strongly about an issue and they take it as validation for the childish things they do. They're delusional. He didn't say "I'm with you guys. Pile it on." He didn't. For some reason, though, they must have sneaked some KoolAid into the jello because suddenly, "Clay's not always right". Yes, that's true and sometimes he's downright stubborn and foolish. But in this case, what was his fault? *still mystified*

ETA: Laughs along with canuck2010! I give up. Going off to render now...

My personal stance here is...IF indeed they talked about this and Kim was expecting some answers from Clay I do believe he should' have returned her call. Not giving her a straight answer I believe is rude ...BUT that is if he didn't have a reasonable explanation. As others have pointed out...its possible she was exaggerating and she got an answer from his management but not from clay directly. Its possible he simply didn't have the time or they keep missing each other. I don;t know what happened so I don;t want to make any conclusion as to who is at fault about the lack of prior communication. It could very well have been Clay trying to avoid the issue. Just because we know he tends to do that does not excuse him from leaving Kim and her management dangling on this issue...IF that is what happened. I do give Clay the benefit of the doubt but I also have to give that to Kim cos we just don't know enough.

With regards to the blog. I did get a pissy tone from him. I already said I think this is due to him being bombarded by all those negative comment. BUT it did leave Kim open for censure from his fans. I don't know whether Clay contacted Kim before hand...i don't know if he actually read Kim's statements before he answered...but to me it seemed done in haste and could've been stated in a much more diplomatic manner. But again...I give Clay a pass because of the highly emotional reaction that he had to deal with.

As far as I know...one person stated her disappointment in Clay in stronger terms than I would use. She does not speak for the board...she only speaks for herself. There is no collective we in FCA...finally ...I do see a big difference in keeping an open mind about what happened and acknowledging that clay may have some responsibility in the matter or may have acted in a negative way...and saying it was all his fault or that he is a bad person or bashing him or telling him what to do...or that he should change or what not.

ETA: I Knew it! By the time I put this together, let it sit and then posted, I see Couchie's already said what I wanted to...in a more succinct manner. You all have my permission to skip past all the words below and go straight to the pictures. heh

"Jerk" doesn't even make my top ten of non cursing bad things to call people, and in general, I find it no worse that calling someone "pissy".

I am tired of this latest burble in the Clay Nation. No one is going to change anyone's mind.

Yes, KAndre...let it be said. And it was so.

I'm a bit flummoxed here (that word has always CMSU, by the way). Honestly. And I'm going to write this and then let it sit before I hit 'submit' to make sure I really want to post it. Which is NOT what I think Kim did. Or Clay did. And should have, IMO. But that's done.

We all love Clay Aiken. Even when he's not that paragon of virtue some would have him be every freaking minute of every freaking day. If we didn't love him, we wouldn't be here---anywhere 'here', I mean, not just FCA. That love makes us not the most objective of 'judges' about anything Clay Aiken, so some people's judgment might be clouded by a WISH for him to ALWAYS be good or disappointment that he isn't or resentment that he can't be or... Here's my hypothetical analogy.

Hey, I love my kids and I KNOW that the younger one can be a manipulative little shit and and my older one is moody and rather vain, but that doesn't mean I'd happily accept hearing those judgments about them from someone else, you know? And when I use words like "manipulative little shit" about my daughter, I have a context. I know exactly why I'm choosing that phrase. No, I'm not saying she's insidious or spitefully designing or a scheming liar. I'm saying she'll try to get away with something if she can and doesn't seem to worry too much about whether or not she'll have to answer to being 'found out'.

So please don't hear me using those words, get shocked and then start telling me I've wronged her and how could I?! because she's just a sweet child and I'm her mother and how could I? I can because I KNOW her and I KNOW what I mean and KNOW I love her and...

I KNOW that the people who know me KNOW what I mean.

And therein lies the rub. Let's say I'm on a walk with Couchie and we're chatting about my daughter and I'm all perturbed because she's ONCE AGAIN called her father to get his permission to do something right after hanging up the phone with me and hearing "no, not today" as MY answer and I just happen to be saying "she can be such a manipulative little shit" as we pass a stranger. I can imagine that person might say later over a latte at Starbucks, "OMG! Can you believe this? I heard some big-assed woman calling her daughter a manipulative little shit today! Can you imagine? What a bitch." etc.

Meanwhile, Couchie and I kept on walking and started laughing because right after I said those words, I probably said something else...like, "God, that kid is too smart for her own good. Gotta love her!" Because Couchie and I both know that I do love that manipulative little shit.

My point?

This board has grown exponentially in a very short time. It's exciting to see all the new 'faces' and read different perspectives. It's also challenging to continue to 'know' everybody so well as to be able to "know" what every poster means---not just by the words posted but by the underlying tone. I think it's dangerous to focus on one word or phrase and then make an issue of it. In a way, doing so is much like what we're disliking about this whole fucking Clay/Kim mess---how fucked up things get just from a word someone chooses to include or leave out of a blog, and how open to interpretation the same words can be to different people .

We come to this place here with our own lives as our contexts that not everyone knows. My "little shit" might equal "annoying child" to someone and "devil's spawn" to someone else. I might say that my husband was a real jerk last night because he wouldn't stop changing channels during commercials even after I'd asked him nicely to stop because it drives me fucking crazy, and somebody might think I was breaking my marriage vows by not 'obeying' my spouse.

(Bwah!. yeah...like "obey" ever entered OUR marriage vows...but I digress...heh.)

So please. Let's not let our board become a place where the emphasis is on calling each other out for the words we use in our posts. I'm not a mod here (and as you can see, I wouldn't be a good one because I use too many words to explain something... :scream: ) but I am someone who's been here a while BECAUSE our focus is on Clay and we do NOT jump on each other---only Clay. It's all about Clay. If there's any jumping to be done, it's on Clay. (Wasn't that on the paper I signed, Couchie? :lilredani: )

Now...if anyone was hurt or offended or pissed off by anything I've said here, I sincerely invite you to PM me and let's talk about it. I do NOT bite (no matter WHAT KAndre's been saying behind my back...), but please...can't we all just get along here on the main thread and move along?

Here's my olive branch to contribute:

post-98-1103426040.png

Oh, hell...you KNOW I have to add this one:

micplacementiskey.jpg

I TOLD you I re-read Chapter 1 of NBBT earlier... :whistling-1:

Edited by muskifest

Great post Muski and I totally agree.

And I was trying to express something similar but didn't have the words. I understand questioning something. I had no problem with it. But on a linear thread it's hard to turn it off and after a while I got a little queasy.

This is new to me. Really, all I want to do is pay the bills and postho.

Jots Muski's name on not a mod list ...but scratches her off bcause then I'd never get my Clyra.

FCA Chat

Thursday, Sept 20 and Friday. Sept 21

9:00 - 10:00 EDT

Come for one or both nights -- heck, come for only 5 minutes is that's all you can do with your busy schedule!

Ansa, LdyJ, and I have set up a tentative schedule for the two chats - the plan is a "quick burst" approach, 20 minutes per topic (shorter if the conversation stalls). Therefore, here are the topics, so that anyone can formulate their posts ahead of time if they so choose....

Thursday:

Your part in the fandom: how has it evolved? Do you consider it a hobby or an addicition? How much time do you spend on your fandom?

What would you considered a "blowtorched puppy" -- in other words, what could Clay do that would make you stop being a fan?

How do you feel about "shipping Clay?" Why do you feel that way?

Friday:

How does Clay combat the tabloid media?

Should Clay be a "superstar?" A "pop star"? An "entertainer?" Or all of the above? Does he really have to choose?

How do you feel Clay's voice has evolved over the past 4 years?

We will send reminders all next week.

And I have to say (as I sit here still pouring over a schedule that tries to make all the facilitators of about 240 workshops in a one-and-half-day period happy with their time and room :scream: ) that THIS part of the upcoming chat anouncement CMSU! :lmaosmiley-1:

20 minutes per topic (shorter if the conversation stalls).

BWAH! and BWAH! ....as IF! :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by muskifest

This probably hit close to home to me because I always respond to people in a nice way. Solo keeps telling me to just say "Hell, NO!" instead of my usual "I would prefer it if ..." <> " or "Well, only if .... and ..." And then some people just keep doing whatever. So finally I go and post somewhere in no uncertain terms (though still using polite words and without putting people in a spot) but the word is, "Scarlett got all pissy over something she agreed to in the first place."

In the end, I guess we each see Clay as someone like us -- I don't think he drinks much if at all; I think he tells the truth where it matters; I think he goes out of his way to help people when he is able; I think his friends and family are the most important things in life to him.

The reason I'm really concerned is that his last blog was very specific about what did and didn't happen. Between saying someone has horrible hair, is clueless about business, doesn't know what's best for him, or is a liar who'd put friendship on the line to appease fans, it's the last one I just can't accept.

hmmm that's your button issue and I don't even remember reading it (and LOL way too many pages to go back). Just goes to show. And I totally agree with you about Clay and his friends/family being everything to him. .

But I like it when you get pissy Scarlett.

And Solo's right...AH HELL NO really works!

ETA: I edited my post because I realized that I've already said the same thing 5 or 6 times today. I think at that rate I start to come off defensive and am not really adding anything new to the convo and it becomes kinda circular. One little rule I kinda liked so I'm probably done until we get something new. Self awareness looks kidna good on me, no? I think the first line sorta is the key anyway. One thing jumps out at you and it went over my head. I think much of message board talk is the same.

Only 12:34. I think I'll go to bed after I look at Karen Eh's pictures

Nice Holiday Inn here in West Virginia. I did some homework, did some reading, not enough gas left to gather a thought and post. In the immortal words of.....um....somebody.....I got nuthin'

Well, this.....

IMG_1808copy_filtered.jpg

And this.....

998414672DL.jpg

And this one just cracks me up. I shouldn't be too lazy to go slap a tag on it but I am.

JBTKETTERING-FTEM1.jpg

Back to Knoxville tomorrow. I think I'll go sit on the curb in front of The Tenessee Theatre for a while.

Like couchie and others have said, absorbing more than a hundred members in less than a month for a really small board is not easy. We did well up until now, and handled some challenges, but tonight was not good. I think some people haven't been able to get what is different about this place. It's not the lack of colored ink, it's not the ability to speak freely, say CAP, or talking about the boards on the boards. It's listening to one another and respecting each other's opinions, even if you don't agree, and accepting each person for who that person is--a unique individual who is different from you, handles things in her own way and thinks in her own way. And isn't always perfect, and neither are we. This board will be what you make it.

Night all.

I guess I just don't see what the phone call has to do with anything.

A press release was put out about a non-existant tour without the knowledge of the other two supposed participants. No, we don't know how far the negotiations went; but according to Clay's blog it was just an idea that was tossed around and nothing came of it.

Kim and her team screwed up royally and Kim pissing in her blog that Clay didn't call her two months to deflect any guilt on her part just came across as immature.

As far as I am concerned, Clay is the innocent party here.

Kim

Good morning all. Word!!!! Kim- I just can't see it any other way. If it hadn't been for her blogs, I might have been more understanding. I'm "moving on up, today". I love all the pretty pictures. You guys are really generous to share them. It really brightens the day.

I wonder who Rosie will try to suck the life out of today. I guess all one can do is not buy her hateful book.

Edited by merryclay