#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Oh, hell...you KNOW I have to add this one:

micplacementiskey.jpg

I TOLD you I re-read Chapter 1 of NBBT earlier... :whistling-1:

:clap::clap::clap:

How did that cherry pie filling Jello with whipped cream concoction turn out? I don't remember who made it last night.

I have a kick ass recipe for cheesecake using lemon Jello, cream cheese and lots of whipping cream. I actually made it last night for younger son who is turning 35 today!( that can't be true!!) He wants it decorated with gummi coke bottles!!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I'll be heading over there this afternoon to hang out with my 6 week old grandson. :lilredani:

Oh, hell...you KNOW I have to add this one:

micplacementiskey.jpg

I TOLD you I re-read Chapter 1 of NBBT earlier... :whistling-1:

:clap::clap::clap:

How did that cherry pie filling Jello with whipped cream concoction turn out? I don't remember who made it last night.

I have a kick ass recipe for cheesecake using lemon Jello, cream cheese and lots of whipping cream. I actually made it last night for younger son who is turning 35 today!( that can't be true!!) He wants it decorated with gummi coke bottles!!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I'll be heading over there this afternoon to hang out with my 6 week old grandson. :lilredani:

It would really help if you guys would quit posting yummy recipes. Since scoring ROW A tickets, I seriously have to scale back on those desserts!!

:RedGuy:

I guess I consider myself one of those annoying middle children here...not the oldest with all the responsibility to make room for the younger guys and share all your toys and stuff, and the not the youngest ones that everyone is happy to see because they are all new and cute and all.

Basically, I get the hand me down Clay t-shirts to wear. I'm pretty happy with that.

Last night I got really irritated at a post...not CG's btw, but one from a newbie...and I was about to post something a bit caustic, at least for me anyhow, when I remembered something a wise woman told me once. 'When you're mad or upset, that's when you should walk away from the boards for awhile.' So I did. I re-read that post this morning. Know what? It still rubbed me the wrong way, :cryingwlaughter: ...but I didn't feel the need to do a tap dance on it like I wanted to last night. I saw it a piece of a whole, a piece of the entire fabric of the conversation from last night and it was ok. It made more sense even if I still disagreed. I decided not to knock the new kid down just because my foot was stepped on.

Boards, families all have to adjust to growth. I give all the people here, admins, mods, not-a-mods, big props for allowing me the chance to voice my opinions, chat a little, love Clay Aiken a lot and disrespect me some jello. It's all good. (TM CHA)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

crappy-o-la...I see that I missed a few posts as I was blathering in my head and across my keyboard so if ya want this post to not be out here and would rather I save it for another thread, edit at will...I am good at blathering anywhere, anytime.

Edited by laughn

I have not responded, although I have continued to read, because I thought Couch Tomato told me not to.

However, since so many of you gave your opinion and I feel I started the whole thing, I do feel I have a right to say something too.

If anyone thought that I was being judgemental about Claygasm herself, I apologize. I thought I was asking a clarification of rules. And I thought I asked it very politely. If that was not the perception by some of you, again I apologize.

On the one hand, I found it impressive that the "old time posters" seemed to "circle the wagons" around their friend whom they understood from past experience. However, as a newbie and an outsider, it was a tad uncomfortable being on the outside of that circle. To be clear, I didn't feel trashed, just on the outside. I wonder if any of you can see that perspective?

I really see how this huge quick growth could be problematic for this board. I personally thought the discussion that followed my question was quite adult and respectful. Lots of different opinions were given. Although I don't agree with your response, Couch Tomato, I will respect it. I won't question again.

Only 11 posts and I already "stirred the turd".

I tried to think through this post very carefully. I think I did alright. Hope it is taken as intended.

First of all...I totally appreciated your asking for clarification. I have to admit it forced me to put on my admin hat because most of the time I post here simply as another poster. When I do have to stop and think about board philosophy and so on...its more work and I want to have fun..but its ok cos it was a legitimate question when even some old timers and even bottle was wondering if the proverbial line was crossed. So asking for clarification on the board or on pm is great and appreciated ... it keeps us real and consistent in how we run the board.

Now with regards to couchie's post...I am not her but I am sure she didn;t mean you cannot post and respond to the topic. I think what she meant is that we looked at the post in question...we made a decision to let it stand and if you needed to argue that point...our decision not to edit...it would be better to take it up on pm with couchie. But if you had a contribution to the discussion...i.e. Clay's and Kim's behavior...if you have an opinion that agrees or disagrees with CG...you were certainly free to do so. The idea is to talk about the opinion not the poster and post to be heard, not to try and change her opinion.

The thing is...we want to have a board that is about fun.. We want to have fun. We do not want to be your parents...your warden and your censors. We do not want to tell you what to think. We want to moderate as little as possible. To make this work we need everyone's cooperation. With more freedom there is more responsibility. So we do hope that everyone would think twice before posting and think twice before reacting to a post. If people are unsure if they are getting attacked or if the disagreement is personal pm each other...give each other the benefit of the doubt. If a post pushed your hot buttons...maybe it was done unintentionally. We also allow people to criticize Clay in a respectful manner. The line is fine but the mods and the admins will be the judge of when it did cross. We gave CG the benefit of the doubt because we know her. We will also give newbies the benefit of the doubt because we still don;t know you...There were a few post in the past few days that we thought may be crossing the line with regards to bashing Kim...but we let it go cos we didn't know enough to judge. Sure enough...that posters had their say and the discussion moved on without further negativity towards Kim

At this point...we realize that with the new influx of members we may have to do some adjustments. We want to keep the board open, we want to keep it fun, we want to keep letting people express themselves and we do not want to have to scrutinize every post made...couchie and I (unfortunately ldyJ is busy today) decided to have a meeting with the mods to address this issue. We will probably open up a thread specifically for FCA issues.

Hopefully y'all will be patient with our growing pains. Thank you to those posters that continued with the fun and with those that expressed their opinions. We appreciate all of you.

sorry this is sooooo long. I am the wordy one ...hee

oh drats on preview I see there couchie and bottle already gave their opinion...sigh...short but sweet I have to learn how to do that.

Ok...my last post and I'm diving back into the spreadsheet for the rest of the day. But remember how I was saying how all schmoopie I got when All Is Well played on my iTunes?

Well, anybody want to guess what the next song was that just happened in the Shuffle mix? Hmmm? :lilredani:

I tell ya, Life is a kick!

It was

Sexual Healing, by Marvin Gaye....a song I've always fantasized about Clay singing. :Thud:

Just...

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: I think I'll just alternate those two songs on Play all day---just to remind me how real life AND message board life can be!

BWAH AND BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1:

:XmasRed: :xmas07a: :DoClay:

oh, and woo lover eyes....so glad you appreciated that picture selection. It's one of my very faves.... :imgtongue:

Oh, BWAH again...know what the NEXT song that happened on my shuffle iTunes was?

"Eyes on the Prize" by Dianne Reeves....

BWAH to the infinite degree! I'm outta here!

Can somebody tell me how to lock my freaking toolbar in XP. I have checked the little think that says lock toolbar but it won't work and it's driving me crazy. And my edit key has totally disappeared. This is like computer 101 but I'm feeling really stupid about now.

never mind I did it

where's the embarassed emoticon

Can somebody tell me how to lock my freaking toolbar in XP. I have checked the little think that says lock toolbar but it won't work and it's driving me crazy. And my edit key has totally disappeared. This is like computer 101 but I'm feeling really stupid about now.

never mind I did it

where's the embarassed emoticon

:blush:

Hee!

playbiller You could have knocked me over with a feather this week when I checked HMV - ATDW has been $24.95 for months and suddenly it's $9.99!!!

unbelievable - and it's got better placement!! Woohoo!! for Gold!!

Edited by canuck2010

I went to check and didn't see anyone mention this in the last year, but Clay is gold in Canada as of December 06

Wheeee! You mean maybe some of my non-US purchases did some good? Heh, I think I may need another for the car.....I mean, how do you pass up $9.99??????

Edited by luckiest1

I guess I consider myself one of those annoying middle children here...not the oldest with all the responsibility to make room for the younger guys and share all your toys and stuff, and the not the youngest ones that everyone is happy to see because they are all new and cute and all.

Basically, I get the hand me down Clay t-shirts to wear. I'm pretty happy with that.

Hey, as long as you're not the red-headed stepchild in the loud sweater and the Payless shoes...

:allgood:

KAndre returns from lunch where a nice man bought her lobster ravoli and caviar which she ate even though she doesn't actually like caviar but two glasses of pinot grigio washes it down nicely...points at Scarlett and laughs...

Chick, I'm afraid I'm one of the more shy and retiring members of my family...pinky-swear. But they are used to people stomping their feet and yelling, "Hell NO!" Go for it!

OK, irises are purple flowers with beards that drink apple cider vinegar. Got it.

Yeah, yeah, I see where all the other mods and admins and empresses and stuff weighed in but I started this frickin' post before I went to lunch and I'm posting it now demmit!

lovethatguy, it was a legitimate question, and worded fairly politely and we did need to address the issue. The thing is we tend to address issues as they arise, and that is one where a big black line clearly demarcating "this is wrong" and "this is right" is difficult. We instead have a big fuzzy gray fog thingie. I went back and reviews for your and Couchie's posts, and didn't quite see where Couchie didn't want you to respond, though I do see where you could have gotten that impression.

I'm glad you didn't feel trashed but on the outsider thing - at least on this board, it's not strictly up to us to make you feel not like a outsider, because there is an adjustment both for newbies and "oldies" and middle children. We'll work on it and trust you work on it as well.

Don't let Ansa and couchie fool ya - we are lazy as hell. We are the type of mods/parents/older sibs that will make everyone else work.

Just had to pop in again to tell you about something surreal...

I was just perusing our little town's newspaper and saw that someone won $93 MILLION dollars in the California Lottery with a winning lottery ticket RIGHT HERE! :scream:

She bought her QuickPick ticket at a gas station that's about a 3 minute walk from my house!

Holyshit.

I never play the danged lottery, but....whoa. Whoa.

$93 million dollars.

Holyshit.

canuck, couchie...in all my post-hoing earlier I neglected to tell you how jealous happy I was to hear about your great seats!...the one's at the concerts, not the ones you sit on...but speaking of seats...*da-da-bump* this one ain't bad either. whoo-hoo!

detroitbackend.jpg

Heh!

I just had a call from a Neilsen survey telephone person. I usually just hang up, but I was feeling bored.

When she asked if I downloaded music from the Internet, I said, "Just Clack."

heeheehee

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Now, on that note, I'm outta here!!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

eta: laughn Thank you!! :)

Edited by canuck2010

I have not responded, although I have continued to read, because I thought Couch Tomato told me not to.

However, since so many of you gave your opinion and I feel I started the whole thing, I do feel I have a right to say something too.

If anyone thought that I was being judgemental about Claygasm herself, I apologize. I thought I was asking a clarification of rules. And I thought I asked it very politely. If that was not the perception by some of you, again I apologize.

On the one hand, I found it impressive that the "old time posters" seemed to "circle the wagons" around their friend whom they understood from past experience. However, as a newbie and an outsider, it was a tad uncomfortable being on the outside of that circle. To be clear, I didn't feel trashed, just on the outside. I wonder if any of you can see that perspective?

I really see how this huge quick growth could be problematic for this board. I personally thought the discussion that followed my question was quite adult and respectful. Lots of different opinions were given. Although I don't agree with your response, Couch Tomato, I will respect it. I won't question again.

Only 11 posts and I already "stirred the turd".

I tried to think through this post very carefully. I think I did alright. Hope it is taken as intended.

I don't really now where to begin and truthfully don't get into the fray much but I was a bit offended and like you I can say what I think....

The fact that the members here protect each other is why most of us are here in the first place. Respect is a wonderful quality in people...

If you are going to be judgemental you have to understand where people are in their life..

I'm a newbie, altho a post ho, I think it's wonderful that so many diverse opinions can be heard..

Don't disrespect Couch Tomato because you will find the wagons circled by all who reside here..

O.K. rant over....mods delete or spank me whichever you prefer!

I didn't join this board for protection. According to your fact..I am the minority of this community.

And I won't participate in the circling of wagons for Couch Tomato as I am of the belief that she can handle any type of disrespect she faces.

Well I had some stuff to say and then I decided to go to the store and since then some other stuff was shared and now I think I need to "ruminate" some more before posting what I originally wanted to say. The remains of my evergreen/shrub/bushlike things need to be sawed up in my backyard. So I'll tackle that chore while I think about it. Which reminds me ... I forgot to buy band-aids at the store. D'oh!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by jamar1700

I am watching Jeopardy and there is a contestant on there named Clay....the contestant is a woman and she spells it Cle with a mark over the "e" (not sure what you call that mark), but I think it is very unique.

Kim

Edited by aikim