#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Snowballs in the Hardland

Oh, this is a classic. A classic, I tell you! :cryingwlaughter:

CASBAH Tour

Clay Aiken's Snowyballs And Hardland Tour

CASBAH Tour

"Rock the Casbah...Rock the Casbah."

Oh, Lord...the antihistamines are kickin' in...twister2.gif

ETA: Glad you liked "Working from Home", Liney...somehow, I just knew you would. B)

CASBAH Tour

CASBAH Tour

ETA: Glad you liked "Working from Home", Liney...somehow, I just knew you would. B)

Or we could do the Shiny Balls and Big Packages Tour?

Just in the spirit of the Holiday, you know.

Edited by keepingfaith

My best friends named their first daughter Laiken

The receptionist at our office has a daughter named 'Laiken' (not sure if that's how she spells it--maybe 'Laken.') I always thought it was a cute name--I had never heard it before.

I'm going to bed early tonight which usually means one thing: a Clay blog. But since we had two this week, maybe not--but you never know--keeping my fingers crossed.

CASBAH Tour

CASBAH Tour

Or we could do the Shiny Balls and Big Packages Tour?

Just in the spirit of the Holiday, you know.

Keepingfaith... BWAH!!! Love it!

Welp...I'm done sawin' and ruminatin' and shall forgo further comment until there is another forum for that particular discussion.

:RedGuy:

HOWEVER....

Whilst making yet another link to the board philosophy thread, I read it aGAIN. The last time I was there I mentioned being struck by the words that couchie chose to bold

FUN. COMMUNITY. AFFECTION

(hee...FCA...I just got that. I'm so sloooooooooooooow.)

This time I noticed this was also bolded.

Not another message board!

Now I know that what she probably meant at the time was ... Not ANOTHER message board...but today I read NOT another message board. Which sort of sums up my feelings. This, to me, isn't just yet one other Clay fan message board. It's different. It has it's own vibe and it's own feeling and of course it's own history. If you appreciate this place, as such, it may help to remember that things aren't always going to happen here in just the same way that they might at one of those other places. And it will take all of us, doing our adult best to maintain the atmosphere that has helped to make FCA unique. It isn't always going to be easy, but I, for one think it is more than worth the effort.

---

And with that ... I'm done with the rumination and am moving on to the intoxication.

:trink3: :trink4: :704: :bier: :drink::wein:

Say....we doooo have a lot of drinking emoticons! Hee.

Oh and guess what else I found whilst purusing the All About Us forum?

The rules! Who knew?

:lilredani:

---

eta ... *wipes muskispit off her shirt*

---

edited again because double commas are stooopid.

Edited by jamar1700

JazzGirl

I'm still in the fandom because Clay is one of the few great voices I've heard in a long, long time. My formative years were the 60s and early 70s when it was the normal course that someone who sang had a good voice. What on earth happened? I listened to Kanye on some late night show last night and he's just not my thing, so when Clay appeared on the scene, he was someone I wanted to support because, finally, there was someone I enjoyed hearing (and as it has turned out, I enjoy hearing him independent of whatever genre he is singing).

You are right Clay sure can sing. But, he is more then just a singer and that became very clear this past summer. Clay's voice lifts my spirits and he makes me laugh. What more can a girl ask for? Wait, never mind, never mind.

Chocolate anyone?... :4:

Cleaned my toilets and ate some good dark chocolate. I feel much better now...

Stops to pat beenthinkings little newborn butt!

Gurrral step away I tell ya..... :em0100:

I'll join you in that intoxication, JaMar. I've been waiting all day for a glass of wine.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder this morning drying my hair. <_< Gettin old older really sucks some times. Who knew that blowdrying your hair could cause physical harm? So I've been anxiously awaiting the 6:00 hour for the medicinal bottle glass couple of glasses of wine.

I've yet to check out the board policy thread. Maybe this weekend. But I did find something very, very cool. Didja know there's a 'view new posts' function at the top of the page? You can click on it and see where the latest discussion has been. Who knew?? :D

Oh shit joy!! Top of the page. Whoo Hoo. That's what I get for being a smart-ass.

Edited by Bookwhore

I am sure no one will be talking about CHocolate when this long psot gets posted.

I ws going to recommend this book Chocolate - The Consuming Passion as an informative (amazingly) and hilarious book

513GQASA16L._AA240_.jpg I am a Boynton addict, Love her stuff and have for over 30 years.

Drop by and visit her web page, read her amazing facts - the whole thing is hysterical

But when casually looking through here, I think I found something that would be suitable for most of us :

Chocolate Alert Bracelet, Plus Hippo

ChocoHippoBracelet.gif

There is a problem orderingthis and the jewelry is nmot cheap, maybe we can settle for this

110N.jpg in silver for 49 dollars. If you have more money than brains, you have you can get it in gold.

She even has an Ask Ethel section

Edited by playbiller

Chocolate! :wub:

What a board. I leave for a couple of days and this place goes from the Reunion to No Reunion to Chocolate!

Make mine extra dark and organic, please.

And speaking of sweet things, this isn't on this page yet.

And, this one can never be seen too often, IMO! :Thud:

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Edited by saltwaterdog

Hello everyone!

I was off watching a football game last night (Awoohoo! WVU won!) so was not present for your discussion.

BTW, I am new here. As others have said, that seems so odd to me. I'm not used to it. Makes me almost hesitant to post. I'm sure those who know me find that very odd. :lol: But you know what? I'm not sure that's a bad thing. While there are quite a few people I know here, there are also quite a few I do not know. Makes it hard to read with understanding sometimes. So I think I'll mostly just read for awhile. And hopefully understand more.

I will say this. My inclination is, in most all situations, to give Clay Aiken the benefit of the doubt. I have lusted after the man for 4+ years now. I have drooled over the pics, swooned to the clack, glued myself to the TV for his appearances, read most of the public words he has spoken or written. Sure, I don't really know him as in really know him. But I do think I "know" Clay in many ways. I think he is a good man. I do. That colors my thinking always. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Congratulations to canuck, lovethatguy, gareem, couchie, jamar, and bookwhore on your ticket success today!!! :clap:

And oh -

I don't care how many jello recipes you post...I ain't doing it. More than 2 steps and it's full on cookin' and that's just not happening.

Me too! I have a rule - 5 ingredients or less. Anything more is too much like work! Plus those jello recipes skeered me. :lol:

Back to voyeur status. And trying to dream up durty names for the Christmas tour...

Edited by xxx4clay

How did that cherry pie filling Jello with whipped cream concoction turn out? I don't remember who made it last night.

That was me. Took me forever to catch up... wanted to read everything first before I posted... of course, it didn't help that the family (including son who doesn't grace us with his presence much any more - growing up and all that) went out for Chinese... yum.

So anyway, cuz I just know you all haven't heard enough about jello... hahaha... the sugar free cherry jello and lite cherry pie filling result.... DIVINE!! And I haven't even put cool whip/whipped cream on it yet! It's very yummy and also very WW friendly (if you're so inclined)... Thanks for the recipe! I actually shared it with a gal at work today, I like it so much!

I am a dark chocolate nut...I do think Hershey's is very good...but my fave is lindt truffle....yummmmm

Oh yes, Lindt truffle... the one that's extra dark chocolate or some such... can be bought at Target or the grocery store... or if you're lucky, like Milwaukee, there's actually a Lindt store in the mall! Try not spending a buttload there...

As you can see, food rules my world (and this whole post!)... and since I'm not eating a whole hell of a lot of it much anymore, I have to talk about it!! :cryingwlaughter:

Regarding top of or bottom of page posts --- it all depends on how many posts per page your controls are set to as to what/who's at the top or bottom. All the folks (at least two) who commented about their post being either top or bottom were neither for me on this page!! Just somewhere in between!! In case you were wonderin'!

Dark chocolate, the last I bought and I'm really liking it is Lindt 85% Extra Dark (or some such wording), but it was definitely the 85%. And another I really like is from, of all places, Sam's Choice brand!! It's a Belgian Chocolate with 70% cocoa, though it's hard to find. When I was in Dallas, I would usually buy my dark chocolate at Whole Foods Market. Chocoluv is another good one, in varying cocoa percentage counts! God do I miss Whole Foods Market, The Container Store, Foley's (they are no more anyway), Snappy Salads, and Boston Market! And probably in about that order too!

Good evening, FCA!

ETA!! All day I've been wondering about spikesmom's cherry jello! That's for the update!!

I've been thinking about the topping for that. As I said last night, I'm wondering if it might be something Mother would like while recovering from her knee replacement surgery. Her tastes have come out so whacky since surgery. She wants what little she does eat to be very bland, not surprising necessarily after surgery. She always added tons of butter spray and often way too much Splenda to various food products before eating them, but since surgery, she just doesn't want things very sweet (this is not a bad thing in my book - the amount of Splenda she used to use gags me to think about!). Anyway, back to the cherry jello, I'm wondering if some of the sweet could be cut by having the whipped cream topping also include a little sour cream? It would change the texture somewhat, but it seems like it would still make a nice, creamy topping. (Hope that thought didn't gross anyone out.)

Edited by AnAmeraikenInTX

Hershey's dark chocolate doesn't do it for me any more. I've reached the point that I need the harder stuff. So I have graduated to Hershey's Cacao Reserve. Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't know that Paul Newman made a chocolate or Sam's Club.

That's the Hershey's I was trying to think of! What I've bought is the Cacao Reserve that is in truffle form and in a cute little metal box that holds 8 pieces!! Good stuff too!

Another cherry jello dish....

I don't have my actual recipe handy right now, don't even know where it is - somewhere in the boxes in the garage! Someday I'll get my now one year old move back home completed and all unpacked! Maybe. I have my computer and most of my Clay stuff and that seems to be fine. Hee hee!

But that was sort of a digress...

The dish is called Coke Salad. It was on our Thanksgiving table all during my growing up years and beyond. It, at least used to be, Mother's favorite on the Thanksgiving table. Granny made it.

A n y w a y, it uses black cherry jello, coca-cola is the liquid (boiling and room temp or cold, normal amounts that would have been used if water were the liquid). That is probably well mixed and chilled to slightly thickened phase. Then whipped cream (not cool whip), chopped up maraschino cherries and pecans were folded into it. It's very pretty and is also good. Have NO clue if the SF jello and diet coke could be used instead. I hatessss Diet Coke usually (sorry xxx4clay, but it's fine, great, good and wonderful that you lurvessss it!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ), so cannot imagine it used in this fashion!! I think that's all the ingredients, can't imagine what might be missing, and I'm not sure of amounts - but if that sounds good and you like to cook, it could probably be eyeballed and you'd get close!

Oh, and have you ever noticed how adding chopped pecans to something just makes it taste like Thanksgiving? Or maybe that's one of those Southern things!!!

But, how does that compare with guarding Clay's body?

Nothing does. We members of the FCA Super Sekrit Security Services must remember to keep our eyes on the prize at all times. It's our sacred duty and honor. Welcome.

Oh, yeah!!!! *hi-fives all of the Super Sekrit body guards, the bestest status evah!*

I am about 3/4 of the way through my Classics recommendations (I am doing LAV, OIDA, Sexyback and Achy Breaky Heart) and it is so cool to listen to them sequentially.....from Frisco through to Orlando.....and hear how things gradually change. And also to hear some performances where something funny happens. It's so hard to keep a straight face when I'm listening in mixed company (like this evening when I was sitting at a Starbuck's in a Chapters/Indigo store with my iPod on, drinking a chai latte). People look at you weird when you burst out laughing! WTF is their problem? :cryingwlaughter:

(bolding mine)

This happens to me at the gym all of the time, where I watch clack on my treo while on the treadmill or the elliptical. I've gotten a few funny looks, but I keep watching and giggling! I had to stop watching the realllly hawt montages at the gym, though, 'cuz moaning and thudding while on workout equipment isn't very safe. Take my word for it.

*snip*

I've yet to check out the board policy thread. Maybe this weekend. But I did find something very, very cool. Didja know there's a 'view new posts' function at the top of the page? You can click on it and see where the latest discussion has been. Who knew?? :D

This cracked me up, 'cuz Couchie is always telling people to use that function. It's great - I use it all of the time to see where people are hangin' out!

*snip*

And with that ... I'm done with the rumination and am moving on to the intoxication.

:trink3: :trink4: :704: :bier: :drink::wein:

Say....we doooo have a lot of drinking emoticons! Hee.

Those emoticons, are fun, jamar! That looks like what hubby and I will be doing tomorrow night. It's his birthday, and we are checking into a swanky hotel at 3:00. We will have supper at an ethnic restaurant, with wine, of course. Then we will proceed to the downtown aquarium bar, where you can watch fish of all sizes and types swim around in a huge aquarium while you're enjoying your drink. Then, we will be going to a live jazz club, where they serve - drinks, of course! Heeeee. I asked hubby if he will be awake enough after all that drinking for us to have a romantic evening and actually enjoy the posh hotel - he says no problemo. He doesn't like cake, but lurves cherry pie for his birthday, with whipped cream. He wants to be able to enjoy that whipped cream properly! Heeeee. We also have tickets for Six Flags the next day - wonder if we'll have hangovers, and if we'll actually be able to go on the big roller coasters?? :wacko:

Does anyone here have a recipe for dark chocolate jello?

Play...thanks for the find. You should put that book in the book thread, lot's of chocolate lovers around here. I'm partial to the Hippo bracelet because it reminds me what happens if I eat too much chocolate!

I just saw "Cle" the girl on Jeopardy.