#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Hello! Didn't have to time to check in here yesterday - went to a John Prine concert. Anyone familiar with him? Interesting.... Anyway, I see I have missed something very very important that I cannot let pass -

A Belated Happy Birthday!!!! to my dear friend AAIT!!!

Here's what I'm wondering though. I see you many of you saying you met AAIT this past tour. Where was I? I swear I was right there with her in Texas and CA. I know I was there! hmmmm..

I must also say -

Happy Birthday Aikim!!!

And since this is college football Saturday I cannot let this day pass without saying -

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!

I think that's enough shout-outs for one day. gotta go - Game Time!!!

Edited by xxx4clay

Here's what I'm wondering though. I see you many of you saying you met AAIT this past tour. Where was I? I swear I was right there with her in Texas and CA. I know I was there! hmmmm..

xxx...this gave me such a laugh, because I thought at first you meant you didn't remember meeting AAIT I was thinking you'd really lost your mind, because I remembered coming back from the bar and finding you and AAIT in my hotel room. I was even composing a reply saying "I know you met AAIT, I have a picture of us all together". Then I re-read your post. Thank goodness.

**note to self....do not skim too fast...read, and re-read before hitting reply***

I'm so hopelessly behind here but hello everyone. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I check in every day and try to read all the post, but don't always get that done much less post one myself.

Happy belated birthday to AAIT!

Happy birthday today to aikim.

Congrats to Caro on the grandbaby too. :clap:

I wanted to make the chat last night but suddenly, we had company. Knew I couldn't make it Thursday night cause DS#2 had a football game. But I've read over there a little and hope I can partake next time.

Thanks for offering that.

I also didn't donate to keep FCA going this time but would be glad to when needed.

xxx4clay - I'm sorry I missed meeting you at the concerts this summer. I did meet AAIT in Tulsa at the busline. I also saw her in the lobby after the concert in Pala, but she was on the phone and I was moving through to catch up with my party so I didn't stop. Good luck to your WVM team today. A son of a friend of mine plays on your team. My friend has since moved to NC so I don't see her anymore but as far as I know, her son is there and playing.

Edited by windstar2

the Best Buy site says A Clay Aiken Christmas so my guess is that it's a re-release of ACAC. Clay's Christmas music gets played on the radio, so maybe they want to have something available for purchase.

Thanks saltwaterdog...that was what I was sort of expecting. Maybe it will have some additional footage.

I know you are off somewhere this weekend celebrating, but here's wishing you a

Happy Birthday aikim! :fest09:

ack! whoo-hoo! top-o-page! :P

Edited by laughn

I keep seeing posts about audio recommendations so I stopped by that thread and I see this:

What's Happening - Solo

Gimme a Break - Solo

should we have a time limit for the recommendation??? September 30

I know I didn't volunteer in a drunken stupor since I don't drink alcohol. Long story short, it's not gonna happen if I'm responsible for those songs. I didn't even like the TV Medleys that much and Clay isn't even singing. Most importantly, I only have 4 GB left on my laptop hard drive and can't download every TV Medley clip. Y'all are going to have to find some other sucker noble individual to do these recommendations.

Solo, you need help chickie? Would you cease with the fucking whining if I did them for you? My reward will be to never get thumped on the head...o.k?

I wasn't whining. I was making statements of fact. And y'all know Scarlett is the only Clay fan I have ever thumped on the head even though I have been tempted many times to whack a few of them at concerts. Ooh, maybe the screamers will shut up next to me now that I have a reputation as an enforcer.

If you need to get to a Clay Aiken concert, you can always count on Solo. (The pre-party's an entirely different matter :medium-smiley-070: though she'll try her best. We did get to playbiller's Newark preparty where the seafood was to die for!)

It's not my fault that some people are easily distracted by shiny objects.

Edited by Solo

I have my song almost done... I have picked out the best one, but am still working on the Honorable Mention one. When I am finished, is there someone who can convert my selections to MP3's, cause it ain't me. LOL

You can extract the audio from the video using this tool. It's free and amazingly simple. I use it all the time.

Go here to download the tool:

http://www.geovid.com/Video_mp3_Extractor/

Happy Birthday to aikim! balloony.gif

Back from our shopping trip. Did our usual at Sam's Club -- I swear I walk in there and spend at least $100.00 easily. The apple orchard was great too -- picked up a full peck of HoneyCrisp apples for my husband and I to take in our lunches. Man, those are good apples! Also bought cider....yum.

But Circuit City was somewhat of a bust. We did get the second season of Lost on DVD cheap, but the iPod converter for the car that I really wanted wouldn't work with the new iPod nano. At this point, I think I'm going to do some more research, and then come up with the next step. (If anyone has any recommendations, let me know....)

Crooner's Christmas at WalMart. That's for couchie...

Now it's laundry time! That, and listening to BYLM....*g*

My 'When the Lights Go Down' audio recommends are posted now, with mp3's for those who desire them.

I mentioned this in the post, but o.m.g. this is one depressing set of lyrics. (Right up my alley, of course ;-) :imgtongue: I've seen people say how sad they are that Clay was able to write the lyrics to LAA (feeling that he must have experienced them to write them). But man oh man, I'd rather see him write about losing love and wanting to feel it (again?) than the sentiments of this song. I need a drink now! :cryingwlaughter:

When the lights go down,

He'll be filling a pan with a broom in his hand,

In some dive across town.

He'll be wiping the bar and moppin' the floor.

Counting his tips and locking the doors.

Wrestling the devil that tells him to pour

another round.

When the lights go down.

She'll be calling her friends from her Mercedes Benz,

But it's too late now.

They were there for the fame, the flash and the thrill.

But the drop of a name, the parties, the pills.

As another star falls from the Hollywood Hills

Without a sound.

When the lights go down,

And there's nothing left to be.

When the lights go down,

And the truth is all you see.

When you feel that hole inside your soul

And wonder what you're made of.

Well, we all find out,

When the lights go down.

When the lights go down,

At the end of the day, when this game that I play,

Has gone another round.

As I lay there alone in this big empty bed,

Nothing but thoughts of you in my head.

I think of the things that I wish I had said,

When you were still around.

When the lights go down,

Yeah, there's nothing left to be.

When the lights go down,

And the truth is all you see.

And I wonder if, all my life's about,

Is the sum of all my fears,

And all my doubts,

Yeah, when all the lights go down.

Oh, oh.

When the lights go down,

Oh, and there's nothing left to be.

When the lights go down,

Yeah. and the truth is all you see.

When you feel that hole inside your soul

And wonder what you're made of.

Well, we all find out,

When the lights go down,

Ooh, when the lights go down.

Oh, oh.

Edited by cindilu2

My 'When the Lights Go Down' audio recommends are posted now, with mp3's for those who desire them.

I mentioned this in the post, but o.m.g. this is one depressing set of lyrics. (Right up my alley, of course ;-) :imgtongue: I've seen people say how sad they are that Clay was able to write the lyrics to LAA (feeling that he must have experienced them to write them). But man oh man, I'd rather see him write about losing love and wanting to feel it (again?) than the sentiments of this song. I need a drink now! :cryingwlaughter:

What is intriguing to me is that Clay picked Quiana's and Angela's songs for them to sing. What was there about this song that he wanted it in his show? This is the guy who frequently talks about strong melodies and lyrics and these are lyrics he likes. Maybe he just likes the lyrics or the melody or maybe it is just something he could identify with himself?

Thanks for posting that! I got so caught up in Quiana's performance that I didn't pay that much attention to the poetry of the lyrics.

jazzgirl, I also thought about that many times while listening - that Clay chose both these songs. Sure, they showcase the girls powerhouse voices wonderfully. But they are both lyrically poignant songs. Things that make you go, hmmmmm, for sure.

xxx...this gave me such a laugh, because I thought at first you meant you didn't remember meeting AAIT I was thinking you'd really lost your mind, because I remembered coming back from the bar and finding you and AAIT in my hotel room. I was even composing a reply saying "I know you met AAIT, I have a picture of us all together". Then I re-read your post. Thank goodness.

hee. Yeh, well, that did lack clarity. Never was my strong point. What I meant to say - "I was with AAIT at in CA and TX and I don't think I met any of you guys who said you met AAIT. Why is that?"

windstar - I coulda sworn I did meet you somewhere along the way. ...I am so confused...

On another note -

Awoohoo!!! WVU 48 East Carolina 7

...It's not my fault that some people are easily distracted by shiny objects.

You mean like rivets?

rivet3.jpg

If so, I'll cop to that one. Though I'm sure that's not what you meant. It's just what I thought. It's a sickness.

jazzgirl, I also thought about that many times while listening - that Clay chose both these songs. Sure, they showcase the girls powerhouse voices wonderfully. But they are both lyrically poignant songs. Things that make you go, hmmmmm, for sure.

Reading the lyrics, Clay would have killed on that song. Just as he killed on Emmanuel and Listen. Does make one wonder that of all the gin joints in the world, he wandered into that one, as Bogie mused.

As for the rivet, I think it is a sooooper sekrit messaging device involved in a new branch of study called Claymate telegraphy. It emits messages that only Claymates can decipher. Perhaps the messages are quite similar to Morse code, that is, long blinks, short blinks, etc. I can just imagine the video study that could go into this project........

Ack, at the beach phoneless at the cellphone now reads "use an authorized battery". I can use it for a few minutes plugged in and charging and then it get very very hot! Something to do when I get home besides spending thousands of dollars on acheesey kidtchen.

I had something to say on topic, but now I just forgot it with dumb keyboard tha makes typing worse.

waves to everyone.

Thanks so much for the lyrics to the song Quiana sang. They really are profound, aren't they?

Yes, I believe Clay would kill on this one. His choice might have been made just for Q's vocal range, but somehow I don't think it was.

Somehow, I think it is personal to him. And have no other reason to think so outside of a "gut" feeling. Had you not posted the poetry, I would have never realized what beautiful lyrics they are.

Edited by clayzedover

Thanks so much for the lyrics to the song Quiana sang. They really are profound, aren't they?

Yes, I believe Clay would kill on this one. His choice might have been made just for Q's vocal range, but somehow I don't think it was.

Somehow, I think it is personal to him. And have no other reason to think so outside of a "gut" feeling. Had you not posted the poetry, I would have never realized what beautiful lyrics they are.

Yes, thanks very much for printing the lyrics, cindilu2!

clayzedover, I'd like to think that that he wanted those songs sung at his show but thought he might get too caught up in them if he did them himself.

xxx4clay, I'm the complete opposite. I know when I met you and can remember each time we saw each other again during the summer tour, but I kept thinking to myself after reading all these posts -- why haven't I met AAIT?

Hiya!!!

I'm home!! :) Took mom clothes shopping - she looks so awesome in her new duds!! If I look like her when I'm 87, I will be a happy camper! :cryingwlaughter:

Meetings in California??? I was with AAIT and xxx and tonibabe. Let's see if I can remember who I met? Scarlett and Mr. Scarlett, Bookwhore, JaMar, gareem and lovethatguy - okay, that's it! I also met someone else who I think has a different name here but the same avi :cryingwlaughter: but I can't remember their screenname here! Anyone else???

I'm really hoping to meet lots of you this November,either in Vegas or Chicagoland! HOPE!!!!

I'm really ready for a blog!

:XmasRed:

Edited by canuck2010