# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

I missed this before. Sorry for being such a post whore this morning. But at least I can rescue jamar. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I wouldn't dare give any child raising advice since I spent about twenty years of my life on the verge of a nervous breakdown with depression thrown in due to the antics of my youngest son who somehow managed to survive. How I managed to run a business, stay married and not kill him, I'll never know. And I am a pretty mild mannered person. :onFire:

Hee, I hear you. Well, one out of 3 ain't bad.....I haven't killed mine yet. :lol:

Now I am going to try and do some work.

couch tomato, I'd heard so much about those honey crisp apples, but they're sooooo expensive here in California, so I paid $1.38 for one apple just to try it last week. It was a good apple, but I think my expectations were so high by then that even ambrosia couldn't live up to them. Kind of like when I first tried Godiva chocolate. It was good chocolate, but I expected something out of this world! LOL!

First of all, welcome. Secondly, sorry if I contributed to your high expectations over this apple! I've had people tell me that HoneyCrisps this year aren't as good as they were in past years, supposedly because of the weather. The one's I've managed to find this year have been pretty good, IMO. I just like an apple that has a real CRUNCH when you bite into it. Another thing that is going for the HoneyCrisp is that they keep really good. I've bought a peck of them, and two weeks later, they're still good.

Good luck to all those sending stories to Teacher Clay. *sigh* I just don't have many memories of Christmases in my family. Not a huge holiday family, I guess.

SLC's Newark clack is up, and she posted some screencaps too.

Bad, bad Clay. :naughtywag:

34hehe.jpg

OMG, that is absolutely HYSTERICAL!! :lmaosmiley-1: I LOVE him!! Was that from AFTER the a-hand-on-each-ass trick I wonder? :lmaosmiley-1:

I haven't seen the clack from SLC yet, but I've used a clip from BigApple4Clay's clack of the same show as my avatar....

SmileyClay.gif

I think this was when someone from the back suggested to Clay that he should come and sit back there with them, and he says "no thank you!" and then gives this will smile! He's so adorable in that clip. I'll have to get SLC's version and compare.....

PPPFFFTTTBBB! :P You can't make me use the "View New Posts" button, and I'm am steadfastly resisting the allure of these newfangled Honey Crisps. I'm a Gala girl, through and through!

apple.gif

Good for you! Standing up for your principles! I like Gala's too (as well as Fuji's), so if I can't find HoneyCrisps, that's what I go for next.

Did he do this at any other venue?

28back.jpg

Just wanted to see this again on the page. He's such an imp. I love him.

Good Morning Everyone,

1 Day until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

7 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

12 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

32 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

58 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

61 Days until The Christmas Special Airs!

74 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

85 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

You know, my brain has been so discombobulated these past few days with family stuff that I simply keep forgetting that TOMORROW is the Sedaka party!!! OMG, I hope someone can call someone and give a report here. I do remember that next week as Fifth Grader, though -- I think that sticks in my brain more because I (hopefully) will get to see it.

Okay, what is the hand on each ass trick and where do I find it?

Kim

Did he do this at any other venue?

28back.jpg

IS IT TRICK????

OR IS IT TREAT!!??!!

[inquiring minds want to know...] :cryingwlaughter:

I am just thankful I can see it, a storm knocked out my cable modem last night and I am on dialup right now!! Tech guy coming later today - and I have to pack for NYC tomorrow!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!111!!!!!!!!

Since it's rather slow, I thought I would PW and tell you that 122 people from the CB, alone, are listed as attending the Neil Sedaka tribute. I thought that was grand.

Per CV, Neil Sedaka mentioned Clay twice on the Today show. Quick mentions stating he was performing. They said NS looked very excited about the tribute. I like him.

It's what I'll eat on my break but that sucka is huge.

Couchie....I swear, if anyone else had written that, I'd be smutting up a storm with it!

:23:

But since I KNOW how much you eschew SMUT... :whistling-1: I'll just leave it alone...

I loved his blog and responded with a quickie...I love that cute man.

Was taken out to dinner by the general manager and a sales rep of a San Francisco hotel last night...long story short. Clay's name came up :whistling-1: and both of them did the "He's gay, isn't he?" thing. I said no. They poo-poo'ed me and did the eyebrow thing and the smirks to each other, etc. I asked them why that particular comment would be the first they'd make upon hearing his name, that I was truly curious,e tc.

They went on to say various things...I mentioned the word "media" and they agreed....but when I told them what he'd repeatedly said to the media about this, one of them said, "Oh, please. You saying he's not gay is like me saying (insert name) here isn't African American and I'm not Asian."

Unfucking real.

Anyhoo....we went on with our dinner and then later, after the GM had left, the sales rep and I continued our conversation. I told her about Spamalot and then she started asking questions about Clay. By the end of our chat, she was rather impressed with the guy I'd painted for her and admitted that she knew absolutely NOTHING about him other than he'd been that skinny and (in her words) "effeminate" guy from that AI season; that he'd put his hand over Kelly Ripa's mouth and that he was known for singing "Barry Manilow" type songs.

sigh...my work there is done.

Last night on the way home I started thinking about my daughter and our whole dynamic. I was beat and just wanted to read a little and go to bed. But I went upstairs to say hi to both girls and then sat on Carrie's bed and said, "C'mere a minute." (She was at her desk doing homework.) She did and I just put my arms around her and pulled her down next to me to lie there a minute or so." She said, "What's that about?" And I answered, "No special reason. I was just thinking about you earlier and I was thinking about all the reasons I love you and I couldn't wait to get home and give you a big hug."

"I love you, too, Mom."

:blink:

I got up to go and she said, "DOn't go! Stay here with me, okay? You can read on my bed."

So I did. I got my book and a bottle of water, propped myself on her bed with my book and we sat there without talking---me reading and her doing her homework---until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and said goodnight.

I tellya. This parenting thing is a trip. :lilredani:

Well, it is not all that good, I am on about 5 different lists. Not to mean it is bad, jsut that there are other people who appear on multiple lists. We know there are probably well over 122 attending. Neil is all over the local stations pushing the show. Maybe it is not a sellout, or it was scheduled before. The dog has decided that poopingand peeing is important, maybe, so I could never sit during an entire interview. I have been outside at least 10 timse already. At least Holly is on the mend, finally! She is drinking water and eating again.

I'm admitting to feeling crappy about the contest, about the tour schedule, and about my job, that won't allow me to fly off to a Christmas concert, for which I could submit my funny story if I could go, but I can't, so Clay's blog broke my heart because I can't hit "Send" although I'm dying to. I'm seriously spoiled from my first six concerts this summer. Sometimes this addiction sucks.

I'm admitting to feeling crappy about the contest, about the tour schedule, and about my job, that won't allow me to fly off to a Christmas concert, for which I could submit my funny story if I could go, but I can't, so Clay's blog broke my heart because I can't hit "Send" although I'm dying to. I'm seriously spoiled from my first six concerts this summer. Sometimes this addiction sucks.

But remember! He said people can submit stories even though they can't be there and that a friend or some other designated person there could do the honors if the story was chosen! You should REALLY submit that story about Joy to the World, keepingfaith! REALLY~

Yes, he revised the blog to include the info about people who cannot attend but still want to submit a story. I thought that was so cool of him.
Oh, thank you muski and luckiest! I'll have to go back and read the revised blog ~~ funny that I have to be enticed with a blog to go to OFC anymore. I virtually lived there for a while, until I was led to this side of the fence where the grass really is greener!

But remember! He said people can submit stories even though they can't be there and that a friend or some other designated person there could do the honors if the story was chosen! You should REALLY submit that story about Joy to the World, keepingfaith! REALLY~

yes, yes. I was just posting to say the same thing. That is a great story!

We lost power a little after 6.

Did you know that when you live in the boonies when you lose power, you lose water, too?!!!

Well, you do.

No AC

No TV

No computer

NO WATER!

No nuttin!

I thought, well, I can't read, or compute or watch tv, I'll just take a candlelit soak in my big ol' tub!

No power, no water pump!!

Poo!

Thank goodness it was less than two hours! Bor-ring!!! I drove to town to get a burger with Droopy in the car! Poor baby, the scent was driving him crazy!

When I got back from the burger run - YAY! Power was back!

Cotton, what about losing power to your frig and freezer? I guess they do all right for 2 hours but it makes me nervous when that happens because I once had to throw away everything in my freezer after a lenghty power outage. :cry4: Sounds like you did a good job of making lemonade out of lemons.

Our house, unfortunately, is located in an unstable power grid and we have frequent power outages. This summer, it was out for 36 hours, so I have a lot of experience in throwing food out, but I was able to save a lot too, by following these guidelines and buying lots of ice and coolers:

USDA

Keep the refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible to maintain the cold temperature. The refrigerator will keep food safely cold for about 4 hours if it is unopened. A full freezer will hold the temperature for approximately 48 hours (24 hours if it is half full) if the door remains closed. Obtain dry or block ice to keep your refrigerator as cold as possible if the power is going to be out for a prolonged period of time. Fifty pounds of dry ice should hold an 18-cubic foot full freezer for 2 days. Plan ahead and know where dry ice and block ice can be purchased.

Q. Some of my food in the freezer started to thaw or had thawed when the power came back on. Is the food safe? How long will the food in the refrigerator be safe with the power off?

A. Never taste food to determine its safety! You will have to evaluate each item separately. If an appliance thermometer was kept in the freezer, read the temperature when the power comes back on. If the appliance thermometer stored in the freezer reads 40 °F or below, the food is safe and may be refrozen. If a thermometer has not been kept in the freezer, check each package of food to determine the safety. Remember you can’t rely on appearance or odor. If the food still contains ice crystals or is 40 °F or below, it is safe to refreeze. Refrigerated food should be safe as long as power is out no more than 4 hours. Keep the door closed as much as possible. Discard any perishable food (such as meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and leftovers) that have been above 40 °F for 2 hours.

Q. May I refreeze the food in the freezer if it thawed or partially thawed?

A. Yes, the food may be safely refrozen if the food still contains ice crystals or is at 40 °F or below. You will have to evaluate each item separately. Be sure to discard any items in either the freezer or the refrigerator that have come into contact with raw meat juices. Partial thawing and refreezing may reduce the quality of some food, but the food will remain safe to eat. See the attached charts for specific recommendations.

<snip>

Last night on the way home I started thinking about my daughter and our whole dynamic. I was beat and just wanted to read a little and go to bed. But I went upstairs to say hi to both girls and then sat on Carrie's bed and said, "C'mere a minute." (She was at her desk doing homework.) She did and I just put my arms around her and pulled her down next to me to lie there a minute or so." She said, "What's that about?" And I answered, "No special reason. I was just thinking about you earlier and I was thinking about all the reasons I love you and I couldn't wait to get home and give you a big hug."

"I love you, too, Mom."

I got up to go and she said, "DOn't go! Stay here with me, okay? You can read on my bed."

So I did. I got my book and a bottle of water, propped myself on her bed with my book and we sat there without talking---me reading and her doing her homework---until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and said goodnight.

What a sweet story! Hope your work colleagues might keep an open mind now, too.

Yes, he revised the blog to include the info about people who cannot attend but still want to submit a story. I thought that was so cool of him.
Oh, thank you muski and luckiest! I'll have to go back and read the revised blog ~~ funny that I have to be enticed with a blog to go to OFC anymore. I virtually lived there for a while, until I was led to this side of the fence where the grass really is greener!

keepingfaith, I loved your story, and I hope, hope, HOPE you submit it and win. a) cuz you're a sweetie, B) cuz I can boast I 'know' somebody who won, and c) cuz I would looooooooooooooove him to sing the Disney parade version of JTTW and maybe this would inspire him! :lilredani:

<snip>

"I love you, too, Mom."

Muski.... you made me schmoopie... this is a Hallmark moment to remember when the going gets tough!

Just got an email from my DIL. She said there have been a lot of arson fires in the city, probably set cause half the firemen are up north at fires. So, my son and his units have had lots of structure fires to put out even tho they stayed at base. I hope every single one of those arsonists are caught and put in prison for a LONG time.

Toots, my neighbor has been here several years and she said this was the first time this had happened! I was sort of surprised hurricanes hadn't caused some outages. Actually, I have lots of experience with power outages - ice in Greensboro and hurricanes in SC. But I've always been on city water so the water issue was a SHOCK!

We have plenty of coolers and know to keep the fridge closed. I have had to throw food out. In Greensboro, an ice storm left us without power for 3 days! We had a gas grill and I boiled water and cooked a little bit on it. We had a woodstove and used that. But we always had water!!!

jazzgirl, thanks for the tips. I'm gonna copy and save that!

<snip>" Stay here with me, okay? You can read on my bed."

You did a good thing. You gave her a way to let you in.

:wub:

How cool was that?!

I thought it was cool when I saw mention of the thread for questions for Clay and hoped that it meant another chat may be coming - till I saw it wasn't started by admin.

I left a question anyway.

I don't know when the guy will have time to blog or chat or do anything else much before May 4th!!!

Everyone going to the Sedaka thingy, HAVE A BLAST!!!

And blow Clay a kiss from me!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've been quiet today because I've been living on DentalFearCentral.com (pitiful as it is, it makes me feel better that there are so many person much, much, MUCH worse than I) - it didn't even cross my mind that I'm going to have to have someone else drive my butt to the endodontist...and I've sort of accidentally lost the appointment card...and I don't remember the endodontist's name...and I think I may be sabotaging myself but can't seem to stop...sigh...

And my tooth really has stopped hurting, I swear...

I've set up a poll to find out the best time for another FCA chat. The poll is located here.

Deadline for voting will be Thursday, November 1 at 7:59 p.m. Eastern (heh, one minute before Clay appears on AYSTAFG...).

The admins will get together very soon and decide on how long the chat will go each time and the topics.

Meanwhile, I'm throwing things together to leave tomorrow afternoon to visit Minnesota. It sounds like MIL is getting worse, and we need to get up there...and may be up there for a while. Unfortunately, that also means no internet for me. I'll try my best to keep you all posted. I have cell phone numbers for half the people on this board, I should be able to call someone!

ldyj, good wishes to you and hubby. Have a safe trip and hopefully you will be able to spend a little time with MIL.

jazzgirl, thanks for the tips on keeping food during power outages. I'm going to keep that advice for the future.

KAndre, :hugs-1::mallet: :bigemo_harabe_net-24: :15: :8: Good Luck you big baby

I know that he will choose your story if you submit it. I can see him having a big belly laugh over it. Just do it!!! :)

Meanwhile, I'm throwing things together to leave tomorrow afternoon to visit Minnesota. It sounds like MIL is getting worse, and we need to get up there...and may be up there for a while.

Safe travels for you and hubby.

KAndre, I'm glad to read you are going to an endodontist. I hope you will pleasantly surprised and sail through the procedure with just a few pain pills.

ldyj - so sorry to hear about your MIL.... :hugs-1:

:6: Hey, this could be me! At least when the old arthritis isn't acting up... I'm not as talented as some of the folks who have posted some great pics of their knitting, but I still like to do it... I've got a pretty fabulous collection of scarves... BWAH!!

kids... I only have one (if I don't count the one I'm married to)... and since I probably won't win the money kind of lottery, I done good in the kid lottery... he's a good one and I'm pretty darn lucky and proud of him... the little battles we've had really weren't that bad in the big picture... after a point, I was too chicken to have another - figured I'd get Damien to make up for the first one.... so stopped while I was ahead (so to speak)...

KAndre - :hugs-1: to you too... the dentist isn't my favorite person in the word either, but it doesn't stress me out... sorry that it's so sucky for you.... wish I had some good advice, but I imagine you've heard it all already... good luck.... btw - I do love your stories... make me smile a.lot!

Meanwhile, I'm throwing things together to leave tomorrow afternoon to visit Minnesota. It sounds like MIL is getting worse, and we need to get up there...and may be up there for a while. Unfortunately, that also means no internet for me. I'll try my best to keep you all posted. I have cell phone numbers for half the people on this board, I should be able to call someone!

squeeze.gif I'll be thinking of you.

KF, I feel ya... only I don't have a good story to tell. Do it. :)

My doggie just got skunked. LOL! Goodie. Reminded me of Shadow's night "out". Oy!

Ok, one jar of Bloody Mary mix gone... but it seems to have worked pretty well. Mmm, spicy!

:lol: