#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Wow, it's so quiet here this morning, even though we had a concert last night. Here are some recaps from this CB thread:

SizzlePie:

Just getting home from a wonderful concert.... from start to finish, what can I say except *swoon*, *thud*, & *weep*......

He looked wonderful, as is evidenced by the photos others took. I was 6 rows back, Clay was center stage.

The format was slightly different than last year's in that Clay did not banter as much with the audience, instead allowing local Christmas storytellers to share their memories...

He began with "O Come Emmanuel" and encore was "All is Well." He sounded absolutely fabulous and looked great. What more can I say except he brought me to tears, to my feet, and to a night of memories... I was so sad leaving, the echo of the glory note in the air.

Expect his backup singers to sing a bit more than usual -- their voices are stellar.

I did pick up a hat and scarf and so did my friend who went with me. The one thing I notice at each concert is how friendly and kind Claymates are.... what sweet people with a united love....

Can't wait to see him again. If I closed my eyes, you'd swear the CD was on.... he was spot on, perfect notes, spine tinglng tone.... but you all know his spectaular-ness.

God Bless, Clay.... can't wait til Spamalot!

alisonangus:

So I got back a few minutes ago and started crying. It was a mix of sad and happy as I set down my poster, Ivory scarf, and ivory hat. How long have I been waiting.....6 months and all of the magic is over. Didn't mean to be a downer but I really do think this Post Concert Disorder is a true medical condition. Tonight was like a child's first experience at Disney World, or a seat on Santa's lap.

Clay sang beautifully, what else can I say, he's a wonderful man. His true feeling through music is not typical. He feels every meaning of the lyrics every time we hear his voice. His voice was powerful at times, but in great control and rhythm, especially in the faster medleys. Tonight, what else happened? To tell you the truth I really can't answer that. I know that cold temperatures made the crowd feel warm and cozy. Clay is so happy, and he doesn't hide nor fake it. Tonight he gave the crowd a few great heartwarming smiles that proved a flow of happiness during the long never ending standing ovation. His love for Christmas music was not ignored and he let people know that this was a serious time to know what to be grateful for.

My Middle School band teacher was in the orchestra on precussion and we saw him come out of the Kirby while we were impatiently waiting in the handshake line. If you were there, the very few that stood there, I was the one with the poster, hat, and scarf, trying to figure out exactly where Clay would be at that time and I was planning on telling my mom I was in an alleyway. My band teacher told me that unlike last year with the banter and jokes, Clay's main intention was to spread Christmas joy and spirit through gentle and heartwarming music.

During the handshake line, a few brave souls decided to wait in the line(if you can call it that) in twenty degree temperatures. We waited in an alleyway. There was hope but some also said there was no way he'd want to come out. Well I thought that he would have to go to the bus sooner or later. I think I saw Jesse on the streets but I couldn't figure out why he'd be there. Then we saw Durham taken out for a potty run I was assuming. That excited me in ways I never thought possible. But anyway, we waited and we waited. I was happy to get video of the bus with my phone. We probably waited a long time. We were cold, I wasn't though, I had a new scarf and hat. Clay came out and I think I was the first person to scream before everyone followed me. Clay didn't do the handshake however I thought the close wave was enough for me. He looked happy and comfortable. He was wearing glasses still from the concert obviously and he was wearing red pajama pants. It was the closest I'd ever been to him and it was paradise.

riversend22:

Hey y'all. I'm a bit tired but thought i'd give a short recap of tonight's show. This was my first show in a series of 8 that I will be seeing of this tour and I've gotta tell ya...I don't know if his voice will EVER be as PERFECT as it was TONIGHT. I have seen an incredible number of shows (I think i'm coming up on having seen around 70..LOL) and I was blown away tonight by the quality and tonality of his vocals. I am a big music person and I can tell if someone misses a note and Clay did not miss one. In a nutshell, I'm speechless. Tonight, for the first time (for me), Clay Aiken's voice seemed effortless. You could just tell he was singing from his heart and it truly shone through in the final product. Bravo Clay. You proved to me once again that your incredible gift is one of the most precious that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing.

Ok...now onto some details. I thought he looked good. I was in the front row and although the piano was right in front of me and I was VERY close to the stage I had the perfect view of Clay. Matter of fact, he's all I could see..LOL. Long coat, glasses, hair swept off to one side...it actually looked wet to me when he came out. I had heard that they were running a bit behind because the show was earlier tonight so I don't know if he was rushed getting ready or something. But he did look very happy as he was smiling quite a bit during the show. At one point he actually starting giggling and I have no idea who or what he was giggling at...but it was definitely cute.

I will also agree that the lighting guy is a genius. That microphone at the end of All is Well gave me chills. Although I couldn't see the girls sing their solos..their voices soared with beauty and they blew the roof off of the place. I loved it. As far as the stories go, I may need to let them warm up on me. I thought everyone did a great job reading them but I also thought some were a bit on the long side. Despite that though, I still enjoyed them. There was actually one that rang very personal to me and as soon as Clay started singing "I'll be home for Christmas" I started to cry. It was hard for those personal reasons..but the song was beautiful.

I would also like to say that Jesse is a phenonmenal musician. His talent hypnotizes me. I watched him quite a bit playing the piano and I was awe struck at how talented he really is.

Ok, I think those are all the highlights for me. It was a great way to kick off the tour. As I said, I have quite a few more shows to go to, and I can only hope that they will be as great as this first show was.

As they say in Italian...BRAVO!

LynnInNJ:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS SHOW!!!!!

I had the honor of reading my "I'll be Home for Christmas" story again last night....it truly was a blessing and something that i will FOREVER be grateful to Clay for.

My travel mate and I had plans to meet 1/2 way in PA on the way up to Wilkes-Barre (or over, whichever it may be!)

I got the email notification Tuesday am cause i had passed out Monday long before the email came in. But i responded to them that i would love to read my story, but i probably wouldn't be able to make it to rehearsal...a girl's gotta work some time!

The venue was really pretty in a cute little town - and we didn't even get lost - AND we had McD's for dinner....all was well!

We got to the venue at about 6:30pm.........and pretty much went right to our seat....the place seemed big and we were excited to be there......so we sat right down!!!!

We were excited listening to the "lite buzz" about the happenings/questions from the M&G from the women around us.......

The show started a little late but was a 7pm start........AND THEN HE APPEARED......GLASSES CLAY WAS BACK!!!!!!

We had 2nd row Center seats.....GOOD LORD we were close! I didn't bring my camera with me - and although they announced no cameras - obviously some had them.

AND THANK GOD THEY DID - I'M SOOOOO THANKFUL FOR THE CLACK GATHERERS THIS SHOW!!!!! THEY ARE AMAZING!

Luckily, our seats were off to the right of the section a bit........cause we had a PERFECT view of Mr Aiken.....torso up - niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

We actually didn't even realize he had on a long coat - until i saw it backstage during the 2nd half....we would have NEVER known!!! Jesse and the piano were CLOSE,

AND THAT MAN IS A FREAKIN MASTERMIND ON THE PIANO....IT WAS SOOO COOL TO BE UP CLOSE TO WATCH HIM! I think that is what i enjoyed MOST about this show, that i was able to have Jesse AND Clay right in the same view....so i could watch it all...it really was magical!!!!!!!!!

The music was AMAZING - perfection again but not as "perfect" as DC we didn't think.....the sound was a little echoy......no problems at all with his voice...just the sound wasn't as good. However....the Lights??!!! GOOD LORD - they were INCREDIBLE!!!! If you ladies haven't witnessed the SPOTLIGHT yet during the end of All is Well.....LOOK OUT!!!! It's incredible!! Let me know with FREAKIN CHILLS for about an hour after it ended......it really is a spectacular addition! (but makes me miss him RIGHT AWAY!)

I really, really enjoyed the stories this evening from memories of a Dad's videoing of Christmas (we can ALL relate to that funny one!), to the Miracle of Christmas for a baby grandson, to the joys of seeing the Holidays through a 4-years olds eyes......they really are an awesome ACCENT to Clay's musical talents. The girls looked and sounded AWESOME as usual.........QUIANNA DESERVES AN AWARD for WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS....she blows me away everytime!!!!

It's interesting to me that Clay seems like be downplaying a few of the songs now - more so than he did in the first few shows....like Grown Up Christmas List and even I'll be Home for Christmas (which i usually CRY my eyes out during anyway!)........but then on songs like Jingle Bells and others from the Winter Medley - he's really ROCKIN and giving it to us even more!!!! I'M LOVING HOW HE KEEPS EXPERIMENTING AND CHANGIN THINGS UP.....HE'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the recaps, luckiest!

I'm surprised by all the reports of people having difficulty getting into iTunes. I've been able to get in easily anytime last night and this morning.

Could it be the version of iTunes currently installed? I have iTunes 7.5.

I don't have any problem getting into ITunes either. Bought my music, checked for updates to the IPod software and the new updates just finished downloading to my IPod.

All is Well :clap: :

ON CV they are suggesting you leave a rating of the CD since there seems to be some negatives.

Sorry for the birthdays I have missed, I have been sadly painting - or let me see it another way. I have been painting the same doors/windows over and over and it still looks bad. I think I will quit for the holidays and start over with Killz in January.

birthday_60.gif

I'll never understand the mentality of the trolls people who feel the need to trash Clay's music on-line. There are many, many artist's whose sound I don't care for. It wouldn't ever occur to me to go 'review' music I never had any intention of buying. Small, small minds. Sure do wish they'd grow up, or at least find another hobby.

Sorry for the birthdays I have missed, I have been sadly painting - or let me see it another way. I have been painting the same doors/windows over and over and it still looks bad. I think I will quit for the holidays and start over with Killz in January.

Jamar will come help you..she's an expert and doesn't step in the little paint bucket or nothin :cryingwlaughter:

Quick question: did y'all recieve the email that cindilu mentioned last night from the OFC? I'm just curious, because I didn't. And I don't want to jeopardize my email when I get that M&G for Merrillville. :D I've received other emails from them in the past though -- such as when I registered for said M&G. Suggestions? I know dealing with Clique is a PITA.

I'll never understand the mentality of the trolls people who feel the need to trash Clay's music on-line. There are many, many artist's whose sound I don't care for. It wouldn't ever occur to me to go 'review' music I never had any intention of buying. Small, small minds. Sure do wish they'd grow up, or at least find another hobby.

I don't understand it either, it's neverending. There is some serious obsession going on.

Question, if you gift the album does it go to their email and they have to have itunes to play it?

Quick question: did y'all recieve the email that cindilu mentioned last night from the OFC? I'm just curious, because I didn't. And I don't want to jeopardize my email when I get that M&G for Merrillville. :D I've received other emails from them in the past though -- such as when I registered for said M&G. Suggestions? I know dealing with Clique is a PITA.

I got it.

Another way to get into iTunes:
I have been able to get into iTunes by doing an end-around. I open iTunes, tell it thanks for the message that it's busy (click OK) and then search for something, anything. It didn't work right away the first time, but now it does. So I search for Clay Aiken. Then I click on the AIW cover. Now I can navigate using those little tabs that run across the top of the page, except for the little housetop one that leads to the home page. I can get to "pop," "music," and so forth. AIW is #14 on top POP albums. Then I found I could get the home page by clicking, not on the little roof-top icon, but on the link on the left hand side right under the banner that says "iTunes Store."

yaaaay!! :dancingpickle: thanks jmh ! I finally got in!! and now I have it. I had it already on CD but I only ordered 2 and gave one away. I always like to have "backups"! :bounce: I found a copy of MOAM the other day - still in the wrapper!!

I think I need a couple more ATDWs, I gave away all the ones I bought!! I hope they are available at Amazon. I saw one at the Virgin Super Store in SF whenI was there and I should have bought it! I can't remember why I didn't. I was in "just checking to see if they had any" mode, I guess!

:me0:

I didn't get the email either, LdyJ. Obviously that's why nothing of mine ever gets picked! :cryingwlaughter: You know I thought my ATD poem was a serious candidate to win for Valentines Day -- and when I heard the winning poem, I definitely thought mine was better. I never had any hopes for the Christmas story this year ... don't know why, but I just felt like it wasn't what he was looking for from the get-go. M&G's? I've never even applied. I assumed from the beginning that TC doesn't like surprises for M&Gs and that only fans with some history are chosen. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the original hands on deck are the ones picked. I need to sit back and take it easy for a few more years. No expectations make me happy.

Hey, still need to write a recap (yes, I'm still high from the experience)...but I wanted to just mention a random Clay sighting at Target. Over by the Christmas stuff in Target...one of those kiosks that play samples of various albums. One of my daughters pricked up her ears and asked, "Isn't that Clay?" We looked around for the source of the sound, found the kiosk...and naturally had to press Clay's button again to hear the three samples from "Merry Christmas with Love". His album was $9.99 and it appears that the lawsuit-inspiring "security" software has been removed from this new issue. There were only two copies on the shelf and he looked beautiful with his head resting there amid his twinkly lights. My non Clay-fan kid said that his smile looked like he was up to something. heh Oh, yes. He probably is. :)

I agree - I don't find it necessary to post negative things about music I don't care for. I figure it's just a personal preference.

But trolls can be pretty nasty. A couple of people put my Wichita clack up on youtube, and the snippet of the jazzy medley has been viewed over 10,000 times. There are three pages of comments, and a couple of trolls started leaving comments a few days ago. The gay comment is there, as well as talking about Clay as a 'c***sucker.' Yuck!!! I don't know if the person who put the video up can edit comments or not. I'm tempted to contact her to see if she can, but who knows - maybe the trolls woudl just post more if she deleted the comments.

Yes you can delete comments if you put up the video. I try to keep an eye on the you tube stuff I put out there and I have no problem deleting anything nasty.. I would email the person and ask them to do that since it's your video. If they don't want to be bothered then they can just not accept comments.

I agree - I don't find it necessary to post negative things about music I don't care for. I figure it's just a personal preference.

But trolls can be pretty nasty. A couple of people put my Wichita clack up on youtube, and the snippet of the jazzy medley has been viewed over 10,000 times. There are three pages of comments, and a couple of trolls started leaving comments a few days ago. The gay comment is there, as well as talking about Clay as a 'c***sucker.' Yuck!!! I don't know if the person who put the video up can edit comments or not. I'm tempted to contact her to see if she can, but who knows - maybe the trolls woudl just post more if she deleted the comments.

Yes, it is possible to delete inappropriate comments. I do it all the time. When someone writes a coment youtube sends a message to the poster in email. I try to always check the content of the comment and if I don't like like it - it's gone! If you have a youtube account you can send a special message to another youtube member. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And if they post more - I delete more! :)

You are better off putting you own video up there, you can edit the comments that way and I do ALL the TIME!.

I heard that a certain JP has put up video and linked from hios blog - and that just invites those comments - so why not request that the video be taken down since it is yours, and put it up yourself or let me put it up for you since I patrol the comments all the time and when I find it linked from questionable places I takle downthe link abilities for 5 days and then restore it. it is kind of like a job.

Yes you can delete comments if you put up the video. I try to keep an eye on the you tube stuff I put out there and I have no problem deleting anything nasty.. I would email the person and ask them to do that since it's your video. If they don't want to be bothered then they can just not accept comments.

And if they don't want to do it, then they should take your video down. JMO of course.

keepingfaith, I don't think your theory about M&G selection is (I don't want to say valid, but can't think of another word). I've read many, many recaps from people who were new to the fandom, and heard reports of people who don't post anywhere, including the OFC message board and are chosen. I have to believe it's random. But on the other side of the coin, it wouldn't surprise me if some names were tossed after the random part. *g*

I know that there are many names I've read repeatedly, but I believe they come from stub-hubs and such, and sheer willingness to pay for the privilege of a few minutes with the man. Or maybe it just seems like I read them often since they also have tales of endless, fabulous first row seats. *g*

I read a post the other day from the darling Diva about her reasoning for not getting a M&G: her avatar at the OFC is her beloved kitty cat. Well then, I've got the same damn problem, because my avatar there is my beloved cat Spot. I guess Diva and I could just sit in the corner and eat Cheez Doodles. *g*

But I'm going to break that...that...jinx, though -- and win a M&G this time! I know it! [/probably delusional but trying to keep the Dale Carnegie "power of positive thinking" still alive]

I had fun working on my Clay calendar last night, pulling wallpapers from several talented artists together. I'll share my album when I'm done.

hollysmile2.gif

You are better off putting you own video up there, you can edit the comments that way and I do ALL the TIME!.

I heard that a certain JP has put up video and linked from hios blog - and that just invites those comments - so why not request that the video be taken down since it is yours, and put it up yourself or let me put it up for you since I patrol the comments all the time and when I find it linked from questionable places I takle downthe link abilities for 5 days and then restore it. it is kind of like a job.

play - I must have overlooked it, but where do you find if it's linked from questionable sources? I have like 25 videos up there and I've never found that.

On a lighter note..... here's the banner I made for next week!! yahoo.gif

gallery_1027_32_21769.jpg

I made a wider one at first, but the show thru lettering didn't work so well, so I'll be using that one on my own web site!!

falasmiley.gifnodding.gif

KF - thanks for all the fabulous gifs!!!!

I know that there are many names I've read repeatedly, but I believe they come from stub-hubs and such, and sheer willingness to pay for the privilege of a few minutes with the man. Or maybe it just seems like I read them often since they also have tales of endless, fabulous first row seats. *g*

Yeah, I agree. I know it can be a little disheartening to read about some who seem to have been to multiple meet and greets, but I think it's often because 1) they go to a lot of concerts, and thus increase their chances to win, and 2) they've paid for Stub Hub M&G's. However, as cindilu2 pointed out, there are also many first-timers including quite a few who never really post. We just tend to hear from the ones who post quite often.

Yeah, I agree. I know it can be a little disheartening to read about some who seem to have been to multiple meet and greets, but I think it's often because a) they go to a lot of concerts, and thus increase their chances to win, and B) they've paid for Stub Hub M&G's. However, as cindilu2 pointed out, there are also many first-timers including quite a few who never really post. We just tend to hear from the ones who post quite often.

I never thought posting had anything to do with the picking of M&G winners (other than to eliminate some people), but I just figured newbies wouldn't be picked. They can see how long somebody's been at OFC and I thought they would consider that. I can see how they might be more interested in non-posters or low posters of longstanding, thinking they may be less inclined to be OTT. I assumed that a lot of non-posters join OFC exclusively for the M&G and pre-sale opportunities. Like me. I don't know how I got hooked on the damned message board!!!! Oh yeah, like hell I don't!

Deby17.jpg