#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

I finally got a chance to scan the cards they were handing out at the Warner Theatre on Sunday night!!

Here it is!!

CITHpostcard.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I was there but did not get one. They were all gone. :cry4: I found somebody at CV that is sending me one.

I got a couple of extras, if anyone else wants one!

I can't get into the iTunes store at all. "The store may be busy. Try again later."

itunes.jpg

This isn't a one-day thing is it????

No. It'll be around from now on. We just kind of overwhelmed them, I guess. Hee.

Well, Yee Haw! I think we should consider these leatherette items to be a shout-out to FCA and our unofficial mascot: :thdom2:

:cryingwlaughter:

Clay blogs to go to iTunes and buy AIW and then the iStore fucking burns to the ground. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Well, kf, obviously Clive conspired with iTunes to destroy any chance Clay had of actually selling more of the EP! You know the last thing he wants is for Clay to be successful! <snark>

Does it make me a bad Clay fan that I am not buying it? I mean, I already have it and I already have it my iTunes. So despite his pleas, I am not buying it again.

No matter how CUTE he may be!

Whynot? Well, a lot of software does not run in my computer with all the spy bot checkers and stuff. The desk top is old and I am not sure I want to infect my lapt top with Itunes. I wish there was a way of getting it with out the spybots or the processing control.

hey, my lap top takes the first 15 minutes after I start it up trying to reinstall Vango, which I deleted and I won't let it reinstall, but it really really wants to do it.

Has everyone seen these zippy pix from Kalamazoo??

and I just watched the slowandeasy vid of AIW - that was some light show at the end! Too bad Clay ducked out, it would have been great for him to be there when the lights came back to the mic. I always want to see him longer - he always leaves too soon!!

Yeah - what's Vango?? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey, CG, it's only 4 bucks. Why not? He is awfully CUTE, isn't he?? I gotta draw the line at $10 bookmarks though. :cryingwlaughter:

question, Im just curious..can you buy multiple downloads LOL. How do you buy a download for another person? I have itunes so usually things just go straight there on the few tiems I do actually buy something all legal like

As cute as he is..and that blog was damn cute, I have to pass too for this week. I have hundreds of dollars worth of Clay related stuff to purchase in the next few weeks all while trying to buy a few cheap trinkets for the fam :cryingwlaughter: .. I'm actually cancelling a doctor's appt tomorrow and digging in my mom's drug bag so I don't have to pay a $10 copay for a doctors visit and another $10 to buy the medicine I know they're going to give me anyway. I will talk it up to Christmas music lovers and Clay fans that i know though because IMO it's the best thing he's ever recorded. It's absolutely perfect.

I would like to buy for friends next week if somebody can tell me if that's even possible. I totally want that bookmark.. I hope they bought a lot of them cuz that has to wait too.

Sorry, not vango, Vongo - the computer phone system that takes up a large part of you hard drive and I don't swee the point if you have a cell where you don't use all your allocated minuutes anyway. I am not calling Europe, so don't need it and it won't leave my computer. Stupid software. Some day I will find a way to crackit.

Figures, I shut down for the night last night. This morning, I hit "view new posts" and the very first post I see is "CLAY BLOGGED!!!!!" :cryingwlaughter: God, I love him.

Does it make me a bad Clay fan that I am not buying it? I mean, I already have it and I already have it my iTunes. So despite his pleas, I am not buying it again.

No matter how CUTE he may be!

No, of course not. However, I wish there was some way that I, as a Canadian, could buy it through the US store. It's been available in our Canadian store for months already, so buying it there isn't going to make as much of an impact. CG, if you can figure out how to gift it to me, I will pay you for a copy. Can someone explain the gifting feature? Because I remember, after ATDW came out, that if you bought multiple copies for yourself, it didn't count, but if you bought multiple copies as gifts, it did. Yeah, I found out the hard way. :cry4:

ETA: On my iTunes, right under the "Buy Album" button, there is a "Gift This Music" link. Seems pretty simple to gift to a friend. For Claynadians, there is AIW for $3.96, but there are two listings for MCWL, one $9.99 and one $5.94. Both are exactly the same - that's a darn good deal!

ETAA: OK I'll just keep editting as I go along, since no one else seems to be up yet! This is a post from CH in regards to the multiple purchases issue, from a discussion with Fred Bronson of Billboard:

The question of how iTunes counts purchases and whether they count sales if you download a track more than once has been discussed a few times, and we had always been told that iTunes counted only one purchase per account, no matter how many times you downloaded a track. Well, it seems we were told wrong.

ITunes does count multiple downloads of the same track as separate purchases, unless you go and download the same song or album a hundred times, then that is seen as an attempt at chart rigging and is thrown out, but it turns out that type of mass purchase would also be thrown out by any retailer selling physical albums.

And this is from last night's M&G, from clayskater at CB via CV:

"I was at the meet and greet tonight and Clay asked us to spread the word regarding taking pictures at concerts. In addition to not using flash, he's asking that we cover the red or blue flashing camera light with tape. He says that little light is VERY distracting to everyone on stage. Please let everyone know of Clay's request as he specifically asked us to pass this information on to you."

I'm still having trouble getting into iTunes this morning (probably need to reboot my computer, which I'll do when I shut down to go to work in an hour), but I can "gift" people. Just PM me.

Very cool review....

The Citizen Voice

Aiken Delivers Holiday Greetings

Aiken delivers holiday greetings

BY KAYLEE ZIOLKOWSKI

STAFF WRITER

12/05/2007

WILKES-BARRE ­— Clay Aiken packed a punch with a score of passionate holiday favorites during his “Christmas in the Heartland” before a packed crowd at the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts in Wilkes-Barre on Tuesday night.

Sporting his modern long-coat suit and thin-rimmed frames, Aiken opened his first set with “O Come O Come Emmanuel,” hitting his signature high notes and falsettos.

Aiken sang several medleys containing a somber mix of traditional seasonal favorites, including “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” and “O Holy Night.” He also livened the mood with a jazz ensemble of Christmas hits including “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” and “Jingle Bells.”

Aiken’s back-up singers, Kiana Parlor and Angela Fisher, sported black, flamenco-inspired gowns and provided solo hits including “Where Are You Christmas” and “Who Would Imagine A King.”

Between songs, Aiken chose to bring a different vibe to his holiday concert by inviting audience members on stage to share their favorite holiday memories. In the months prior to the show, fans submitted their stories to his Web site, with the top four being selected. Stories included a parent’s war romance, a childhood Christmas tree, a Christmas infant miracle and a Christmas morning film tradition.

Aiken told the audience he wanted his fans to share their favorite holiday memories to help everyone remember the meaning of this time of year.

“My favorite holiday memory is being able to share this concert with everyone,” Aiken said.

Aiken was accompanied by the Lee Vincent Holiday Orchestra, comprised of musicians from the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic, as well as symphonies from Allentown and Binghamton, N.Y.

Before concluding his final number, he urged audience members to support the local arts community, and challenged them to appreciate each other all year round, not just during the holidays.

“Encourage children in your area to become involved,” Aiken said. “The arts community is important, and so is your family, don’t let them forget it.”

kziolkowski@citizensvoice.com, 570-821-2062

Good Morning Everyone,

About 2-3 inches of snow on the ground this morning; looks pretty but I hate having to go out and shovel and clean the car off. Stay safe, everyone traveling.

17 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

20 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

33 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

44 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

playbiller, are you talking Vonage (the phone service) or Vongo (the "pay to get movies downloaded" software)? I am guessing it is the second, because I did a search for Vongo, and found a thread at cnet to remove the program from HP laptops. Is that what you have?

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102-0.htm...threadID=201778

Scroll down for the instructions....

Topic: I'm sure Mr. "I love my MacBook" doesn't have problems like this. *g*

Well, I love my Macbook, too! :cryingwlaughter:

Ah...another day in Clay LaLa Land! Today I do a whirlwind tour of mucho hotels here--so many in such a short amount of time I'll probably forget the first one as soon as I see the third one! :huh:

It's supposed to be 70 degrees here today, according to ye olde Weather Channel! This, after freezing in Memphis yesterday! Oh, I wish you guys could see how this hotel is decorated! There's a room on the lobby floor that's actually made of real gingerbread---a real Gingerbread House! Carrie would have a field day!

(Hmmmm...I just looked out the window and people seem to be bundled up quite nicely---70, eh? <_< )

I'm so Mr. Aiken's woman! Of COURSE I downloaded another copy of AIW! I was going to gift the whole EP to a couple of friends not on the boards, but figured they'd probably enjoy having the actual CD more.

Have a great day, FCA pals! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(This post has been brought to you by Exclamation Marks 'R Us!!!!!!!!)

playbiller, are you talking Vonage (the phone service) or Vongo (the "pay to get movies downloaded" software)? I am guessing it is the second, because I did a search for Vongo, and found a thread at cnet to remove the program from HP laptops. Is that what you have?

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102-0.htm...threadID=201778

Scroll down for the instructions....

Thanks, it is Vongo, I thought it was the phone, never used it, will use it less knowing it is movies. I hate hate hate that it is a pain in the butt to get rid of. They must have paid Micrsosoft quite a bit to get imbedded so hard.

Tomorrow is concert day for me. EEEEE Must get money from bank and set clothes aside to see Clay.

I just got into itunes through google and once there went to music... advanced search... entered Clay Aiken in Artist and All Is Well in Title (or something like that) and it went right to it and I bought and downloaded with no problem. Took me 2 minutes.

First however, I tried to get into istore thru my installed itunes and I got the message that it couldn't be accessed and to try again later... so maybe the problem is the istore connection and not itunes itself if that makes any sense.

Another way to get into iTunes:

I have been able to get into iTunes by doing an end-around. I open iTunes, tell it thanks for the message that it's busy (click OK) and then search for something, anything. It didn't work right away the first time, but now it does. So I search for Clay Aiken. Then I click on the AIW cover. Now I can navigate using those little tabs that run across the top of the page, except for the little housetop one that leads to the home page. I can get to "pop," "music," and so forth. AIW is #14 on top POP albums. Then I found I could get the home page by clicking, not on the little roof-top icon, but on the link on the left hand side right under the banner that says "iTunes Store."