#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

Not high tension... just looking for clarification. And I got it, so thanks to all three of you.

I like specifics... generalizations can be so very misconstrued. And honestly, it's hard to give the benefit of any doubt when you don't know what or who anyone is talking about.

As I said re: the recap:

If you read it, well then, that's your opinion and that's fine.

I was just saying where I agree or not with you... you don't have to agree with me. I'm just giving my POV. It's all good.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass.

I'm listening to the concert... I just don't go to the threads... Not much changes from night to night, so I can only say, "Clay's singing" so many times. LOL!

I'm listening to the concert... I just don't go to the threads... Not much changes from night to night, so I can only say, "Clay's singing" so many times. LOL!

You? A pain the ass? Nevah!

I have no problem with the girl's report whatsoever. Her feelings are her feelings. Her interpretations are hers and she has a right to them. It's the fallout that I can't stand. This used to be so common place when meet and greets were done the old way. I guess I should be grateful this is the first time in a long time this has happened.

Soooo... off to buy cuddleduds LOL.

jmh, liney and bottlecap, thank you so much for answering my request for pictures of the cute man. They really did make me feel better....

....and cindilu, thank you so much for the widescreen version of the "glasses" wallpaper. My laptop is now very happy....

As for the M&G thing -- I guess my workday is really affecting my feelings on this, because I'm really like "what-evah!" over the whole thing. It just seems like a big brouhaha over nothing, really.

But then, that's just me.

Yes couchie, there really isn't any way to judge their job performance, per se. The one section that really causes a big commotion is the section called "Community." Basically -- do you live, sleep, eat and poop your job? If so, they want you. If not, forget it. Except -- that in my mind, NO ONE does that. And if they do, they really have no lives, and that bugs me. Yet, we have to "judge" people on that.

I'm too lazy to look, but whomever had the bad library experience today -- I'm sorry you didn't get to talk to a supervisor. That's not customer service.

My internet connection has been all wonky for the last 4 days. They're coming tomorrow to fix it!! Wooo Hoooo!!

I tried to catch up by speed reading here, but I'm not sure if I caught it all. Am I understanding correctly? Clay confiscated someone's bunny ears in the M&G and Clive got mad about it and now won't let Clay release a single to the radio off the unrecorded album and now Clay's pissed and isn't doing M&G's anymore?

Sheesh, I just don't understand the music industry.

RedBankCITH1.jpg

**gulp** Yes, sir, Mr. Aiken. I'm ready for my spanking now. :hubbahubba:

I tried to catch up by speed reading here, but I'm not sure if I caught it all. Am I understanding correctly? Clay confiscated someone's bunny ears in the M&G and Clive got mad about it and now won't let Clay release a single to the radio off the unrecorded album and now Clay's pissed and isn't doing M&G's anymore?

BWAH...that about sums it up.

this fandom is crazy...one section wants to blame Clay for everything...one section wants to blame RCA for everything...can;t they just chill??? What's to get stressed about anyway???

:word:

Her interpretations are hers and she has a right to them. It's the fallout that I can't stand. This used to be so common place when meet and greets were done the old way. I guess I should be grateful this is the first time in a long time this has happened

:word:

See, I don't even have to talk. Hee.

YSRN :friends: FCA :friends:

My internet connection has been all wonky for the last 4 days. They're coming tomorrow to fix it!! Wooo Hoooo!!

RedBankCITH1.jpg

BWAH!!! Score!!!!!!!

RedBankCITH1.jpg

Hee.

I'll let you whip me if I misbehave.

I think if I do get that meet and greet, I'm just gonna ask him what kind of tree he'd be. Sans the Baba Wawa accent of course. *g* I'm thinking Giant Redwood.
:cryingwlaughter:

Had a second interview today... I still consider it a long shot but I guess the odds are better now then they were after the first interview.

Congratulations on passing the first hurdle!

Fans always seem to want to get to know Clay...but at times they cannot handle the reality of his humanity.

Reality Bites!

Interesting juxtaposition between:

Have I mentioned that I think some fans should get a life and stay the hell out of Clays'?

and

Basically -- do you live, sleep, eat and poop your job? If so, they want you. If not, forget it. Except -- that in my mind, NO ONE does that.

You forgot about Clay fans. The "enthusiastic" ones who consider Clay their job.

"Some" fans are those who pass judgment on Clay and try to run his life and criticize what they read or believe (usually based on nothing).

Just to clarify.

Well, I don't know a single person who doesn't pass judgement on people or criticize people. Heaven knows we all do it here to each other! So I think it is just human nature to do it to Clay. Clay isn't immune to this - nor to being pissy, in a bad mood, in a good mood, tired, grumpy, bored - whatever.

In other words - he's human!

See we ARE twins! I have often been told I am a pain in the ass! ;)

Wow, couchie musta hung out with muski tonight... two almost smuts in a row!

:clap:

Heh! Except I wanna misbehave with glasses!redhairedforeheadman! up there! I suppose once I get the glasses off and his hair all mussed up THEN you'll be interested... :lol:

Wow, couchie musta hung out with muski tonight... two almost smuts in a row!

:clap:

Heh! Except I wanna misbehave with glasses!redhairedforeheadman! up there! I suppose once I get the glasses off and his hair all mussed up THEN you'll be interested... :lol:

Just get the glasses off him and I'll take care of the rest! B)

And couchie - you did too smut!

Adding to it might also be the fact that Clay doesn't know if RCA will push a single to radio -- you know on an album that's not even recorded yet.

:cryingwlaughter: You have a lovely flair for cutting straight to the obvious with aplomb. Thank you.

this fandom is crazy...one section wants to blame Clay for everything...one section wants to blame RCA for everything...can;t they just chill??? What's to get stressed about anyway???

Well, it sounds like I was the fortunate one being away from those other boards all day. I'm almost curious to go look around to see who's saying what ... but naaaaaaaaah. From the synopses I've read here, am I to conclude that a wide swath of the fandom is in a frenzy to lay blame for something fairly meaningless? Something they don't know about, didn't participate in, but are, nevertheless, worked into a lather over? All the while leaping willy-nilly to conclusions, and getting contusions, and making accusations, or angsting and fretting? Oh the tragedy of fretting! Well, seriously, unless I've missed some damning facts, I see this as some world-class sweating of the small stuff. Guinness Book material. Like, maybe the fandom should have been on Paxil.

I actually have just one comment to make on the matter. I am the biggest fan in the world of couchie and ansa and ldyj and KAndre, and Everyone here at FCA!

You? A pain the ass? Nevah!

<snip>.

Soooo... off to buy cuddleduds LOL.

BWAH! to YSRN re: cellcert thread commentary! BWAH!

And to Couchie...er....what the HELL are cuddleduds, woman? And what's up for dinner tomorrow night? :lilredani:

And re: this whole M&G mess? I don't know about a second recap. I did read the one by the person who got her notes taken away and got the impression that she just took it as snarky ass Clay. Didn't sound like she was ready to sue the man or anything. :) When I read it, the way she told it sounded just like something Clay would say and do, to tell you the truth! Lord, he's said and done stuff like that on stage to Q&A, Jesse and people in the audience! :lmaosmiley-1:

Bunny ears? Bunny fuckin' ears? WTF? Did she have a cotton tail, too, that she wanted to hold on his butt?

Wait a minute... :blink:

....that's not a bad idea :DoClay:

Ah ha, muski!!!

That's why so many are mad! They're just sorry they didn't think of it first (even if the plot did fail..)!

I reading back over the M&G recaps that were brought over here and there really was only one thing that Clay said that really pissed me off.

What the hell does he mean there will be clothes over his tights in Spamalot?????????????

Now that is something get angry about!

LOL! I'm pretty sure that girl just wanted a picture with rabbit ears (you know, fingers up in a peace sign behind his head -- or hers; it wasn't clear) and he said no for some reason. I don't think she had like furry bunny ears to attach to his head. :lol: