#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

KAndre clutches her precious MCWL in one hand and her bloody spork in the other...

Back, you heathens! That includes you, Clay! Back, I say!

Hey, I got my Xmas album, thankyewverymuch! It's called Merry Christmas With Love and he's never, EVER getting it back! BWAH HA HA HA!

I'll buy the new one too through.

KAndre,

Where can I buy a bloody spork so I can join in battle with you? Finally someone spoke up as to exactly how I feel. I have a lot of Christmas Albums and MCWL is my number one favorite. I love that Clay sings the songs traditionally. I dislike when artists distort the traditional carols. Even my friends who do not particularly care for our BF think that MCWL is beautiful and beautifully sung.

I got my Christmas album also, but I will buy the new one too. It will be tough for the new one to top MCWL though!

I haven't been to any Broadway shows in ages, but I do remember being very annoyed once with a mid-performance standing O. It was for Bette Davis and she had a bit part cameo in a drama. The first time she walked on the audience applauded loudly and, what I minded more, she broke the "fourth wall" and acknowledged it.

As for making a part "your own", Julie Andrews always gave a little Cockney nod to 'Liza Doolittle from "My Fair Lady" when she was playing Guinevere in "Camelot". I didn't care for it, but most of the audience loved it.

So, I would guess there are precedents for most anything Clay does!

I believe that the cast would rather put up with Clay fans than have the show close. If it were MacBeth or To Kill a Mocking Bird, I would worry more, but come on - we're talking Monty Python here.

So it's probably best to leave one's especially large and resonate coconut shells at home, huh? I guess Sir Robin will be able to make his own horsey noises. :ph34r:

bottlecap...if we can hear Clay's Sir Robin's especially large coconuts resonating from up on stage, he really might have problem with over excited fans...

current weather conditions ---> :15:

Just had to come with a little eeeeeeeeehhhhhhh for my New York Times which I picked up from Chapters last night....$9.00!! Holy Gawd!!

Heh, that has to win the prize for the most expensive NYT purchase. I thought mine was bad, but it was "only" $8.40. :lol:

Oh yup, mine too actually...I included the tax! Most I've ever paid in my life for a paper...but it also had a reeeelly cool magazine in it, and a travel article I'm sending to my son the adventurer :lol:

so I guess I sort of got my money's worth. Not that even without the other stuff I wouldn't have bought it just for Clay! :wub:

I saw Carol Channing in "Hello, Dolly" and the audience cheered every single time she came on stage. She finally stopped the show and said "if you don't quit doing that, we will be here forever".

Another time I saw Richard Harris in "Camelot". He mucked up his lines, turned to the audience and said "aint live theater grand?"

Well I know that not all those who are going post on boards (and by default that probably eliminates them from the crazy pool anyway *g*), and even all those who are on the boards aren't necessarily on the representing lists. But given what I've seen - the 'board' portion of any given audience is minimal. I'm not worried. And that really is the last time I'm posting about it. Pinkie swear.

heartfelt applause or ovation for a great performance...great

Noisy catcalls and screaming to attract Clay's attention or to make sure he knows he has fans in the audience...hope not!!!

Only time I was in Broadway was in 1988...I was in New York for a month getting my student visa for Canada...and I would go to every show, matinee or night performance that I could find discount tickets for...I ended up going to 7 shows and mostly those that have been there forever like Chorus line and Cats. Most of the audience were tourists by this time and I noticed that most people attending shows were a bit in awe of being at a Broadway show...I know I was and people were always mindful of how to act. But most of the the people were there to see the whole show...the only show I saw with a "celebrity" owas Joan Rivers in a Neil Simon play...she wasn't really exceptional but she got a polite bigger applause in the end. I believet the cast and audience would expect a different response to Clay by the audience since he is a celebrity. I do think this casting may attract people that have seen the show before purely for curiosity sake.

ldyJ...not really very worried about the audience reaction affecting Clay's career. I think at most it could be embarrassing for him and make him feel a bit uncomfortable specially if he is pretty conscious about the uneven amount of attention being given to him. I just want this experience to be really great for him and if we can help in some way by cooperating with the no clack call and being respectful and considerate for the audience and the whole cast...then it would make the whole experience smoother.

Hmmm...

when the eHP was in NYC last time, we went to a Broadway show.

We did stand up and dance - but it was Mama Mia! I think it was required!

We dressed up a little, but hell, we are tourists. I don't try to pretend I'm not.

And I live for overdressing!

Though I admit we were more concerned about finding dessert after the show.

We are very fond of dessert.

Lord help me. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: A week from now I'll be freezing my ass off and getting ready to go see my boyfriend. I'm finally able to actually think about this and look forward to it. Oh wait the show isn't until Wednesday... so I'll exploring a giant mall. And although I said I'd do all my Xmas shopping there I'm pretty much done..having done most of it online.

I'm personally going to go to Spamalot and just cheer the hell out of everyone because I'm so damn grateful that Clay is going to be on Broadway. Usually, the time for cheering at a Broadway show is during the curtain calls, so we can show Clay the love then.

Lord help me. :cryingwlaughter:

I forgot to tell you that Scarlett wants to go to The Melting Pot for lunch Wednesday since it's a few blocks from the hotel. We almost got thrown out the last time we ate at one. Either we were too loud or our conversation was too suggestive. Hey, the waiter had on some NICE PANTS.

Is anyone from here going??

Dumb Question :cryingwlaughter:

How about the eHP?

As for dessert.......well my middle name is chocolate or it should be!!

I have been off line for 2 days again. I called the wonderful Comcast people who fixed it again! Talk about withdrawal! Did I miss anything?

Is anyone from here going??

Dumb Question :cryingwlaughter:

How about the eHP?

As for dessert.......well my middle name is chocolate or it should be!!

I have been off line for 2 days again. I called the wonderful Comcast people who fixed it again! Talk about withdrawal! Did I miss anything?

not much...been relatively quiet in clay nation :whistling-1:

Hi, All!

I haven't been around for a few days.

But I did have a miracle drop in my lap . . .

I got to go to Poughkeepsie!!!

It was wondermous!

My pictures of Clay are mostly pictures of dark suits with a white blob for a head! I need a setting tutorial!

But here are a few that I fiddled with.

Clickity Clack . . .

th_IMG_3118BW.jpg

th_IMG_3120BW.jpg

th_IMG_3121.jpg

th_IMG_3123.jpg

th_IMG_3124.jpg

Hi, All!

I haven't been around for a few days.

But I did have a miracle drop in my lap . . .

I got to go to Poughkeepsie!!!

It was wondermous!

My pictures of Clay are mostly pictures of dark suits with a white blob for a head! I need a setting tutorial!

But here are a few that I fiddled with.

th_IMG_3120BW.jpg

th_IMG_3123.jpg

Very cool Cotton! I'm glad you had a fantastic time, and I really like these two pictures. Thanks!

saw this posted on CH....Does this mean that NOW Clay's "on" the chain? hep? cool? fashizzle? (sp?)...Bwah!

Contra Costa Times

People

AND THE AWARD FOR BEING THE HOTTEST THING ON THE INTERNET GOES TO ... Clay Aiken. Yes, no matter how many folks are out there feverishly chasing down tidbits about Britney Spears' underpants, she has not been the most-searched-for term on Lycos, the search engine announced Monday.

That distinction goes to "American Idol" runner-up Aiken. Late rapper Tupac Shakur came in second and Spears was third.

~~~~~

Columbus Dispatch.com

They Lycos; they really Lycos

Another day, another year-end list. This one comes from the search engine Lycos, which says Britney Spears was its third-most-searched term in 2007 and the No. 1 most-searched woman on the site. Dubious as the honor might be, even more fascinating is that former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken was the engine's most-searched man in 2007. Aiken topped the likes of Tupac Shakur (No. 2) and pretty boy Zac Efron (No. 7).

The Lycos list is being picked up by quite a few online sites........

Clay's always been cool in my book!

Cotton, I like B&W pics, and when the subject is our boyfriend, they can't help but be good pics! Thanks for sharing.

Hey, ldyj, do I remember correctly that you play in a bell choir? Someone sent me this link to the 'Raleigh Ringers' playing 'Carol of the Bells', and it's pretty amazing. I thought you might enjoy it:

Carol of the Bells

Clay's always been cool in my book!

Cotton, I like B&W pics, and when the subject is our boyfriend, they can't help but be good pics! Thanks for sharing.

Hey, ldyj, do I remember correctly that you play in a bell choir? Someone sent me this link to the 'Raleigh Ringers' playing 'Carol of the Bells', and it's pretty amazing. I thought you might enjoy it:

Carol of the Bells

Wow that was great!!! pretty energetic show...thanks for the clip.