#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

I'm not even arguing content because I have yet to read it...just that one line that jumped out at me and my feelings about reviewers and why I pre-judge them.

Ahhhh! Couchie! You're doing a review of a show without having actually SEEN the show!

:whistling-1: :lmaosmiley-1: :naughtywag::cryingwlaughter:

HA HA! Now that's funny!

Whatever....something just struck me....I remember a friend of mine who came over to FCA when I told her about how refreshing it was to be somewhere there wasn't endless 'tension'...and at first she was put off by the 'aura' of the board that to her seemed too homogenous. She felt that so much of the posts, regardless of the author, were in agreement of things---mostly positive---and that if she expressed her opinion, which was not always rosy, she'd not 'fit in'.

Now it's more like real life---there's no consensus, really---just a lot of opinions. I'm hoping we can find room for all of them and not become a bickering board. God knows there's enough bickering elsewhere online and in our professional and personal real lives to want to set up camp with it here.

I dunno - I've always seen a lot of opinions - they may have only been posted once a day. I don't think we've always been 'rosy' - hell, anyone who's read any of my posts hopefully notices that at least one out of every five is whiny or bitchy or contrary or sarcastic - and everyone claims to love me anyway. Of course, I'm special.

It's always been like real 'board' life - the "WOO HOO, this is our special board and we can run around and say what we want and not get smacked" phase, the "everyone's a mod or admin and if they're not, we'll draft them!" phase, the "semi-lemming" phase (hey, if we all agree, we all agree. It happens sometimes.), the "total anarchy until stilletos come stomping around" phase (not that that has happened yet but I'm looking forward to it!), the "annihilation of the troll" phase, the "let's poke each other with sticks because mom/couchie/ansa/kandre's not looking" phase (though we are - as long as no one loses an eye, we're cool with it). All I can say (like I always say) - try not to start defensively. We promise to hold off the "peasants with torches and pitchforks storming your position" until Halloween.

I've always thought the "professional" reviews that disagreed with me sucked, and that the so-called journalist who wrote it was a cretin, beginning back in 1984 when Jeff Millar, movie reviewer of the Houston Chronicle (he also co-writes the Tank McNamara cartoon strips) declared Purple Rain was a horrible movie and for some unknown reason lots of prebubescent girls mistakenly thought Prince was talented - and the soundtrack was horrible. If I could have egged his car, I would have. Of course, he confirmed all my beliefs about him when he wrote this rambling article about how he wanted a child when he was like 45 and married someone who had already had all the children she had planned to have and didn't see why people frowned upon his belief that he should be able to impregnate some healthy, attractive twenty-something, control her totally while she was pregnant (for his baby's sake, and give her money to go away afterward. He said he really couldn't see why women had such total control over the whole pregnancy thing. I wrote him at that point, explaining to him what a complete and total pig he was, and ended with the comment that the day he could die giving birth was the day he could have a say in the matter. I was a tad pissed. But I admit, he gave me a distate for reviewers that I have yet to overcome, unfair as that may be. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Spamalot clack? Clay's stance does make a difference to me...but bad as it might be, not a total shut down. Twenty years from now, I want video of Clay's first turn on Broadway for his (my) retrospective. It's like Clay's first video - I love it. Should have been done to I Survived You, but I love the look, the attitude, the beauty. I hate that it got put up to You Tube (I tend to dislike You Tube anyway because the quality is so poor). I wish there was someway of having it so Clay would not be angry or embarrassed and any rules he requested to make this work enforced.

Lastly, (yeah, y'all thought I would never get to the end, huh?) on MCWL, I am another who simply loves the traditional arrangements in my Xmas music - and right now, Clay's recorded version fits in beautifully with Nat and Bing and the Temptations and Perry and the Vienna Boys Choir and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Jackson 5 - the choir arrangments he dislikes makes it good for my family to sing along, or have playing in the background. It just says "Christmas" to me. Now, if he wants to put in "Celebrate Me Home" in a new CD, I will kiss him all over. I promise. So far, I am totally indifferent to WTOW - I'm sure it may grow on me.

Well I think I give folks a lot of credit on this issue. Like I said in the other thread it's good Clay said something now and people can get used to the idea. And I really see nothing wrong with anyone expressing disappointment at this juncture. But I think I know GBB and EVa well enough to know that Clay has spoken and they will honer that. Frankly for me that cuts off the head of the clack distribution. Is it the only distribution point? No, but the massive quantities of clack that flows through this fandom will not be available. Good on those that will not watch anything if it gets out. I honestly can't say the same. I have a whole bunch of ill gotten gained clack and doubt I'll turn my back on anything I come across. I really feel for those that will not be able to see this show.

And on to another subject - I bask in the joy as well but when it comes to my community members I'd rather hear what you have to say. I will never turn a deaf ear to you. Sometimes it's hard to be on a the minority side of something and not think everyone is attacking you. I've never much cared that I'm agreed with. This Spamalot issue will be a prime example. I understand everyone's opinion on the issue and really won't take to heart any manner of bad fan anaology thrown my way. Of course that's speaking hypothetically because I can't read the future and don't know how all of this will turn out. Just hope we don't start having new sets of fan lists.

Happy Monday folks.

I've done a good deal of reading both here in this thread and the concert thread both last night and this morning, and in a way, I'm more confused than ever.

Most of you know me as an "EEEEEE" kind of gal. I do tend to like almost everything Clay Aiken does, and yeah, I think I would probably pay decent money (up to and including $100 *g*) to see and hear Clay read the phone book. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so, I think it just makes it a "different" thing. So when I read things from fans that I see as focusing on the negatives -- it DOES make me sad and it harshes my buzz a bit.

OTOH....

I might get bored after 10 minutes of Clay reading the phone book. I don't ALWAYS do what he says. And I frequently can't justify the money to see Clay as much as I want (I say, as I'm getting ready to take a package deal that costs more than I can afford for the Merrillville show). If my board life was all EEEE all the time, IMO it wouldn't be realistic. I've always thought that board life is a microcosm of real life, and I tend to try and be realistic as possible, while allowing for an occasional splurge (see: said package deal).

As for hypocritical stances, or impartiality of reviewers -- I guess I just think that no one is free from hypocracy (again, see my purchasing the package deal), and no one can be totally impartial. To me, that's simply human nature. I think this world would improve greatly is more understood that.

Spamalot? I think laughn said it best so far this morning:

I have the same opinion about Spamalot, or any Broadway recording. It's just not done, and I believe it would probably cause Clay embarrassment. I also hope he posts about it further on the OFC in some fashion. That said, I don't think it will stop people. I imagine some people will want to do it now more than ever. Some people just can't stand constraints being put on their actions.

I think, in a way, this question will now boil down to -- "if clack DOES become available, will you download it?" And I'll freely admit that my answer will be "yes." See, there's that hypocritical nature of my life again...as well as my selfish nature.

Well, I'm mostly off today to get some Christmas shopping done. The weather is holding for now, although we've got another ice storm warning beginning tonight until late tomorrow evening. Not a lot of fun with this weather, eh?

laljeterfan, it was fantastic reading your experiences with the shows. HOORAY!!!!

Lastly, (yeah, y'all thought I would never get to the end, huh?) on MCWL, I am another who simply loves the traditional arrangements in my Xmas music - and right now, Clay's recorded version fits in beautifully with Nat and Bing and the Temptations and Perry and the Vienna Boys Choir and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Jackson 5 - the choir arrangments he dislikes makes it good for my family to sing along, or have playing in the background. It just says "Christmas" to me. Now, if he wants to put in "Celebrate Me Home" in a new CD, I will kiss him all over. I promise. So far, I am totally indifferent to WTOW - I'm sure it may grow on me.

KAndre, I agree with this statement about MCWL too. One of the things I always tell people about Clay is that he sings Christmas music the way it is supposed to be sung. It's one of the reasons I bought that compilation CD that had Clay on it with Bing, Nat, Elvis, Tony and others, because he belongs there with the others who are considered classic singers. Most of the time I can't stand the more contemporary recordings of Christmas songs where people "make them their own" and the song is barely recognizable. My Christmas compilation CD still contains the original recordings of the MCWL songs. I've mainly added things he hasn't recorded professionally. I love his live performances too, and eventually I'll probably add more of them I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've just realized that I haven't posted this picture lately:

ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

and I really, really like this picture. :hubbahubba:

For some reason that picture always makes me want a cigarette. Oh yeah, I think it's the old Lucky Strike commercial .... so round so firm so fully packed.

:smoke:

Well, I like a spirited discussion, as long as no one is called an idiot or immoral for having an opinion. I just need to be careful to see when I have said the same thing before and become reptitive, it is a weakness..

I don't really like the 'Clay can't tell me what to do' posts because he isn't telling people what to do, but is telling people how he will feel if and when they do something. It is up to that person if they think that is a reasonable price to pay.

The 'it is Clay's fault he doesn't tour all over' posts seem over the top to me because no one really knows the facts and figures and offers on each tour, unless there is a CAA person hiding among us. The 'I am unhappy he doesn't tour near me' posts are really better sounding to me. I look at the facts and figures and demographics of the tours and the problem here is that it is easy to be reptitive and not bring something new to the discussion because of the fact that people do say the same thing over and over and it is too easy to reply with the same answer. I am working on not doing that, not succeeding well, but working on it. If people feel they are not heard, they repeat, it is an easy trap to fall in.

I think the vaults and spamalot are a done deal now, and it is up to individuals how they will distribute things. I love to collect stuff, but I do wish the Skating show vaulting was saved until after Christmas.

We are awash in Clack and spoiled once again, and this spoiling is our taking for granted of all the people involved in collectiong, processing, and making available clack. It is an unnatural thing and this is an amazing fandom filled with volunteers to work together. But with all taht said, personal decisions must be made and it is interesting to hear people speak of how they came to theri decision. I would just like to hear it without people blaming Clay for a myriad of things.

YES YES YES!!!

(as seen on a piece of paper at the top of a ladder the day John met Yoko)

AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE THE POSITIVE (Mister In-Between) (see it on youtube)

(Johnny Mercer / Harold Arlen)

You've got to accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

Latch on to the affirmative

Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum

Bring gloom down to the minimum

Have faith or pandemonium

Liable to walk upon the scene

(To illustrate his last remark

Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark

What did they do

Just when everything looked so dark)

Man, they said we better

Accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

No, do not mess with Mister In-Between

Do you hear me, hmm?

(Oh, listen to me children and-a you will hear

About the elininatin' of the negative

And the accent on the positive)

And gather 'round me children if you're willin'

And sit tight while I start reviewin'

The attitude of doin' right

(You've gotta accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

Don't mess with Mister In-Between)

You've got to spread joy (up to the maximum)

Bring gloom (down) down to the minimum

Otherwise (otherwise) pandemonium

Liable to walk upon the scene

To illustrate (well illustrate) my last remark (you got the floor)

Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark

What did they say (what did they say)

Say when everything looked so dark

Man, they said we better

Accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

No! Don't mess with Mister In-Between

***THE POSITIVE***

Clay is going to get a lot of media coverage for this stint on Broadway and I'm sure we are allowed to collect Clack of THAT!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now I have to go to the PO and then buy a Christmas tree!!

tree33.giffalasmiley.gif

I went to bed last night when I could sense that things were going to go from bad to worse. I think my feelings on the Spamalot clack taking issue are quite simple. I will not participate in anything that Clay deems embarrassing or detrimental to him, or anything that he states is going to piss him off. To me, it usually comes down to an issue of respect, and this time is no exception. No, I can't control whether or not others take clack, vault clack, or distribute clack discreetly. Based on Clay's words, I have decided I will not participate in any of it. I hate back channel shit, so if that what this going to come down to, count me out. But I think that maybe, it's important to look at the big picture this time. Not just think "oh it can't hurt if I do it" because it's never only just you. It's you and whoever passed it to you and whoever you pass it on to. And eventually, it's gonna fall into the wrong hands and it will end up hurting Clay, IMO. So he's asked, and I've answered what feels right to me. I do hope that if he feels very strongly about this (as it sounds like he does), he makes a definitive statement, either on the OFC proper, or in a blog, so that no one is unclear about how he feels. Right now we are only going on a second hand report of a M&G. I hope we get more reports from that M&G too, just because everyone filters things differently.

My feelings on Spamalot clack are also simple. I will also not participate in anything that may hurt, embarrass, or make Clay angry. My opinion is there's been enough of that in his life already, and although I had nothing to do with it, I'm certainly not going to contribute to it.

I'm pleased to see that some discussion appears to have taken place amongst the administrators of some of the large vaults, and it appears they will comply as well.

To me, it's really simple. Respect. He is more than kind, generous and respectful to us...I'd like to be able to return that respect and consideration when it is requested. I would do that for anyone I cared about.

Couldn't have said it better than luckiest1 but as usual, I had to rinse and repeat. :P

My trip to NYC is far from solid...but if I don't end up being able to go, I'm going to put on my big girl panties and suck it up....hope at least some others will do the same.

I guess it's under these circumstances that I find some of the Clay fandom different...

because, Lord help me, I can't imaging bitching about the fact that the some act, whoever the hell it may be, hasn't toured somewhere.

As far as I know, there isn't an act on the planet that has toured in person everywhere.

And I do sort of understand some of the need to express the immediacy of one's disappointment - but then, one must also understand the tendency of saying, "Man, this is total deja vu - as it comes up for every tour".

And I admit, I occasionally have a powerful urge to say, "Yes, Clay hates you personally. You, and you alone, emit such bad vibes, Clay has declared a moratorium not only on your state, but on the five surrounding states just to keep an appropriate distance from your personal cooties." because I'm just bad like that.

I am trying so hard not to be harsh and say, "Dudettes, suck it up. There are a lot of things in life that you want that you are never, ever gonna get. Most of us will never win the lottery. Hell, most of us will have do stuff that we don't like just to get paid. Such is life."

admires FromClaygary's big girl panties...

We are awash in Clack and spoiled once again, and this spoiling is our taking for granted of all the people involved in collectiong, processing, and making available clack. It is an unnatural thing and this is an amazing fandom filled with volunteers to work together. But with all taht said, personal decisions must be made and it is interesting to hear people speak of how they came to theri decision. I would just like to hear it without people blaming Clay for a myriad of things.

I agree with this, and I like spirited discussion too, but I think it is going beyond that in some cases. It seems like some clear division in folks who have always thought of clack as a priveledge vs those who believe it is an entitlement. Emotions are running pretty high about this right now and maybe it's good to have the chance to vent about it ahead of time.

Many have stated that it's always been illegal, so what makes Broadway different. What makes it different for me is Clay is specifically stating how he will feel about it. He will be hurt, He will be pissed and he will be embarrassed. Those are fairly strong statements from Clay as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe this will be an easy gig for Clay, I think he will really have to concentrate and work hard on this performance (have any of you noticed how long that song is?) so I don't think he needs the added concern of alienating cast mates and other theatre goers by having his fans taping these performances. They don't even want people unwrapping candy during the show. So it's hard to believe that even the most stealth of clackgathers could cause less distraction than someone opening a piece of candy, but what do I know I can't even take a decent still photo at a concert.

Hey, FromClaygary, maybe we can hope lots of people get "big girl panties" for Christmas. I'll dig mine out.

OK, I am in the priviledge catagory and I am gratefully prone at the feet of people who provide it at great expense and risk.

I was debating, the other day, on the side that Clack does not depress ticket sales, but brings in new people and it brought me into the concert circle, where I only went if my friends wanted to go at the same time. But listening to some people post, I am starting to waver on that thought.

Clay has always been held to a higher standard by his fans and his fans have generally considered them to be able to be more familar with him. In this case he could have not mentioned the fliming of the play or he could be hionest. Is the fandom strong enough to accept honesty from Clay?

I guess it's under these circumstances that I find some of the Clay fandom different...

because, Lord help me, I can't imaging bitching about the fact that the some act, whoever the hell it may be, hasn't toured somewhere.

As far as I know, there isn't an act on the planet that has toured in person everywhere.

And I do sort of understand some of the need to express the immediacy of one's disappointment - but then, one must also understand the tendency of saying, "Man, this is total deja vu - as it comes up for every tour".

And I admit, I occasionally have a powerful urge to say, "Yes, Clay hates you personally. You, and you alone, emit such bad vibes, Clay has declared a moratorium not only on your state, but on the five surrounding states just to keep an appropriate distance from your personal cooties." because I'm just bad like that.

I am trying so hard not to be harsh and say, "Dudettes, suck it up. There are a lot of things in life that you want that you are never, ever gonna get. Most of us will never win the lottery. Hell, most of us will have do stuff that we don't like just to get paid. Such is life."

I want to be KAndre when I grow up. Yanno tho' - keeping stuff like that bottled up too long isn't good for a body. Purely for health reasons, I say, let it out. *g*

Here's my gut reaction to the clack flap today:

When I heard about Clay going into Spamalot, my first thought was ... NO CLACK. My understanding is that Broadway has a zero tolerance for cameras of any kind in the theatre. In a Clay concert an usher or security person may give a warning, or even take the camera til the end of the show, but at a Broadway show a photographer in the audience would stand a good chance of being marched out of the theatre. I think it would be embarrassing for Clay if a number of his fans had to be removed from the theatre, creating a distraction for the main audience. I get it.

As we should all be aware with the most recent stagehands strike, pretty much every facet of the New York theatre scene is unionized and the rules are strictly enforced. Protection of and compensation for intellectual property is a biggie. In fact, it's a big part of the TV writers strike going on.

And then the obvious ... this isn't Clay's show, it's Mike Nichols' and Eric Idle's show. I'm sure Clay doesn't want to do anything to piss off Mike Nichols (and Diane Sawyer). Mike Nichols can do exceedinly more than Spamalot for Clay's career. Like movies. Soundtracks for movies. Koo-koo-ka-choo Mrs. Robinson.

Also, I don't think Clay wants to blog about his clack policy because to specifically discuss Spamalot, in writing, would give tacet approval to clack gathering otherwise. Just because Clay has a "look the other way" policy about clack and really doesn't mind it at his own shows, he certainly doesn't want to give it an explicit green light because of potential conflicts of interest with other musicians on stage, union restrictions, venue policies, etc. To my knowledge, he has never guaranteed the right to clack.

Now, what I feel is really weird are the opinions that "Clay can't tell me what to do." He can't tell me what to eat for dinner, no, just as he can't force me to buy his records, attend his concerts, or watch him on TV. But as a fan, I buy his records, attend concerts when possible, and watch him on TV at every opportunity, so why in the world would I object to respecting his wishes about things that affect him personally and have an impact on his career?

My thought during a fleeting visit to OFC this morning ...... I see spoiled people.

Is the fandom strong enough to accept honesty from Clay?

Heh. Only if it's the honesty that they want to hear.... :whistling-1:

I'm one of those that may not make it to NYC for a show (although I'm still holding out a small delusional hope... no, ldyjocelyn, I haven't actually started walking yet! :lol: ) and if I don't go, would I love to see some quick video? Absolutely, I can't lie... but if it doesn't show up, I'll suck it up... Lord knows I have to suck it up for other stuff - stuff that really matters in my life... so you do what you gotta do...

I don't capture clack (video or even pictures), I do appreciate the hell out of it and the people who gather it... and I imagine the Clack gatherers are deciding what they will or won't do... quite frankly, I'm glad it's not me because I think they are damned if they do and damned if they don't on this one...

Oh, and, keepingfaith, WORD to your post... and BWAH to your last line!!!!

Regarding Spamalot, Clay said exactly what needed to be said and the only thing he could say.

you said in one sentence what others are taking several paragraphs to say!!!

i will say that some others have made some very good comments about how it could affect clay adversely should his fans break the Broadway rules/etiquette.

I want to see clay happy and have respect from his peers.

I just hope he now blogs and conveys this same message.

I think that, in general, Clack serves a positive purpose. It aint for nothing that singers and groups "leak" songs and videos to the Internet. We spread Clay joy right and left. HOWEVER, there are all kinds of copyright laws related to Broadway productions and it's not a Clay show, as such. He's not producer. He doesn't own the show. He's WORKING for someone else, and that's a whole different thing. Clay has made clear that he doesn't care if we video his shows but wants us to show respect for him (not put mistakes on You-Tube) and respect the rights of others (not put shows that don't belong him up on You-Tube). Now, the problem with Spamalot is that if Clack of it is put up on any of the public (or private) sites, it's going to be damn hard to keep it out of the hands of people who will post it on You-tube in a heartbeat!!

Does that mean NO ONE should tried to sneak some Clack. Probably, they shouldn't, but I have to admit to a selfish desire to be able to relive his performance in the next few years. i won't be able to do that without Clack. If Clack were available, would I watch it? You damn tootin'!!!!

I CERTAINLY don't think there should be blatant filming with the theater people having to run around like Nazis, but a little sneaky videoing to be shared later or by Sendspace.....well, OK.

Does that make me some kind of hypocritic bitch. Probably.

As for "four months without Clay," get real. Clay tours once or twice a year (EVERY year) while many performers only tour every FEW YEARS!! And, that doesn't count his TV appearances and UNICEF and galas and "fat" pictures and such. We have a wealth of riches with Clay, and we may have become a bit spoiled.

As a disclaimer, I must admit to having 2 Spamalot tickets in hand and reservations made and paid for, so perhaps that colors my thinking, but I hope not.

Holy shit, that was very wordy for me.

KAndre

Yes, but I bet hers don't say "Tuesday"!

Okay, so I respect Clay and I will try to respect his wishes...but if bootleg shows up at some point, I'm a hypocrite and would want to see it. But as for demanding/expecting clack of a Broadway show and being angry or even greatly disappointed about not getting it, well...As much as I want to see him in this role, it doesn't seem worth the risk of someone going to court/jail, which could easily happen if the powers-that-be decided to make an example of one of our videographers. I also don't want the media to get a fan-related "scandal" that will distract the public from Clay's success on Broadway.

So...I'm disappointed, but resigned. If anything turns up, I will be delighted, but I will also try to be a little sorry. I mean, I will try to feel guilty as I devour it. I mean...Well, I WANT to be high-minded...it's just difficult! I'm such a clack...uh...floozy.

I do cherish the hope that "our" cooperation on this matter will earn his continued goodwill and make him proud of "us". What can I say? I'm a pleaser as well as a floozy...AND...I'm also a wuss...I admit it...quite simply, I dread the wrath and long memory of this exceedingly strong-willed man. As regards to future clack, there's nothing quite so frigid as a lover's...what was his word? Furious? As a lover's furious cold shoulder.

So, if it truly is a trade-off between seeing/missing this Broadway performance and returning to/avoiding the dangerous and aggravating days of dodging Jerome's aisle-diving...well...

This issue certainly ups the stakes of my getting to New York.

KAndre

Yes, but I bet hers don't say "Tuesday"!

:lmaosmiley-1:

Looks over her shoulder....nope! They say "Tuesday December 11, Two thousand and seven"...with room to spare!

I do cherish the hope that "our" cooperation on this matter will earn his continued goodwill and make him proud of "us". What can I say? I'm a pleaser as well as a floozy...AND...I'm also a wuss...I admit it...quite simply, I dread the wrath and long memory of this exceedingly strong-willed man. As regards to future clack, there's nothing quite so frigid as a lover's...what was his word? Furious? As a lover's furious cold shoulder.

Yup! That too!! :whistling-1:

Can brazen hussies :17f71c4d: return to a life of purity? :25:

In a word - nope. I'm enjoying my life as a slut. :cryingwlaughter:

AClassic.gif

I was trying to get all caught up, but y'all are posting 'proturbence' pictures, and duck-lips pictures, and my all-time favorite "my-goods-are-caught-up-in-my-boxers-and-I'm-going-to-try-to-shake-'em-loose-by-pretending-I'm-dancing"-picture. And now my lunchbreak is over and I forgot to eat and didn't get caught up because I spent the whole time staring at pictures. :cry4:

If I starve before quitting time tonight it's y'alls fault.

When I heard about Clay going into Spamalot, my first thought was ... NO CLACK. My understanding is that Broadway has a zero tolerance for cameras of any kind in the theatre.

Yup, me too. I didn't, and still don't, expect Spamclack. If a brave and lucky soul gets some, good for them! But I don't expect it, and I don't see it as my right. In fact, I think that concert clack is a wonderful gift from Clay and clackgatherers, and I consider myself very fortunate to have so much clack. But Broadway? I'm leaving my camera at home, and I wouldn't blame any clackgathers for leaving theirs at home, too. Broadway is a whole 'nuther story, and as others have expressed so well, it's not Clay's show, there are intellectual property rights at stake, etc. etc. Those are all good reasons not to gather clack, but to me the biggest one is - Clay doesn't want us taking Spamclack. I would never want to make him furious and embarrassed, so I will obey. Not that I obey everything he says, of course, and I wouldn't mind a spanking from him if I was naughty (heeeee), but in this case, I agree with him.

I think that, in general, Clack serves a positive purpose. It aint for nothing that singers and groups "leak" songs and videos to the Internet. We spread Clay joy right and left. HOWEVER, there are all kinds of copyright laws related to Broadway productions and it's not a Clay show, as such. He's not producer. He doesn't own the show. He's WORKING for someone else, and that's a whole different thing. Clay has made clear that he doesn't care if we video his shows but wants us to show respect for him (not put mistakes on You-Tube) and respect the rights of others (not put shows that don't belong him up on You-Tube). Now, the problem with Spamalot is that if Clack of it is put up on any of the public (or private) sites, it's going to be damn hard to keep it out of the hands of people who will post it on You-tube in a heartbeat!!

Does that mean NO ONE should tried to sneak some Clack. Probably, they shouldn't, but I have to admit to a selfish desire to be able to relive his performance in the next few years. i won't be able to do that without Clack. If Clack were available, would I watch it? You damn tootin'!!!!

I CERTAINLY don't think there should be blatant filming with the theater people having to run around like Nazis, but a little sneaky videoing to be shared later or by Sendspace.....well, OK.

Does that make me some kind of hypocritic bitch. Probably.

As for "four months without Clay," get real. Clay tours once or twice a year (EVERY year) while many performers only tour every FEW YEARS!! And, that doesn't count his TV appearances and UNICEF and galas and "fat" pictures and such. We have a wealth of riches with Clay, and we may have become a bit spoiled.

As a disclaimer, I must admit to having 2 Spamalot tickets in hand and reservations made and paid for, so perhaps that colors my thinking, but I hope not.

Holy shit, that was very wordy for me.

Heee, Wanda, I had to quote your entire post 'cuz I was shocked to see such a long tome from you! Your posts are usually short, pithy, humorous, and to the point. And I agree that we are spoiled with clack.

Can brazen hussies :17f71c4d: return to a life of purity? :25:

In a word - nope. I'm enjoying my life as a slut. :cryingwlaughter:

AClassic.gif

I was trying to get all caught up, but y'all are posting 'proturbence' pictures, and duck-lips pictures, and my all-time favorite "my-goods-are-caught-up-in-my-boxers-and-I'm-going-to-try-to-shake-'em-loose-by-pretending-I'm-dancing"-picture. And now my lunchbreak is over and I forgot to eat and didn't get caught up because I spent the whole time staring at pictures. :cry4:

If I starve before quitting time tonight it's y'alls fault.

BW, I love the name you gave that gif! So, that's what's happening, huh? I'm getting such an education on this board about protuberences and goods. :cryingwlaughter:

Okay...on to more serious matters:

lover's furious cold shoulder....

In contemplation of my fractured grammar, I have to amend this to read "furious lover's cold shoulder" ...because as broad as they are, as much as Clay Aiken's shoulders have taken on a life of their own and become a distinct erotic fixation to some...so far as I am personally aware, shoulders do not, in general, take on actual emotions. I mean, they can certainly feel...as in "feel a tender caress" or "feel a slow, calculated scrape of fingernails"...but not, you know, actually feel feelings. Wait...I mean, his shoulders can feel feelings as in someone "feeling their solid warmth with eager fingertips" or "feeling their soapy-slick--"...*gasp*...guiltily hands soap back to Scarlett...

...Where was I?

Yes, so...yes, I'm sure they can feel those kinds of feelings...But, for a shoulder to be "furious" seems unlikely. As for "cold", a shoulder may be physically cold, as when the shower spray doesn't quite reach while in a certain position or when the comforter slips down around one's waist...but in this instance, "cold shoulder" is an expression meaning "to snub" to "treat with disdain or indifference"...or...er...to "withdraw emotionally and/or physically". In this case, this could mean to "withdraw clackifully", which is what I don't want.

I don't know. I'm confused. And easily distracted by that scissor-thighs gif. Make it stop! (You know I don't mean that...but I feel compelled to at least put up a pretense of resistance). Hm. The thighs look....strong.

:)