#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

It seems like an important distinction to me to make that from all accounts I've read, Clay was not pissy at the M&G. According to Donnamom,s account he was personable and fun and simply answered questions that were asked of him. I think that there is some projecting going on. He stated that he would be hurt, and or pissed off and or embarrassed, depending on which account you read, but I never read he was pissy about it. JMO
I'm getting the same impression. One person even said he was scared/worried that people would call out his name and give him all the attention when the show is a "group effort". Sounds like the Clay Aiken whose career I'm following.

Kewl!!

From robyn428 at the Clayboard:

I was watching the Insider, and a new, updated Spamalot commercial was run, showing the Photoshopped handout picture, as well as the picture on the other side, and announced Clay's start date!

The thread goes on to say that many people in the NYC area have seen this tonight, on ABC and NBC! Wheee!!!! This is just such a great thing for Clay.

For the record, I do believe Clay said he would be pissed/embarassed. I think the emotion attached to the words is probably at least partly projection.

Well it is inevitable. Wasn't there an I LOVE YOU CLAY at the Sedaka thing?

I must say I do'nt blame him for being so confused by the adoration. I still don't think he gets it. When I went to see JNT05 I don't think I honed in on the entire show my first time. I followed him the entire time and enjoy myself because I loved all the nonverbal stuff he did. It took my second show...my favorite ..in Nashville..to really see the entire vision and pay attention to the entire thing. I understand why the clack dealers keep their cameras aimed at him. He's ever fascinating.

Aye, there's the rub.

if only...

I sit here before you, squinting and pretending I don't have a raging headache. Horrible, horrible day at work---never mind. Last night my teenaged daughter came down to see me after everyone else had gone to bed. She was in tears and basically stressed out to the max. She's so hard on herself AND she's sixteen and has taken on way too much this year---extra class in school, a part time job, sports, and now the play she's in starts up their rehearsals. She worries that one mid-term progress report showing a bad grade in one class is going to keep her from getting accepted to college! Lord.

Anyway, she leaned into me for a hug (OMG! You don't know how big of a deal THAT is!) and I heard a little snap. When I pulled away, I looked down to find my eyeglasses, which I have to keep hanging around my neck with those little cords like a freaking old woman!, had snapped right in two! The tiny metal piece that goes over the bridge of my nose just snapped. I have two monocles now.

So I go to work with broken glasses, try super glue and tape to no avail, optometrist is closed today, had the formal performance review (we already knew what he was going to 'formally' say, didn't we?), and then....

Whatever. I won't be taking any pix or video and I hope to hell that whoever is going to take it isn't sitting next to me because it will bother me---either because it's actually interfering with my ability to see or hear the play or because I'll be constantly expecting somebody to discover the videographer and so will be looking furtively around the whole time and therefore not able to fully appreciate what's happening on stage.

I don't care if he was pissy or simply telling the truth by saying that Clack of this particular show will embarrass him and make him angry. I'll be upset if anything happens at a show that calls attention to a clackgatherer---like getting caught or using flashes or even letting that little red light show---because Clay doesn't need his own fans bringing negative attention to him. He gets enough of that from those who for some Godforsaken reason want to harm him.

I'm not gonna talk about Clackalot or Splack or whatever anymore. I've given my opinion and Bob's your uncle!

Yeay! Glad my protuberance pix brought some joy to FCA land! :clap: Let's see another, shall we? :imgtongue:

SLC_YGAF.jpg

Well it is inevitable. Wasn't there an I LOVE YOU CLAY at the Sedaka thing?

I must say I do'nt blame him for being so confused by the adoration. I still don't think he gets it. When I went to see JNT05 I don't think I honed in on the entire show my first time. I followed him the entire time and enjoy myself because I loved all the nonverbal stuff he did. It took my second show...my favorite ..in Nashville..to really see the entire vision and pay attention to the entire thing. I understand why the clack dealers keep their cameras aimed at him. He's ever fascinating.

Well this is one reason that it's good that it isn't strictly an audience of Claymates. From the threads I've seen around the boards, the attendance is pretty spread out over the run (except for opening and closing weekends). This is a pretty popular show all on its own *g*. Hopefully those that have gone to the expense of getting themselves there will show the courtesy befitting the circumstance. And either way, 'we' will certainly not be the majority of the audience on any given day. If 'troublemakers' want to spend that kind of $$ just to be fools - well hopefully it won't take more than once or twice for lessons to be learned.

Well Muski there's nothing like forwarding all your email to your web based email so when you get to work you can print out your pretty resume and references and directions to your interview because your home printer doesn't work because you loaned it out to your sister and when you got it back it was minus one cord and you get to work and the entire system is down and your interview is at 11:30 so you leave work at 10 to go home to try to get the printer goign and when that doesn't work you call your sister that works 5 minutes away from your interview and you tell her to go into your email and print out all you need and you'll swoop by to pick it up only you can't remember which tall large brown building she works in downtown so you're circling the block and calling her on her cell phone and office phone and she won't pick up and the time is slipping alway and your interview is in 15 14 13 minutes and finally she calls you and you're two blocks away from where she works and you finally get there and she throws your stuff in the car and you take off and your brakes are making funny noises every time you touch them and you get down to the place where your interview is with 3 minutes to spare and no time to compose yourself before your 3 hours interview.

Clay pretty.

it went well but getting it will be a very competitive process. There's a second round of interviews...so hope I get called. I'm sure all of you here will understand why I almost fell out of my chair when she was going through the benefit package and said year one - 4 weeks vacation which begin acruring immediately.

CG...I think I have two major disagreements with your previous post...

first...I do not think its a tactical mistake, I think its great timing actually. I think its good that we know the no clack policy this early on so that the fandom can get all the angsts out of the way. It will give the clack gatherers time to decide on what to do and adjust to the thought of simply enjoying the show instead of having the pressure of bringing the clack in. It gives the vault owners the chance to get the policies in place. I think if he waited to say something about this after Christmas...there will be more anger and people will wonder why he didn't say anything sooner.

I also think the way he said...through the m&g is less harsh and difficult for Clay. The fact that there are 6 people in M&Gs to report the incident assures Clay that the reporting will be as accurate as possible cos the people present will correct each other. I think no matter how Clay says it...this news will still elicit the same reaction we are seeing all over. If Clay mentioned this in a blog first I would be afraid of the comments he would get. This way...we can all talk about it amongst ourselves and get it out of our system and the direct reaction to Clay will be less.

I also think its good that we knew about this while the tour is still in progress. We are still distracted by the shows and it gives the fans something fun to look forward to as we contemplate the reality that some of us may not see this performance at all. Also, with the other m&g's coming up, there is an opportunity for people to get clarification...to keep some dialog open.

I do agree...he would need to blog about this before the actual show and that it would be good if there are rieminders about it on OFC.

Second...I disagree that it was a mistake for Clay to answer the question honestly. Clay should be able to give us his honest reactions to things without having to constantly worry about the boards blowing up...we are adults that should be able to handle our own emotions and reactions. We should be able to accept Clay's reaction to our actions and just deal with that . When people go to OFC and post their honest opinions on his shows, fans say Clay needs to hear the good and the bad...that goes to the fans too. It can;t all be...oh you guys are great I love you... If we are doing things that bother him...he should say it...and we should sit back, think about it and then react accordingly. I am not saying we should just follow what he wants, but we should at least consider it and not just get into a snit and say...he is not the boss of me...

It seems like an important distinction to me to make that from all accounts I've read, Clay was not pissy at the M&G. According to Donnamom,s account he was personable and fun and simply answered questions that were asked of him. I think that there is some projecting going on. He stated that he would be hurt, and or pissed off and or embarrassed, depending on which account you read, but I never read he was pissy about it. JMO

Yes I was listening to the cellcert and Donnamom made sure that people knew he was in a good mood and was not pissy or mad at the fans at all.

Sounds great, couchie! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :praying: And yeah, that four weeks vacation is quite :hubbahubba: ...(muski starts doing some :think: , "Let's see....how many Clay concerts can a fan attend in four weeks?")

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :cryingwlaughter:

So nobody cares that there is a tv commercial for Clay in Spamalot?

Of course we care--good grief, you want a parade or something? You got it!!

:04: :balloons: :00000442: :laola0: :ole0: :00000442: :manynanas:

Well, I'm waiting for the clack.

*g*

BWAH!!!

*oh the times, they are a-changin* :cry4:

oh its an honest to goodness ad??? or just the flyer then announcement???

I think its great of course...hee

*oh the times, they are a-changin* :cry4:

I do, Cindy, :F_05BL17blowkiss: I had read a little earlier over at the CH that someone had seen the commercial during Jeopardy, so I wonder if it's the same time slot, just a different network. I think it's great that they are promoting Clay's role during the commercial.

I haven't given up hope on seeing Spamalot yet. I've started a little fund just in case I get the chance to go.

cindilu2.... oh, of course I care. Just having a discussion with Gibby and Clayzor...

I loves me some pissy Clay. :lipstick: If he gets mad at his fans I volunteer :PickMe-1: to take one for the team. He can paddle my little ass, to teach us all a lesson. :whistling-1:

Now off to fix dinner.

Nope, no way, no how, are you first in line for a paddling, Clayzor. I already took that honor upthread. :imgtongue:I love being spanked, as long as it's done by someone I lust after.

Wait, wait, wait, could we go by qualifications instead? Like maybe taking clack for 4 years and admining a broadway show discussion group for 3?

Of course we care--good grief, you want a parade or something? You got it!!

:04: :balloons: :00000442: :laola0: :ole0: :00000442: :manynanas:

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Yes, a real commercial - apparently a long one too (down, muski) It shows the front and back of the 'shopped' card they were handing out, according to the CB. I hope someone in NY can cap it!

From the public side of the OFC:

12/10/07 : Todd Eldredge to Skate to Clay's "All Is Well"!

By Team Clay

On Christmas Day, The Today Show on NBC will air an exclusive performance by Todd Eldredge who will skate to Clay's "All Is Well" from the Holiday Celebration on Ice Show. Tune in at around 8:38am EST Christmas morning to catch this special performance! Check your local listings for channels and show times

Eeep, how am I going to find time to open the presents between the Today show and Holiday on Ice? :clap: I swear, I never thought I'd see the day that I would be excited to see Todd Eldredge on TV. :cryingwlaughter:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the Spamalot commercial and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for AIW!!!!

cindilu2.... oh, of course I care. Just having a discussion with Gibby and Clayzor...

I loves me some pissy Clay. :lipstick: If he gets mad at his fans I volunteer :PickMe-1: to take one for the team. He can paddle my little ass, to teach us all a lesson. :whistling-1:

Now off to fix dinner.

Nope, no way, no how, are you first in line for a paddling, Clayzor. I already took that honor upthread. :imgtongue:I love being spanked, as long as it's done by someone I lust after.

Wait, wait, wait, could we go by qualifications instead? Like maybe taking clack for 4 years and admining a broadway show discussion group for 3?

Okay, Scarlett, I agree for you to go first, but only if I get to be with Clay for a longer time. So he can make me feel better after the paddling. :naughtywag:

This post is from donnamom at the CH (she was the original m&g'er who told us about Clay's comments yesterday):

Still only skimming, but I think you missed the gist of why Clay is worried.

These are my opinions only!

There are two distinct problems.

1. The lights from the cameras are extremely distracting to everyone on stage. Clay said the little green light just fills up the stage. And they can see where the camera is aimed. Clay can tell when the cameras are trained on him when Angela or Quiana are performing and so can they. I do think that is why he turns away when they are performing. He’s trying something different to see what helps and you know how hard it is for him to stand still.

2. Clay is not the “star” of the production. He is a member of an ensemble. They must work together, play off each other, and work as a team. If there are problems that occur when Clay is there that hasn’t happened in the past, it could be held against him. If there is tension among the cast, that will show up in the performance. This play seems to be at its best if the cast is there to help and support each other. Just like Angela telling Clay “Chestnuts,” help from a fellow cast member might be a scene saver.

I think he is unhappy about the lack of respect for Angela's and Quiana's performances.

I think he is worried that the same lack of respect will happen at Spamalot.

There is very little I can add to to this interesting and multifaceted SpamClack discussion. I often think, well now, the topic of the day has been pretty well examined from all possible angles, but then after a few lovely gifs, the darn thing rises out of the murk again.

Thank God for the lovely gifs. ( with especial thanks to muskifest whose intuition seems to sense when we need a distraction)

The chances of me getting to Broadway are teeny weeny. I would love to 'see, hear, taste, experience' Clay as Sir Robin but I think (says the one whose hard drive is groaning with Clack of nearly every flavour) I am going to use my excellent imagination to taste the Spam vicariously through what I hope will be very detailed reports. Just a warning though, if someone says but you really had to be there I may feel compelled to use mah sword.sirknight.gif

Having never been part of a fandom before, I just don't have a lot of experience with celebrities, fans, or reviewers for that matter. I mostly try to keep things simple and go with my gut ( which luckily is synonymous with the spirit of "big girl panties".) rofl_2.gif

Although Clay and I have never actually been introduced, I do care about him. People I care about get respect; it's part of the package. This Broadway show is obviously important to him. I haven't ever felt as though I need to 'obey' Clay Aiken, but I do understand his concerns about clack being taken during this show. Somehow my respect for him and thankfulness for all the joy he has brought to my life rises (slightly) :) above my need for even this very special download.

And somehow, my "very little" has become three paragraphs...........sorry....... tapedshut.gif