#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

KAndre tosses away all evidence of that virginal thing a week and a half ago and re-embraces her slutitudeness in admiration of the little moving pictures...

I vaguely remember passing English classes many, many years ago....

Vaguely. I think.

I think shoulders can be furious. And cold. Because furious shoulders are some sort of thingy clause. Or maybe a participle thingie. Or even a periphrastic intransitive interjection! They can't prove it's not! Or maybe they can. Darn English majors!

I have been thinking about this whole Spamalot clack thing and have come to the conclusion that Clay made a tatical error by saying what he said at a M&G.

First - who knows if what we are hearing he said is actually what he said, or an interpretation run through individual fliters?

Secondly, if what we are hearing is correct, he already sounds pissed - almost as if he's disgusted with us. He sounds like a disappointed parent and that gets my back up.

If this issue is so important to him, at the end of this tour, after his UNICEF trip and before he starts his run on Broadway why not write a lovely teacher Clay blog and ask us nicely to respect the policy of Broadway shows and refrain from our usual clack gathering? Why not treat us with respect, rather than like children before we have even done anything? Why not speak to us directly and not through other fans? The best way to get treated with respect is to treat others with respect.

He should just tell us officially what he's thinking, but he should also allow for the fact that some may not even know what the policy may be for a Broadway show. Not everyone coming has ever been to see a Broadway show, and even if they did, probably never even thought about a video policy. Perhaps he should just explain the policy of the theater, as well as the stiff penalties if one is caught and if maybe he even said something like he is concerned for us because he has allowed so much clack taken at his concerts and he doesn't want us to think mistakenly that it will be tolerated in the same manner, nor dealt with in the same manner and he doesn't want to see any of his fans carted off to prison. He could even give permission for his blog to be taken to all the boards verbatim so even non-OFC members can read it.

Then he should put a nicely written warning on the public page of the OFC so anyone visiting will have the opportunity to read it.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do something and, IMO, in this instance, Clay chose the wrong way. Even if he plans on blogging about it down the line, he should have just kept his gorgoeus big mouth with those luscious lips shut until he could address the issue himself publically.

I think the words we were told he used are very incendiary and could make people react in a defensive manner. I know I did, and reading a little bit around others did as well.

Without actually being in a Meet and Greet and hearing the tone of Clay's voice or what exactly was said, I think it is really unfair say he was "disgusted" or "pissed" or whatever...context is everything and since Meet and Greets by nature are prone to the filters of those there and since we always seem to get one or two versions of what was actually said...I think it is always wise to take it with a grain salt.

He was asked a question, he answered it...that pretty much is all we can state as absolute fact.

I agree that a blog would be the best course of action.

Kim

God I love Clay in those long coats. Now if he would just hurry up and put him on a turtleneck, I would be happy.

OT: keepingfaith? I finally had my first Honey crisp apple. Yeah, I'm always late to the convo. It was a little too tart for me. I grew up on Red delicious and tend to favor those and the golden delicious. A bit more sweet. I have me a sweet tooth. I also had my first fugi and gala apples. I liked them better than the Honeycrisp. Anyway glad I tried them all.

Now I discovered something sweet and delicious, besides Clay. Hee! Hershey's Kisses has a new flavor out. Cherry Cordial Cream. OMG. Just like chocolate covered cherries. Boy does that bring back memories. My mom ate those all the time when I was growing up. I hope those are not going to be just seasonal .

muskifest and Bookwhore you two cracked me up with your posts. We need more "goods" pictures posted.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do something and, IMO, in this instance, Clay chose the wrong way.

CG, this sounds so very "black and white" to me. As aikim says, we really don't know the context of any of this, but I think maybe "human" Clay might actually say something like as has been reported. I think there's a middle gray area there that should be considered as well -- wanting to do the right thing, thinking it WAS the right thing. The execution just didn't quite work out. (And for the record, I think I blog would be the best way to go about this....)

As for sounding like a "disappointed parent" -- again, we don't know the tone of voice, first of all. But -- if you were in his position, do you not think you might get angry at certain portions of your fanbase from time to time? I think I would be. He's actually done a fantastic job of keeping that in check. However, that seems to be the danger of these Q&A meet and greet sessions IMO -- the possibility of him saying something that will in turn piss off people. But again, I think it makes him human.

Well, I totally disagree that Clay made any mistake saying this or in the way he said it. He says he would be "hurt/pissed/embarrassed" over behaviours he knows perfectly well some will do. I know if I tell someone that something they are doing to me - filming me or whatever - is or will be pissing me off - I think a lack of respect has started with the person doing the thing to me. And to say that "we haven't done anything yet" is a tad disingenious - the amount of clack taken even when there are official announcements not to do it shows he has a reasonable expectation that this would happen. Somebody asked a question and he answered it honestly. Now, he can add to that on his official website in a nice way - but he's not under any obligation to say anything about it.

He shouldn't have to write a "teacher Clay" blog - because no matter what - someone would find it condescending or even react, "He can't tell me what to do!" I remember him talking to the fandom about flashes - and there were still enough out there to blind me. There were announcements prior to concerts - and people would still flash. He would talk about it himself in a joking manner - and get flashed while he was speaking.

Why should he keep his mouth shut about something that will piss him off? Many of his fans don't - and with less reason. It's not like he said, "OK, you psycho bitches - just STOP IT!" He expressed his feelings about something being done to him. He didn't say, "you fans are bad".

I went to bed last night when I could sense that things were going to go from bad to worse. I think my feelings on the Spamalot clack taking issue are quite simple. I will not participate in anything that Clay deems embarrassing or detrimental to him, or anything that he states is going to piss him off. To me, it usually comes down to an issue of respect, and this time is no exception.

My feelings on Spamalot clack are also simple. I will also not participate in anything that may hurt, embarrass, or make Clay angry. My opinion is there's been enough of that in his life already, and although I had nothing to do with it, I'm certainly not going to contribute to it.

To me, it's really simple. Respect. He is more than kind, generous and respectful to us...I'd like to be able to return that respect and consideration when it is requested. I would do that for anyone I cared about.

Couldn't have said it better than luckiest1 but as usual, I had to rinse and repeat. :P

:clap: to you both. He really does ask so little of us- is it that difficult to respect his wishes, when he does make them known? (And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him blog about it in the future, although it's kind of sad to think that he'd HAVE to.)

And I admit, I occasionally have a powerful urge to say, "Yes, Clay hates you personally. You, and you alone, emit such bad vibes, Clay has declared a moratorium not only on your state, but on the five surrounding states just to keep an appropriate distance from your personal cooties." because I'm just bad like that.

I am trying so hard not to be harsh and say, "Dudettes, suck it up. There are a lot of things in life that you want that you are never, ever gonna get. Most of us will never win the lottery. Hell, most of us will have do stuff that we don't like just to get paid. Such is life."

KAndre- are you still accepting applications for minions? Cuz if you are, in honor of this post, and the kick-ass one you just made at the CH, I am willing to sharpen your stilletto's for you for the next year!

PS- Can I amend this to add the one you just made, too?

Here's my gut reaction to the clack flap today:

My thought during a fleeting visit to OFC this morning ...... I see spoiled people.

Uh huh! But sadly, it's not JUST at the OFC. (I'm afraid to even go over there!)

Okay...on to more serious matters:

lover's furious cold shoulder....

In contemplation of my fractured grammar, I have to amend this to read "furious lover's cold shoulder" ...because as broad as they are, as much as Clay Aiken's shoulders have taken on a life of their own and become a distinct erotic fixation to some...so far as I am personally aware, shoulders do not, in general, take on actual emotions. I mean, they can certainly feel...as in "feel a tender caress" or "feel a slow, calculated scrape of fingernails"...but not, you know, actually feel feelings. Wait...I mean, his shoulders can feel feelings as in someone "feeling their solid warmth with eager fingertips" or "feeling their soapy-slick--"...*gasp*...guiltily hands soap back to Scarlett...

...Where was I?

Yes, so...yes, I'm sure they can feel those kinds of feelings...But, for a shoulder to be "furious" seems unlikely. As for "cold", a shoulder may be physically cold, as when the shower spray doesn't quite reach while in a certain position or when the comforter slips down around one's waist...but in this instance, "cold shoulder" is an expression meaning "to snub" to "treat with disdain or indifference"...or...er...to "withdraw emotionally and/or physically". In this case, this could mean to "withdraw clackifully", which is what I don't want.

I don't know. I'm confused. And easily distracted by that scissor-thighs gif. Make it stop! (You know I don't mean that...but I feel compelled to at least put up a pretense of resistance). Hm. The thighs look....strong.

:)

Now this.....? :hubbahubba: ........... made me all squirmy!!! Thanks, 00lsee!, and the bringers of all of the lovely thrusting, shaking and otherwise wiggly gifs you all brought over today! Yummy!

And since I said earlier this AM that I could bitch all day about work- I'm gonna! First thing I tried to do when I got in this morning was to change my wallpaper to Cindilu's new one a couple of pages back. For some reason, most of the graphics wouldn't even show up on my computer screen! :cry4: What did they do to my computer between Thursday and today???? Hopefully all will be well the next time I'm there, one week from today- cuz I'm going again tomorrow to see my boyfriend! :clap:

Should we tell Clayzor that those cherry cordial Hershey kisses have been out on the market for a couple of years now? And they are seasonal?

Speaking of chocolate covered cherries, I'm almost as big a ChocolateCoveredCherriesWhore as I am a BookWhore. And let me tell you, today when I bit into one and found NO CHERRY I was pretty pissed. I can't believe they stiffed me on my cherry. I'm gonna call that 800 number on the back of the box and complain. :(

Well, so far the reports I've read from the M&G have said that Clay was pissed, Clay was furious, Clay would be hurt & embarrassed, and furious & embarrassed. Who knows what the hell he said? So yes, I agree CG, a nice explicit blog would be helpful. Or a personalized, steamy, sexy love letter, with explicit descriptions of how he's going to do me six ways from Sunday on our next meeting, scented with his favorite cologne would be even better.

AClassic.gif

And here I've been thinking these past few months that this was sign language for Yeah Yeah!!

God I love Clay in those long coats. Now if he would just hurry up and put him on a turtleneck, I would be happy.

OT: keepingfaith? I finally had my first Honey crisp apple. Yeah, I'm always late to the convo. It was a little too tart for me. I grew up on Red delicious and tend to favor those and the golden delicious. A bit more sweet. I have me a sweet tooth. I also had my first fugi and gala apples. I liked them better than the Honeycrisp. Anyway glad I tried them all.

Now I discovered something sweet and delicious, besides Clay. Hee! Hershey's Kisses has a new flavor out. Cherry Cordial Cream. OMG. Just like chocolate covered cherries. Boy does that bring back memories. My mom ate those all the time when I was growing up. I hope those are not going to be just seasonal.

Clayzor, first, the cherry cordial kisses are seasonal -- this is the second or third season that I've bought them, so buy enough to last. And goodness woman, you must have a raging sweet tooth, because the Honeycrisp apples are sweet, sweet, sweet to me. When I was at the grocer a few days ago there must have been ten or twelve varieties of apples available, including red delicious, gold delicious, granny smith, fuji, gala, honeycrisp, pink lady, ambrosia --- on and on. I've never seen so many apples in my LIFE!

Oh, and just to post an opinion because I can and for no other reason ... I prefer a short coat to the grandpa's longcoat look. There's a certain elegance with the long coats, I admit, but it just looks so damned old fashioned on Clay. Anyway, it's just a very small, insignificant preference on my part. He looks ultrafine, clothes or no clothes.

I can't complain about things Clay says in the M&G's because I'm glad he opens up and answers questions to a random selection of fans. It seems ecumenical and efficient. I wouldn't want him to think that doing this is counterproductive, because it a huge treat to get to hear his from the cuff comments, even through the recollections of others. That they are filtered through the recollections of fans in an Aiken fog has to be considered, but from I have seen and heard from the M&G's since July, nothing that "filtered" out was wrong. I've seen recaps from different fans at the same M&G and some have more details than others, but I don't recall any major discrepancies in the telling. I think it's fantastic. I do not expect to agree with everything Clay says and does, because somewhere down the line he may do or say something that rubs me the wrong way, but I doubt it because I can't for the life of me imagine Clay doing any kind of rubbing the wrong way. :hubbahubba:

ETA: And whether Clay would be angry, embarrassed, pissed, furious, irate, or in a snit ... it's pretty clear that he don't want no stickin' clack on Broadway!

ETA: And whether Clay would be angry, embarrassed, pissed, furious, irate, or in a snit ... it's pretty clear that he don't want no stickin' clack on Broadway!

What more do you think clay nation should do. I frankly think we are moving in the right direction. What more is there. Is more going on than blowing off steam? Are people who aren't attending the shows so won't be taking clack the problem? Why is this bubbling over so much? Or is it? Sometimes it's 3 people angry and 50 people telling them not to be and pretty soon it's not even about the issue. One of the reasons I normally don't read all over. Just dealing with one place is way more than enough.

I've got a trip to plan and YAY my coat will arrive in time so I won't freeze in Minneapolis. One week from today I'll be heading to the airports right about now.

What more do you think clay nation should do. I frankly think we are moving in the right direction. What more is there.

I guess I don't understand the question. What more is there for clay nation to do?

Be happy.

What more do you think clay nation should do. I frankly think we are moving in the right direction. What more is there.

I guess I don't understand the question. What more is there for clay nation to do?

Be happy.

Pinky swear??

I loves me some pissy Clay. :lipstick: If he gets mad at his fans I volunteer :PickMe-1: to take one for the team. He can paddle my little ass, to teach us all a lesson. :whistling-1:

Now off to fix dinner.

Nope, no way, no how, are you first in line for a paddling, Clayzor. I already took that honor upthread. :imgtongue:I love being spanked, as long as it's done by someone I lust after.

Claygasm

First - who knows if what we are hearing he said is actually what he said, or an interpretation run through individual filters?

Secondly, if what we are hearing is correct, he already sounds pissed - almost as if he's disgusted with us. He sounds like a disappointed parent and that gets my back up.

Even if we are getting an exact quotation, it seems to me it still can't help but be interpreted through the individual filters of each person. And some interpretations/filters create pain/anger while others do not. Seems like proving one's own point. Maybe? Fortunately for me, what I happen to "hear" hasn't pushed any of my personal hot buttons. And trust me, I definitely have a "disappointed parents" button. ((HUGS))

It seems like an important distinction to me to make that from all accounts I've read, Clay was not pissy at the M&G. According to Donnamom,s account he was personable and fun and simply answered questions that were asked of him. I think that there is some projecting going on. He stated that he would be hurt, and or pissed off and or embarrassed, depending on which account you read, but I never read he was pissy about it. JMO