#22: Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should

ldyjocelyn

Thread title poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next poll title???

• Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!
    • Brown hair and red hair and blonde hair, OH MY!
    • Is He Harboring Weapons of Mass Seduction?
    • "God help us with the dancing part."
    • I love the new hair, and the hair from last week, and the hair from next week.
    • I can pretend he's the little Shetland pony I wanted to play with as a child.
    • He is a man of many parts and all of them can park on my couch anytime!!!
    • When I pushed the Clay button, his voice pushed all of mine.

sigh...I wuv him!!!

he is such a big kid and such a man at the same time.

KF and ldyJ...ITA about these latest glasses pictures...yes on the surface he looks like young Clayton...but there is a confidence and a strength, maturity that was not in young Clayton. sigh...

I am not a big glasses fan either but with this hairstyle...it totally works!!!

I wonder what happened to his eye? The hair...I think he is simply growing it out...

I'm considering it, but yep, it still bugs me. Why, why, WHY say you have a secret?

Clay can and should conduct the M&G's however he pleases - but it will never stop bugging me that people say 'I know a secret'. Ever. Seriously. Either tell, or STFU about it.

I already told cindilu2, but I have never clicked "save as background" so fast as I did for that glasses wallpaper! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hee, I would have loved to witness the "performance" of the prank. While I've seen a lot of angst elsewhere about the secrets and the single and the no note taking, I just think that anyone who wins a M&G is sooooooo lucky and priveleged to be able to have a few minutes to experience Clay being Clay. I hope he never feels the need to change the format back to the old, stand in line routine. I wish people would take that possiblity into consideration if they read something that rubs them the wrong way, and feel the need to vent.

I agreee with this too. I like these glimpses we get of Clay. They are not cookie cutter experiences, and it seems like Clay just kind of lets his hair down and relaxes a little in this format.

I agree about the wallpaper too, cindilu2, I especially love the wording used as a frame

Not being terribly messy - but I've never understood the 'horror' of simple telling the fact they have a secret if they are not being taunting with it...in real life, if someone asks me about something, I say "it's a secret", and I expect that to be the end of it. I'll admit, I've sort of looked at people complaining about "secrets" and ask myself, "why in the world do you need to know? If it doesn't actually involve you or national security, why should your wants be indulged as opposed to the secret keeper's?"

And a lot of angst re: taunting seems to me to be reaction to someone's personal history, like the dislike of sarcasm. It's sort of difficult to deal with everyone's personal history, especially if you don't feel that way.

Sometimes, it really helps not to be a people person, because I know I really don't care. It may be interesting, but there are other interesting things out there.

And a lot of angst re: taunting seems to me to be reaction to someone's personal history, like the dislike of sarcasm. It's sort of difficult to deal with everyone's personal history, especially if you don't feel that way.

That's it in a nutshell, O Mighty Mistress. I know I have filters and hot buttons, some of which are almost totally unconscious. When I find myself reacting strongly to something, if I consciously apply my mind to it, most of the time, I can come up with something (usually from childhood) that the incident or conversation triggered. It makes life interesting. heh

And see, I can promise not to mention a secret Clay tells me because the odds are I will never be tested on that promise. :cry4:

Not being terribly messy - but I've never understood the 'horror' of simple telling the fact they have a secret if they are not being taunting with it...in real life, if someone asks me about something, I say "it's a secret", and I expect that to be the end of it. I'll admit, I've sort of looked at people complaining about "secrets" and ask myself, "why in the world do you need to know? If it doesn't actually involve you or national security, why should your wants be indulged as opposed to the secret keeper's?"

Sometimes, it really helps not to be a people person, because I know I really don't care. It may be interesting, but there are other interesting things out there.

Well speaking only for myself - the distinction you made is the difference for me. If somebody asked me something and I was asked not to tell, I'd say sorry - I can't say. But I wouldn't go tap somebody on the shoulder and say guess what? I know something you don't and it's soooo much fun, but sorry I can't tell you. It's a secret'. That? Bugs.

I only commented in the first place because the poster took the time to say 'I know this will cause ripples but I'm gonna do it anyway'.

I'm done now. *g*

Gibby/Libby, I'm soooooooooooooo sorry! Maybe I was having a "'Lost is going to start again soon' moment?" [/joke only Losties will understand]

Heeeee - no problem. I just had to tease you about it.

Thanks for bringing over all of the meet & greet reports, lucky. It's good to have confirmation from a couple of different sources that Clay said 'furious and embarrassed' about SpamClack. One M&Ger also gave a little more information about the context of the conversation, and why he woud be upset.

Oh, and cindilu - I love the WP! :thankyou: The only way it would be better is if it were in widescreen. Purty please?? :praying:

Off to the salt mines now - see ya'll later!

I sort understand cindilu, but knowing this fandom, I've know I've started off posts with, "and I know this will upset the fandom" - because it will. All the individuals molecules of Clorilla is a difficult beings to deal with.

Somebody said at the CH how the M&G have morphed from a little perk for some fans to this thing where he seems to be talking to the fandom ex cathedra...and oddly enough, I don't think it's fair to Clay. He got it to the point where not only the fans were enjoying the M&G but he seemed to be as well - now he's occasionally getting interrogated and when people are starting to take notes in front of him - well, I would react in a much, much worse way.

Well, I would probably be totally nastier just all the way around. I will share superficially stuff with people I know superficially. And I wouldn't change that simply because they think they know me or what they think they've done for me. Like I've said elsewhere, I am a secretive bitch. That's who I am. I'm secretive to EVERYONE. There is stuff I would never tell my child. Or my mother. Or my best friend. And why should I have to? If it doesn't affect them? I guess I'm a touch annoyed (not at you, cindilu!) because some many seem to be making out that not being wide open all the time to everyone is a horrible, horrible thing.

I sort understand cindilu, but knowing this fandom, I've know I've started off posts with, "and I know this will upset the fandom" - because it will. All the individuals molecules of Clorilla is a difficult beings to deal with.

Somebody said at the CH how the M&G have morphed from a little perk for some fans to this thing where he seems to be talking to the fandom ex cathedra...and oddly enough, I don't think it's fair to Clay. He got it to the point where not only the fans were enjoying the M&G but he seemed to be as well - now he's occasionally getting interrogated and when people are starting to take notes in front of him - well, I would react in a much, much worse way.

Well, I would probably be totally nastier just all the way around. I will share superficially stuff with people I know superficially. And I wouldn't change that simply because they think they know me or what they think they've done for me. Like I've said elsewhere, I am a secretive bitch. That's who I am. I'm secretive to EVERYONE. There is stuff I would never tell my child. Or my mother. Or my best friend. And why should I have to? If it doesn't affect them? I guess I'm a touch annoyed (not at you, cindilu!) because some many seem to be making out that not being wide open all the time to everyone is a horrible, horrible thing.

See, the thing is? I agree with your whole post. My only quibble was (and is) with the 'I've got a secret' part. The meet and greet-as-interrogation is as annoying as it is inevitable, when suggested questions lists start getting posted. It's not an interview, it's a M&G. I think it's awesome that he wants to make it a little special for those actually there. BONUS!!!

ETA: ldyj and Gibby, I will make a widescreen tonight!

EATA: jmh123, I agree. I've heard the rumblings of an unhappy fan (and read the recap), and while it's too bad that somebody has had a bad experience, I'd say the 40 or 50 to one ratio is pretty freaking awesome. Too bad that it's prolly the 'one' that will get the most response. Nature of this particular beast I suppose.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

th_GlassesREG.jpg

Gorgeous! Thanks.

The one person I know personally who had a problem with Clay in a meet-and-greet is unbalanced (when it comes to Clay) and has behaved notoriously badly in a number of situations, and is, IMO, lucky that Clay is as nice to her as he has been. Then there's the famous case of the person who had a bad experience at a meet-and-greet and went on to became a blogging hater and friend to JP--which suggests to me that this was also someone who was OTT to begin with and, like the person I know, earned whatever she got from Clay in spades.

Even "normal" people when they meet Clay find themselves tongue-tied and acting unintentionally silly. Somehow he has to balance all the different personalities and try to please them all. I admire immensely Clay's ability to handle all these diverse people he meets--the fan club members, the reporters, the folks connected to folks at the venues, the people with a special need or request who got to someone who arranged a meeting and so on--and make the vast majority of them very, very happy indeed. I've read many meet-and-greet reports from the last two tours, and again and again they are glowing. Therefore I take any negative report with a salt lick--especially when others in the same meet-and-greet have a completely different experience.

:word:

Interesting---this whole secrecy thing. I've always wished I were a secretive person, a woman of mystery, that person you know but don't really know, you know? heh

Problem is I ain't. Never been. Give me five minutes and I'll tell you my bra size, along with the oh-so-many less fascinating things about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :cryingwlaughter: I honestly don't think I'm anybody but the same person with everyone. Now I CAN keep secrets of other people. As I've said, I'm the very safest person to tell a 'secret' to---I usually forget it anyway ;) , and if I do remember it I'll never betray your 'secret' to another.

And yep, 00lsee, your post hit a nerve with me---I CAN look back at my own life and do a Dr. Phil on it to figure out WHY I feel the NEED to disclose things to a rather embarrassing degree. Been there, done that. (often...heh)

I get tickled hearing these reports from the M&Gs...I'm not putting my name in a hat for any of them (for various reasons that I ain't gonna tell you...Hey! I have a secret! :lilredani: )...so I don't begrudge anybody their experiences. If it includes a 'secret', goody goody for them! Although Clay's such a little shit that I just have to laugh over that whole "Don't you tell anybody this and if you do I'll know who you are, etc." deal. He's such a little shit.

(God, I love that little shit.) :DoClay::hubbahubba:

Interrupting the flow of the conversation for a minute bring this over. Clay was interviewed a few minutes ago on STAR 104.5 Omaha, and the clack is already available here at CU. I listened, and it is a good one. He's laughing and yawning and refusing to do his British accent. *g*

Even "normal" people when they meet Clay find themselves tongue-tied and acting unintentionally silly. Somehow he has to balance all the different personalities and try to please them all. I admire immensely Clay's ability to handle all these diverse people he meets--the fan club members, the reporters, the folks connected to folks at the venues, the people with a special need or request who got to someone who arranged a meeting and so on--and make the vast majority of them very, very happy indeed. I've read many meet-and-greet reports from the last two tours, and again and again they are glowing. Therefore I take any negative report with a salt lick--especially when others in the same meet-and-greet have a completely different experience.

WORD! :)

(((muski)))...heh

Well, the older I get, the more I realize that most of my issues really are MY issues...and often have little to do with those people or events I think I am "upset" about. So, my reactions to Clay tell me more about myself than about Clay. That being said, I would LOVE to meet him someday....if only to find out if those eyes have the same effect up close that they do through binoculars. :)

My kinda recap from Red Bank. This was my first show and wow. Clay hit a home run last night as did Quiana and Angela. The theatre was not sold out but was very full. I'd say 80 to 90%. They released several seats yesterday but since we were in the eighth row it wasn't worth upgrading to me.

Clay looked great in the long coat. His hair is so red! I'm really happy to see him in his glasses and with his natural hair color because it signifies to me that he is very comfortable with himself. Not to mention that he trusts us not to desert him based on his looks alone.

[RedBank7-1.jpg/img]

Sorry not a great picture but cute.

The voice, don't know what I can say about it but wow. He seemed a little hoarse but so am I as the weather here is cold and damp. :freezing: At home it's eighty degrees. :cry4: The woman next to playbiller (never posts on any boards) was so excited, she gave him a one person standing ovation while screaming after the first medley (I think). :laugh2:

I haven't really watched much clack so it was all a big surprise to me. I absolutely loved the medleys. The socalled "Jesus Medley" was so creative. And the "Winter Medley" was a knockout. Clay nailed "Winter Wonderland".

The second half just flew by. The stories were so good and fit in so well with the concert. People in the theatre were very attentive during the stories. I loved the way Jesse segued into the songs from the stories. "O Holy Night" was spectacular. Ending with DSIAFCD and All Is Well was like the end of a fireworks display. :confetti2:

Waaaaa! I want a meet 'n' greet!!

Anyhow..... Thanks for bringing over those accounts, I wish I had been there. I'm really bad at recaps and I can keep a secret! So I need to win one!!

My next and last concert is this Saturday and I am praying that the weather holds up as I just got some distressing news about an ice storm headed this way! :smokelots:

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :onFire:

THIS CANNOT HAPPEN!!! Please bend your spare thoughts on pushing that storm the other direction......... away from the east coast or into Pennsylvania!!!

this post brought to you by the 1/! key!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

Great recap, Fear. Thanks for posting it!

cha cha, we have a 4.5 hour drive or so to Erie on Sunday, and right now the forecast is 90% chance of snow. But we will persevere! It's never stopped us before..... ;) I hope the ice storm misses you.

Away, bad weather thoughts. AWAY!!!

Fear, I loved your recap, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the 'show'. It really is a wonderful vision, and as play said earlier, there are many small details that make up the whole. I know I came out of Kalamazoo with a real sense of having seen something special!

Yes, I did come home for lunch *g*

th_GlassesWS.jpg

That radio interview is waaaaay cute. He does love to play things close to the vest. So when he says things like he's not sure about a radio single, I take them with the attitude that he just isn't going to lay those cards on the table yet. (ETA - two different things - the radio interview and the M&G reference, in case that was confusing to anybody but me *g*)

I think if I do get that meet and greet, I'm just gonna ask him what kind of tree he'd be. Sans the Baba Wawa accent of course. *g* I'm thinking Giant Redwood.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my "I Fart in Your General Direction" Jammie Pants in the Mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all ready for the SLUMBER PARTY!!!!

(((muski)))...heh

Well, the older I get, the more I realize that most of my issues really are MY issues...and often have little to do with those people or events I think I am "upset" about. So, my reactions to Clay tell me more about myself than about Clay. That being said, I would LOVE to meet him someday....if only to find out if those eyes have the same effect up close that they do through binoculars. :)

We seem to be quoting each other today, babe! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for the bolded part of your post above? I used to have as my signature at EAYOR---

Wherever you go, there you are.