#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

I can see it now . . .

Clay strides out with his lo-o-ong stride, throwing a hand up in response to the applause from the crowd. Grinning.

Approaches the tee box rolls his eyes and makes a face, making some joke about his ineptitude.

Plants his big feet and takes his stance, all laughter gone.

It's all focus now. Mr. I'mNotCompetitive grips the club with two lo-o-ong-fingered hands, grips and releases till the club is settled comfortably in his grasp, a look of determination in his steely greens.

He pulls back his long straight arms taking the club in a high arc and WHIPS the club back through the reverse arc with a loud SWOOSH!

Club meets ball with a SNAP! And the ball soars.

He follows the ball with his gaze until he's satisfied the grins in glee, thinking, "Yup. they didn't see THAT coming! HAHA!"

Then begins accepting congratulatory handshakes, his self-deprecating small smile having returned.

heh

The man can learn anything enough to put on a good show!

He may never play golf, but he knows how to learn his part!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

I see Muski beat me to it! :)

The reporter who wrote this morning's Six Questions article in the Palm Beach Post is live blogging from the golf course today!

Quote:

Clay Aiken's Golf Tournment: Beginning golfers for inclusion

As I write this, Clay Aiken is standing behind perusing the yogurt and fruit table at Mirasol Country Club, and I am trying not to look behind me because stalking is bad.

Clay's here for Golfing For Inclusion, the first-ever charity golf tournament to support the Bubel-Aiken Foundation and its efforts to make sure disabled kids have the facilities to be included in summer camp and recreational activities. Golf pro Wayne Player, who has a really great South African accent, is here to handle the golf clinic and other golfy stuff, because Clay admits he can't play golf at all.

And Pam Bassett, of Topanga, California, is here to play golf, even though she's only taken lessons for a few months, because she likes Clay's music and loves his efforts towards inclusion.

"He always said he wanted to use his celebrity to support the cause of inclusion," explained Pam, a physician's assistant who has long worked in the disabilities community and who came all the way out here for the tournament. "When I saw the news about this, I said to my husband 'I'm gonna play that!'"

Even though she's not expecting a lot out of her golf game, Pam, who actually went over to say hi to Clay as I was trying not to stare at him, says its all about the clause.

"It's so impressive what he's accomplished in a couple of years," she said of Clay, who she has seen about 10 times on the West Coast. "He's touched the nerves of a lot of people with this."

Also, and this is shallow...his hair's looking really great today.

Author of this morning's article is blogging from the tournament:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content...aikens_gol.html

As I write this, Clay Aiken is standing behind perusing the yogurt and fruit table at Mirasol Country Club, and I am trying not to look behind me because stalking is bad.

Clay's here for Golfing For Inclusion, the first-ever charity golf tournament to support the Bubel-Aiken Foundation and its efforts to make sure disabled kids have the facilities to be included in summer camp and recreational activities. Golf pro Wayne Player, who has a really great South African accent, is here to handle the golf clinic and other golfy stuff, because Clay admits he can't play golf at all.

And Pam Bassett, of Topanga, California, is here to play golf, even though she's only taken lessons for a few months, because she likes Clay's music and loves his efforts towards inclusion.

"He always said he wanted to use his celebrity to support the cause of inclusion," explained Pam, a physician's assistant who has long worked in the disabilities community and who came all the way out here for the tournament. "When I saw the news about this, I said to my husband 'I'm gonna play that!'"

Even though she's not expecting a lot out of her golf game, Pam, who actually went over to say hi to Clay as I was trying not to stare at him, says its all about the clause.

"It's so impressive what he's accomplished in a couple of years," she said of Clay, who she has seen about 10 times on the West Coast. "He's touched the nerves of a lot of people with this."

There is a new view on right now and they just announced Clay would be on ???? what???

Talk about missing this boards, I really should not have checked the boards -

Do you mean the program The View?

There is a new view on right now and they just announced Clay would be on ???? what???

Talk about missing this boards, I really should not have checked the boards -

What??? EEEEEEEE! Yet again.

BWAH! luckiest! I see we're both reporting this morning! :cryingwlaughter: I'm gonna turn it over to you so that I can get to work....omg...it's starting, folks! :clap: Clay in the NEWS! Clay on the View! Clay teeing off! Clay hot as hell!

dancing bananas all around! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:manynanas: :nana: :nanas::dancingbanana::nanadance2::nanalove::nanadance:

It was just announced on The View that will be a guest in the next month! Apparently they were listing upcoming guests. I am not watching, this was posted at CV!

Kim

See, now that is the way to make a statement about his hair - simple & to the point! There are now 11,817 and 1/2 different images of Clay's perfect hair running through the Clay Nation's minds.... :imgtongue:

Dang!! My momma always told me...."Never learn to play golf. It's the only time you get the house to yourself once they retire."

My momma was sooooooo wrong. :cry4:

Curious.....do you all suppose Quiana is stay at Clay's while in Raleigh? After all...he isn't using the house right now!

*off to sign up for golf lessons*

Eeeeeeeeeeee....The View! When View people... WHEN? I need to put in for the morning off!

Heh, I have to clean my ears. Sorry if I panickked people. Had to run off and order tickets, Should have ordered them months ago. Guess this is part of the Spamalot Clack we will be getting.

I guess I have to go order my GMA tickets as well.

This morning I had an odd wake up call - besides the dog running around barking, I had a little brown bird flying around. I didn't wasnt a repeats of the 6 week squirrel incident where I would wake up with the squirrel sleeping next to me but could never catch it to get it to leave, so I ran around with a towel and tried to catch it, sort of. I was afraid it would go up staies and I would never get it and I was afraid the weight of the owel might hurt it, luckily, I had the mudroom door open as I chased it and it eventually went in there, thenI closed the house door and opened the storm door to the outside until it left.

Curious.....do you all suppose Quiana is stay at Clay's while in Raleigh? After all...he isn't using the house right now!

I wondered the same thing, rohdy!

As for golf lessons, I think they'd end up paying me *not* to take them - my aim is really that bad! :lmaosmiley-1:

As I postwhore to make up for last night, Did Quiana sound like she had a cold to anyone else? I thought it was a cute interview of her and it was nice that we finally get to see her being interviewed. I would still like to see her winning idol performance, although, I must admit she could beat Clay's rainbow song easily, such an melismafest and I am sure she dressed better - Which brings me to the issue that bugs me. People keep talking about Clay's sweater, but I can clearly see he was wearing a print shirt with white collar and cuffs. Really! Long ago issues still do roll around in my mind. Perhaps that is why I am starting to resemble an elephant in so many ways.

As I postwhore to make up for last night, Did Quiana sound like she had a cold to anyone else? I thought it was a cute interview of her and it was nice that we finally get to see her being interviewed. I would still like to see her winning idol performance, although, I must admit she could beat Clay's rainbow song easily, such an melismafest and I am sure she dressed better - Which brings me to the issue that bugs me. People keep talking about Clay's sweater, but I can clearly see he was wearing a print shirt with white collar and cuffs.ReallY! Long ago issues still do roll around in my mind. Perhaps that is why I am starting to resemble an elephant in so many ways.

It sounded like she either had a cold, or was really tired. I thought it was a cute interview, too!

Which brings me to the issue that bugs me. People keep talking about Clay's sweater, but I can clearly see he was wearing a print shirt with white collar and cuffs.

Sweater?

What sweater?

I'm with you...dark shirt, white collar and cuffs.

BWAH, muski, don't leave it to me, I'm supposed to be working here!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE looks like things are really picking up speed today!

Yeah, I am supposed to be working too!

Kim

Hey playbiller, I did the same thing with a mouse this morning. Our cats seem to think mice are for playing and not for eating. We finally caught it with a wastebasket and put it outside.

This is such a Clay day. Who would a thought? He could do such a comic routine talking about learning to dance and wearing chain mail.

Love the reports from the golf course. I actually played in a golf league for a few years when I was at home with my sons. One year I even won the longest tee shot. Unfortunately my short game was not so hot. Since I haven't played for a few years, I would be so embarrassed. I've got to give that woman credit for playing with some more experienced golfers. They can be pretty cutting when you make a really bad shot. My husband was the college golf team captain and he taught me the game. It was a good excuse for following him around and watching his tee shots from the rear. :lilredani:

I am not caught up, but is this too long for a thread title?

:cryingwlaughter:

Oh my GOD, I love him so.

ETA: Clay all in black, with blonde hair. Kill me now. :Thud:

WE NEED PICTURES. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

EATA: play, you mentioned ordering tickets for the View - did they say what DAY this month???

How many days until Spamalot? 11? 12? C'mon, I know some of you have it down to hours and miniutes...

Countdown to Spamalot!!!

I bookmarked the site ! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... it won't be long now !! :nanarow:

Well I don't have any photos up at work, but I do have my wallpaper, and I have had his cd on display since the MOAM days (it's an ATDW now). To this day, I've never had anybody disrespect him to me. It's either who is this? (Clay doesn't get much coverage in Canada, and next to no radio) or, oooh, is that Clay? I love his voice! He should've won! LOL. I will get the he is/is he? gay thing every so often, but I just laugh and say nope, and I don't pursue it. Now the guys in the shop, and their friends? they spent the first two years telling me how 'queer' he was. I spent the last of those completely ignoring them, and eventually they gave up. I do get the disbelieving eyerolls from my boss over how far I will go/how much I will spend to see him. Until I remind him of his $10,000+ toy car Jeff Gordon collection.

I absolutely believe it's a respect issue. Not of Clay, but of you. If people who are supposed to care about you are willing to insult your choices, to 'tease' to the point that you are angry and/or hurt, then they need to be told. If they still do it - well then there are more serious questions to be asked, IMO.

I agree it is a respect issue.

A quick post and then off to keep chachadotter#3 company while SIL gets a hernia operation. A few prayers in our general direction would be nice!!

Off to the hospital!

sending you good thoughts and prayers ! :thbighug-1:

BWAH! luckiest! I see we're both reporting this morning! :cryingwlaughter: I'm gonna turn it over to you so that I can get to work....omg...it's starting, folks! :clap: Clay in the NEWS! Clay on the View! Clay teeing off! Clay hot as hell!

dancing bananas all around! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:nanas::dancingbanana::nanadance2::nanalove:

:manynanas:

I love the blog from the West Palm Beach Post.... woo hoo !!! I also love all the news from the front lines !! It sounds like he looks all kinds of hot !! :hubbahubba: I need to pick up golf ...

More from CV:

from starrgirl at CB:

Wow. Sharon talks fast and I scribble badly. Here goes. She said she was looking at Clay right now. He is outside giving an interview and very animated and talking with his hands. His hair is down to his collar and blond and he is gorgeous, of course. All in black. Earlier, Wayne Player was giving him a golf lesson, but Clay never really held the club. Wayne was showing him how to swing and move his body. Sharon said it was a sight to behold, lol. He was mostly just fooling around. She said she was close enough to Clay to touch his..shoulder, but wants you all to know that she didn't.

She didn't know who Pam was, but she was talking to Jerome and others. From the other post, I see she is a fan from Ca. Mary is also there, but she has not seen any others from Team Clay. Jerome is standing right behind Clay and now he and Clay are heading into the club and towards Sharon and she doesn't want him to see her on the phone with me. The golfers are all lining up to tee off and it should start soon.

EEEEEE! Thanks annabear.

I can't even imagine being in a situation where "Clay is walking towards me". I mean, I've been in the same room with him, but always as part of a seated audience. Even at the BAF gala, he didn't eat in my dining room. It must be so exciting! *fingers crossed for pictures*