#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

My problem is my oldest DD and my DIL. They both think they are talking to some naive "older" woman who doesn't have the sense to know when someone is gay. They have to prove that they are smarter than me for some reason. And, it is totally a respect issue. They both have issues and it somehow makes them feel better to try to tear me down. To keep peace, I simply never bring him up when in family situations with either of them. I know it's them who have the problems, not me.

liney, this is just my opinion of course, but I think my daughter and daughter in law are part of a generation that has grown up with labels. I am going to assume that your DD and DiL are around the same age. I think our daughter's generation has learned to put a name on everything and everyone. 'He's ADD.' 'She's ADHD' 'He has Oppositional Defiance Disorder' 'She has sensory integration issues'...you get the idea...From the time they were young, someone, somewhere has tried to classify them and their friends, in some manner or another. I think they want to stick a label on Clay as if it will make some sense for them.

Did the board break? I feel a little like Will Smith in I Am Legend :cry4:

It always makes me laugh when some stranger at work comes up to my desk and tries to hint that maybe I am making a mistake....because they've heard that Clay is gay. As if that would totally change my mind about him! :cryingwlaughter: I always just say "well I'm not going to be sleeping with him any time soon so what would it matter if he was?" and they usually shut up about it.

As for family, I get the jealousy thing from my kids once in a while, but for the most part they are ok with things. I have made a concious effort to spend less time doing Clay stuff on the computer and more time with them. In the early days I think I may have gone a bit overboard.

My youngest son is pretty excited about coming to Spamalot with me in March! Of course, my daughter is a fan, but even she sometimes doesn't understand my level of obsession (i.e. downloading every piece of clack). But I think that might have more to do with my OCD tendencies than anything else....she also doesn't understand my need to database things (and I do that with things other than Clay, too).

My mom used to think I had lost my mind, back in 2004, until I brought her with me to a JNT in Detroit. She was in a van of women, singing Christmas songs all the way across the border because the radio was broken. When we arrived, we were greeting in the parking lot with hugs and presents from some friends from other states. When we got inside, people were approaching me to say they were glad we made it through the storm. My mom just couldn't get over the wonderful family vibe all night, and she's looked at my "obsession" in a whole new light ever since.

My one brother is a jerk about my Clay love, to the point that he refused to come to my house one Christmas if I played Clay music on the stereo (guess who won that battle? ;) ) but my cousin (who is like my sister) is totally cool with things, she respects that I've found something fun to do and encourages me to do it.

Here's a story that still has me picking my jaw up off the floor. A friend's husband was chatting with me at a Christmas party. He was talking about how much he enjoyed Josh Groban's Christmas album...I told him I thought he had a good voice, yada, yada....to which he replied: "God, I hope I don't find out he's gay!"

I kid you not. Now, my first question is WTF does that have to do with his ability to sing? I still shake my head in wonder....

I have met people who will not listen to Elton John's music now, because they know he's gay and to them, it means he is singing his love songs to a man and not a woman, and that bothers them. I'll never understand why people can't just appreciate beautiful music for what it is. It doesn't have to have a personal agenda.

Palm Beach Post

Six Questions for Clay Aiken

SIX QUESTIONS FOR CLAY AIKEN

By LESLIE GRAY STREETER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, January 07, 2008

Clay Aiken is not the first celebrity to hold a golf tournament as a charity fund-raiser. But he may be the first one who doesn't actually golf. At all.

"I am barely a putt-putt golfer," said the American Idol finalist and advocate, who nonetheless is coming to Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens today for the first-ever "Golf For Inclusion" tournament to benefit his Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which seeks inclusion for young people with special needs.

"I don't think that I could successfully do it. We'll do some sort of clinic that shows you what to do. I could show you what not to do. (If I played) we could be there all day long waiting for me."

Whether or not Aiken will be teeing off, he's undoubtedly the draw for the event, which includes a clinic by PGA pro Wayne Player and a silent auction. Even though he didn't actually win American Idol's second season crown, the North Carolina native has become a bestselling artist and the object of affection of the Claymates, who form one of the most dedicated fan cultures since Beatles fanatics donned the mop-top wigs.

A few weeks ago, the very busy singer checked in for a brief few minutes to talk about his dedication to the cause of inclusion, his Broadway debut, and the Claymates' possible future in international politics.

Question: So you don't golf. Why a golf tournament?

Answer: The goal is that we've had so much success with other fund-raisers and grass-roots support, we wanted to branch out to make sure that other people who might be familiar with me and the career I have are aware.

My dream is that (the foundation) can exist, should exist, without me needing to carry it. We want (the fund-raiser) to be lucrative and at the same time, to appeal to people who definitely would not be the demographic that would show up for my Christmas tour.

Golf would definitely appeal to a group that would often (be dedicated) to philanthropy but probably not vote for American Idol.

Q. The golf tournament will specifically benefit something called "Let's All Play Together." Tell me about that.

A. It's the kind of program that was a dream of mine when we started the foundation, not just because of my background with special education or my relationship with the Bubels (a family whose autistic son Clay met while studying special education).

I worked at some YMCAs, and I saw so many opportunities for kids with special needs to be included in summer camps, and yet they weren't. In so many instances, they were turned away because the YMCAs didn't have the facilities or trained staff to deal with them ... The (one) I worked at was not equipped and wasn't very enthusiastic about trying. "Let's All Play" is essentially a summer camp that is inclusive.

If there had been this curriculum at the Y's when I was there, those kids would not have been turned away. That's why this is so exciting to me.

Q. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of the fans this summer, and they're the most loyal fans of anyone I've ever met. They're a little nutty, in a good way.

A. (Chuckles) I try my best to not use words like that. They're enthusiastic without question.

Q. I said, nutty in a good way! What is it about you that inspires all that devotion?

A. I do not see what they see. I don't understand it, to be honest. I guess my mirror must be broken. I often say that the coolest thing about (the fans) is not just that they come to shows, but that they do support things that are important to me, like UNICEF and causes that I support.

And it's not just financial. You would be amazed how many fans have gone to their local Boys and Girls clubs and lobbied to start an "Let's All Play Together." It's really amazing. We've had organizations call us and say "A lot of women have called us and said we need to look into this."

I've had fans personally organize tee-ball teams to use the curriculum ... Nationwide, groups get together and wrap gifts for free in malls, for awareness of the foundation. We have raised quite a bit of money. They don't just man the booths - they started it.

Q. That's impressive.

A. I have said many times that if some of these presidential candidates had these ladies working for them, they'd win. If there had been Claymates looking to find Osama bin Laden, we'd have world peace right now.

Q. I understand you're going to be on Broadway in Spamalot. How in the world did that happen, and who do you play?

A. I play more than one character - I play three or four people, but my major role is Sir Robin. This isn't anything I necessarily thought I would ever do.

They contacted me over a year ago to see if I had any interest in doing it, and I went to see the show and thought "This is the stupidest show I've ever seen in my life!" But it's just the silliest, and I said "Let's see - I am silly." It's not your typical Broadway show.

A. I play more than one character - I play three or four people, but my major role is Sir Robin.

Wheeeeeeeee! We have verification! Some of the other roles he plays are hilarious, too. I can't wait for this.

So, I read elsewhere that one of the major boards might be having a golf cert tonight? Not sure which one. But it would be cool if we could get audio and stills. I am not hopeful for video.

A. I play more than one character - I play three or four people, but my major role is Sir Robin.

Wheeeeeeeee! We have verification! Some of the other roles he plays are hilarious, too. I can't wait for this.

So, I read elsewhere that one of the major boards might be having a golf cert tonight? Not sure which one. But it would be cool if we could get audio and stills. I am not hopeful for video.

I EEEEEEEEEEEEEEd too lucky...

and a golf cert...pretty cool! I am looking forward to new pictures...

Good Morning Everyone,

57 Degrees here this morning; feels good, but it can be confusing to the plants...looks like colder temps will be returning by the week-end.

CV is planning on having a golfcert this evening, I believe around 6:30 est. Hoping the Golf Outing is a big success for the BAF!

11 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

There are at least two people from CV who are at the golf tournament. I don't know the details, but they have been checking in and posting on the board.

Oooh, if any of you CVers are over there and happen to catch a post, would you mind bringing it over here for us?

There are at least two people from CV who are at the golf tournament. I don't know the details, but they have been checking in and posting on the board.

Oooh, if any of you CVers are over there and happen to catch a post, would you mind bringing it over here for us?

I second this request....

and I have to sniff cos aikim;s calendar only has one event left...sniff.

Yeah, but that event lasts for nearly five months!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heee.... yes the board did break. It's been down all night. I guess they moved us to a new server and it would have been nice if I had more than 6 hours warning that I didn't see until after it they went down and I went into withdrawals

Happy Monday

Yay for the great article..and this still makes me laugh

Q. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of the fans this summer, and they're the most loyal fans of anyone I've ever met. They're a little nutty, in a good way.

A. (Chuckles) I try my best to not use words like that. They're enthusiastic without question.

I know, makes me sad too...hoping he will be doing some morning show appearances I can to it.

Kim

UNICEF Field Notes

Thank You From Clay Aiken

In December, UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken visited children affected by the recent flooding in Mexico and made an appeal for $100,000 to support UNICEF programs.

Well, you did it again! I asked you to join me in supporting UNICEF programs in Mexico this holiday season and you exceeded my expectations. More than $100,000 before the end of the year--AMAZING! Thank you all so much.

As my friends at UNICEF mentioned, we are working hard to put together my holiday album from my trip with my mom and Brett in Mexico. We had a great time and met so many of the wonderful people your donations are going to help. Can't wait to share some of my favorite pictures with all of you!

Stay tuned--we'll get it out to you as soon as possible. Until then... I'm off to rehearsals.

I wanted to thank Caro for her great inclusion of FCA in her blog. Sales took a really big surge and we will probably double expectations which means TBAF will get a decent donation this time around.

Very cool! I personally had no idea a portion of these went to BAF....even cooler! (I assume we're talking about the pins...)

I can bring over info from CV as well, when I get home which will likely be 6:30-ish EST. If we get a stream, I have a stream subscription as well.

That part of the article jumped out at me, too! EEEEEEEEEEEE! We'll get to see lots of Clay!!

Yeah, I'm sad about that, too. We've been spoiled by having so many things to look forward to! At least we will be getting periodic reports from people going to Spamalot throughout Clay's run as Sir Robin (and other roles!).

I wanted to thank Caro for her great inclusion of FCA in her blog. Sales took a really big surge and we will probably double expectations which means TBAF will get a decent donation this time around.

:clap:

heee.... yes the board did break. It's been down all night. I guess they moved us to a new server and it would have been nice if I had more than 6 hours warning that I didn't see until after it they went down and I went into withdrawals

Happy Monday

Yay for the great article..and this still makes me laugh

Man, I had the DTs for a while when I couldn't get in!

I like artquest's solution.

And at some point, I will start digging through my flatware drawer for sporks....what's a good deadline for Xmas song analysis?

We try to donate a part of the profit to BAF whenever we make FCA pins and the rest goes to upkeep of the board..but since we don;t price this for profit, at times we truly can't since we just cover the cost for the pins and shipping. It all depends on how many orders we get cos the price of the pins goes down the more we order.

I love the phrase....off to go to rehearsals...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE ...

And at some point, I will start digging through my flatware drawer for sporks....what's a good deadline for Xmas song analysis?

The day after Scarlett puts her audio up? *ducks*

OMG thanks for reminding me...and yes...waiting for Scarlett too...(I guess blaming scarlett will always be a good excuse...)

A quick post and then off to keep chachadotter#3 company while SIL gets a hernia operation. A few prayers in our general direction would be nice!!

Everyone knows I love Clay, take trips for him and all. I have semi-clayverted my whole family. mr chach thinks he is a fine upstanding man, and was appalled at all the shit that went down in the past. He listens with relish to all Clay's escapades and keeps saying, "When will there be a new album?"

My BIL/boss did a big no no and drew a mustache on my Clay calendar a couple of years ago (the OH-fishul one!) and I railed him about it. My job is such that I can take off whenever I want to (there are only 2 of us!) so I don't have a problem there (I just don't get paid when I'm not there!) I get a little grief now and then, but most people know it makes me happy. My daughters even brag about my web site to people sometimes!

I guess I've got it good!

Off to the hospital! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A quick post and then off to keep chachadotter#3 company while SIL gets a hernia operation. A few prayers in our general direction would be nice!!

Everyone knows I love Clay, take trips for him and all. I have semi-clayverted my whole family. mr chach thinks he is a fine upstanding man, and was appalled at all the shit that went down in the past. He listens with relish to all Clay's escapades and keeps saying, "When will there be a new album?"

My BIL/boss did a big no no and drew a mustache on my Clay calendar a couple of years ago (the OH-fishul one!) and I railed him about it. My job is such that I can take off whenever I want to (there are only 2 of us!) so I don't have a problem there (I just don't get paid when I'm not there!) I get a little grief now and then, but most people know it makes me happy. My daughters even brag about my web site to people sometimes!

I guess I've got it good!

Off to the hospital! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good thoughts and prayers to you and your family....

oh big thank you to the CVers that are volunteering to bring reports here. I hope we can get reports from all over. I'm sure CB, CH and OFC will have some too.

i am so glad the board is up again this morning. i panicked when i couldn't get on last night and thought i'd gotten myself banned. today, i am heading out to get my hair cut and colored cuz i don't want any of those gray hairs showing when i go to see our boyfriend. and i loved that article posted today. he is so adorable.