#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

I am just sitting here waiting for Rewind to start at 11pm. I usually tape it but I do not work tomorrow so I will stay up. It is funny because we all know how it went, but have to watch anyway. I missed it the first time, because I was teaching a class and did not start watching to about the second week once the top 12 were selected.

I cannot wait for fan reviews of Spamolot. I know that everyones opinion will vary, but good or bad it will be interesting. I hope that those who are always negative will a least try to find something positive to report. I am one who may not like everything he has done, but I can always find enjoyment in him.

Cesberry loaded out some clips of Quiana's "audition" here

The MP3s will eventually be loaded to the vault, but you can listen to them here. I love her Here and Somewhere.

I'm confused........audition? These sound like studio files. Beautiful. And Clay is talking in one? Wheeeeeeeeeee! I guess they are live.

Since no one answered my question, I went in search of the answer myself. This is the explanation from cesperry at the CH:

I have something I’d like to share while we wait through this long week. It’s a little bit of Clack and a lot of Q-clack. Back in early October, Clay and Quiana were at the NC Theatre for the Dinner on Stage fundraiser, where Quiana was performing as part of the entertainment for the event. This performance was actually her audition for the part in Dreamgirls. There was a recording made of the event. I think it was recorded from the microphone because it’s very clear with little to no background noise. Quiana sang 5 songs and Clay did a 3:54min very sweet, introduction for one of them.

The songs she sang are…

“I Can’t Make You Love Me”. Look out Clay fans. The guy that had to follow her said “Why do I have to go after her? Wow – Amazing. I could listen to her sing the phone book. Couldn’t you?” That sounds familiar.

“Home” from the Wiz

“Somewhere” from Westside Story- the song she says got her cut from AI.

“I Will Always Love You”

And “I’m Changing” from Dreamgirls

I assume everyone is giving an honest opinion.

(Even if they're completely deluded.)

I'm not sure that seeing things in a positive light is any more or less objective that seeing things in a negative light.

People have different tastes, afterall, different approaches to the world.

I like virtually all music--all kinds--aboriginal, rock, heavy metal, classical, opera, pop, sing-a-long--(well, except for progressive jazz, which I believe is a true art form and requires great talent, but I just don't like to listen to it. However, if I go to a jazz concert, I refrain from bitching about my personal preferences since I figure no one gives a shit and I could have stayed home.)

LOL, I got to post the words: "Clay's firm" and "oft-repeated" in a non-smutty post elsewhere!!! *giggles*

Can I repeat them here in the appropriate font? Could I? Could I? *tugs at the admins shirts*

Oh Dear, Scarlett is being smutty.

Heh, the power of the internet - I posted about Idol Madness contest and suggest that Rickey Smith could use some help and he went from 25% against Jasmine Trias to 60%. I was kidding, but I guess most people took it seriously. I just thought it would be a fun game to amuse people.

Or Brett Favre.

Step away from the Favre. He's my second bestest boyfriend in the whole wide world!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Is there anyone else who's thrilled for Brett Favre besides JJ & I? And woo-hoo for Eli Manning. This was a good NFL weekend for me.

play, I was just asking innocently. LOL!

Just saw Clay on AI Rewind...gosh, watching that show and then looking at pictures from GFI and I cannot believe it is the same person!

Love it when he was talking about his "shtick" on the show!

Kim

I thought Clay was extremely cute when he said "you just want to pinch Ruben's cheeks" Maybe Ruben had some kind of personality that didn't translate in front of the cameras, cause I sure never saw it!! Anyhow - it was fun seeing some new interview footage from all the contestants. Although I have to admit, I FF'd thru a lot of the performances!!

You guys just have to watch TAR tonight, it is hysterically funny, in a bitchy way. Hee. And great tasks this week!!

I watched TAR - I loved the outcome!!! Karma, baby!! Comes back and bites you in the @$$ everytime!!!

5 more days!! I sure hope that Nor'Easter doesn't make it to NYC!!! :snowing2::smoke:

Can we add some SPAMALOT smileys???

SHUBERTSMI.gifSIRROBIN.gif

SRGIF333.gifspamalotsign.gifTORCHCLAYCARb.gif

Spam.gifnewplanemsml.gif

Now I have never heard of anyone recognising a picture in an Antique shop until last week. My DH's cousin was at my MIL's funeral and he told us he was in an Antique store in Michigan and saw a picture in a frame that he thought he recognised, It turned out to be a wedding pic of my MIL & FIL! He bought it for $10 and is going to scan it and send it to us as none of us has ever seen it. The owner of the shop said she had never had anyone recognise a pic before and she had been in the business over 30 years.

I just got lost in the videos of Johnny Tillotson! OMG Poetry in Motion (back then) was my all time favourite. Thanks for finding those for me!

Don't believe anything Kandre says about the eHP! We are innocent! Also I was not there.... I didn't do it .....and I don't know these people. I think I'll take the 5th! :11:

Hee!! That brought back some memories didn't it? He was good in his day. Glad you liked it.

If I remember correctly, Angie's CD; and I think it was an EP, was actually sold during the JBT...I remember when Clay took his orange shirt off and had a t-shirt on with Angie's picture and promoted the CD in the lobby. Haven't heard anything else after that.

Angie's company seemed to be doing something very wrong, at the time it seemed like all the artists were suing them. Clay said not to go to that website anymore and go to Angie's myspace instead.

Maybe a better question is - why do you care if people like something that you don't? Since this is all just individual opinions, not directives, why does it matter? Some people are just not in this fandom thing in order to point out "wrong" things, is all.

Well, I can tell you why I scroll certain people, which interestingly enough included all the reputed friends of FC. I scrolled them because it hurt too much with my eyes rolling so far back in my head. I just figured it was better to skip some people who said the dumbest things. Of course, I have discovered lately, that I keep missing some posts I did not mean to miss because the little orange thing does not always get me to the first unread post.

Note: [b]I read people who agree and disagree with me and a bunch who both agree and disagree, as long as they are readable without getting a sharp pain

Good answer, good answer. :cryingwlaughter: I think I will let your answer stand for me, as well. I agree it is better to just skip over some people who say the dumbest things. The scroll button can be your best friend on message boards, so "they" say.

Hey, it looks like the AP wire is distributing an excerpt from the Newsweek interview. But no, it's not the part where he refuses to answer questions:

Clay Aiken didn't get 'Python' at first

Thanks Jenna for the link. I hope the NYC critics will be kind to Clay. It appears he is rehearsing and taking it seriously. He seems to be a bit nervous, which is not a usual trait I see in him, IMO.

Is there anyone else who's thrilled for Brett Favre besides JJ & I?

But of course! Your SUPPOSED to like him. He plays the hero. He is much loved. And praised. And exhalted. And nominated for Sainthood at least every other Sunday.

Except of course by me, [sv] which was sorta the point of my post. [/sv]

---

Monday. Again? Why is it always Monday? :glare:

HE BLOGGED

Don't you just want to lick him senseless hug him and tell him he'll be swell?

I see y'all have figured out Quiana's slide show, so you probably don't need these pictures that I've rummaged around and found in my photobucket, but I'll post them anyway.

Clay with Quiana's baby, shortly after Chamberlain was born.

UncleClay.jpg

Clay and Quiana at the Tonight Show, Sept. 2006

LenoCQ091506.jpg

The Group from Summer 2007. Jesse, the pianist and musical director is in the blue shirt, and Sean (the Little Drummer Boy) is in the pinkish shirt.

AshevilleDCAT9.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics, I hadn't seen them before so..... I appreciate them!

HE BLOGGED

OK, I notice that the blog hasn't been pasted here so I guess it is against the law to do that.

Here's my question: How do I get to read it ... I am not a member of OCA and I understand they are presently closed to new members.

Do you think Clay would mind if someone PM'd the blog to me if I swore to not divulge the contents even to my dog? I am really good at keeping secrets because I know that people who can't keep secrets don't get told anything. (People who can't keep secrets are useful though, if you wanted something broadcast to the world, you just tell that person and tell them it is highly confidential!! Bingo, free advertising...)

I could not stand to watch much of Group 2 Rewind either....I saw bits of it while talking on the phone, tho. I caught the part where he is sitting between Kim and Ruben holding hands, eyes closed, and I wanted to tell him Don't worry! You'll be FINE!!!!!!

Don't think I want to listen to any cell-cert stuff in real time on Friday, either. Been there, had my high squashed fucking flat by totally predictably historically pissy remarks.

Hey, I scroll past stuff that might be dumb, too! I just don't think we all have the same definition of dumb, is all. I don't think an opinion of anything Clay does is "dumb", but I have a constellation of other adjectives I can apply! And I never assume anyone is blowing smoke when they like something, why would they? Maybe they just LIKE him!

Heeeee.....much as I love opera, I hatessssss that Flower Song thingy with a passion, it hurts my ears, but I assume all the other people who love it are quite sincere, and none of us is "dumb", we just like different things.

IOW, to me - someone having a different opinion on a subjective thing is not dumb. But saying they are dumb because they have a different opinion - is dumb. I find the conspiracy theory crap ridiculous, a by-product of the people who got sucked into the fake Clay crap, but the C.T. peeps seem to have gathered into little groups elsewhere, so its all good! THAT is what I consider dumb. And kinda pointless, really.

Don't know whose idea it was having Billy Bush announce Golden Globes last night, but for some reason he always irritates me, and the "show" sucked. I caught the Critics' Awards Saturday night on VH1.....Eddie Izzard was wonderful, introducing the award for Best Documentary, and it was nice to see all the stahs sitting around fairly casually.

play said:

Heh, the power of the internet - I posted about Idol Madness contest and suggest that Rickey Smith could use some help and he went from 25% against Jasmine Trias to 60%. I was kidding, but I guess most people took it seriously. I just thought it would be a fun game to amuse people.
Hey! I voted for Ricky because I really like him!

Good Morning Everyone,

Add me to the "Love Brett Favre, Love the Packers" list...Can't wait until Sunday!

4 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

8 Days until Clay is on The View!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I would never classify anyone's opinion as dumb, but everyone reacts differently to situations and I find there are some posters who always seem to have an emotional reaction to anything Clay, positive or negative and sometimes those reactions don't make a lot of sense to me because that is where the conspiracy theories, etc. come from. I tend to look at things from a more logical, common sense angle (at least I hope I do); never have been the real fangirly type, so that kind of reaction is a little foreign to me.

Kim

Don't think I want to listen to any cell-cert stuff in real time on Friday, either. Been there, had my high squashed fucking flat by totally predictably historically pissy remarks.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Since it is just going to be before and after stuff (plus intermission) I'm not sure it's something I want to spend money on right now, either. But I sure hope some of our FCAers will be checking in! *hint, hint*

And I never assume anyone is blowing smoke when they like something, why would they? Maybe they just LIKE him!

Thanks for saying this. Just because you won't find me posting about things I don't like doesn't mean I don't 'not like' anything (how's that for a double negative?) I post about things I like, and when I like them, I really LIKE them. :)

Hee, ET online has Clay as one of their most eligible bachelors!

http://www.etonline.com/yir2007/2007/11/55624/index.html

CLAY AIKEN

Birth Place: Raleigh, NC

Birth Date: November 30, 1978

Upcoming projects: Has signed on to join the Broadway cast of Monty Python's Spamalot on January 18, 2008.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Since it is just going to be before and after stuff (plus intermission) I'm not sure it's something I want to spend money on right now, either. But I sure hope some of our FCAers will be checking in! *hint, hint*

CV is also scheduled to have pre and post-show cellcerts on Friday night. I don't know if they try for an intermission phone call or not.

I don't know why everybody is trying to clarify their posting style. Just post what you want and read what you want, give your fellow posters the benefit of the doubt and short termy memory work too. LOL.

It's Monday already. I guess I should drag myself up and out of here. Happy Monday.

We have a lot of members going to the show so if any of you would just like to call up another one of us to report your impressions at any time during the evening that would be cool. Not a formal thing cuz you enjoying your self comes first.