#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

WOW, how totally awesome about the bus advertising! ....and LOVE that more detailed interview where he talks about Mike Nichols! I'm hoping this association is a good one for him down the road. I can see it already HAS been a good one for him this go-round! He looks and sounds so happy! I thought I would never again see that high-energy sparkle that he had during AI. I'm so glad I was wrong!

Haven't had hours in the day unfortunately, to collect Spam emoticons...but nonetheless, my heart is in NYC on Broadway tonight.

Clay :F_05BL17blowkiss: Break a leg, babe!

ETA: I was just looking at the representing list from CV...did a quick count and based on the stated theatre size, the list from there alone will comprise about 5% of the audience. :clap: And that's just one board.

I know Clay knows....but I'm so thrilled to see him so surrounded by "family", even if I can't be one of them!

I think there will be pictures and there will be video - but it will be leagal and will be available from the press and from TV shows and from the OFC. The dreamgirls video was taken down, you know. A play is a play. I am wondering if I should remove my link of dream girls - I had 1200 downloads of a video at 4 shared and I wonder if it is an issue. I think it did not stop a lot of people from going. I wasn't going to fly to NC. I don't really know

Surely it would NOT stop people from going. Broadway is Broadway, you could never capture the spirit of Broadway on video so it would surely only serve to entice people to go and to make those who live too far away jealous as hell! Surely the clips on You Tube did not stop anyone from attending a Clay concert?

If I were living close enough to go, the only doubt I would have about Spamalot is that I am NOT a Monty Python fan. But a true fan would be like a parent, you go to your kid's recital for one reason and one reason only - because your kid is performing! Also, Spamalot is so different to anything Clay has done since 2003 that I think the novelty factor for both him and the fans would be something worth experiencing.

OK, maybe I am rambling on too much for someone from the other end of the world but that's how I see it!!

Bring on the dancing bananas!!!!

:manynanas: :manynanas:

and in honor of Clay's opening night....a banana chorus line!!!

:nanarow: :nanarow: :nanarow:

I created a spamalot chat and discussion thread

I don;t think we will be very strict about where we should post things about the show but I thought this would be a good place to have for those that wants to discuss the show in detail. This will be a spoiler thread so those that want to remain unspoiled...beware.

I also got an idea from ldyJ...to watch the dl tonight as the play is going and as I check out the boards. So if anyone wants to join me in chatting about the show as it happens...we can do it there.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I also got an idea from ldyJ...to watch the dl tonight as the play is going and as I check out the boards. So if anyone wants to join me in chatting about the show as it happens...we can do it there.

what is "dl" ?

In selfish news, is there a support group for those of us not going to this show? I was really fine with that until I read his blog last night, and then suddenly, I was selfishly despairing for me. (More than a few tears were shed...) I'm seriously gonna have to figure out how to go to this show and negotiate with my husband at the same time.

OK, I'm done whining now.

I am truly happy for all those people who will be there tonight. You'll have a once in a lifetime moment with Clay. Good for you.

{{{{{{ldyj}}}}}}} Good luck with your negotiations!

what is "dl" ?

claytonic - There's a download of the whole Broadway Spamalot show that was made available here. It was ripped from youtube, so the quality isn't fantastic, but it allows you to see what the show is all about. And it's clear enough to be really funny! I'm not sure where the links are now - anybody else know?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for opening night! I'm so excited!!

I am beginning to get excited!!

I even got to work extra early so I could leave at 12:30 and make my train!

I get to see our Knightly, Studly, Chicken-Choking boyfriend tonight!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!

:coolchicken::coolchicken::coolchicken::coolchicken:

See some of you there and I will be reporting in to others!!

Cannot wait!!

But now I better get back to work since I came in early and all to, you know, actually get something accomplished!

Funny dream, muski! :lmaosmiley-1:

This is beyond exciting! Just imagine how it must be for Clay's family and REAL friends if we're so wired! I'm so danged proud of him I could scream....

Yes! Me too! I keep finding myself stopping and thinking about tonight and smiling and tearing up. GAH!!! :wub:

It's taking every bit of self control I have not to head straight to the airport on my lunch hour - I even put my credit card in my bag last night. It wouldn't be a complete lie if I called the office & told them I wouldn't be back because I was stuck in traffic - they don't necessarily need to know where......

*Gets out the sprial bound notebook and writes "It's more special to wait - Clay said so." 500 times.*

Break a leg tonight, Clay! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

claytonic - There's a download of the whole Broadway Spamalot show that was made available here. It was ripped from youtube, so the quality isn't fantastic, but it allows you to see what the show is all about. And it's clear enough to be really funny! I'm not sure where the links are now - anybody else know?

Ha that's okay, after reading your post I went straight to YouTube and did a search on Spamalot+Sir Robin. OMG those lyrics are outrageous!!

I can't wait for those "spoilers" from everyone who will be there tonight!

Hm... you know how when a Broadway show is successful... it ends up as a blockbuster movie?

And you know how a former Idol finalist who did NOT win Idol but was cast in a major role in the movie version of a Broadway hit ... and won the biggest movie award of all?

OK.. now you know what I am thinking :party038:

Someone at CH remembered that Jan 17th, 2006 at 4am Clay posted the bible verse and our world flipped upside down. That blew my mind. The last two years have been filled with ups and downs. The fandom circled the wagons for him, but also suffered and became hypervigilant and afraid. These last two weeks have been so filled with joy and anticipation and, I think, healing. He and we, IMO, are ready to go forward, stronger for the last two years, into the stratosphere he was headed for before the mess. And, will appreciate it and treasure it all the more.

Break a leg, Clay/Sir Robin!!!

Everyone have FUN tonight!!!

{{{{{ldyj}}}}}

Someone at CH remembered that Jan 17th, 2006 at 4am Clay posted the bible verse and our world flipped upside down. That blew my mind. The last two years have been filled with ups and downs. The fandom circled the wagons for him, but also suffered and became hypervigilant and afraid. These last two weeks have been so filled with joy and anticipation and, I think, healing. He and we, IMO, are ready to go forward, stronger for the last two years, into the stratosphere he was headed for before the mess. And, will appreciate it and treasure it all the more.

Break a leg, Clay/Sir Robin!!!

Everyone have FUN tonight!!!

{{{{{ldyj}}}}}

1) What Bible quote was it and what happened?

2) What "mess"?

Boy I sure have been out of the loop!

Wow, liney, the whole mess started exactly two years ago? And now look where our boyfriend is at! His 15 minutes of fame have been extended numerous times, and he's still a major newsmaker. Take that, you stupid gnats!

Hubby and I just finshed booking our NY flight for March!! YAY!!!! Thank goodness for American Express points - they paid for one of our tickets. Now I just have to make the hotel reservation, and we're all good.

:nana: :nanarow: :nana:

Hm... you know how when a Broadway show is successful... it ends up as a blockbuster movie?

And you know how a former Idol finalist who did NOT win Idol but was cast in a major role in the movie version of a Broadway hit ... and won the biggest movie award of all?

OK.. now you know what I am thinking :party038:

Hee...I was thinking of the same thing. Its not the first time the broadway version of a film was made into a film...hee.

ok...temper expectations...temper expectations.

BTW...for those that want to get a dl that 00lsee put together...this post has the links to the 5 smaller parts. Claytonic...00lsee was so kind as to hunt down all those you tube clips and put it together in order so that it will be easy to see the whole show. Now this will never replace seeing the show...but its just great to know what he will be saying and singing and not be in the dark when those that see the show start discussing it.

Reports from a couple of CV'ers who are swarming around Manhattan this morning:

Report from Broadway!

They are standing on a corner waiting for a Bus with Clay's picture to go by. They said this morning every bus seemed to have his picture and now they can't seem to find one. So we kind of exaggerated the 'all the buses have Clay's picture' on them Only some do!

They were at GMA this morning and spoke to Diane Swayer and asked her is she was going to see Clay tonight. She answered that 'Clay asked me not too - he's so nervous!' So she will be going to see Clay - maybe tomorrow but she didn't confirm.

Also on breaks off camera Diane apparently asked David Hyde Pierce about Clay taking over his role but they couldn't make out his answer - but it was cool that Clay was a topic of conversation!

It's been so fun to read the past few days, everyone is excited and bursting with anticipation.

Break a leg, Clay :F_05BL17blowkiss:

To everyone going to see Clay tonight. Thank you for being there for him, for representing all of us. You will take part in Clay's history. This is the only opening night broadway debut he will ever have. What a special thing to get to experience. So tonight, you will not only be breathing the same "broadway" air as Clay Aiken, he will be breathing the same air as you and know that he is surrounded by love and support. :clap:

ETA: Sorry, Ansamcw , I didn't see that you had already reposted the links. Thanks for that! So, yeah, here they are again! LOL

As to what happened to the Spam links, here they are again, if anyone needs them. I made a DVD for myself on two discs (let me know if you want the clips in just two parts or even in just one) and it was quite viewable, even on a big screen (or course, my opinion may be colored by the fact that I already knew what was happening in any given scene). The sound, at least, is always good. Having Spam songs drifting through my head all day long means I find myself grinning for no reason at odd times...but I think my family is getting used to it.

((((GROUP HUGS)))) to all who are not attending. I'm taking a HARD look at our finances for the first time in, oh, decades (heh) and for now, I'm unwilling to spend the money to go. But, as soon as everyone is home at the same time, I plan to say that if I have to give up Clay Aiken on Broadway due to finances, there sure as hell (yes, I said hell) are not going to be frippery, meaningless, expensive, reckless indulgences for the time being. And hubby is going to change his ways and start paying the credit cards ON TIME. Okay, so he travels a lot, but did you know if you're late a time or two, your interest rate can triple? *sigh* Yeah, stupid stuff like that is keeping me from seeing Clay on Broadway. So, yeah, I'm good and steamed about it. And sad. And remorseful (for overspending at Christmas, for example). And determined. Hm...so, looking at it that way, NOT getting to go might be the best thing to happen to our financial situation in a while. And now that I know how much hubby spends on cigars and golf clubs, I think I have a legitimate grievance.

So, yeah. It sucks (yes, I said sucks)...and I've got enough "sorry" to go around for all of you/us who will be at home, wishing you were there.

The video helps, though, at least it helps me. I can SEE Clay in my mind's eye, even though my imagination is likely to fall very far from the reality. I think high expectations are fine. Opening night might be a little "rough" just because that's how it goes in theater, but as time goes on, I think Clay is going to dazzle in that role...he's just so funny and so talented. And maybe he can wear some special ankle supports in his boots for the dancing. I don't want him to actually 'break a leg', you know! :)

Love y'all. Hang in there. Here are the links:

RVzlady has generously allowed me to upload the spam media to a more permanent home, this time in five, very easily digested clips.

No frills, but still much easier to watch (and download) than more than twenty youtube clips, that's for sure. Those who would prefer the set of four files, the set of two files or the single (huge!) file, please let me know if you have trouble acquiring those, as I will not be babysitting those links.

Anyway, here are the links:

part one of five

part two of five

part three of five

part four of five

part five of five

For those who like to read the end of a book first, Sir Robin's big number is at the beginning of part four.

00lsee, thanks so much for sharing the links again! I agree that it's great to watch the clips and imagine Clay in the role.

I'm truly sad for those who can't go to Spamalot. There have been a couple of tours I haven't been able to go to, due to finances, a demanding job and family obligations. I understand how difficult it is to be at home while everyone else is eeeeeeeing over being at the last appearance.

BTW...for those that want to get a dl that 00lsee put together...this post has the links to the 5 smaller parts. Claytonic...00lsee was so kind as to hunt down all those you tube clips and put it together in order so that it will be easy to see the whole show. Now this will never replace seeing the show...but its just great to know what he will be saying and singing and not be in the dark when those that see the show start discussing it.

Thanks soooo much Ansamcw... actually even if I were able to go, I would still watch these first as a "warm-up", so that I wouldn't be totally out of my comfort zone because I have never been able to ''get' Monty Python. It's like the first time I went to an Opera, my friend had to explain the story to me first so that I wouldn't be totally lost.

Orientations for the library are done for the day. I still need to keep track of the reference desk, but I think I've got time to quote a few people and such.

Thanks guys for all the hugs and such and {{{{{00lsee and those others who can't make it for whatever reason}}}}}}. I was really tired yesterday after my headache day, so I think that partially had to do with my feeling all weepy (for a selfish reason) last night. It just really HIT ME, you know? At this point, I know many good friends are offering suggestions for a cheap way to get to NYC and cheap places to stay and such, and I'm hoping that if I can find a time in my schedule, and a plan to keep it "on the dirt cheap," I might be able to figure out a way. My husband has been so good to me, and I love him deeply, so we'll just keep the negotiations open.

For those of us who can't go, let's hope we get a little peek into things with some legitimate clack. I'm thinking we will.

I'm thinking that as well...or should I say "hoping and praying?" My hope is that Clay's informed the producers that this fandom has really gotten used to having their clack fix. I also hope he's told them that if he asks us to not take clack, we'll obey....but it would be a really good idea to offer an official DVD to make the fandom happy. Just a dream of mine.

He's even appreciated the rather bizarre visualizations and motivations Nichols uses. "He was trying to teach me to react to something," says Aiken. "He said, 'Imagine if you came in and we said, 'Every fifteenth performance, we cut off a toe.'"

BWAH!

Headed for the airport! Eeeeeeeeeeee!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I really am so happy for those of you going tonight. It's got to be a dream come true.

And love, love, love that he is going to try his best to make every performance. Not that I expected any less, I knew he would. I hope that if something unforseen happens, and he misses one, the fans in attendance will be understanding, though.

Yeah, his incredible work ethic will kick just about....oh say, now, and I think he'll do everything in his power to make every single show. And I do hope that the disappointment will be minimal if he does have to miss a show. Things happen!

How cool is this?

QUOTE(caperkeeper @ Jan 18 2008, 06:52 AM)

Got a call from Claysfayevorite and IBG this morning - they are waiting at GMA and guess what? As they are standing there they see Clay's Face on all the City Buses! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That's very cool. Maybe the reason they haven't seen any more lately is because Clay fans have stolen them already? *g*

ETA: Happy to see a couple of Spamalot-related options for the thread title. I always like a title that is looking ahead, not back.

I know, that's almost always a problem. And if had waited a few more hours for the poll, I could have added this gem from couchie:

Break a leg, save a toe Clay.

BWAH!!!!

I honestly don't think I'll join in the chat, per se, because I haven't watched the show yet via the download. But I will try to time it so that when the curtain goes down on the cellcert, I'll fire up the download and start watching. Ansa, IM me when the halftime report comes on so I can listen to live EEEEEing!

By the way, I'm having Spam and eggs for dinner tonight. Anyone else?

ClayIzzaQT did a few screencaps from the ET piece. I love these two of his gorgeous eyes:

et_bigeyes2.jpg

et_bigeyes.jpg

And this one is hilarious:

et_pianofrustration.jpg

I love all three of those pictures. I don't normally pay attention to his eyes, but wow, they are certainly green. Guh. And that silly man, I love him so.

((((GROUP HUGS)))) to all who are not attending. I'm taking a HARD look at our finances for the first time in, oh, decades (heh) and for now, I'm unwilling to spend the money to go. But, as soon as everyone is home at the same time, I plan to say that if I have to give up Clay Aiken on Broadway due to finances, there sure as hell (yes, I said hell) are not going to be frippery, meaningless, expensive, reckless indulgences for the time being. And hubby is going to change his ways and start paying the credit cards ON TIME. Okay, so he travels a lot, but did you know if you're late a time or two, your interest rate can triple? *sigh* Yeah, stupid stuff like that is keeping me from seeing Clay on Broadway. So, yeah, I'm good and steamed about it. And sad. And remorseful (for overspending at Christmas, for example). And determined. Hm...so, looking at it that way, NOT getting to go might be the best thing to happen to our financial situation in a while. And now that I know how much hubby spends on cigars and golf clubs, I think I have a legitimate grievance.

So, yeah. It sucks (yes, I said sucks)...and I've got enough "sorry" to go around for all of you/us who will be at home, wishing you were there.

Love y'all. Hang in there.

00lsee, you've pretty much summarized my life too, in many ways. My husband, in the past four months, has suddenly gotten very serious about saving for retirement. That's great, and I love him for that....but it's also put a crimp into some fun stuff that I've been used to doing too. OTOH, he's a guitar guy, and he likes toys that go along with that. As I said, negotiations will be ongoing.

The video helps, though, at least it helps me. I can SEE Clay in my mind's eye, even though my imagination is likely to fall very far from the reality. I think high expectations are fine. Opening night might be a little "rough" just because that's how it goes in theater, but as time goes on, I think Clay is going to dazzle in that role...he's just so funny and so talented. And maybe he can wear some special ankle supports in his boots for the dancing. I don't want him to actually 'break a leg', you know! :)

I love this! That's what I'm planning to do tonight -- watch the play and just mentally add Clay into the Sir Robin role. Now, it sounds like there will be some changes made specifically for Clay, but ya'll will be able to report those later to us. I too think tonight will be a "get the nerves out of the way" performance, but I have every confidence that he'll figure out the best way to do his best. He'll be fantastic.

I am not sure which thread/sub-forum to post this in, but since I've been living in THIS one, it might as well be this one.

Last year, I joined another Clay forum and was disappointed with it, I really felt lost and like an outsider, and the forum wasn't user-friendly for someone with my limited technical skills. I can't believe how helpful everyone has been in this forum and so willing to help me catch up with news and information about Clay, not just here on the board but in PM as well. And the forum colors here are beautiful and so easy on the eyes. I really want to thank those responsible for making this such a great place and most of all, such a welcoming place for someone like me who has so much to catch up on. My intention originally was to lurk and soak up everything I've missed, rather than post, but now that I've found that my posts bring me even more goodies, I guess I will lurk AND post.... lol