#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

merrieee! I'm hoping that I can still get into the CH cellstream so that I can hear you eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ing! tomorrow night... :F_05BL17blowkiss: This is beyond exciting! Just imagine how it must be for Clay's family and REAL friends if we're so wired! I'm so danged proud of him I could scream....

Couchie and I will be huddled over our laptops tomorrow night, pizza and beer in hand, salivating over every word and other sounds that you and others lucky enough to be there share with us!

:04: :trink4::giantpopcorn::tomato::chacha::whee::twinklewhore::onhishead: :headbangerf:

So....at Clay's request.....no pictures.... *whimper* ......no video.... * sob*

Ummmmmm....

How about sketches?

Ya know, like they do in court...where the camera's aren't allowed, so someone sets there and sketches the action for us.

That could work....don't ya think?

Pleeeeeeeeeease.............

So....at Clay's request.....no pictures.... *whimper* ......no video.... * sob*

Ummmmmm....

How about sketches?

Ya know, like they do in court...where the camera's aren't allowed, so someone sets there and sketches the action for us.

That could work....don't ya think?

Pleeeeeeeeeease.............

I like that idea. I just want something, you know?

Damn it, I want to see this show so fucking badly.

Oh god I'm way past insane.......I have to get up at 3:30 and I cannot go to bed. I am too wired!

I LOVE the excitement tonight! Heeee, merrieeee, there are a few of us who are just as insane.

Everyone going tomorrow night - have a FANTASTIC time!!

how much more adorable can the man be?

Not much, that's for sure. Great blog, as usual. I love Clay's conversational tone! I think it was very smart of him to make those requests directly, and at the last minute. If the fans don't listen to him, then I just don't get what a fan is.

I am so excited for him! :clap:

And I'm glad I won't be home tomorrow night, because it's almost too much.... I welcome a distraction. But when I get home, I'm sure I'll run to the boards for news. I'm addicted, you see. And..... I'm going next weekend!

Good luck Clay! Have a great time!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Tomorrow is the night!!!

Good trip to those going to New York...and have fun tomorrow!!!

We are going to be anxious about your reports

To Clay....Break a leg!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He asks us to be gentle with him...shit...how much more adorable can the man be?

Tomorrow night will be like the 'old days' when we waited to get reports for the people coming home from the concerts. It's almost like we've come full circle as far as Clack is concerned.

I am so proud and happy to be along with him for this ride. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA...show starts at 8 EST Couchie!

It's kind of like coming full circle all around. This is a first for him and a mighty fine first. I like what he said about if you can do Broadway you can do anything. I am so excited for him and yeah, I want to go too. For those of us who can't go, let's hope we get a little peek into things with some legitimate clack. I'm thinking we will.

I think there will be pictures and there will be video - but it will be leagal and will be available from the press and from TV shows and from the OFC. The dreamgirls video was taken down, you know. A play is a play. I am wondering if I should remove my link of dream girls - I had 1200 downloads of a video at 4 shared and I wonder if it is an issue. I think it did not stop a lot of people from going. I wasn't going to fly to NC. I don't really know

I'll be home from work 5ish, just as the play starts. I will be glued to the computer for the night, by the phone, waiting with bated breath. Have a blast everyone!!!

Break a leg, Clay.... blogger extraordinaire!

This is a great article with quotes from Clay about Mike Nichols:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/a...way.html?page=0

Aiken has been relishing working with legendary director Mike Nichols. "He knows so much you have to be a sponge around him," he says. "He's the funniest person I ever met, so dry and wise."

He's even appreciated the rather bizarre visualizations and motivations Nichols uses. "He was trying to teach me to react to something," says Aiken. "He said, 'Imagine if you came in and we said, 'Every fifteenth performance, we cut off a toe.'"

This is a great article with quotes from Clay about Mike Nichols:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/a...way.html?page=0

Aiken has been relishing working with legendary director Mike Nichols. "He knows so much you have to be a sponge around him," he says. "He's the funniest person I ever met, so dry and wise."

He's even appreciated the rather bizarre visualizations and motivations Nichols uses. "He was trying to teach me to react to something," says Aiken. "He said, 'Imagine if you came in and we said, 'Every fifteenth performance, we cut off a toe.'"

Wow this article is great!!!! They actually talked to him about the play....way too cool!

I think I know where the cutting the toe line would come handy...and I wonder how they changed some of the lines and songs.

OMG...I remember when eric Idle was in the audience during AI2. He really was a fan. How surreal is that!

luckiest1, did you see the piano gif from gerwhisp? I don't think it's exactly the moment you were looking for, but still... He's CUTE!!

th_piano2_gerwhisp.gif

Wheeeeeeeee! Thanks. Now, I wonder if it will shrink enough to become my avatar?

Oh and couchie, the play starts at 8pm eastern. My guess is intermission will be about 9pm and it should be over somewhere between 10pm and 10:30pm.

Does that sound about right?

I read somewhere (I think it was on the Spamalot site) that the show is 2:20 with a 15 minute intermission, so yeah, it sounds about right. Unfortunately, I won't be home for the beginning of the cellcert, but I hope to be home by intermission. A little birdie told me I might expect a phone call from the theatre..........

Not much, that's for sure. Great blog, as usual. I love Clay's conversational tone! I think it was very smart of him to make those requests directly, and at the last minute. If the fans don't listen to him, then I just don't get what a fan is.

I hear you. Good for him for being direct. As difficult as it will be to be clackless, it's obviously very important to him. Good enough for me.

Audiences will find out tomorrow if the tip actually helped, and they'll see the new bits of music and jokes "Spamalot" writer Eric Idle has added for Aiken. "It's just a touch here and there," says Aiken. Songs have been modified to better fit his voice.

Aiken can take comfort that he's not the only new kid on the stage. Hannah Waddingham, who played the Lady of the Lake in the London production, starts Saturday in that role at the Shubert Theatre. "I've kind of gotten past the whole audience-makes-me-nervous thing," Aiken says, "but this is the first time I've danced. I'm kind of a little weirded out about that."

Having his fans, those notorious Claymates, in the audience could ease his mind and let him know he's among friends. "They're coming out in full force," he says. "They'll be in the house."

And so will Clay - through May 4. When Fantasia's spotty "Purple" attendance record comes up, Aiken declares he's not using her as a role model when it comes to showing up for performances. "I plan," he says, "on making them all."

OMG what a great article! Love the last 4 paragraphs. Can't wait to find out what changes were made for him in the script & the songs. Can't wait to hear about his dancing. And love, love, love that he is going to try his best to make every performance. Not that I expected any less, I knew he would. I hope that if something unforseen happens, and he misses one, the fans in attendance will be understanding, though.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it's finally here! How am I supposed to concentrate today? Everyone who is attending, have a blast and show Clay the LOVE (in appropriate ways, of course :imgtongue: )

Overture!

Curtain! Lights!

This is it! The night of nights!

No more rehearsing and nursing a part,

He knows every part by heart!

Overture!

Curtain! Lights!

This is it! He'll hit the heights!

And, Oh what heights He'll hit!

On with the show, this is it!

Tonight what heights He'll hit!

On with the show, this is it!

(4 Days until Clay is on The View!)

Kim

aikim...now I'm going to be singing Bugs Bunny the whole day. LOL (I love it!)

I know, I can't get it out of my head, but it is so appropriate!

Kim

How cool is this?

QUOTE(caperkeeper @ Jan 18 2008, 06:52 AM)

Got a call from Claysfayevorite and IBG this morning - they are waiting at GMA and guess what? As they are standing there they see Clay's Face on all the City Buses! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

eta: They are trying to send me a picture!

Dear Clay --

I'm so proud of you. Break a leg, you knightly stud.

Love, ldyjocelyn

____

In selfish news, is there a support group for those of us not going to this show? I was really fine with that until I read his blog last night, and then suddenly, I was selfishly despairing for me. (More than a few tears were shed...) I'm seriously gonna have to figure out how to go to this show and negotiate with my husband at the same time.

OK, I'm done whining now.

I am truly happy for all those people who will be there tonight. You'll have a once in a lifetime moment with Clay. Good for you.

___

Thread title poll is up at the top of the screen. I've added one too from bottlecap.

Clay's on the buses? (heh, British show reference) That's so cool! I hope we get a picture of that.

Hee, on the drive into work this morning, of course I was thinking about tonight, and Clay's debut on Broadway. What song comes on? 'On Broadway'. And then, a city bus turns in front of me, and it's covered with an advertisement for Jock Shield's something or other, and it's covered in shields. BWAH! Maybe another day, I wouldn't have even noticed this stuff, but today, it was pretty cool. :)

ETA: Happy to see a couple of Spamalot-related options for the thread title. I always like a title that is looking ahead, not back.