#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

claytonic, I'm so glad you're joining in on the conversation! It's a lot more fun if you post. And I'm sure there are many here, including me, who are willing to give you either technical help or information about past performances or Clay events.

I am not sure which thread/sub-forum to post this in, but since I've been living in THIS one, it might as well be this one.

Last year, I joined another Clay forum and was disappointed with it, I really felt lost and like an outsider, and the forum wasn't user-friendly for someone with my limited technical skills. I can't believe how helpful everyone has been in this forum and so willing to help me catch up with news and information about Clay, not just here on the board but in PM as well. And the forum colors here are beautiful and so easy on the eyes. I really want to thank those responsible for making this such a great place and most of all, such a welcoming place for someone like me who has so much to catch up on. My intention originally was to lurk and soak up everything I've missed, rather than post, but now that I've found that my posts bring me even more goodies, I guess I will lurk AND post.... lol

Aww thats sweet. Thanks for the compliments. glad you are joining in too. Its great to meet fans that wasn't around from the beginning. Lots of people willing to fill you in. BTW....if no one answered the question about the bible quote you can pm me.

My eye has started twitching, I'm so nervous.

I don't know why--I expect Clay to be wonderful, but just reading that he asked Diane Sawyer not to come tonight because he's so nervous, made my heart just pound for him.

(Did I read that here? I'm too nervous to remember. If not, I read it at CV.)

00lsee and ldyj....I am also sad to be missing this. After missing JNT'06, I swore I would never miss another chance to see at least one performance of what ever he is doing. I even have my ticket....all bought and paid for, 2nd row, April 18th. But hubby commented on the adventure, before things were firmed up (thank goodness!) and he was not thrilled. And since I really do love him more than Clay...... I've given my ticket to a friend to sell. *sigh*

This is going to be such a great adventure for Clay!

What sucks even more, oldest child invited me along on her business trip to NYC.....last week! Why, oh why, couldn't it have been this week? Not only that, she is the Director of our local theater and this whole trip was about seeing agents, booking acts and attending possible shows for the next or future seasons. We could have seen Spamalot and her ticket would have been paid for.

This year she saw Wicked, Legally Blond and Little Mermaid. I should have gone with her anyhow.....but I was pouting. I am a firm believer in cutting my nose off to spite my face!

I'm truly sad for those who can't go to Spamalot.

I am too. :hugs-1: to all. I think it's especially hard in this fandom to be left out of the festivities because a lot of us feel such a strong attachment to this man - it's almost like missing a big day in the life of a friend or family member. Not quite, but hopefully y'all understand what I mean! For those who are thinking/hoping to go, I do hope that something works out for you.

ETA: I just saw your post, rohdy - my neighbor to the north! If anything changes, my mom & I are going April 18th.... we've got a room reserved with space to spare.... just sayin'..... :)

My eye has started twitching, I'm so nervous.

I don't know why--I expect Clay to be wonderful, but just reading that he asked Diane Sawyer not to come tonight because he's so nervous, made my heart just pound for him.

(Did I read that here? I'm too nervous to remember. If not, I read it at CV.)

The great thing about this is...opening night has tons of fans...so he will have lots of love whatever happens. If he messes up some stuff tonight...he can fix it tomorrow and the next day. This is not a one shot deal. He will be growing with this role and I'm sure in the end it will be like his second skin.

I think its just scarier cos he has never done this before...He has been on stage when he was younger but never in a role as extensive and complicated as this. Its wild to think his first real big stage role is in a tony award wining musical on BROADWAY...that is soo overwhelming for anyone...I think he just needs to get through it once and he will settle in pretty well.

((((those that will miss this show))))

I guess I am handling it better cos I am used to missing Clay shows...but I usually have clack...I don't know how I will be with no clack from this. I just need to hear his voice and that accent. That is the one thing that is difficult with imagining Clay in DHP's place. I don;t know how he will sound...

From Caperkeeper at CV:

They are standing on a corner waiting for a Bus with Clay's picture to go by. They said this morning every bus seemed to have his picture and now they can't seem to find one. So we kind of exaggerated the 'all the buses have Clay's picture' on them laugh.gif Only some do!

They were at GMA this morning and spoke to Diane Swayer and asked her is she was going to see Clay tonight. She answered that 'Clay asked me not too - he's so nervous!' So she will be going to see Clay - maybe tomorrow but she didn't confirm.

Oh, whoops, I see this was posted above.

Oh well, good news is always great twice around!

Rhody - I am with you, I would love to be there tonight or any other night. Hubby does not understand. I will live, but it is hard. I missed a few tours. One being in Clio because I could not get myself to go by myself. Foolish, now that I think back. I also did not see JNT 06 because I could not travel. I am very nervous about tonight. I know he will be great, but like many of his performances I get like this the first night. I love the video from last night. He is one gorgeous man.

There's a video here (via Clack Unlimited) about Clay in the New York Daily News.

My question: will someone who is in town *cougheHPplaybillerCGcindilu2cough* PLEASEEEEEEEE pick me up a copy of that newspaper?!?!?!?!? I want one so badly!

Also, if he makes the New York Times, I'll take a copy of that too. And any other print media that might have him in. (BTW, I've read that the Time Out New York article that appeared online a few days ago is also a print magazine as well and it has the interview in too....)

I have paypal!

Someone at CH remembered that Jan 17th, 2006 at 4am Clay posted the bible verse and our world flipped upside down. That blew my mind. The last two years have been filled with ups and downs. The fandom circled the wagons for him, but also suffered and became hypervigilant and afraid. These last two weeks have been so filled with joy and anticipation and, I think, healing. He and we, IMO, are ready to go forward, stronger for the last two years, into the stratosphere he was headed for before the mess. And, will appreciate it and treasure it all the more.
liney, I love this! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

My eyes are leaking and I love everybody this morning.
BWAH! This is TRUE!

... wait until you see Clay's come up and click on it
Did you say 'click it' or 'lick it'? heh. And wanda, your EYE is twitching coss you're excited? Your EYE? Hmmm...I gotchure twitchin', but it's a bit lower... :whistling-1:

Hey, if Clay's on the bus and I ride the bus, ergo.....I ride Clay?

WOOHOO! Woops, gotta go take hubby to the airport. He'll be gone for a week. Tonight I'll have Clay all to myself! :lilredani:

Well, Couchie will be there.

And CG's gonna call from NYC.

And I'll be online with y'all.

And...

heh.. WOOHOO! :DoClay:

From CH:

CLAY is in the theater!!!!!

Artquest was at the theater just a bit ago. She saw some men out in front of the theater looking at the signs and talking. They then walked to the stage door and entered. As she watched them she noticed Jerome walking down the sidewalk. Jerome opened the stage door and held it for a tall slim pale-skinned redheaded man who came from behind Jerome and entered quickly.

She says it happened in a flash of an eye so it took a moment to register that it was CLAYYYYYY.

There'a a longer AP video on this site! Just go to the videos (streaming by) and wait until you see Clay's come up and click on it.

http://www.1037litefm.com/

There's a video here (via Clack Unlimited) about Clay in the New York Daily News.

Can anyone transcribe these interviews for all of us poor souls stuck at work with no video access? I don't wanna wait till I get home!

If I were living close enough to go, the only doubt I would have about Spamalot is that I am NOT a Monty Python fan. But a true fan would be like a parent ...

Okay, I must be in Python mode because I read this as "a true fan would be like a parrot (although not a deceased, expired, or no longer living one!)!

Someone at CH remembered that Jan 17th, 2006 at 4am Clay posted the bible verse and our world flipped upside down. That blew my mind. The last two years have been filled with ups and downs. The fandom circled the wagons for him, but also suffered and became hypervigilant and afraid. These last two weeks have been so filled with joy and anticipation and, I think, healing. He and we, IMO, are ready to go forward, stronger for the last two years, into the stratosphere he was headed for before the mess. And, will appreciate it and treasure it all the more.

You know there are those days when I could kick myself for hookiing up late to the fandom ... and then the times when I'm so glad I missed the "mess" which I never knew existed until joining OFC! Hence, I was never hurt, hypervigilant or afraid, and had no need of healing. I've just been the happiest teenager++++ you'll ever see! So, you win some, you lose some. And I plan to win some when I finally make it to NY for Spamalot!!!

There'a a longer AP video on this site! Just go to the videos (streaming by) and wait until you see Clay's come up and click on it.

http://www.1037litefm.com/

Can anyone transcribe these interviews for all of us poor souls stuck at work with no video access? I don't wanna wait till I get home!

The Clack Unlimted clip that I posted is a just a quick clip of the news guy (Dave ?, used to be on the TV show NewsRadio) talking about what's in the NYC papers today, and the first thing he pulls up is the New York Daily News page of Clay in Spamalot. No comment or anything, really, but a good picture of what the print copy of this issue looks like. (Big picture of Chickin' Chokin' Clay!)

The AP video is Clay talking about him being asked to be in Spamalot. He went to see it, and "thought it was the stupidest thing he'd ever seen." He then talks about him putting the thought on the back burner, because the album had just come out. He was asked again then in summer 2007; he went to the show and thought it the funniest thing ever. He talks about Spamalot being so absurd (definitely not your typical Broadway show, with "sad songs, and laugh songs, and such"), and that the audiences for the show are not the typical Broadway audience either -- many more men are coming to this show. I think that's basically it.

LOVE THE BUS PICTURE!

OK, I was staying calm, cool, and collected at work today (and i was even working, I swear!) until I saw this. I think I may have gasped quite loudly, and now I am toast.

From toni7babe at CH:

EEEEEE checking in from NY!! xxx4clay and I are here. We just got back from lunch at Juniors .

So great seeing Clays name on the marqueee. I took a short video outside the theatre and will be loading it up if I can stopp loosing my connection so everyone can see the poster outside and his name on the marquee and the Schubert!!

Saw several flower deliveres and loads of cast members and orchestra members going in an dout!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! very exciting!!!! I can't wait!

Here a pic of the marquee and the poster in front of the Schubert

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...alotmarquee.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ton...malotPoster.jpg

Heh. The "Now with Clay Aiken" made me think of "Now, with more cowbell" for some reason. (And yeah, KF, I thought that parent reference originally said "parrot" too!).

I don't think this has been brought over here yet....

playbill.com

Broadway's Spamalot Welcomes a Trio of Stars Jan. 18

Broadway's Spamalot Welcomes a Trio of Stars Jan. 18

By Ernio Hernandez

18 Jan 2008

Clay Aiken makes his Broadway debut in Spamalot

Joan Marcus

On Jan. 18 Monty Python's Spamalot, the Tony-winning musical at the Shubert Theatre, welcomes "American Idol" finalist Clay Aiken, West End leading lady Hannah Waddingham and the return of original cast member Christopher Sieber.

Aiken is making his Broadway debut in the roles of Sir Robin/Guard/Brother Maynard, which were originated on Broadway by Tony winner David Hyde Pierce. Aiken's stint is currently scheduled to continue through May 4.

Waddingham joins the Broadway show as the new Lady of the Lake in a swap with Broadway actress Marin Mazzie, who assumed that role in the London production of Spamalot. Sieber, the original (and Tony Award-nominated) Sir Galahad/The Black Knight/Prince Herbert's Father on Broadway, returns to the cast in his original roles.

The trio join a Spamalot cast that currently includes Jonathan Hadary (King Arthur), Tom Deckman (Prince Herbert), Rick Holmes (Sir Lancelot), David Hibbard (Patsy) and Brad Oscar (Sir Bedevere).

"Clay Aiken is amazing beyond that glorious voice. Turns out he is an excellent comic actor and a master of character," said director Mike Nichols in a previous release. "People will be surprised by his wide ranging talent, since the first impression is of great country charm and a singer to remember. This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more. We are lucky to get him for Spamalot."

Aiken, who was bested by Ruben Studdard during the second season of "American Idol", has gone on to sell more than 6 million albums, co-author a best selling book ("Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life") and play six sold-out concert tours. He was a focus of the short-lived Off-Broadway musical Idol: The Musical and has appeared on "Ed," "Saturday Night Live" and "Scrubs."

Monty Python's Spamalot, which celebrated its 1,000th performance Aug. 9, 2007, opened at Broadway's Shubert Theatre on March 17, 2005, following previews from Feb. 14.

Mike Nichols ("The Graduate," "Angels in America") directed and Casey Nicholaw (The Drowsy Chaperone) choreographed the show that was inspired by the 1975 feature film comedy "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

The musical tells the tale of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table on their quest from God for the Holy Grail - with a short stop in the dazzling Spam-filled land of Camelot.

Spamalot earned the 2005 Tony Award for Best Musical and took home honors for direction (Mike Nichols) and one of its stars (Sara Ramirez). The musical also enjoys runs in London, Las Vegas and a national tour. An Australian production opened in Melbourne in November.

For information on all Spamalot incarnations, visit montypythonsspamalot.com.

Anyone else bouncing around in there computer chair; unable to get anything done...can't stop smiling and a lump in your throat at the same time?

Clay is number 3 on Yahoo Searches today!

Kim