#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

Ok...let me see what I can remember...

first the talked about his hairstyles...which I thought was a great question hee...

they showed a montage of three hair, AI, AI5 and the beautiful AMA red carpet hair....

he said he really didn;t have anything to do with his hair but he said he thought the dark hair made him look older. He said he felt old...where Joy said she had hormones older than him or something...

he also said that the wig on Spamalot was really so close to his natural hair color....YAY now we know.... that it was a bit weird to see it in the dressing room as a wig...

he said he felt old cos he is sooo tired and he only had 5 shows since he opened Friday

Then he talked about the rehearsal schedule was sooo gruelling and that they also had to teach him to dance.

someone asked whether is was hard to join the show...and he said yeah cos when he reherse he was the only one that didn;t know what to do.

then he talked about doing the Russian dance and he said that it was so diffcult....elizabeth said show us.

so he said we all have to do it cos you put your arms together like this..and they have to kneel ...and they all assumed the russian dance positions. At this point elizabeth says...well you can baost that you got all of us to our knees...then he shows them that you stretch out your legs...and he does it and OMG...his legs were sooo ong and lean and GAH!!!

at this point shari says ...I am wearing a dress and he goes oh we really don;t have to do it... then sits down

He said its so hard cos you have to drag your body accross the stage and the others end up dragging him

...wow so many info ins such a short time...more to come...

Clay was great, but honestly, it would be nice sometimes if they would ask one question at a time instead of all talking at once.

I remember them doing that the last time Clay was on. Ansa you did a great job at pulling all the info from the interview together.

Another thing that kills me about this show is that they blather on incessantly on some things and then have a guest on for maybe 2 minutes. arg, but I was so good to see him this morning.

I am totally behind on the pages - you have a whole new thread since I left last Thursday!

I took a few caps from the View this morning!

clayview2.jpg

Clay tries to get the ladies to do the bottle dance!!!

clayview3.jpg

clayview4.jpg

will do a recap later - I also have a few pix of Clay at the stage door after Sat matinee!! Far away shots....... I have to catch up!!!

He did great!!

Thank you for posting the real-time reports! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And the screen caps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Then they go aside from the dancing he also has to learn the British accent.

So he proceeds to talk in a British accent and tells them that he learned to do it by watching the lizard in the Geiko commercials....EEEEEEEEEEEE

he sounded soooooo sexy...soooo cute ...so natural....EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

when he was saying I learned it from the lizard...then he can;t remember the name of the comapny...ne he kept repreating the lizard...I thought he meant Simon at first...heeee

Then they ask him how he is doingwith adjustment in new york...Of course elizabeth had to go on about coming from a small town...

so Clay said he really hasn;t been to New York growing up...so the first time he was here...he felt trapped at first. But now that he has to live here till My 4 he is getting sued to it and so happy that there are stores open 24 hours...

then Whoopee said since she is new here...she is not familiar with the claymates...and then Clay got a bit flustered a bit...said it was a name that was made up by the fans and at first he was uncomfortable using it...but now its ok.

Then they asked if the audience throws things at him...he said that thank god nothing like that yet in spamalot but he was a bit embarrassed in Friday when there was a huge applause that happened for him when he first came out. I was nto sure about this part but something liek these are his new friends and wants the love to be for all...or something. But then he said the cast told him it was fine...it was great to have such an enthusiastic audience and since the show has been going for a long time...this gives them new energy.

Then elizabeth says she really enjoys chatting with him so she wants to ask him if he watches American Idol. Here he was very careful to say that he is very thankful for AI cos he won;t be here today with out it...then he gave the high school answer and says...you con;t go to your high school football anymore. At this the ladies said...yeah we like visiting now and then...elizabeth says..well you may not be at that point where you want to get back to high school.

So then they say good bye...she mentions spamalot and schubert theater...and then said they gave the audience spamalot CDs...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it was really great...he was so animated...it was sooo short but lots of topics covered

I need to watch that again...

It comes on after the 30 minute mark...and no other mentione of him on hot topics so y'all can do something else until the second half or fast forward on TIVO....

now to get screencaps...

All right........waiting.gif somebody owes me at least five more minutes of Mr. Clay Aiken...without the yapyapyapf.gif yappers havin' at it!

I can't believe....5 minutes is all we got of the blond god. Geesh.

That being said.....O.M.G! He was so frickin' cute and funny and charming and charismatic and hot and lovable and tall and smart and witty and sweet and animated and thudly and well perserved...for his advanced age.

I can go to work happy!

(Hoping we get more then a wham, bam, thank you ma'am, with the Mike and Juliet gig.

Quickies only last so long, ya know.)

I think the hair does absolutely nothing for him. To me, he's darling in spite of the hair style, not because of it. And personally, JMO, but it makes him look older not younger. The long dark bangs such as the 2006 GMA and Kimmel made him look much younger and hipper.

wailing.jpg

ScreamingFansAtGMA.jpg

96980304-L.jpg

ts91520065.jpg

Lordy, I'm not a thudder but THAT was thud-worthy. He looks GOOD.....he is so thin....maybe I should take up dancing!

It's exactly a month before I get to see him the first time....I've never wished my life away but DAYUM.....I wanna see him NOW!

ETA: I love those pictures, but, honestly...he looks like a 12 year old in a couple of them. I think he struggles with not wanting to look too young or too old.

I like this look cause he seems completely comfortable with it...

That being said.....O.M.G! He was so frickin' cute and funny and charming and charismatic and hot and lovable and tall and smart and witty and sweet and animated and thudly and well perserved...for his advanced age.

I can go to work happy!

But, please, tell us how you really feel.

:cryingwlaughter:

Oh, BWAH! I was on the bus this morning---late! The girls and I all overslept---I woke up and it was 7:30! Hell, I'm often at my desk by 7:30===even though Carrie had come into bed with me about 5 am (hubby's away for a week), I bolted up and said, 'SHIT! It's 7:30!"...Alex has a 7 am class! I got here a little after nine, and it feels weird!

Anyhoo....I was on the bus and my phone buzzed. Voicemail from hubby...all it said was, 'Hey, I'm watching your boyfriend on The View...talk to you later!"

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

I love my hubby. :wub:

Can't wait for video clack of the blonde guy on The View. The pics look cool. Not my favorite hair but I think it makes him look older...in a good way. :hubbahubba:

then Whoopee said since she is new here...she is not familiar with the claymates...and then Clay got a bit flustered a bit...said it was a name that was made up by the fans and at first he was uncomfortable using it...but now its ok.

I think he said something about his first reaction to the loudness of the fans and the cheering for him.... being afraid that it would embarrass him in front of his new friends (so cute...), but that the cast really appreciated the ethusiasm.

I think it was Shari who said that about coming from a small town.

I think Clay was late today. First, there was the "we'll be back when we find Clay Aiken comment" ... and then when he came out and was greeting everyone he said "I'm so embarrassed" to Joy. I think that he was somehow detained and that's why the appearance was so short -- and why they went on and on talking about nothing before he come out.

In defining Claymates for Whoopie, he laughed and said Claymates carry his picture around everywhere (and then the camera showed audience members holding up his picture).

Regarding being embarrassed last Friday night, he said, Oh no, they're going to embarrass me in front of my new friends, referred to the disproportionate response he received from the audience. It's obvious Clay doesn't want to be perceived as stealing the thunder from the established cast members. But face it Clay -- you have and you will. Get used to it. And he did say the cast loved it.

And ... I interpreted Elizabeth's remarks "You'll get to the point where you want to go back" as referring more to Idol than high school.

I've watched it three times now -- and it gets better every time. He's happy.

talking about Oscar not anatomically correct...

did anyone else catch that Whoopie said something like "oh, depends on how you look at it" in response to this statement? Cracked me up.

I think the remark about finding Clay was just a play off the talk about finding her stolen Oscar.

At first his hair was kind of a shock, but I think it makes him look more grown-up. Particularly when I look at all the bangs pictures.

I like it.

It must be weird to have all those accomplishmnets and talent and be asked about (and judged harshly on, in some cases) his current hair style.

I think it kind of stupid of I guess Shar to say Clay came from a small town, as if he lived in Mayberry or something.

Maybe I feel that way because of him saying he felt trapped in New York - I see some are interpreting that in different ways, I feel he meant that with his work schedule, he can't leave New York. I don't think he is anywhere near as intimidated as some think, but he knows what is expected of him to say.

Heeee....my sister called to tell me he was gonna be on, as if I wouldn't have known!