#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Play? I thought you were feeling poorly - whatcha doin' up at 4:30, girl???

Feel better! :openflower3:

FromClaygary! You and Tom D. both with an injured wing? What's up with that? Hope and and Tom are both on the mend SOON! (Not Clay's SOON!)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Dear young guy blogger:

1) Clay is Sir Robin, not Sir Lancelot

2) Much the same way you assume David was better than Clay, I assume Clay has a bigger...talent than you. Explains so much.

3) Can't find things to fault in the performance, so review the stagedoor. Okay then!

4) Staring and starring are not the same thing.

5) Anybody who refers to his spouse as Wife (or worse, 'the wife') automatically loses 50 IQ points on my scale. Again, explains much.

Claygary, I hope your wrist isn't broken.

Have a great Saturday!

(this post brought to you from my cozy wagon, parked at the corner of Fangirl and Hysteria)

ETA: If he can pick on minutae, so can I! :-P

Every day I read the boards I realize more and more that I don't really have a place on them any more. Not caring for random critiques (and sometimes outright slams) of Clay and saying so (here, not in 'hysterical' posts and emails to people I don't give a rats ass about) has somehow become a bad thing. If not bad, then held in some weird form of disdain. I feel like I'm in an alternate universe most of the time. It's okay to 'defend' the bloggers and 'journalists' et al, but not Clay. Well okay then. I give up.

I didn't see anything so bad about the dude's blog. DHP is a highly respected Tony award winning performer. Why wouldn't someone assume he would have been better in the part? I am sure a lot of people would assume that. Having never seen DHP in the role, I would assume he would be very, very, very good. Clay is cuter. And I bet Clay gives a better show in those white pants!

Seriously, I think he was just making an assumption based on DHP reputation as an actor and Clay's lack of experience in that arena. He said Clay was good - and I bet that wasn't easy for him!

Of course, I would be easy for Clay any day......

Ok, I am up early on a Saturday. There is NO ONE I would do that for except Clay. I hope he appreciates the sacrifices I make for him! I NEVER get up early on a Saturday. I LIVE to sleep late on a Saturday!

But I have a train to catch in less than 2 hours. Then I will meet my lurker friend at the "big board" in Penn Station and off to Spamalot we go! I am dying to see the differences in his performance since opening night.

Especially in those white pants.....

I'll report back when I get home. I should be back around 10:00pm.

And I will sleep late tomorrow........

Didn't have any problem with the guys blog either. He was being a typical guy and I think he is just giving his honest reaction. I really don't see anything that I haven't seen a fan say except for the mistake of thinking he was Sir Lancelot. I have seen a lot of the stage door videos and Clay does go through the line rather fast without really stopping and chatting with the fans...which is very understandable to us fans. But to some people...it will look like aloofness. I actually think it was quite sweet...what a great birthday gift to his wife.

Dear young guy blogger:

2) Much the same way you assume David was better than Clay, I assume Clay has a bigger...talent than you. Explains so much.

3) Can't find things to fault in the performance, so review the stagedoor. Okay then!

5) Anybody who refers to his spouse as Wife (or worse, 'the wife') automatically loses 50 IQ points on my scale. Again, explains much.

Have a great Saturday!

(this post brought to you from my cozy wagon, parked at the corner of Fangirl and Hysteria)

Every day I read the boards I realize more and more that I don't really have a place on them any more. Not caring for random critiques (and sometimes outright slams) of Clay and saying so (here, not in 'hysterical' posts and emails to people I don't give a rats ass about) has somehow become a bad thing. If not bad, then held in some weird form of disdain. I feel like I'm in an alternate universe most of the time. It's okay to 'defend' the bloggers and 'journalists' et al, but not Clay. Well okay then. I give up.

No one said its a bad thing...I had a reaction to the blog and I posted it, so did Muski and CG. It has nothing to do with your own reaction. I don;t understand why both reactions can't co-exist. NO ONE has said its not ok to defend Clay. Its when fans go in and swoop down on blogs and overwhelm the blogger with defensive comments that it becomes OTT.

Good Morning Everyone,

85 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

87-94 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

No one said its a bad thing...I had a reaction to the blog and I posted it, so did Muski and CG. It has nothing to do with your own reaction. I don;t understand why both reactions can't co-exist. NO ONE has said its not ok to defend Clay. Its when fans go in and swoop down on blogs and overwhelm the blogger with defensive comments that it becomes OTT.

Both reactions can co-exist. I thought your post was funny. I also thought it was idiotic to bring up DHP becaue he hadn't seen him. But no I won't be suggesting he watch the bootleg of dhp so we can get another blog out of him LOL.

I have only watched stage door video one time so have no opinion on it. I was never into the line thing either. The one time I did it, in San Diego...well it was a blast but mostly because it was a case study of Jerome.Sounds like people are having more personal interactions though so good. Hey, she got a happy birthday or wait did she? Well she got to be in the glow of his presence ..should be enough!!

Why am I up? It's Saturday.

With all due apologizes from "stealing" the cup idea from the CH but really, I must have my cup again. It was my favorite peice of clack.

Cindilu2 changed it up a bit:

mug1.jpg

so the words are right on the picture... we were trying to come up with something for the other side of the cup -- and we did come up with something cute "Doing Clay since 2003" but then my cup wouldn't be anonymous and I really loved that about my cup and I want to take it back to work. And no I don't talk about Clay at this job. The job I Had at the time I lost my mind though..very funny..I knew and loved everyone there and vice versa and they kinda enjoyed me going through the change LOL. I so love that saying though..maybe for something else in the future.

back to bed!!

I love your cup, Couch. But I have to giggle at the phrase "Man with long laces", cuz his feet in that pic look SOOOO little boy to me!

I mean - like my DS when he was small - baggy, too-long pants spilling over the dangly laces sneaks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I like your idea of anonymity, too. You can just smile away all the while nobody having any notion of you sitting there sipping your coffee and day-dreaming of untying those laces, slipping off those BIG ASSED sneaks, then pulling off mis-matched stripey socks . . . and . . . moving up to the jeans?

:hubbahubba:

Didn't have any problem with the guys blog either. He was being a typical guy and I think he is just giving his honest reaction. I really don't see anything that I haven't seen a fan say except for the mistake of thinking he was Sir Lancelot. I have seen a lot of the stage door videos and Clay does go through the line rather fast without really stopping and chatting with the fans...which is very understandable to us fans. But to some people...it will look like aloofness. I actually think it was quite sweet...what a great birthday gift to his wife.

I liked the blog – I love reading stuff from people who would not call themselves Clay fans at all. Especially when they seem to grudgingly like Clay. That takes a lot for some guys. I also thought his wife’s comment “he’s still performing” was VERY perceptive for someone who hadn’t really seen or heard much from Clay since AI2. Clay at the stagedoor could be construed as aloof partly because the boy rarely looks up or into the eyes of people he’s signing autographs for (at least he didn’t when I was there and doesn’t seem to in the videos) – but I don’t blame him for that at all. He’s trying to sign his name for as many people as possible. He certainly doesn’t have to do that.

But I have a train to catch in less than 2 hours. Then I will meet my lurker friend at the "big board" in Penn Station and off to Spamalot we go! I am dying to see the differences in his performance since opening night.

Especially in those white pants.....

I'll report back when I get home. I should be back around 10:00pm.

And I will sleep late tomorrow........

I am so, so, SO jealous it isn’t even funny. I have to wait until April to see it (HIM) again. While work was kicking my ass it was easy to not think about it. Now that work has calmed down I can spend more time on the boards and whine about how I can’t just hop on a bus and meet you there. <g>

Yeah I do envy those that can take the train and or bus and be in NYC. I love the city anyway...but to be able to watch Clay!!! that will be beyond fabulous!!!

CG...have fun and can't wait for your observations.

I am having my own anxiety with expedia and airfares...but its for our trip to the Philippines. still don't have my tickets. The financial help from my family is just coming through and I have to watch cheap tickets come and go! Sigh. Its scary when a trip you got earmarked ends up going up by 50%!!!

Anyway...although going to NY for the final shows is still a remote possibility...I am not really counting on it. But its great to hear about peoples preparation for the trip. Like where to stay and what to do when not watching Clay. I think I will have a great time just exploring times square and visiting central park...

I just find that I'm distancing myself from the boards more.....I don't feel compelled to quote and comment on things every morning like I used to. I still like to come and read the fangirly recaps, and of course right click and save the pretty pictures, but I also find I scroll, scroll, scroll way more than I used to. A lot of the things that cause waves in the fandom, to me are just not even worthy of a second's thought anymore. Maybe my RL has kicked me in the butt so much the past few months that I just can't waste energy caring what some random critic says, how some wanna-be journalist has twisted Clay's latest interview, or what some delusional fans are up to....there's so much else to worry about or so many other worthwhile things to spend my time on. I think today I'll go buy myself a new book, take my son to Walmart so he can spend his needle bribes money on whatever his heart desires (apparently this time it's Lego), clean my kitchen cupboards out, and then watch some clack when I get bored with cleaning (which usually doesn't take long!) I'm counting down the days until I can board the plane to NYC and see Clay up on that stage with my own two eyes, dancing and singing his heart out. I'm counting down the days until this freaking snow stops falling and I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine again, too. God, I hate winter.

I just find that I'm distancing myself from the boards more.....I don't feel compelled to quote and comment on things every morning like I used to. I still like to come and read the fangirly recaps, and of course right click and save the pretty pictures, but I also find I scroll, scroll, scroll way more than I used to. A lot of the things that cause waves in the fandom, to me are just not even worthy of a second's thought anymore. Maybe my RL has kicked me in the butt so much the past few months that I just can't waste energy caring what some random critic says, how some wanna-be journalist has twisted Clay's latest interview, or what some delusional fans are up to....there's so much else to worry about or so many other worthwhile things to spend my time on.

Yep. This is me. I just don't get the constant need for there to be something, anything to rail against or to protect Clay from. I just want to enjoy. And I will. But I don't feel a need to blahblahblah about it like I once did. Hee.

E and I have picked a timeframe for our NY trip so now all we need to do is pick a show or two and get tickets and make airline reservations. I'm getting excited but will be more so when my plugged ears/headcold crap goes away.

I'm counting down the days until this freaking snow stops falling and I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine again, too. God, I hate winter.

AMEN!

Are you listening Mother Nature? We want change! [tm Barak Obama] *g*

I can pretty much relate Lucky...I've been checking other boards lately just to see if there are any clay breaking news...and I find that posts or posters that used to make my BP rise are just getting eye rolls from me...or even reading blogs of vile haters I just ignore them all. I think for me...what has made a difference is that Clay is doin so well right now. He is in a critically acclaimed broadway show and he is getting great feedback. He is working on an album that will be out this year...no need to worry about the guy....he is doing great. I do love posts about his antics with the other cast members..I think he is forming his own little family in NYC.

Back from the doctor and soon to sleep again, neeed to go to the store and get the "flu pill". My throat is clsoing up, but if I keep it hydrated, I can breathe easily, I kept waking up because I was breathing through my mouth and that dired out my throat.

I did think the blog was bad, just a guy blog of an amatuer writer and not perfect, but I don't give links or bring them to other baords because I don't feel comfortable seeing them dissected. He is obviously not much into theater, someone must have told him Clay signs things outside. I am glad his wife went. I am sure when the otehrs went out, there were fewer people waiting, although I do like them signing more and more.

Good night.

Dear young guy blogger:

Have a great Saturday!

cindi... WORD your list! :cryingwlaughter:

I would miss you if you left. Just take a break if you need to, but please stick around. I always think your comments are so commonsensical and I guess I should have said that so you felt supported. I usually just say, "Way to go, cindi!" to myself. I HATE the slamming of Clay and it is allowed way too much on some boards. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just find that I'm distancing myself from the boards more.....I don't feel compelled to quote and comment on things every morning like I used to. I still like to come and read the fangirly recaps, and of course right click and save the pretty pictures, but I also find I scroll, scroll, scroll way more than I used to. A lot of the things that cause waves in the fandom, to me are just not even worthy of a second's thought anymore. Maybe my RL has kicked me in the butt so much the past few months that I just can't waste energy caring what some random critic says, how some wanna-be journalist has twisted Clay's latest interview, or what some delusional fans are up to....there's so much else to worry about or so many other worthwhile things to spend my time on. I think today I'll go buy myself a new book, take my son to Walmart so he can spend his needle bribes money on whatever his heart desires (apparently this time it's Lego), clean my kitchen cupboards out, and then watch some clack when I get bored with cleaning (which usually doesn't take long!) I'm counting down the days until I can board the plane to NYC and see Clay up on that stage with my own two eyes, dancing and singing his heart out. I'm counting down the days until this freaking snow stops falling and I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine again, too. God, I hate winter.

luckiest... I can't imagine not starting and ending my day with Clay, but I also scroll a lot more. I want the fun stuff... the recaps and the funny posts that make me laugh. I read everything here cause it's fairly balanced, but other than that, I just lurk and scroll and go to The Ideal Idol cause Jan just posts the main stuff and is not a message board, so you can get the latest news in a nutshell.

Considering I used to a postho at a couple of places and now this board is enough for me I think distancing for me happened a while ago. And yep it went right along with I have so many things going on in my life that are MY real issues that I can't turn a hobby into a thing where I give it that much concern and energy. It has to be good fun energy, to revive me and keep my spirits up. But it was a process to get to that point. Now I simply can't worry over things I can't change. When it comes to Clay I count on his strength and his people and JEROME LOL. But then reading a blog post for instance doesn't give me angst - I like reading and discussing things about Clay. It's fun. And it's part of the fun for me. I don't indulge in the underbelly of the internet type stuff at all cuz really what's the point. In ten years those same people will still be there doing their thang.

Oh I'm still a postho you say? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Believe me this is a big difference. And I'm almost at the point where I can even get through aClayless work day without pangs. Almost.

Sorry you're sick Jamar.

Sorry you're sick Jamar.

Me too! :cryingwlaughter:

Seriously...I've been blessed with good genes. I just.don't.get.sick. Apparently I'm not at all good at it either. I've had plugged ears off and on since after Christmas. Just that and this wanna-be head cold that can't seem to decide if it will or it won't. I finally went to the doctor Wednesday morning. Unheard of for me...missing work & going to the doctor. She told me my ears were plugged. Thanks. Thanks a bunch. Gave me a prescription for Nasonex. I think it's helping but not nearly fast enough for my taste.

Now I'm off to buy a vaporizer. Shit. Cool mist? Warm mist? Why does it have to be so f'in difficult? :cryingwlaughter:

Recap from last night, from Pink Armchair at CH:

Back at the hotel after the show. I don't suppose I have a lot of unique stuff to contribute, but here goes...

Nice full house tonight, and the general mood, it seemed to me, was much lighter and funnier, and the actors were a bit sillier. During the "Knights Who Say Ni" scene, the song they sang had something to do with Amy Winehouse and cocaine. And the Lady of the Lake inserted Posh Spice into her "diva" song, followed by their lyric "tell me what you want, what you really really want." And during the finale, Clay was hopping and skipping and jumping, with a big loony grin on his face. Very funny stuff!

Odd occurrence of the evening: we had an older lady sitting in front of us who is a big Clay fan and had seen him in concert a number of times. But she inexplicably knew nothing about Monty Python or Spamalot ("does he sing?") and isn't on any message boards, she informed us, because she doesn't own a computer. She had come from Pennsylvania and her son had paid for her flight and airline ticket, she said. Well, I don't think she cracked a smile for the entire first half of the show, and by the French Taunter scene, she had decamped, never to return. Weird. Everyone else in the audience certainly seemed to be yukking it up big time.

Clay was just marvelous. He's seeming more comfortable all the time, and I thought his big number was hilarious. I really hope we get to see Hannah Waddingham tomorrow...I'm finding her replacement a bit (sorry to say this) underwhelming.

Big crowd at the stage door tonight...Clay was very funny. When he first came out, a bunch of fans were gathered around Tom Deckman out in the alley and Rick Holmes (Lancelot) was still at the other end of the row, signing autographs for some squealing fangirls. Clay was jokingly dragging a pretty blonde dancer along with him, who laughingly fought him off and left in a hurry, giggling. Clay seemed very relaxed and in a good mood, and signed everything we put in front of him.

We did run into one of the Japanese fans out there...a lady with whom we sat at the luncheon in Cary. It was very nice to see her again.

Met the lovely STPteach at the theatre in our row...hope you had fun!

That's all I have for tonight...one more show tomorrow, and then back home. By the way, if you're into purses, jewelry, perfume and scarves, make sure to hit Canal Street. Thanks, Nanjeanne, for telling us how to get there on the subway...it was a snap!

Gah, I can't wait to do the stage door thing!

{{{playbiller}}} Hope you feel better soon!

ETA: Don't forget, tonight is Motown night on AI Rewind!

Final word for me is that what was written was in a guy's blog, not by a professional critic. This is just some man whose wife likes Clay and he did something nice for her and then found himself surprised by OUR man and his talent. Can't fault that, IMO. In your own blog you can pretty much say whatever the hell you want to, you know? So I think it's pretty cool that he seems (although a bit reluctantly--heh) appreciative of Clay.

'Tis the season for sniffles and whatnot, fo sho. Both daughters have struggled these past two weeks with the range of symptoms. jamar, I'm sorta with you re: good genes. For somebody who doesn't take care of herself (me) with proper food and exercise, I don't seem to get victimized much by the various bugs.

Of course, now that I wrote that I'll probably get sideswiped by a nasty one! :cryingwlaughter:

Today is the first day of spring softball practice. Hubby is a coach so I guess I'll see him sometime around the house in passing. The man takes his coaching seriously, folks. Older daughter is in a play at school--tonight's last night so family is going. She only has 12 lines in this one, she said, but she's on stage a lot and all the cast speaks in a British accent (waves to merrieeee!)

Real life...yeah, well. I took a mental health day yesterday from work. Too much angst and drama.

Have a good day, everybody! I'm off to grab a latte! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can pretty much relate Lucky...I've been checking other boards lately just to see if there are any clay breaking news...and I find that posts or posters that used to make my BP rise are just getting eye rolls from me...or even reading blogs of vile haters I just ignore them all. I think for me...what has made a difference is that Clay is doin so well right now. He is in a critically acclaimed broadway show and he is getting great feedback. He is working on an album that will be out this year...no need to worry about the guy....he is doing great. I do love posts about his antics with the other cast members..I think he is forming his own little family in NYC.

I feel the same way. I don't get upset like I used too. I don't worry about haters or loony fans. Clay is doing so well and his future seems so bright. I think he has found a balance between private and public life and it shows.

I love to read the recaps !!!!

Cindilu2 I think your opinions are very important to this board. You are the fangirliest of "fangirls" and there is nothing wrong with it. It gives a perspective that I find very charming. Your graphics are truly a thing of beauty and reflect your love and soul. Don't be sad or hurt because we are not all upset by the ramblings of the critics. Some of us (me) are just not able to let the bashers and "uneduclayted" get to us. I feel ya honey! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

With all due apologizes from "stealing" the cup idea from the CH but really, I must have my cup again. It was my favorite peice of clack.

Cindilu2 changed it up a bit:

mug1.jpg

so the words are right on the picture... we were trying to come up with something for the other side of the cup -- and we did come up with something cute "Doing Clay since 2003" but then my cup wouldn't be anonymous and I really loved that about my cup and I want to take it back to work. And no I don't talk about Clay at this job. The job I Had at the time I lost my mind though..very funny..I knew and loved everyone there and vice versa and they kinda enjoyed me going through the change LOL. I so love that saying though..maybe for something else in the future.

back to bed!!

(my bolding)

I so want one of these cups. How about *ahem* on the other side? :whistling-1:

ETA {{{fromClagary}}} and to all suffering with sinus problems - Have you tried a Neti Pot? I have one and as disgusting as nasal flushing sounds and is, it really helped me with sinus infections.

Okay, I'm way behind in reading since RL has been smacking me around somewhat, and I don't even have any germs to blame it on.

So, as usual I have a truckful of posts that I absolutely Needed to quote....

I only patronize used book stores. Sometimes even that runs into $$$$$. The day I returned to work from lunch having spent $200 for a book, my workmates were ready to have me institutionalized.

lilyshine, that sure sounds like someone i know. yikes.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks everyone for all the good wishes! My new best friend the bag of frozen peas and I have spent a few hours together, and I think it's OK, just bruised.

I can make a fist~my fingers are working~it's all good.

Sending a BIG hug your way,from Claygary....drat that ice and snow anyway! It's is blizzarding here again today, and it feels as if this winter is never going to end.

Well wishes to playbiller and jamar too. Get lots of rest both of you and dream nice dreams.

jamar, I've always found the cold mist/steam to be more effective. The droplets are smaller, and from what I heard and been taught warm or hot mist can actually carry germs.

I like your idea of anonymity, too. You can just smile away all the while nobody having any notion of you sitting there sipping your coffee and day-dreaming of untying those laces, slipping off those BIG ASSED sneaks, then pulling off mis-matched stripey socks . . . and . . . moving up to the jeans?

Cotton, I really think you're onto to something good here.....sounds like a way to "dream some very nice dreams"

Turns out Lena and I both want a Holy Grail cup. :blush: But I'm going to be a stick in the mud and suggest why not just leave the printing on the other side of the cup. The picture is beeyootiful in itself, and the writing kinda stands alone too (if you know what I mean) and that solves the problem of the blank cup. tyty.gifTa Da!!

Disclaimer: I know nuthin about designing anything so this is pure opinion not constructive criticism.

cha cha, I do love that banner....very very nice.

Cindilu2 I think your opinions are very important to this board. You are the fangirliest of "fangirls" and there is nothing wrong with it. It gives a perspective that I find very charming. Your graphics are truly a thing of beauty and reflect your love and soul. Don't be sad or hurt because we are not all upset by the ramblings of the critics. Some of us (me) are just not able to let the bashers and "uneduclayted" get to us. I feel ya honey! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

cindilu2, just want to second what ialreadyam said above. There would be a very important color of the rainbow at fca missing if you weren't here with us.

And for the record, (although for the most part random bloggers or uninformed critics don't jog my equilibrium too much) ANY guy who uses the term WIFE or "the wife" loses my audience and respect immediatly. Where I come from this "term" is used fairly regularly among the locals. DH has had to step in to stop me from doing some of them bodily harm :mallet:a few times.

My time-honored method for getting rid of the blogger blues or messageboard teeth grinding is to turn on ClayRadio and just listen to the man sing.

It may be oversimplifying in the most rose-colored glasses kind of way, but it works for me. That voice takes me all kinds of good places.

Okay back to my blizzard!!!!

waves to Kareneh whereever she is......