#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

luckiest, thanks for bringing over the recaps. I hope Tom and Hannah are OK.

Snow? I laugh at snow! HA HA! Seriously, it's been an interesting winter here too; however, my husband is Minnesota born and bred, and he's gotten me used to snow. Actually, we're at the point that we prefer snow and cold to brown and cold (which frequently happens here). What I'm tired of is the gray -- I need sunshine once in a while!

muski, sorry to hear about the plane tickets going up. I got mine early, and I'm glad I did. Just over $200 round trip for me. Of course, I'm not flying nearly as far as you.

I'm out for the day today; 3 hour drive, meeting for 5 hours, and then another 3 hour drive. Hopefully the roads are good. Later taters!

Good Morning Everyone,

86 Days Until the Closing Night of Spamalot!

88-95 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

'Course, then there's my fanstasy trip at the end of April through the closing performance of Spamalot May 4. :whistling-1:

You know, the country in the spring is a wonderful place to recharge batteries... :whistling-1:

ETA: Holy CRAP! Something happened to all the airfares just since early this morning! I need to hitchhike now to NYC from the West Coast. What a freakin' racket this whole thing is---airfares go up and down from hour to hour and it's like playing roulette, for crying out loud! :abuser:

Don't worry. With airfares more than even gravity, what goes up must come down! Just keep watching. You still have time.

So no one answered my question last night. Do they take plastic for souvenirs at the theater or do I need more cash tomorrow!

YAY! Tomorrow I see Sir Robin strut his stuff again!

there must be something wrong cos all my old friends got switched automatically...that should be blue. maybe you should send a ticket.

:cryingwlaughter: Ahhhh, you totally crack me up! Send a ticket to Clique?? I'd probably get a response somewhere along the lines of....."we regret your inability to renew your membership. Try changing browsers and updating your Java to the newest version". :cryingwlaughter:

But on the other hand.....yeah! Why DO I need that list of friends? Just didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings that had asked me to accept them. :)

Do you know if they ship to Canada?

Yes, they do. I ordered three mugs from them at different times and got them all with no problems....just a little GST at the door.

:clap:

ETA: Holy CRAP! Something happened to all the airfares just since early this morning! I need to hitchhike now to NYC from the West Coast. What a freakin' racket this whole thing is---airfares go up and down from hour to hour and it's like playing roulette, for crying out loud! :abuser:

well crap. I was goign to start checking for my air ticket today.... cuz I got both my state and federal refunds this week. :whistling-1:

Well, a lot of good can be done with what I spent on tickets as well, although they are generally not premium seats. I can't carry someone else's burden, my own is enough. Right now, I am watching celebrity rehab which is amazingly calling people on their crap.

Play, I don't begrudge any fan who goes to enjoy themselves and support Clay, no matter how many times they attend. More power to those who are able to have multiples! :lol: Those who have managed to get there by taking advantage of others, believing and spewing filthy lies and stalking - I can't even find words to begin to describe how I feel. But then that could be because I don't care to waste my time.

Maybe the next reality show on VH1 needs to be "Celebrity Stalker Rehab"!! :idea:

well crap. I was goign to start checking for my air ticket today.... cuz I got both my state and federal refunds this week. :whistling-1:

Between my fed & state, while I did manage to come out ahead, it's such a small amount that I can't even buy a pack of gum with it! :cryingwlaughter:

I feel your pain with the taxes....ours went up significantly because of our house appreciation. Frankly, I don't appreciate that. Get it? Appreciate? *groan* Oh, well, my kids are getting a good education off of them thar taxes, so...It's the homeowner's dues coming at the same time that are really the kicker.

Speaking of homes, good luck making your decision, Scarlett. ((HUGS))

And EEEEE for Claygasm getting her fangirly self all buzzed up! :)

Okay, and as for the friend function, at some boards, you can set your email and IM contacts to only be from those "friends" so that strangers can't ping and email you. Don't think that's what it is for on this board. Maybe it helps you find the posts of people you like, same as the ignore function (which I've never tried, btw) might help screen out the posts you don't want to see. So, if I was waiting for an update from someone who went to a concert, if they were my friend, wouldn't that help me find their recap more quickly? Dunno. I have never used that function...well, except at the OFC, where Clay and clayandr were my bestest buddies.

Anyhow...y'all...my day began at 5:30 and here I am about to sink back into bed and it's not even ten. Blame a husband's late night poker outing plus his smoking and/or breathing in second hand smoke for all that time plus his touch of allergic bronchitis...and yeah...his snoring is already legendary and last night's (or I should say this MORNING's) session was couch-inducing. Me, not him. I mourn the loss of my guest bedroom because creeping off to another bed was so much less inconvenient/uncomfortable. But yeah, now I'm through griping. I'm sure he can't help it...and I'm pretty sure I snore too, future roomies be warned. But I'm also pretty sure I cannot be heard all the way into the next room. At least I HOPE not! *sigh*

Good morning and happy Clay thoughts to all...Other than feeling like a sleepwalker, I'm pretty darn cheerful today. Already got a load of dishes AND a load of laundry done. AND swept the kitchen floor to boot! Not too shabby for this hour of the day.

Well, I don' know how my sister found it, but she found a discount airline that lands in Newburgh New York, which is supposed to be an hour train ride to NYC. I usually find the airfares cheaper to Philadelphia, as well, also a quick train ride to NYC. Maybe if you widen your search.

The killer for me was the cheap ticket to las Vegas out of AC, first Class. Unfortunately my water was turned off in the trailer at the beach, so I could not leave from there and driving for 3 hours to and from at 4 am would have put a crimp in my trip.

I sweetened the trip for my sister and brother in law with a trip to the beach after Spamalot and before the green head flies get there, heh.

Speaking of airfares.....I was doing some business searching today (HTH DO you get to Labrador City, NL, anyway? :blink: ) and found this, which may be of interest to Canadians wanting to get to NYC:

NY Weekender pass

This is a dynamic link, so it may not work; if it doesn't, go to aircanada.com and look at the top right for the NY Weekender pass.

Generally, we fly out of the US to US destinations, but that isn't feasible for all.

This offer from AC gives you 4 flight credits + a 40% discount on your hotel in NYC for $549 (out of Toronto).

MUCH cheaper than I had seen previously.

Do you know if they ship to Canada?

They do if it's clayandr!!!! :cryingwlaughter: Sometimes I just crack myself up!!!

merrieeee.... Sometimes you crack me up, too!!! :cryingwlaughter:

TGIF!!!

First some funny...

Remote.jpg

Then some dreamy...

1_22e.png

GAH!!!

I just don't get this "friends" thing at all. Periodically, I get messages that someone has requested I be their friend. Generally, I have no clue in hell who the person is, but I'm so grateful that ANYONE wants to be my friend that I say yes.

These are desperate times.

Generally, I have no clue in hell who the person is, but I'm so grateful that ANYONE wants to be my friend that I say yes.

BWAH! So true, so true...who knows? Maybe Clay had Clique design all this friend thing in order to make everybody feel....(get ready now)

included....

:cryingwlaughter:

BTW...liney, my hubby got a kick out of that remote control snark!

I just don't get this "friends" thing at all. Periodically, I get messages that someone has requested I be their friend. Generally, I have no clue in hell who the person is, but I'm so grateful that ANYONE wants to be my friend that I say yes.

I don't get it either but its the biggest thing on the net nowadays...collecting friends. I think its based on the popularity of facebook and myspace. That is why these new message board templates now have this social networking features...they are trying to keep up with the trend. I only have my family on facebook...but there are some people that just keep looking for people to make friends with.

Everyone I know seems to use facebook.....except me. I just don't see the point of it.

luckiest, my DIL sent me a "request to add" me as a friend on facebook - back in Sept. I registered at myspace so I could visit Clay & Co's pages. I hate to add another site. But I would like to see her site. She works for an interior design firm in Wilmington and I'm sure she did a good job with her site. It's probably a place she can send potential clients to see her work???

Anyway - anybody else know more about it? I don't know why I'm hesitating.

???

If it were Clay requested me befriend him, would I hesitate? :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Everyone I know seems to use facebook.....except me. I just don't see the point of it.

luckiest, my DIL sent me a "request to add" me as a friend on facebook - back in Sept. I registered at myspace so I could visit Clay & Co's pages. I hate to add another site. But I would like to see her site. She works for an interior design firm in Wilmington and I'm sure she did a good job with her site. It's probably a place she can send potential clients to see her work???

Anyway - anybody else know more about it? I don't know why I'm hesitating.

???

If it were Clay requested me befriend him, would I hesitate? :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Cotton its more for social networking cos as far as I can see its not really a site, more a page to put your pictures and blogs and other little features like videos and music. So I don;t know if your DIL would use it for clients. its probably to give you access to her photos and blogs.

I have a facebook account but more as a way to keep in touch with some family members. But when you join they go though your address book and will show the people you know that is already in Facebook and you can contact them and ask to be a friend.

It can be very addicting if you like taking a peak at your friends pictures and so on. But I don;t really go to it too often. I like to put an album of my kids so that its easy access for my cousins. I think that is mainly the purpose of making people your friend...you get to visit their pages and read their blog or see their pictures.

OMGosh! Do you know how devastating it is to click on the "My Friends" link at the top of this page and get the message "There are no friends to display"? :cry4:

It never bothered me before......until y'all started talking about it. I don't even know what it is, but somehow it smacks of the cool kids lunch table in junior high school.

Today was my day off and I've worn myself out 'not working'. I went to Borders for a simple $20 gift certificate and nearly had to mortgage my house by the time I left. That place should post a warning sign on the front door..."Warning: Crossing Threshold to this establishment could result in bankruptcy". :wub: I love books. I really should stop buying them because I figured out lately that I probably don't have enough years left to read all the books on my list, but I can't help myself. It's an addiction.

OMGosh! Do you know how devastating it is to click on the "My Friends" link at the top of this page and get the message "There are no friends to display"? :cry4:

It never bothered me before......until y'all started talking about it. I don't even know what it is, but somehow it smacks of the cool kids lunch table in junior high school.

Today was my day off and I've worn myself out 'not working'. I went to Borders for a simple $20 gift certificate and nearly had to mortgage my house by the time I left. That place should post a warning sign on the front door..."Warning: Crossing Threshold to this establishment could result in bankruptcy". :wub: I love books. I really should stop buying them because I figured out lately that I probably don't have enough years left to read all the books on my list, but I can't help myself. It's an addiction.

Re the "friends"....EXACTLY!! :cryingwlaughter:

Re the books....FromClaygary = Bookwhore2 :lol:

Perhaps we should trade?

BW, It's definitely an addiction, but I'm cheaper than you. I only patronize used book stores. Sometimes even that runs into $$$$$. The day I returned to work from lunch having spent $200 for a book, my workmates were ready to have me institutionalized.

BW, It's definitely an addiction, but I'm cheaper than you. I only patronize used book stores. Sometimes even that runs into $$$$$. The day I returned to work from lunch having spent $200 for a book, my workmates were ready to have me institutionalized.

But, lilyshine... what book was it? That makes all the difference! :cryingwlaughter:

How are the Constantine folks getting so many votes... you can only do one from one computer. I have a work computer and a home computer and voted from each. Can't do no more!