#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

A moment of silence please...

I broke my "I love a man with long laces" cup.

If anyone knows how I may purchase another, I will give you my first born, or my clack collection. I have used that cup every day for the past 4 years. I'm distraught.

Carry on.

ETA Money is no object. It was my way to have Clay on my desk every single day. Sniff. I'd look at those converse with the pink laces and smile.

Silence

Sorry for your loss.

Do you have a picture of your cup because I would like to see what a man with long laces looks like.

When I was 12 my mother sent my brother and I off to summer camp for 2 weeks. It cost the least of any of the available camps and was run by a fundamentalist Christian group. The pastor had some interesting ideas ( I thought they were off the wall) which included that it was a sin to go to movies because by doing so you supported the sinful lives of movie stars.

When I was little the Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door saying that because we didn't go to their church we were going to burn in the fires of hell! My Mum said "And I have a chicken burning in the oven" and she slammed the door on them!

As you can tell we were never ones for organised religion of any kind.

Ah Kandre, my aunt actually joined the Bapist chuch in England just because they had 5 services a week and she could wear a different hat to each one! Well that's what I was told when I was a kid so I just have to believe it....I mean they wouldn't lie to kid now! Would they?

As a Christian, it almost always makes me sad to read stories such as the one kf told. If I were her, I would have done the same thing, though. But I still love my church....basically because I believe they wouldn't do anything like that at all. (If they did, I'd be gone...but I'd also find another church. *g*)

They sent us home from work at 3:30 today. Heavy, wet snow blankets the area. And of course, by the time I got home, it pretty much stopped. I did cancel my bell choir rehearsal tonight though. So, I sit here, with my laptop and a cat. Life is good.

I'm so anxious to see Clay. I wish I could find someone who could time-travel me to the end of March! I want to see him dance!

When I was little the Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door saying that because we didn't go to their church we were going to burn in the fires of hell! My Mum said "And I have a chicken burning in the oven" and she slammed the door on them!

Our priest called my dad when I was 16 and said I was sending him to hell because I wasn't going to Catechism...my dad told him he was getting there all on his own.

The priest hung up.

I guess I'm really fortunate to have been raised a Catholic. We could dance, drink, fornicate and engage in all manner of sin and just go to confession once a week and start all over again. :)

I can't remember who mentioned it, but yes! There was many a time I had to wear a hankie bobbypinned to my head when I couldn't find my chapel cap to go to church. There was one time all we could find was a Kleenex! I couldn't wait to grow up and wear a fancy lace mantilla like my mother and grandmother....but I ended up leaving the church long before that happened. It was too big a price to pay! :cryingwlaughter:

I've been lurking and laughing at all the church stories.

I grew up in the Methodist Church but nobody ever told us we couldn't dance!

But - when our family went to weddings (this is the South, Y'all! No big full plate dinners - we had 'receptions' with finger food if we were lucky!), Daddy always asked which punch bowl was the Methodist Punch and which was the WhiskeyPalian Punch!!!

Guess which one this Methodist preacher's son wanted?!

:cryingwlaughter:

I couldn't wait to grow up and wear a fancy lace mantilla like my mother and grandmother...

We had little lace things we wore bobby pinned to our hair when we were kids. Round...like doilies. What were those then?

Oh my i remember those. I think the mantilla's are just longer...I too used to love looking at my moms but i think she rarely wore those.

I did have friends that were opus dei and they had to wear skirts that goes to their shins and had a looooong list of sins they have to avoid...including being in a car alone with a guy...and she couldn't go to our prom...they were pretty strict.

I couldn't wait to grow up and wear a fancy lace mantilla like my mother and grandmother...

We had little lace things we wore bobby pinned to our hair when we were kids. Round...like doilies. What were those then?

That was a chapel cap, JaMar. The long lace things that covered the adult women's heads and came down to their shoulders were called mantillas. (ETA: that's what they were called in my part of the country anyway. I'm sure they had other names in different regions).

Thanks YSRN..I've inquired at Marvelous Mugs but will just have me another one made if they no longer have it on file...well if someone can help me locate the photo that is -- I know some of us are more organized than others.

LdyJ :F_05BL17blowkiss:

COuchie, if you can't find another mug, I'll be glad to give you the one you gave me! Really. I have the BAF mug and another mug that CG gave me with that beautiful "Good News" picture on it...You can have the long shoelaces one...After all, if there's one person who doesn't NEED the constant reminder that Clay has long shoelaces, it's me, right? :cryingwlaughter:

Ok...it's 9:11 in NYC...what? No intermission reports yet? :waiting:

The long lace things that covered the adult women's heads and came down to their shoulders

I'm sorry, Bookwhore, but after Couchie's "lace" reference earlier today, I just gave myself a fit of the giggles, reading this. Long laces, but not THAT long!

*blushes*

I guess I'm really fortunate to have been raised a Catholic. We could dance, drink, fornicate and engage in all manner of sin and just go to confession once a week and start all over again. :)

I can't remember who mentioned it, but yes! There was many a time I had to wear a hankie bobbypinned to my head when I couldn't find my chapel cap to go to church. There was one time all we could find was a Kleenex! I couldn't wait to grow up and wear a fancy lace mantilla like my mother and grandmother....but I ended up leaving the church long before that happened. It was too big a price to pay! :cryingwlaughter:

That was me BW, and I too have had a Kleenex pinned to my head. :cryingwlaughter: Boy, interesting memories...

Speaking of which, Clay Aiken is singing and dancing on stage in NYC tonight and making some wonderful memories for a whole bunch of people sitting there watching him. Good times! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

From CV via CH:

News from Spamalot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clayoradoan called and they're selling Clay Spamalot buttons tonight and hopefully tomorrow there will be tshirts. It's quite full and it seems to be primarily NJU's. She is sitting in B101 so will be calling me after the show. She did say they told her that they didn't have to pay as much tax by buying at the theatre as at the shops around there. They're going to the stage door after the performance.

He's doing great and fits in totally. The LOTL is the same as last night, so Hannah is not yet back.

Well, luckiest1, we're in the middle of it now! I think this is the worst stormy night this winter. Thank GOODness I'm working at home doing yearend this week! I'm so happy I didn't have to drive home in this!

It is blowing about 160 miles an hour :lol: and we must have gotten a foot (of snow) in the past 2 hours.

Marilyn....good to see you! Sorry, but I laughed my butt off at your predicament over at the Spam thread at OFC :cryingwlaughter: I bet he'll remember you next time too!!

I'm so happy I know he's safe and warm on a stage in NYC. :)

Marilyn....good to see you! Sorry, but I laughed my butt off at your predicament over at the Spam thread at OFC :cryingwlaughter: I bet he'll remember you next time too!!

Well I took another line out of my original post THANK GOODNESS!!

I wouldnt want this guy mad at me!! I probably will never be able to look him in the face again!!

ahh Who am I kidding? I HOPE that he doesnt remember that little sentence.

post-1506-1202355230_thumb.jpg

I just talked to Reiki4Clay, who attended Spamalot tonight and last night! She bought a Spam pin. It's a large pin, 3 inches wide, with a blue background. It has a picture of Clay as Sir Robin, holding the chicken. The pin says 'Brave Sir Robin.' Cool! As reported by Clayoradoan (who is with Reiki), they will start selling t-shirts tomorrow night. No word on what the t-shirt will look like, or whether this merchandise will be available on the Spamalot website.

Reiki was very close last night (seat A2) and further back tonight. She enjoyed both views immensely! She says there were LOTS of kids in the audience, and everyone was very responsive to Clay and the cast. She went to a different matinee (not Spamalot) and there were only 15 people waiting by the stage door at that show, which seemed like very few compared to the crowds who wait for Clay!

More info from CV:

Clayoradoan called: Clay has a message for us, he introduced his "dresser", Shannon, and he wanted it out on the internet that she helped him in and out of his clothes.

Buttons: 3" $5 Sir Robin holding the chicken from waist up in a frame??

She said he was much more animated tonight and she really got into the 2nd half. The bit when he was the guard with Herbert was sooo funny. She said he was AWESOME

The button says "Brave Sir Robin"

I just talked to Reiki4Clay, who attended Spamalot tonight and last night! She bought a Spam pin. It's a large pin, 3 inches wide, with a blue background. It has a picture of Clay as Sir Robin, holding the chicken! The pin says 'Brave Sir Robin.' Cool! As reported by Clayoradoan (who is with Reiki), they will start selling t-shirts tomorrow night. No word on whether this merchandise will be availabe on the Spamalot website.

Oh goody! Something else to spend my money on! I don't think I took out enough cash for Saturday!

(I think they stole our Sir Robin pin idea....)

Marilyn - just what did you say??????

ETA: BWAH!

From CV via t he CH:

Clayoradoan called: Clay has a message for us, he introduced his "dresser", Shannon, and he wanted it out on the internet that she helped him in and out of his clothes.

Also:

She said he was much more animated tonight and she really got into the 2nd half. The bit when he was the guard with Herbert was sooo funny. She said he was AWESOME

From the stagedoor tonight:

The button says "Brave Sir Robin"