#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Been out all day, and slowly catching up on the boards....

She will soon be dressing other men and putting on their pants. I saw her backstage when sitting on the side. Clay had come down from the tower and was having his hat changed. Clay called out bring out your dead while his hat was adjusted and his back to the stage and someone else hit the triangle, Then Clay turned, grabbed it and ran out. I think there is very little time to admire when getting him in and out of his pants.281.gif

playbiller, I love reading these little details that you notice from your various shows. Thanks! Nine weeks and one day before I get to witness the magic for myself.

marilyn, I snagged your "Long and Lanky" pic from CV.

LONG_AND_LANKY_2_5_08.jpg

:hubbahubba: Come to momma, bay-bee!

I agree, FromClaygary - SNOW SUX! dome_snowman_md_wht.gif

Clayoradoan called: Clay has a message for us, he introduced his "dresser", Shannon, and he wanted it out on the internet that she helped him in and out of his clothes.

So....how much does Shannon pay

the producers for her

"job"? :hubbahubba:

:cryingwlaughter: You took the words right out of my mouth! I was going to ask how much she paid for the pleasure and start saving up in my own money jar.

Just as well, I don't think Fear can schedule another trip up here so soon. heh. She definitely hit a record number of trips this year. corny3.gif

Hey I resent that. I have made one trip this year and it was by car so it doesn't count. Plus I had to spend three days at my SIL home which means it was a minus trip and I am owed another for it to count. :clown_4:

Spamalot (Clay?) is really addicting. Now I'm playing the soundtrack in the car and laughing out loud at it. I'm feeling another trip coming on. Mr. Fear said he would like to see Spamalot again also so that bodes well for it to occur.

:idea:

OT, sortof, but I once had a job helping a guy make quick changes in a play. And he was wearing tights in one of the outfits too. He changed his make-up while I changed his clothes. We were so busy getting him ready in an impossibly short period of time that I never saw a thing.

FromClaygary I'm with you. I thought the same thing. I finally gave up and picked my Spamalot dates just knowing that TBAF would announce the gala for the dates I didn't choose. Good to know that it won't be before May.

Cindilu2 has agreed to work on my cup YAY.... Marvelous Mugs is similar to Cafe Press I think so once the graphic is done I think anyone who wants one can just go order.

Half time report via getclayaiken:

from katymom at CV...

smz80219 and Clayoradoan called at intermission. Shirts are blue with same picture as on the button $25. He's very animated tonight and they have excellent seats 7th row center. Some CH'ers are behind them and the gang of ewwww are 3 rows directly in front of them. It seems quite full tonight and a good audience. Husband and wife next to Clayoradoan are enjoying it immensely and she will talk to them after intermission. jojoct is in Seat A101. They will be going to the stage door and hope to take pictures tonight as they already have his autograph.

I'm guessing that "the gang of ewwww" are Clay's baby's momma, HD, and HF.

I'm guessing that "the gang of ewwww" are Clay's baby's momma, HD, and HF.

I'm guessing that a lot of good could be done (BAF, UNICEF, insert any # of charities here) with the $$$ being spent on their sorry butts taking up seats. Pathetic.

Did I miss the picture on the button?

Oh wait, I remember now, it ist he upper body of Sir Robin.

Well, a lot of good can be done with what I spent on tickets as well, although they are generally not premium seats. I can't carry someone else's burden, my own is enough. Right now, I am watching celebrity rehab which is amazingly calling people on their crap.

Stupid costco stopped carrying the prepared foods I like, Oh well. I will have to spread my wings and try their shrimp wonton soup now.

Thanks couchie re the mugs...let us know what happens with it!

Kind of OT....does anyone know how to see your "friends" at the OFC? My understanding was that if you were signed in, and went to "Fan HQ", your friends appeared listed on that page. They don't for me. :(

I've had people tell me they've requested me/approved my request, but I have no idea how I see that. Don't want to have people thinking I don't love them anymore! :lol:

What am I doing wrong?

FromClaygary, if you are logged in at the OFC, look for a little blue link directly under Clay's pictures (slurp) that says "Your Friends." That will take you to a page where you can see "Good Friends" first (and I don't know how that one works yet -- any clues how make people good friends?) but you can also just click to see "Friends" too. Also, I've discovered in the past week that if you're invited to be a friend, a little message appears at the top of the page once you log in. You then get the chance to approve or deny that friend.

Thanks couchie re the mugs...let us know what happens with it!

Kind of OT....does anyone know how to see your "friends" at the OFC? My understanding was that if you were signed in, and went to "Fan HQ", your friends appeared listed on that page. They don't for me. :(

I've had people tell me they've requested me/approved my request, but I have no idea how I see that. Don't want to have people thinking I don't love them anymore! :lol:

What am I doing wrong?

I think you go to your page and on the upper right corner..,,under the banner, I think there is a friends link. That will show you your friends...at least thats what happened with me.

FromClaygary, if you are logged in at the OFC, look for a little blue link directly under Clay's pictures (slurp) that says "Your Friends." That will take you to a page where you can see "Good Friends" first (and I don't know how that one works yet -- any clues how make people good friends?) but you can also just click to see "Friends" too. Also, I've discovered in the past week that if you're invited to be a friend, a little message appears at the top of the page once you log in. You then get the chance to approve or deny that friend.

Thanks ldyj and ansam....well, if that's the way it works....noone is interested in being my friend apparently! :cryingwlaughter:

"Friends" is greyed out, and I can't click on it. So guess that means that anyone that was my friend previously is also gonzo.

Oh well. Junior high all over again. :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks ldyj and ansam....well, if that's the way it works....noone is interested in being my friend apparently! :cryingwlaughter:

"Friends" is greyed out, and I can't click on it. So guess that means that anyone that was my friend previously is also gonzo.

Oh well. Junior high all over again. :cryingwlaughter:

there must be something wrong cos all my old friends got switched automatically...that should be blue. maybe you should send a ticket.

Whew! I just dragged myself and the spoils of the day through the door. Can I join in on whining about the snow and the cold and the icy wind and ...... so on.

It's so frustrating when at the end of the day you just want to get inside and the *#&*!!X garage door only goes a third of the way up cause the track is frozen up. And then I have to get out of the car and yank on the chain while pushing the frosty door up manually, get back in my car, drive it into the garage, and then shut the door again. Life in the tundra sure ain't automatic in the winter.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: all!

Have I mentioned how much I hate winter??

Waves sympathetically at FromClaygary!!!

Cindilu2 has agreed to work on my cup YAY.... Marvelous Mugs is similar to Cafe Press I think so once the graphic is done I think anyone who wants one can just go order.

:( Awww, I wanted you to do it all for me, Couchie :imgtongue: .

Do you know if they ship to Canada?

Stupid costco stopped carrying the prepared foods I like, Oh well. I will have to spread my wings and try their shrimp wonton soup now.

Man, I can relate. I swear I walked around those long aisle three times looking for something I'm positive was there just last week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

playbiller, I am in constant awe of your emoticons.

JMO on the "friends" thing at OFC, the setup brings back some not so pleasant memories of never quite making it into the "in" group in my growing up years. Maybe I'm ignorant or need more therapy but why do I need a "list" of friends; is there some advantage to this? Scratch-Head.gif

F%$##$$#$%^^&&%%$T^^%$KKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working on my taxes.

Do you think they'll question my adding Clay as a dependent??

I'm taking a 'mental health day' tomorrow from work. demmit.

I'm going to spend some of the time figuring out travel plans for Spamalot in March with hubby. Gotta get his roundtrip ticket to Philly and rental car...then my airline ticket to NYC then Charlotte then back home. Got the hotel already.

'Course, then there's my fanstasy trip at the end of April through the closing performance of Spamalot May 4. :whistling-1:

(tax papers are glaring at me, too, as are the boxes of our Christmas decorations that are still in the corner of our living room since the garage is so freakin' packed and chaotic we can't figure out where to put the boxes---but I digress--on purpose...heh.)

ETA: Holy CRAP! Something happened to all the airfares just since early this morning! I need to hitchhike now to NYC from the West Coast. What a freakin' racket this whole thing is---airfares go up and down from hour to hour and it's like playing roulette, for crying out loud! :abuser:

Is there anything worse than snow and taxes? Two of my least favourite things. It took me a good half an hour yesterday morning to dig my car out from under all the snow that fell on top of the ice. And I had to get my daughter up to help me dig out the end of the driveway where the snow plow so helpfully plowed us in. Haven't even thought about doing taxes yet. Have to start mandatory training for 2 weeks at work on Monday. Yeah, I could use a mental health day really soon, too. Found out yesterday that my son is scheduled for an MRI at 5:30 am Monday. This is a good thing, because we managed to get him into a cancellation (wait was 9 - 12 months otherwise) but man, could it be any earlier? Hee, good thing I am a morning person! Him? Not so much. But at least I won't miss work again.

Shrimp wonton soup? Wheeeeeee! Yum! Point me in the right direction. Oh. Yeah. My Costco membership expired late last year. Ooops. I love Costco....so many different things to buy, even if they don't seem to carry the same stock from week to week (which, I agree, can be frustrating!)

Ummm....Clay content.....no picture of the shirt yet? ;)

ETA a couple of fan recaps from last night.

They got pictures at the stagedoor. The peasant was in C101 and her name was Sheila J, a fan and she did good. They had a car for part of the barricade and Clayoradoan laid her shirt on the car, and Clay said, "I'm not signing your shirt on the car, the owner will get mad at me.", but he signed it after they moved it. They got other autographs. Some of the CH'ers got their pics taken with other cast members. The sisters of ewwwwww, in particular FBM, almost caught the wedding bouquet but a man behind them got it.

During Look At the Bright Side people stood up right away and waved with the music, but tonight not until the end.

They saw the Chinese New year parade go by on 44th Street.

More tomorrow -- we're pretty exhausted. Understandably so, since we've been up since 4am, made our way through snow drifts and across ice floes to get to the airport, and just dragged our sorry asses back to the hotel after chowing down on cheesecake with the charming morganette and her very entertaining son at Junior's (lovely to meet them!) plus seeing our good friend jojoct at the theatre. (Not to mention some familiar folks sitting three rows directly in front of us madly texting away...whatevah...*sigh*)

Mini recap: Clay was wonderful, he looked fantastic, the show was hilarious, the Lady of the Lake was the understudy again, Tom Deckman (especially) and the rest of the cast were fabulous, my head is still annoyingly stuffed up, the two ladies in front of us remembered me from Waukegan (small world, isn't it?), and yes, Clay most definitely did recognize me at the stage door. Although in retrospect I'm not so sure that's necessarily a good thing. *g*

I am not as tired as the Pink Posse, but I don't write as well as PA, so I won't make this long.

It was a joy. There were so many things to look at and laugh at on the stage that it was hard to remember Clay was up there.... yeah right. For me, one of the best surprises was the homage the show paid to so many other Broadway shows that came before. I actually squeeled when Eponine came on stage near the end of the First Act.

When Tom Deckman came out to leave he was protecting his arm because he hurt it during the show. He indicated that the injury happened during Clay's song, so he must have done the rest of the show in pain. Bravo Tom. Hope you heal quickly.

Hope Tom isn't injured too seriously. And I wonder if maybe Hannah is sick? I think this is the 3rd show in a row she's missed.