#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

Marilyn - just what did you say??????

Well, I had spoken to him while he was signing my poster. He looked up and recognized me, said something, and was gone.

So I finished my recap with "Best quickie I ever had"

And then I found out he read that thread this afternoon- I had forgotten to edit that part!!!

Clayoradoan called: Clay has a message for us, he introduced his "dresser", Shannon, and he wanted it out on the internet that she helped him in and out of his clothes.

I wonder what he is trying to tell us? Maybe thats why he is happy???

Awww. I think he's teasin' us. :wub:

I agree. He's probably looking forward to all the speculating and extrapolating that will inevitably result!

He's such a little shit!

Marilyn, I bet he would have LOVED your quickie comment! You should have left it in!

Dance Captaining is much easier in flats - but I can rock the stilletos if necessary!

Alright, now you guys have to help me figure out how this applies to public health, and I can finally finish my Masters!

hellosanta.gif

Hi, K'Andre, this is Lena posting; you know, zena's sister who you met in Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis?

I thought maybe the Santa hat would jog along your memory.

zena is driving in a blizzard somewhere, (at least that's what she told me to tell you).

I, Lena that is, am always interested in public health and Mastering things. Sorry, but all the Lutherans out here in Minnesota don't really dance; we just stomp around to keep warm. So I really don't even do the metaphorical dance thing zena was talking about.

Yes well, back to public health. I think for shure that Clay was/is doing a lot of deep breathing during his dancing around so that's more oxygen for Clay and more carbon dioxide for the plants and green things. Do you need more reasons for mastering or is this a good start?

I'm always happy to help one of zena's friends, and there's not too much to do out here in the tundra these days.

I broke my "I love a man with long laces" cup.

If anyone knows how I may purchase another, I will give you my first born, or my clack collection. I have used that cup every day for the past 4 years. I'm distraught.

Carry on.

ETA Money is no object. It was my way to have Clay on my desk every single day. Sniff. I'd look at those converse with the pink laces and smile.

CouchTomato, this is still Lena. I don't really understand why it is so important to you but I'm sure I have a clay cup and some long pink laces around somewhere. I got those laces in the bargain bin at Food-Rite for 50 cents. I would be happy to send them to you for free.

Is clack a new kind of Corelle or china? I haven't seen anywhere out here; leastways not in Walmart or Target.

Do you think zena would like a clay cup with laces too? She is so sad these days. She just sits around the house eating Spam sandwiches.... I wish I could make her smile like she did in Minneapolis before Christmas.

I'm a little worried about this "not yet dead" thing she has written down here. Do you think she's coming down with something? Scratch-Head.gif

oh oh....hide2.gifzena's back.....

I agree. He's probably looking forward to all the speculating and extrapolating that will inevitably result!

He's such a little shit!

Marilyn, I bet he would have LOVED your quickie comment! You should have left it in!

No, thats the point. I DID leave it in!!! I took out the reference to Mr Happy though!!

He's such a little shit!

No, thats the point. I DID leave it in. I took out the reference to Mr Happy though!!

Oh. I thought you took that out!

But just what did you say about Mr. Happy?????

Recap of tonight's show via morganette of the CH:

Just got back to the hotel from the show and I'll try to do a little recap....

I see it's already been reported about Shannon.....At the stage door, Clay came out with his arm around a redheaded girl, and introduced her to the crowd, and said, "she's the one that helps me get my pants on and off." It was really cute! And Jerome wasn't there, but another guy was.

Clay was wearing the light blue Carolina hoody and looked great.

I bought one of the buttons, they're really nice. Bought a tee shirt too that says "I'm not dead yet". I asked if they were going to have tee shirts with Clay on them, and she said they hope to get Clay shirts in tomorrow, but she didn't know if there'd be a picture of him on them, she said something about a shield. I hope the Clay items will all become available online.

The place was packed again, it really looked like it might have been sold out. The view from the second row is NICE!! And it's interesting how you can see right down into the orchestra pit!

The crowd seemed more enthusiastic than last night, not near as many kids there and more Clay fans, it sounded like. I was talking to a lady in line while waiting to get in, and she commented she wasn't a Monty Python fan, and she didn't like any of their movies, especially the Holy Grail one. We figured she must have been surprised when she discovered what the play was about! She said she didn't like the Monty Python movie called Blazing Saddles either! Hmmmmm....haha!

I noticed a part that I haven't seen anyone mention yet......During the Camalot scene, when the knight brings out the big Spam towards the audience singing Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, then Clay goes out to center stage and sings "Lovely spam, wonderful Spam" a couple of times, and another knight has to pull him back as if they think he'll just keep singing......It's very funny!

As the people were exiting the theater, we noticed that pieces of the confetti (they're quite large) that had landed on them were blowing off and flying up into the sky, swirling all around. When they explode the confetti over the audience at the end of the show there's lots of it everywhere. We wondered if they just sweep it up and reuse it each day.

It's much colder here tonight, with more wind. I hope everyone traveling in the snowy areas can make it to NY. I saw in the paper it's supposed to be about 20 degrees colder here tomorrow.

All in all, the show tonight seemed to me like it was a little more "on" than last night, and Clay seemed more relaxed and friendly at the stage door. He was kidding around with Rick Holmes (Lancelot) who was also signing a few autographs, saying that they should just start signing each other's names.

We were a little disappointed that Hannah W. wasn't there again, but the understudy did a nice job.

That Clay Aiken. Such a little tease.

He's such a little shit!

No, thats the point. I DID leave it in. I took out the reference to Mr Happy though!!

Oh. I thought you took that out!

But just what did you say about Mr. Happy?????

Well he was obviously present again last night. But that was NOT in the recap at the OFC>

This is even better. From CH:

I see it's already been reported about Shannon.....At the stage door, Clay came out with his arm around a redheaded girl, and introduced her to the crowd, and said, "she's the one that helps me get my pants on and off." It was really cute! And Jerome wasn't there, but another guy was.

I'm dense but let me understand something here, Marilyn. You posted your recap on OFC and he saw it? okay. But how would he recognize you at the stage door? What am I missing? I think it's cute that he knows you wrote about him being your best quickie!

He already knows he has the best Mr. Happy without anybody telling him, though. Wonder if Shannon has an opinion. :whistling-1:

Couchie, I have that mug, too and it's my most very very favorite! I am nothing short of bereft for you tonight. Get in touch with Nelle because she has the biggest and most organized photo collection of anyone I know. She most likely has it and more importantly has it labeled. I know I have it but the external it's on is packed up at the moment. I'll never forget the night John looked at the mug of coffee I was carrying into the living room. he got the most quizzical look on his face and asked, "What does your mug say?" I played dumb....he didn't pursue it. :whistling-1:

So......is it considered really really gauche if there is a get together being planned to say goodbye to a person and that person doesn't show up? That person THINKS she'll show up but........a front row center orchestra ticket happened up pop up for a certain Broadway show yesterday afternoon and well.....someone (who probably isn't going to use the ticket or the one she has for the Saturday matinee) bought it. :chair: In 40 minutes a particular Continental Airlines reservation is going to expire if it isn't ticketed and well......it probably isn't going to get ticketed by midnight like it's supposed to be.....but that doesn't mean it can't be rebooked at 12:01. Wishy washy much, Karen?

As I was going through this apartment collecting up things to pack I came across out collection of pocket change....6 tubs of coins...... saved by tossing our loose change into a Dixie cup on the bathroom vanity for as long as we've lived here. We've done this at all of our places and I usually cash it in when we move onto the next place. I was going to put this lot into storage but with evil intent, I made a pact with myself that if I could finance my meals, the dog boarding, the cab fares and the fees for my points tickets with quarters from the tubs, I would go to New York this Saturday. I came up with $270 in quarters. :confetti2: I think that's enough. I don't think I'll even have to roll the dimes for a Clay button.

Oy! I'm just not comfortable flying to New York without telling anyone where I'm going.....especially since if I turn up in a picture or a video or someone gives me a shout out on the boards later, my aunt is going to see me or read it. Then she's going to tell my mother, who is going to tell my kids who are going to tell their father. Tell him like this......"Did Mom tell you she was going to New York this weekend? **nudge-nudge wink-wink** They think they are funny. Even when I tell their father where I am going, which I ALWAYS do....they assume I don't. They think they are very very funny. I just think they are weird.

But I did get my scanner hooked up this afternoon and I sent them a general warning shot....just so they know that their mother is not only in possession of all those childhood photographs but the means to upload them to Facebook. I think we are going to have to have a talk soon about getting a little more on board with the program.

All this :happy-male-133: talk and a front row seat in the center orchestra. It's killing me....Too bad I have to deal with Mr. Might-Not-Be-So-Happy before before I can see the other. I am learning that it is much harder to get what you want via webcam than it is in person.

Hmmm......maybe I'm just not putting the webcam to good use....since batting my big brown eyes just isn't translating well at the amount of resolution we have.

My scanner is grand. I'm going to take it to bed with me tonight. Had a fun day at Radio Shack making sure I had everything I possibly need to live in my new country. Came away with a bag full of stepdown transformers, S video cables, and things like that.

Dinner on Monday night was a blast, as always. It was great to have the added company of Desertrose and muski who had to put up with my mess for the night. It was no trouble to drive into the city on Tuesday morning....you know what? I got a lot done yesterday with getting up that early. A LOT! I was proud.

He loves us! He really does! If we can't take his pants of ourselves he at least lets us meet our proxy.

He's still a brat, though. :D

I'm dense but let me understand something here, Marilyn. You posted your recap on OFC and he saw it? okay. But how would he recognize you at the stage door? What am I missing? I think it's cute that he knows you wrote about him being your best quickie!

Because I read my story for him at concerts-about my first Christmas in America-and got to talk to him after.

When he was signing my poster, I said "Brilliant British accent, Clay" and he actually looked up at me and recognized me and said "OOOH! well coming from you, thats very good" and then he waved at everyone and was gone- hence the "quickie"

I really did NOT think he would remember. and he doesnt really look at people very much when he signs the playbills

Well, the subject has changed....... with the introduction of Shannon :D

Back to the dancing. Clay has a natural rhythm and can dance..... but no, not like true dancers.

He is so blessed with other gifts............ God given gifts.......

amazing voice

very intelligent!

wit (a very funny man)

good with improv

wonderful with all children (and I consider that a gift)

charisma

great entertainer

tall

handsome

Waldo

I imagine you can think of more to add to the list.

Many, many men may have a couple of those gifts...... but how many have been blessed like Clay?

His gifts may not have been there for all to see earlier in his life, just laying dormant for the right time. (no smut intended) :28:

I believe that time is here...... :04:

bwah Play and Zena.

So yay, the lady at marvelous mugs said she knows that graphic is around there somewhere and she'll keep looking...so nobody has posted the picture yet? Surely someone has Clay's feet photos cataloged? Ya'll are slippin!!

Heh, why didn't you say so?

th_PinkLacesShelly.jpg

I don't have the artwork for the mug. But if the MM peeps can't find it, surely they can recreate it from this. You don't need it to say CH probably. :)

Thanks YSRN and LdyJ and TTP heee for sending the photo!! So now, if she can't find it I'll be able to recreate my cup and I won't have to take from the two sweeties who offered me theirs. Sigh. I can sleep tonight. LOL.

So, who is this lucky wench that helps Clay get undressed?

Kareneh I just love your posts. Such an adventure ahead. I love the cup for the same reason..people read it and they immeidately have naughy thoughts but they don't know the true meaning. They can laugh with me about it but not have a clue.

so I keep trying to start change jars but I keep digging into it for the soda machine or these days...the bus. How does one collect $270 in quarters!!

One Sunday in June 1968 the pastor got up and decried all the ballyhoo over the funeral train of Robert Kennedy and said it was a "blessing" that the country was spared another Kennedy in the White House. I got up and and walked down the aisle and out the front door and haven't been back to church except for weddings and funerals since -- and that's been ..... what? 40 years!!! So.be.it. But no matter -- I found my grail soon after. Or better stated, my grail found me.

OMG, Keepingfaith... how wonderful of you! I'm impressed! I wish more people had your guts and right thinking. I bet there were many/at least some who wished for the courage to do what you did! Bravo!

I'm impressed with my parents. They are in their 80's and finally left the SB's in 2002 -- because as my Mom put it ... "They think the most important thing in the life of Jesus is when he joined the Republican Party." A while back my mom told someone who asked her religion that she was Baptist, and when the lady asked "Southern Baptist?" my mother replied ........ "No .... Jimmy Carter Baptist." My mother is cute, by the way.

Keeping... BWAH!!! Do you think your mom would adopt me? I'm motherless (and I am not unhappy about that).

When I was little the Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door saying that because we didn't go to their church we were going to burn in the fires of hell! My Mum said "And I have a chicken burning in the oven" and she slammed the door on them!

Our priest called my dad when I was 16 and said I was sending him to hell because I wasn't going to Catechism...my dad told him he was getting there all on his own.

The priest hung up.

JJ... BWAH!!! too! Funny dad!

Marilyn - just what did you say??????

Well, I had spoken to him while he was signing my poster. He looked up and recognized me, said something, and was gone.

So I finished my recap with "Best quickie I ever had"

And then I found out he read that thread this afternoon- I had forgotten to edit that part!!!

Marilyon... if he read it, I bet he loved it! He sorta kinda has a great sense of humor! :cryingwlaughter:

Some friends were moving from SoCal to DC. They had a 5-gallon glass water jar a little more than half full of coins. They gave it to me for a trip to Eygpt I was planning (9/11 happened before the trip, so didn't get to go). It was $600 and a bit. I was flabbergasted! Those coins add up. I am refilling the jar, but since I use my quarters for laundry, I'm sure my coinage is a lot less, dang it!

Okie dokie..I'm rebooked. Good until midnight Friday and that works because I'd have to leave for the airport about 4 hours later. I've even still got window seats.....I know a sign when I see one.

Another hankie-head checking in. If I remember right, we used to graduate to the long mantilla when we got to high school. Fun fun times back in the olden days.

Speaking of fun times, I hear we have pants clack coming. I think I'll hang around a little longer. I have to get used to a new time zone, anyway. Did I tell you guys I saw Jersey Boys last night? Loved it. Great cast and great music. New ear worms.

Been heavily immersed in LA pix.....I am about to inflict. I know these are so last year but humor me. (A lot. I have 5 or 6 more summer shows to go). You know, I have a hell of a time cropping his hands out of a picture. Kills me to do it. I'm about 3/4 of the way through this set and what I have so far is here in the Los Angeles gallery.

251343334-L.jpg

251342793-L.jpg

251342532-L.jpg

251341737-L.jpg

Another one for the Clay looking down Angela's shirt collection.

250946936-L.jpg

250944343-L.jpg

250943574-L.jpg

250750254-L.jpg

250750054-L.jpg

250749044-L.jpg

Because I read my story for him at concerts-about my first Christmas in America-and got to talk to him after.

When he was signing my poster, I said "Brilliant British accent, Clay" and he actually looked up at me and recognized me and said "OOOH! well coming from you, thats very good" and then he waved at everyone and was gone- hence the "quickie"

I really did NOT think he would remember. and he doesnt really look at people very much when he signs the playbills

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Another one! I told the eHP on Monday night hat "we" were taking the country back one person at a time...and they didn't believe me!