#26: "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• I'm considering running for President!
    • Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!
    • The man's a joy magnet!

I do agree that as good as Clay is in comedy...his prowess in drama is still a bit unknown...although many people saw promise in his bit from scrubs (the scene where he gets fired). What makes me really optimistic is that he is so committed to this role and was willing to get out of his comfort zone, i.e. dancing...that I am pretty sure that he will give his all in a dramatic role too, if/when he chooses to take one on.

Knowing little or nothing about acting, I've watched enough of Inside the Actors Studio to have heard many times over that comedy is more difficult than drama. Jim Carrey and Robin Williams are totally over the top comedians and have won awards for dramatic acting. I like to think that Clay can be successful at just about anything he puts his mind to, although, tip of the hat to KAndre, he'll probably never be a Broadway dance king or win DWTS. But anything else, I think he's got the talent wherever he wants to put it. I BELIEEEEEEVE!

Can't believe I'm still the only one awake from the eHP Partay and Clay Marathon last night?!!! We had a niiiiice dinner/send-off for Kareneh (who actually made it) although we plan to see her again in April! We went through KAndre's Clayversion disks that she'd planned to send to Australia (if KeepingFaith hasn't stolen them yet). Could not ask for a more perfect night when I really needed it. To Love Somebody is truly awesome!!! (now if only "Clay Marathon" were to mean something else entirely...)

I still can't believe the things you guys were holding back -- that TITN video ........... I'm waiting ......

onFire.gif

impatient-1.gif

Alright, alright, guess I'll be patient because ..... yes I DID COME HOME WITH DVD'S (merrieeee I love ya) --but ya'll don't honestly think I'd be crazy enough to run off with KAndre's stuff now do ya? I may LOOK stupid .... but I have retained sufficient brain cells for basic self-preservation.

But .... word to the weak sisters who went to bed at 4:30 a.m. ...... LIGHTWEIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Great night, great morning, great friends .... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Have been hibernating on the couch all day rolled up in a blanket...0 degrees here, but the sun is out. Been a pretty lazy day, but I did make some raisin bread this morning...really made the house smell good and I am looking forward to hot chocolate and raisin toast for breakfast in the morning.

Playbiller Feel better soon, sounds like a nasty bug.

fromClaygary I am glad your wrist wasn't broken; take care of yourself.

What a beautiful picture of Clay from Morganette; I love him in blond hair, I hope he keeps it for a while. What a gorgeous profile and I have always been partial to his neck!

Kim

I still can't believe the things you guys were holding back -- that TITN video ........... I'm waiting ......

We didn't know there were people out there who hadn't seen it. Everyone examined that thing frame by frame when it was leaked. Would have posted the link sooner but I had to stop at Fry's and the DSW on the way home.

Here's the CU link for the unstamped TITN video. Right Click and Save. Then Drool.

I edited the link out but you can find it easily by going to CU and navigating to the appropriate directories

You mean we are allowed to share the thing? I still have it in a folder marked "Do Not Share"! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, how cool will it be to have a decent cap of ICHM from yesterday? The one I have from way back when is blurry and distorted. Hee, I've been on a bit of an AI2 bend since yesterday.

What I want to know is if we have mp3s of the new hollywood clips... I have great mp3's of all Clay's AI2 performance including the groups...but I realized that I don;t have the AI2 Clay superstar and the other hollywood clips...did anyone make them yet? My ipod is not complete without it!!!

oh and what about that longer version of the audition...

Sigh...I love that...

You mean we are allowed to share the thing? I still have it in a folder marked "Do Not Share"! :cryingwlaughter:

Clack Unlimited lost that memo then because it's sitting there in plain sight for anyone to download without a password. I'll pull the direct link so that it will be take a little work to find it.

Yes indeedy what a beautiful picture of Clay from Morganette It is one of those photos of Clay which is so beautiful that I just had to catch my breath.

I came across that video of TITN early in my fandom, that is, in 06 and had no idea that I wasn't supposed to have it. Can someone tell me why it was never released?

From what I recall TITN was one item that the vaults stayed away from as a policy. It was probably just an omission that this was not passed on to new vault-keepers since it's been a long time since then. (scenario: new vault person gets asked for TITN video, notices it's not on CU and then puts it up. My favorite "whores" are at Columbus this weekend -- I'm so jealous of the fun they must be having -- so it'll probably be Monday before we get a straight *giggles*, sober *giggles even more* answer)

Yes indeedy what a beautiful picture of Clay from Morganette It is one of those photos of Clay which is so beautiful that I just had to catch my breath.

I came across that video of TITN early in my fandom, that is, in 06 and had no idea that I wasn't supposed to have it. Can someone tell me why it was never released?

Yeah, I was wondering this too?

I don't know why that video was never released, but it could be because the Rebel Without a Cause attitude on his face doesn't really match the song. I don't care. I like it fine. This is the Night ... okay baby whatever you say.

I watched Idol Rewind-Motown yesterday on the CW, and DVRed it, and yet I know I'm going to watch it again on WGN in a little while. Is that bad? When I watched it yesterday I fogged out after Clay's performance and while my face was looking at the TV screen, I saw nothing. I briefly focused on Trenyce and Ruben, just for a while. I want to give it another try.

Can someone tell me why it was never released?

Lotus, from what we heard it was Clay who personally withdrew the release of this video, so it was not hosted because it was a matter of respect for him and his decisions regarding his own work. *'cause, you know, we have that in spades* No idea how he feels about that video now.

Like how would you feel if you drew a picture or wrote a story that you decided not to publish... that sort of thing. Then again, it's been a few years. He might or might not have changed his mind about it --- M&G question?

Yeah, I was wondering this too?

Clay didn't want it released...thought the whole video didn't fit the song.

I recall that Clay said that the TITN music video doesn't portray who he is, and didn't fit the song. If I recall correctly, he said that he's not an angry or mean person, and the video makes him look as though he is angry and mean. But I still love it!

I've been having fun playing with my new little pocket PC/phone. I put a cool calendar program on it so that I can keep up with my busy schedule and all of my kid's stuff. And, I just got an 8 GB micro SDHD card, and promptly put a bunch of music and video clack on it. There will soon be a 32 GB micro SDHC card available that's compatible with my phone, and that baby will hold lots of clack! It was fun to take my new toy to the gym today and watch Clay videos while on the elliptical!

GAH, this pic is gorgeous! We NEED to have it on this page:

DSC001850.jpg

I recall that Clay said that the TITN music video doesn't portray who he is, and didn't fit the song. If I recall correctly, he said that he's not an angry or mean person, and the video makes him look as though he is angry and mean. But I still love it!

Gibby, thanks for bringing the pretty pic over! I think that back then he was concerned about how he defined himself. Also, people weren't aware of his acting capabilities and so there could have been fixations (eg. like some people who only see him this year could come away with "Clay-is-really-Sir-Robin" frames of mind). It was his first video so it's understandable that he was cautious.

I think he looks searingly hot on it - but the song definitely doesn't mesh with the visuals. It's understandable that he wouldn't want something that doesn't seem to make sense to be the "first Clay Aiken video" -- years from now when they honor him for his body of work, it would be good to have as few "why-is-that-there?" items as possible. A weaker but structurally right video is acceptable as your very first. MHO, I wish he had replaced it with something just as good but more cohesive.

I think it would be so interesting for 2008 Clay to have a chat with 2004 Clay (I caught the Sarah Connor pilot.what).

ETA: :cryingwlaughter: LOL, Muski! *screams silently at the visual that is now stuck in my head*

Thanks for reminding me about TITN video... They had him wear casual clothes that actually fit him and at that time it was very rare, still is, but not as much. I remember him talking about the filming of this video... they flew him in from the tour and he had very little sleep and everytime they weren't actually filming him, he fell asleep.

I hope one day he films a video where he can be intense Clay again, as he does it so well and is soooo sexy while doing it! DROOL!!!

Did the grammy's geta pass from the writer's union?

Yes, the Grammy's were given a waiver from the WGA. But the strike is likely to end this week, anyway.

I thought Clay looked hot in the TITN video, but my guess is that he did not relate to the image presented in it. A part of me does wish, however, that it had been released. Ah well... Cest la vie...

I do think great comedic actors are rarer than great dramatic actors, but sadly, comedy rarely gets the recognition it deserves. I don't expect Clay to win any awards from Spamalot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does lead to other comedic roles.

Hope everyone who's under the weather is feeling better *soon* - Play, Claygary, Jamar. Be sure to get plenty of rest! :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

Tomorrow's Monday. It always seems to come again. Unexpectedly. :imgtongue:

I am in love with the picture posted on this page by GIBBY, he is gorgeous!!!!!!

Took me most of the day to catch up after being gone for eight days with no internet service. I was skiing in Vermont and we had lots of snow. I skiied three out of four days in powder. At one point on a double black hill the snow was about three feet deep. One of my friends fell and we were laughing so hard she could not get right up. I can say my thighs were very sore, and they would just burn after a long run.

About the video, I loved it, but can understand why he did not. It was not him, but I wish with his new CD he does one we will all appreciate and he brings the sexy out.

I may be the only one here but I really didn't like the TITN video because it was not true to who he was/is. I am glad he made the decision to not release that video. I still don't like it.

I don't know. I think it is very true to who is was/is. It is hot and sexy and he is and was hot and sexy! It didn't fit the song, but other than that, I LOVE it. Always have.