#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Crap! I want that avie! :cry4:Gibby! Post a lot, 'kay? :lilredani: God...that would be a great shot for an insert (heh) in the CD, wouldn't it? Dang that's verra verra hot. :hubbahubba:

Woot! for iTunes pre-release! I always thought that Clay might release early---he's such a hyper guy! At least for the first time, donchaknow... :whistling-1: I'll take it, of course...and then more when he'sthe initial fury has settled down some.

Well, I could very easily access OMWH on my PC desktop via IE at work, but I have a more difficult time making it all work on my Mac laptop via Safari here at home. Dang it.

I had the track on all day today at work. I still love it! I was singing it on the way home. Seems catchy to me. The only thing wrong with it is that it is not followed by 9 more songs.

Yes! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but that is EXACTLY what's wrong with it, merrieeee! :cryingwlaughter:

When we talk about some fans liking the song and some not, well, I guess this is a fandom that is allowed to say they don't like it with out being stoned, unlike some other fandoms. However, I would prefer that they don't write that on Amazon in consideration of other fans. Sometimes you can carry honesty too far. Taste varies even in a very small group.

Example. I think the song is very pretty and the music is lush and evocative and Clay's voice really sings this song in a complex arrangement, I like it. But I don't understand people here and other places who are talking about singing along with the song and the earworm thing. I have tried to sing along, I have red the lyrics whike listening, yet, I will sing ababab and Clay will sing abcdef. I just can't stay up with the song. I sudently an off in another direction and I can't reproduce the sound in my head so that I can sing by myself. There are turns and surprises for me in this song that are confusing. But, I am pretty much as unmusical as you can get and can't carry a tune, so maybe that is to be expected. Is this the "new" people are talking about. I must admit, that if I try to sing along, it does put me on "edge"

Itunes, Crap, Ihave to see if Fear fixed my lap top to run with it, I gave up and she said she did, one more computer to drag out.

oh finally I caught up...

and now I can say...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh how I love this song...

it made me cry...it made me smile...and it was playing in my head the whole day.

I didn't really like it when I first heard the Tedder version for the same sing songy repeating melodic lines. But I think Clay's voice...the texture...the nuance...the emotions and he brings to the song...has made the sound much deeper and more complex to me. I also love the lyrics. Its soooo personal yet it totally reaches out to different people.

The arrangement...I think the sweeping way Clay sings this truly does need the orchestra. Clay;s voice is just so powerful and the emotion builds up that the orchestra truly carries him over.

I really wish fans would do themselves a favor and simply listen to these songs...to this CD for the music and for their own enjoyment and forget about NJU's, radio and critics. If you fall in love with the song...then others will too.

I also think that their strategy right now is bring out something that is very Clay for the people that love him and the people that like him or like that kind of music. Get the attention of the people that have bought his music before. Then....they can go after the ones that are resistant to Clay cos they think they know his style of music. So make the next single the uptempo stuff. What I can;t understand is why people simply assume that Clay will be successful with a Rockin edgy music....that mainstream will embrace an edgier Clay? That is still a very big risk IMO. And if you start off with that...the core fans...the people who love Clay for what he is may get turned off. That is why I think....go with whats expected...capture your regular listeners...then, show a different side of Clay. That way you might get more legs out of your CD.

Welcome Cori...I do hope other lurkers would join us.

Gibby, loved your analysis...looking forward to your comment on the rest of the CD.

Kandre...I have been saying YESSS to most of your posts...its funny cos we do have different musical taste and yet very similar attitude to Clay's songs and his career.

For those not enjoying this or were looking for something different...there are 10 more songs we haven;t heard...and with that bonus...which I hope is a recorded version of TRD...thats 11, there is a big chance that there will be something for everybody.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE can't wait for May 6...

Ok I just have to laugh to keep from...uh laughing harder. Is anybody else junk mailed/spammed <traditional definition> due to one Clay Aiken. I got a big ass package in the mail today from the Omaha Symphony. It took me a minute to remember why I keep getting mail from Duke medical center. And UNICEF well I won't call it spam, how about solicitation heh. But I have enough name labels to take me to my 20 year anniversary of "Take." And I won't get started on email...

from MsMarmalade on CH:

From the CNN Media Links thread:

="walkiki"]All Access

Hot/Moderrn/AC Future Releases

April 28, 2008

impacting songs

Artist - Clay Aiken

Title - On My Way Here

Label - RCA/RMG

Format - AC

So, it looks like the song will be officially released to radio on April 28th.

Another woo hoo! :clap:

from MsMarmalade on CH:

From the CNN Media Links thread:

="walkiki"]All Access

Hot/Moderrn/AC Future Releases

April 28, 2008

impacting songs

Artist - Clay Aiken

Title - On My Way Here

Label - RCA/RMG

Format - AC

So, it looks like the song will be officially released to radio on April 28th.

Another woo hoo! :clap:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...I hope it does well. If not...lets try with another.

Couchie, I got that packet from the Omaha Symphony, too! Too bad they're spending money on sending stuff to Colorado and California. Hey, I only travel that far to see Clay!

Ansa, I so agree with this:

But I think Clay's voice...the texture...the nuance...the emotions and he brings to the song...has made the sound much deeper and more complex to me. I also love the lyrics. Its soooo personal yet it totally reaches out to different people.

The arrangement...I think the sweeping way Clay sings this truly does need the orchestra. Clay;s voice is just so powerful and the emotion builds up that the orchestra truly carries him over.

WORD!!!

Hey playbiller, I'll be at your house in time to download and even to preorder. Despite not being the most computer savvy I did figure out how to download the cover and tracks from itunes.

I really wish fans would do themselves a favor and simply listen to these songs...to this CD for the music and for their own enjoyment and forget about NJU's, radio and critics. If you fall in love with the song...then others will too.

Ansa, I have been thinking this all day. I will never understand why the NJUs are more important than the fans. Although I haven't listened to the song so I can't comment on it, my opinion will be mine and I wouldn't expect anyone else to be swayed by it.

CG... I equate "edgy" to raw. Not polished. I'm not into modern music groups, so cannot come up with an example.

I'm thrilled we get an extra track with itunes again. Wouldn't it be nice if it was another penned by Clay????

Nevermind... I got my dates mixed up and answered my own question... which I all too frequently do since I live alone and talk to myself all the time... :cryingwlaughter:

I believe the iTunes preorders are just that - preorders. You won't actually get to hear the songs (including the bonus song) until the 6th of May.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! for the bonus track.

I've been surfing around and my eyes are about rolling out of my head, so I think it's time to push myself away from the boards and go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

If there were something wrong with the same old Clay Aiken then we wouldn't all still be here in this same old fandom.

He doesn't have to change for me.

EEEEEEEEEEEE for the iTunes preorder!

EEEEEEEEEEEE for the iTunes bonus track!

EEEEEEEEEEEE for the iTunes BOOKLET!! HA! We're getting a booklet!

I hope it has the lyrics.

Edgy? Um...U2 is Edgy. 'Cause they have a guitarist named "The Edge."

*thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week, try the veal!*

I noticed the change in the lyrics, too, Paulette. Thanks for posting the changes!

The only thing I'd change about the lyrics you posted is to take out the 'Ooooohhhh ' at the end of the first verse. Technically, he riffs on the word 'to' at the end of that verse, rather than finishing 'to' and then singing 'Ooooohhhh.' Yeah, it's a picky detail, but if I'm gonna read the lyrics along to a song, I like for them to be right!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I posted them to get feedback, thanks. I changed my copy.

I'm so behind. Off to catch up.

OH GAH....watching DWTS muted as I listen to OMWH...and this is a perfect song to make a beautiful lyrical cheoreography...I want Clay to sing it there....

Now we have his radio date, the pre order on Itunes and QVC....can't wait to see his TV schedule. This is May sweeps.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am sooooo excited

If there were something wrong with the same old Clay Aiken then we wouldn't all still be here in this same old fandom.

He doesn't have to change for me.

AMEN!!

Hee ldyj! :lol:

iTunes per-order bonus track and a push to radio! :nana:

As for QVC, here are some tidbits:

- QVC broadcasts in four major countries (US, UK, Germany, Japan)

- QVC broadcasts via cable and satellite TV 24 hours a day, 364 days a year (the Christmas show is pre-recorded), to 90 million homes, and ranks as the number two television network in terms of revenue (#1 in home shopping networks), with sales in 2006 giving a net revenue of $7.1 billion

- QVC reaches approximately 96% of all U.S. cable homes and nearly 25.3 million satellite homes, totaling more than 166 million homes worldwide

- QVC reaches more American homes than networks such as Lifetime, MTV, VH1, E!, Style, HGTV, Food Network, Discovery, and A&E

IMO, I don't see how that kind of exposure could be a bad thing.

reposting this because I went thru the song about 6-7 times and changed the lyrics that were previously posted.

I changed to ooohhh to ooooooo -- it sounds like toooo - and it is actually a continuation of that word......... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think we need some lyrics and some pretty pictures on this page!!!

On My Way Here

I took my first step

On the black and white kitchen floor

I sometimes wonder if that house

Is even there, anymore

I had my first glimpse of love

When I was five

I watched two people split apart

But still the three of us survived

I’ve seen the best

I’ve seen the worst

I wouldn’t change what I’ve been through

I’ve touched the sky

I’ve hit the wall

But I did what I had to

Ooooo

CHORUS:

On my way here

Where I am now

I’ve learned to fly

I have to want to leave the ground

I’ve fallen hard

But I’ve been loved

And in the end it all works out

My faith has conquered fear

On my way here.

My address has changed

Almost every year

I've found that standing still

Can quickly make a lifetime disappear

I'd rather try and fail

A thousand times denied

At least whenever you feel pain

It lets you know that you’re alive

I’ve been a fool

I’ve been afraid

I’ve been loved

I've been lied to

I've been wrong

I've been right

I stood up when I had to

oooooo

On my way here

Where I am now

I’ve learned to fly

I’ve fallen hard

But I’ve been loved

On my way here.

No guarantees

I believed that I would find

An open door or a light

To lead me to the other side

I guess that is why

On my way here

Where I am now

I’ve learned to fly

I’ve fallen hard

But I‘ve been loved

where I am now

I've learned to fly

I've fallen hard

But I've been loved

On my way here

I'll start!!

OnMyWayHere.jpg

I had a few reservations this morning....

Now, I officially love OMWH. Really. I love it. Headphones and AOL are a great combination.

I want to get up and sway back and forth as I listen to it, but the cord on my headphones isn't long enough. Can't wait to hear this in concert. I'm picturing Clay as Sir Robin swaying with his torch.

Meager talent....

Disconnect with the song...

Instantly forgettable, poorly performed....

Devoid of artistry and passion...

Stand-out on American Idol, but peaked too soon....

Another step backwards in his career....

Vocals have deteriorated over time.....

Inability to convey emotion through a song, and he lacked the interpretive skills needed to really excel....

Clay doesn't seem to have the vocal chops anymore....

The above are just a sampling of the negative comments from the Popeater site.

I get people not liking the song. I get people not liking ballads. I get people not liking the orchestration. I get people not liking Clay (and not liking the fans that attack the negative comments - none of which were written with any vitriol IMO).

What I don't get are those that think his vocals are bad or that he doesn't connect with this song!

Oh well. That just leaves more of Clay for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Think I will go back and listen to more of that deteriorating voice with the inability to convey emotion through a song!

I want to get up and sway back and forth as I listen to it, but the cord on my headphones isn't long enough. Can't wait to hear this in concert. I'm picturing Clay as Sir Robin swaying with his torch.

BWAH!! The next time I see Spamalot I know that's what I will be thinking of!!

Dissing Clay Aiken is sport for a lot of people Claygasm. I for one will never let comments like that get to me or frankly try to understand them or try to figure who is sincere and who is playing games. It's really just not worth it.

Thankful, now THAT is a visual I can get behind.

LdyJ, I was set to post, let's just ask The Edge!

As for the bonus tune for the iTunes pre-order ...... maybe Kyrie? Clay wanted it on the album but said that Jaymes held him back.

merrieeee, I'm glad to see you survived the Shell Houston Open. I hear it was a great success this year and the weather couldn't have been better over the weekend! Now you can have fun, sister!

I have both parents at home now, so that's a baby step in the right direction.

Now to the subject at hand. I FLOVE this song. His voice is like butter and the contemporary production of the thematic title song is a perfect prelude to songs about his five-year journey. I've always been partial to concept, so I'm as excited as a 17 year old waiting for Sgt. Pepper. Clay Aiken has the most luscious, pure, enchanting voice. I have faith that Kipper did everyone proud. I have no question that Clay's voice will keep me over the moon.