#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

I pre-ordered! But I have a question. IN the write up on the iTunes page, they called OMWH (the song)...'emotionally threadbare'...

What does that MEAN?

Emotionally threadbare -- to me it means exposing raw, naked emotion, without fluff.

I think it's an acknowledgment of the sincerity coming through in Clay's delivery of the song. It's a good thing.

ETA: I googled the term and the first thing that came up was this review from Lycos Music about an album entitled, "O.V. Wright - Giant Of Southern Soul 1965-1975":

Some of the most emotionally threadbare Southern soul ever recorded....This collection sees easily his best work, released on CD for the first time in the UK and shouldn't be missed..."

I'm going to keep this interpretation, whether or not it was intended. MUAH!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I pre-ordered! But I have a question. IN the write up on the iTunes page, they called OMWH (the song)...'emotionally threadbare'...

What does that MEAN?

Yeah.

And this?

"...destined to be played at every Homecoming dance or graduation ceremony from here to Calcutta."

Huh??

I think it means whoever wrote that is an idiot!! :cryingwlaughter:

eta: well alrighty then --- nevermind! :D

No, No, No. Emotionally threadbare is a huge compliment! That's a great review.

He's saying it's HONEST and that it will be POPULAR for YEARS!

I agree with you kf, to me in the context of the rest of the write up, I thought it was very positive

Quote:

Album Notes

The fourth studio album from Clay Aiken kicks off with the title track, an emotionally threadbare vocal showcase that was written in part by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. It's not hard to see the song, which details the emotions and experiences that shape us into the people we are at this moment, as an inspirational powerhouse that is destined to be played at every Homecoming dance or graduation ceremony from here to Calcutta. Sprinkled with electronic touches and upbeat pop, this is Aiken's most wide-reaching album to date. Of course his voice is main attraction, but the greater attention paid to addictive pop songwriting is just as impressive.

Seems complimentary to me.

Here's what my itunes looked like, I clicked the Pop category in the genres drop-down menu, and when the banner showed up, clicked the banner.

(If you have a wide screen monitor, you could put this up for your wallpaper and confuse the hell out of someone!! LOL) :cryingwlaughter:

itunes-preorder.jpg:hubbahubba:

Question: When will we get this? Do we have to open itunes on May 6th and it will download automatically?

What does that MEAN?

Emotionally threadbare -- to me it means exposing raw, naked emotion, without fluff.

I think it's an acknowledgment of the sincerity coming through in Clay's delivery of the song. It's a good thing.

ETA: I googled the term and the first thing that came up was this review from Lycos Music about an album entitled, "O.V. Wright - Giant Of Southern Soul 1965-1975":

Some of the most emotionally threadbare Southern soul ever recorded....This collection sees easily his best work, released on CD for the first time in the UK and shouldn't be missed..."

I'm going to keep this interpretation, whether or not it was intended. MUAH!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

That wasn't just a fluke interpretation, check out another review:

The New Orleans Sessions, Luckett's follow-up to My Little Crime (Acoustic Guitar's "Best Independent Release of 2002"), showcases an overwhelming talent. Her smoky voice, tenderly seductive, channels Joni Mitchell and Over the Rhine's Karin Bergquist. Her technical proficiency on the guitar -rhythmic, percussive, seasoned with jazz voicings and harmonic touches - is immediately apparent, at least once you've gotten over the fact that she's accompanying herself. Completing the picture, her deeply personal approach to songwriting employs heady use of metaphor - graceful poetry. Producer Ethan Allen offers listeners an opportunity to experience Erika Luckett's music unadorned, emotionally threadbare.

Is IS a very heavy thing to say that OMWH is emotionally threadbare. I think that qualifies as genuine respect.

I agree with you kf, to me in the context of the rest of the write up, I thought it was very positive

Quote:

Album Notes

The fourth studio album from Clay Aiken kicks off with the title track, an emotionally threadbare vocal showcase that was written in part by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. It's not hard to see the song, which details the emotions and experiences that shape us into the people we are at this moment, as an inspirational powerhouse that is destined to be played at every Homecoming dance or graduation ceremony from here to Calcutta. Sprinkled with electronic touches and upbeat pop, this is Aiken's most wide-reaching album to date. Of course his voice is main attraction, but the greater attention paid to addictive pop songwriting is just as impressive.

Thanks for transcribing the whole thing. The bolded part is unambiguously positive, and I don't see any "buts"; therefore I'll go with you and kf and take the whole thing as such.

Quote:

Album Notes

atinal... now that I have read the entire review, I agree with you and keeping. Emotionally threadbare is a good thing!

It IS a very heavy thing to say that OMWH is emotionally threadbare. I think that qualifies as genuine respect.

keeping... see above comment. I now agree with you, that is a very good review! Whooo hooo!

I'm so freaking happy about this CD that it's already blowing my mind and all I've heard is OMWH, LAA, and nine snippets. The snippets are supremely addictive, so I can't even ponder what the whole deal will do to me. I guess I'll be at his mercy.

Well, now you tell me... :cryingwlaughter:

I suffered thru waiting umpteen minutes for Clay's banner to show up after 87 Mariah banners, then I had to go thru the process and click that I agreed to the new terms, then go back and pre-order again. But, they told me I had pre-ordered it, so I'm trusting them! Not sure that is wise, them being itunes and all, but there ya' go.

too bad most people are illiterate and won't know they don't know the definition and won't look it up. It sounds insulting at the base, even though it translates well tothe musically knowledgible. Yes, I am a musical illiterate.

I suffered thru waiting umpteen minutes for Clay's banner to show up after 87 Mariah banners, then I had to go thru the process and click that I agreed to the new terms, then go back and pre-order again. But, they told me I had pre-ordered it, so I'm trusting them! Not sure that is wise, them being itunes and all, but there ya' go.

Liney, you can check it. Pull down the "Store" tab at the top left, and at the bottom click on View My Account. Under recent purchases your pre-order will be listed.

I wonder if "It's In Everyone Of Us" is the John Denver/Muppets song?

Liney, you can check it. Pull down the "Store" tab at the top left, and at the bottom click on View My Account. Under recent purchases your pre-order will be listed.

I hate to sound like a stickler, but shouldn't that be "Every One of Us"?????

We need some more pretty pictures on this page!!!

amazonvid-cap3.jpg

amazonvid-cap2.jpg

We need some more pretty pictures on this page!!!

amazonvid-cap3.jpg

amazonvid-cap2.jpg

I thought the same thing. If it's the John Denver/Muppets Christmas album song, it was written by David Pomeranz and that's what he named it!

And I DEFINITELY agree about the pretty pictures!!!!!

QUOTE(keepingfaith @ Apr 22 2008, 02:00 AM)

It's listed as It's In Every One Of Us on the John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together album according to this Internet resources page, but when I look at the track listings on the album, I don't see it there.

from Ms. Marm at the CH

Anti Music.com

Late Night Aiken

If you're a bit underwhelmed by the current crop of American Idols, an old favorite is returning to your television screen and you won't have to put up with Paula to watch. Which favorite is it? It's the guy who's fans sent over dozens emails to let us know that their hero was going to be back on TV. That's right, it's Clay Aiken and he's going on a late night TV blitz to promote his new album.

Claymates will make a run on record retailers on May 6th, when Aiken's new album, 'On My Way Here,' is released and the following week he'll make two late night appearances to promote it.

First up, he'll head over to Burbank to appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on May 12th and then he'll make an appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel Show on May 15th. We received conflicting information from the fans that wrote in about the Kimmel appearance. Some said Clay was performing and others said he wasn't. So we fired off an email to the show's publicist and she confirmed that "Clay Aiken is booked for an interview" only. The musical guest on that night will be Dierks Bentley.

well boo for no singing in Kimmel. I wonder why.

Youtube clip of It's in every one of us

too bad most people are illiterate and won't know they don't know the definition and won't look it up. It sounds insulting at the base, even though it translates well tothe musically knowledgible. Yes, I am a musical illiterate.

I find it interesting that so many jumped to the conclusion that this review was non-complimentary. Do you think maybe "we" (in the general sense) are so accustomed to criticism that we see it even when it doesn't exit? :cryingwlaughter: I was able to get through to the preorder page immediately when I clicked on Pop and then the banner ad was right there. The pre-order worked like a charm, ony asked me for my password. So........is it May 6th 3rd yet? (sorry, can't wish away my final Spam weekend!)

I love the look of the pre-order page and I think the write up is amazing. I admit to a moment of confusion over "emotionally threadbare" but in the context of the rest of the paragraph, I think it's pretty obviously a compliment. I love seeing him get respect over this album! And it's not even hit the shelves yet........

I pre-ordered by searching "On My Way Here." The first result was Clay Aiken and I clicked on that link and then got a list of all his CD's and OMWH was at the bottom. Clicked on the album cover and hit the preorder button. Yesterday when I tried to search that way ... it took me all the way to Clay's page but OMWH wasn't there yet.

The little search box is how I find just about everything on itunes. ;)

people.com

Cheek to Cheek

Clay Aiken stops by The Tyra Banks Show Monday to help the host celebrate her 500th episode at the show's New York studios. The singer, who's currently starring on Broadway in Spamalot, gave away tickets to the musical.

clay_aiken-2.jpg

It's also featured for now on people.com's home page, with the title "Clay Aiken gets Cheeky." BWAH!

I'm thinking the "homecoming,etc" line is saying OMWH will be heard so much it will become annoying (one could only hope), like the Seal(think) song, I Believe I Can Fly. Really. Every dadgummed end-of-year ceremony during my teaching years included that damned song!

I don't think I'd get tired of hearing Clay sing anything, but I almost wish we'd hear one of his on the radio so much that I'd get sick of it! :cryingwlaughter:

BTW, if you click on "Bio" on his iTunes OMWH page, you get this . . .

CAiTunesBio.jpg

In the Tyra picture, notice how he went in for the full body hug...hands clasped!! Clay, that will be an extra $100 for full body contact!

Well I pre-ordered that sucker!! I love the bonus song. It's been sung by some of my favourite people...Cliff Richard (yeah I'm old), Freddie Mercury (be still my heart), John Denver (aaahhh) and The Muppets (eee).

I cannot wait till Friday to see some more of my favourite people...the eHP and Clay! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE