#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Here you go Claygasm...

It is a radio promo copy

looks like 'razorsedge' sells quite a few...

...it is purdy...and it's already worth about 10 X more than any other for sale. LOL. Lets see what 2 more days does to that bid. Interesting way to supplement your income.

Wow. Look at that list of radio promos for sale. Look how higher the bids are for Clay's than all the others! BWAH!

He's like ELVIS! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm surprised that the radio cut is STILL 3:55 long---that's LONG! (heh)

Thanks for the link Paulette and laughn!

Not that I can afford to bid on it! :cry4:

And Paulette, I understand being distracted by the chicken. That's some heady - and apparently stinky - stuff there!! :cryingwlaughter:

Here you go Claygasm...

It is a radio promo copy

looks like 'razorsedge' sells quite a few...

...it is purdy...and it's already worth about 10 X more than any other for sale. LOL. Lets see what 2 more days does to that bid. Interesting way to supplement your income.

Wow. Look at that list of radio promos for sale. Look how higher the bids are for Clay's than all the others! BWAH!

He's like ELVIS! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm surprised that the radio cut is STILL 3:55 long---that's LONG! (heh)

That is long! I think it runs about 4:30 normally so they lopped off 30 seconds, but I wonder if its length will hamper it getting played?

And I wonder what was cut?

Ooooh, the promo CD is purdy!! Do you think they'd ship it to my address in Italy if I get the winning bid? If not, maybe I could get it shipped to my address in Greece.

:cryingwlaughter:

laljeterfan, congrats on winning the chicken, and on getting your pic with Clay! Way to go, girl! You both look happy and cute!

That's funny, cuz I was gonna post this link earlier, but I forgot to press Add Reply.

Heh.

I hope most of the donations are being handled at the show or mailed to Jerome, cuz this is pretty paltry for the ClayNation so far:

Spamalot Easter Bonnet Competition Donation Page - Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids

Checks can be made to Broadway Cares and sent to: Jerome Bell, Sam S. Shubert Theatre, 225 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036

laljeterfan... those pics and that story is so cool! Congrats on holding Clay's chicken! :lol:

Awesome idea going to the Easter Bonnet thing, couchie... and thanks for the NYC Pass link. Good idea!

Ooooo... pretty single CD case thingy! Oh God... I have all the others, should I bid on this too. I guess Italy is right out! Hee, Gibby.

If anyone happened to have an extra cast-autographed Playbill, or could pick me up one, I'd be tha-rilled and very grateful.

I just got back from the weekend in NYC 2½ hours ago...........

And I GOT MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH CLAY! :D

I went together with my friend Joy. Here is a bit of a recap about that experience.

I thought I had said to Joy earlier that even if it was $300 we should still do it and go halvsies! I think she was in the Aiken fog after the show and didn't remember that! I was in line and Joy was nowhere to be found. I heard Jerome say something about the groups having to go first and after a certain point it had to be all singles. I still didn't see Joy!! I got out of line and sent mr chach to go find her. (He was hoping I wouldn't do it if Joy wasn't there.) He was right but not for the reason he thought! I was thinking that I wasn't sure if I could stand going up to Clay all by myself. (I was already shaking at the prospect!) Finally I found Joy and waved at her frantically to come up and join me. She sort of looked like a deer caught in the headlights! I kept motioning to her to come up and saying "Joy, come up!" She was saying something about how they weren't taking any more groups, and I said that I thought they were (because they had just done one!) and I asked the woman helping and she said "sure!" so up we went!! I told Joy, "I've already got the credit card out!"

Clay had been shaking everyone's hands so I knew to expect that. But What I Didn't Expect was that I would be looking right into his face as he asked me "what's your name?" I managed to collect myself long enough to tell him my name.... and then he manhandled me over to his left! and then someone said Smile! and it was over.

What I remember......... a few things flashed thru my mind during the 17.2 seconds we were in close proximinty of The Aiken. (Not necessarily in this order )

First, he is very tall.

Second, he had on a lot of makeup.

3, his white tails outfit is very slippery.

4, I wished he wasn't going to bend over so much (he crouched down because I am so short!)

5, MY ARM IS AROUND HIS WAIST!!!

6, I wish I could kiss him on the cheek!

7, Clay says "That'll be $50 extra for the butt squeeze."

8, What is he saying to me about a butt squeeze?? Was I supposed to do one and make them an extra $50?????

9, did I stumble when he 'guided' me over to his left? (He was very forceful, I like that in a man!)

10, I looked at him as he was saying the butt squeeze part and noticed STUBBLE!!!

11, it was over way too fast.

12, they handed me a piece of paper and I stared at it, and recognised Clay's signature on it, but it didn't register that it was the cardbord frame with the Polaroid pic in it, because it was still blank!

13, MY ARM WAS AROUND HIS WAIST!

So I am not really sure why he thought I was squeezing his butt. It must have been me because Joy didn't put her arm around him! (WHY JOY????) I just remember feeling the slippery fabric and trying to find a comfortable place for my hand. Maybe since he was crouching down so far, my hand accidentally went below his waist. That is a slightly vague recollection. But as I mentioned earlier, it was only about 17.2 seconds.

so...... in review......... O.M.F.G. (repeat ad finitum)

:party038:

:clap: great pictures Laljeterfan!!! you looked great and so did he!!! too bad Rick was out that day.

Clay says "That'll be $50 extra for the butt squeeze."
:cryingwlaughter: was he serious???

nice recap trusty! thanks for sharing :F_05BL17blowkiss:

footloose, your avatar is mesmerizing...........

Love all the recaps and photos and everything!

Still no sign of the OMWH preorder on iTunes this morning. Guess I'll try again after work.

From butterflyshine at CV:

back from the matinee, and eeeee Bonnie/SCClayfan was the peasant, more on that later.

tix office doesn't open until noon on Sundays, who knew. So i was wwaiting in line talking a young lady named Heather,she had never done SRO before and was nervous about getting a tix. I told we should get in just fine...more about Heather later.

tidbits from Craig/tix dude..

Hannah injured her knee last week hurrying for a costume change backstage,it was dark and she didn't see the corner of something sticking out and ran right into it w/her knee. According to friends who were there last Saturday...this must have happened at Saturday's matinee...b/c she didn't descend the stairs for the duet with King Arthur after his solo of I Am All Alone....

pictures for yesterday's matinee took an hour. Clay did it alone b/c the other's wanted the break.

record execs will be at closing night.

Clay will continue pix until next Sunday, April 27, 2008

tidbits from today's show:

did the weight thing during the coconut scen e and the sing song anyways

also did a cute pointing his fingers during the exchange w/Rick

Rick was back yayness

used the triangle as shield

during Camelot he continues to be flirty & leechy

kick and shimmying

Jenny was LOTL

Clay tried to catch her glove--Brad caught it

seemed fascinated, but timid with the torch very cute

did lasso-like hands during find your grail

at the French castle, Clay grabbed his inner thigh to help him dismount

puffed up like a pea**** during minstrels song, too funny to watch him deflate

Knights of Ni sang rocky top Tennessee forever and ended it with dog like sounds--huge laughter

Clay's solo got huge reaction...aside for sro spots --it looked to be sold-out--great mix--loved Clay and the show

Tom was on fire kept doing this fish like--opening and shutting his mouth...and he is totally exasperating his father

Clay completely fascinated his pike and ribbons-it has become one of my favorite scenes...Brad just stands behind him with this what the hell kind of of expression...it is hysterical...and he continues to play with the ribbons until Lancelot comes charging in...Clay gets all startled

the blow me--below me joke got huge laughs-- Clay just acted like it was so silly

losing power\battery more later

OK back:

So at the end Clay did the Broadway Cares spiel and said that he felt like the charity was being mis understood, it is not just Aid/Hiv that it benfits, but many other health initiatives...

He said he really wanted to win b/c he doesn't like coming in second...said it wasn't about his ego, then he said well, maybe a little...said there were things at EBay you could purchase and you could find them by doing a search under raisealot...or by his name, if you know he who is...he said that the competition continues until next week...told the audience that if they go to see other shows this next week, don't give them a dime...then come back and give Spamalot the money...he was very funny and he did pics with Lancelot and Tom....a fair amount were done...

Ok back to Heather and Bonnie:

Bonnie had generously asked me to join her and her friends join them at lunch and I agreed. By the time Heather and I off got off the ticket line i had invited to her to join us. She agreed.

We had a lovely lunch with Bonnie, Ashley and Angie...they have had a great time enjoying their first trip to NYC, first, first Spam visit and first Broadway show...they have some cute stories to tell you...

Heather and I had been talking to ticket dude at intermisison b/c we wanted to know if there would be SRO for closing weekend, the answer is yes...so while we were talking Tee and her husband came up to the ticket window...we started to talk and continued to to talk back in the theater...all the sudden Heather is asking if i mind if she sits 4th row...i tell her no, that's fine...Tee's husband let her sit in his seat for the rest of the show. This was really important b/c Heather had to make a bus and very much wanted her picture with Clay. Because she was so close she was one of the first people to get their picture. She was so happy she came back to thank Tee, and told her she knew it as silly, but it had been a bad year...and this was a really special treat...and she started to cry....so thanks Tee and her husband, you did good...

Okay another really special moment...Bonnie was supposed to be in B102 ...she was crushed, she really wanted to be the peasant...when she sat down, the women in the peasant seat offered to change with her b/c she was last night peasant...so again a very nice "Clay" moment...Bonnie got to be peasant...and she couldn't have been any cuter...she got a handshake and her photo is adorable....after she went back into the audience Clay cheered her and gave her a little wave....

Clay and company were very well received. Clay so fits in on stage you would never guess that 4 months ago he had never done Broadway b/c now he owns the stage and (imo) has become a Broadway star...

Photos were $300.00 today...everyone got their picture taken and Clay even came out and did one more for someone...

That is long! I think it runs about 4:30 normally so they lopped off 30 seconds, but I wonder if its length will hamper it getting played?

And I wonder what was cut?

Actually, that's not as long as it seems -- anymore. I just ran a quick check of the top singles for sale on iTunes, and most of them ran between 3:30 and 4:30. The days of the 3:00 single are pretty much gone, IMO.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cha cha trusty! What a great recap of your evening! And his "that will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze" is priceless!

Good Morning Everyone,

I am officially on vacation; looking forward to the week off; kind of bittersweet because I keep thinking it would have been a perfect week to head to NYC to see Clay. I am sure if I had whined enough I could have talked hubby into a quick trip, but being sensible and with the wedding coming up, I know it is not feasible right now. Speaking of the wedding, we are heading out today to look at wedding dresses; looking forward to spending time with my daughters, we don't get to do that very often.

7 Days until Clay is on QVC!

10 Days until Clay is on VH1 Countdown!

13 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

15 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

21 Days until Clay is on Leno!

24 Days until The Climmel!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

What I remember......... a few things flashed thru my mind during the 17.2 seconds we were in close proximinty of The Aiken. (Not necessarily in this order )

First, he is very tall.

Second, he had on a lot of makeup.

3, his white tails outfit is very slippery.

4, I wished he wasn't going to bend over so much (he crouched down because I am so short!)

5, MY ARM IS AROUND HIS WAIST!!!

6, I wish I could kiss him on the cheek!

7, Clay says "That'll be $50 extra for the butt squeeze."

8, What is he saying to me about a butt squeeze?? Was I supposed to do one and make them an extra $50?????

9, did I stumble when he 'guided' me over to his left? (He was very forceful, I like that in a man!)

10, I looked at him as he was saying the butt squeeze part and noticed STUBBLE!!!

11, it was over way too fast.

12, they handed me a piece of paper and I stared at it, and recognised Clay's signature on it, but it didn't register that it was the cardbord frame with the Polaroid pic in it, because it was still blank!

13, MY ARM WAS AROUND HIS WAIST!

So I am not really sure why he thought I was squeezing his butt. It must have been me because Joy didn't put her arm around him! (WHY JOY????) I just remember feeling the slippery fabric and trying to find a comfortable place for my hand. Maybe since he was crouching down so far, my hand accidentally went below his waist. That is a slightly vague recollection. But as I mentioned earlier, it was only about 17.2 seconds.

so...... in review......... O.M.F.G. (repeat ad finitum)

BUTT SQUEEZE????????!!!!!! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: :naughtywag:

HAHAHAHAHAHA did he REALLY say that to you???? OMFG is right! I would have fallen over laughing!!!

That was your cue to tell him $100 extra for a kiss! He prolly woulda done it! :lmaosmiley-1:

It's not up yet, ansa. Maybe later today.

I've dealt with Itunes for many, many years and I have NEVER~ever~seen them update on a Monday.

I suspect RCA marketing either just grabbed the wrong date and it will be tomorrow; or they meant the WEEK OF April 21....and it will be tomorrow.

Either way....I think it'll be tomorrow! :lol:

I've dealt with Itunes for many, many years and I have NEVER~ever~seen them update on a Monday.

I suspect RCA marketing either just grabbed the wrong date and it will be tomorrow; or they meant the WEEK OF April 21....and it will be tomorrow.

From dudley at the CH:

Quick note: iTunes follows brick & mortar retailers in that it updates for the new week starting midnight EDT/EST on Tuesday, not on Monday. So I wouldn't expect the OMWH pre-order to become available until then.

So yeah, it looks as if the date may be a bit wonky.

I'm going to be patient with this, I think. I may wait until I get my "new music from iTunes" email that I get every week and click on the link that will surely be there. IMO, it might be better "marketing" than doing the search for Clay on iTunes and ordering that way.

From dudley at the CH:

Quick note: iTunes follows brick & mortar retailers in that it updates for the new week starting midnight EDT/EST on Tuesday, not on Monday. So I wouldn't expect the OMWH pre-order to become available until then.

So yeah, it looks as if the date may be a bit wonky.

I'm going to be patient with this, I think. I may wait until I get my "new music from iTunes" email that I get every week and click on the link that will surely be there. IMO, it might be better "marketing" than doing the search for Clay on iTunes and ordering that way.

Thanks for the info. Glad I didn't stay up last night to wait.

I hope most of the donations are being handled at the show or mailed to Jerome, cuz this is pretty paltry for the ClayNation so far:

Spamalot Easter Bonnet Competition Donation Page - Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids

Checks can be made to Broadway Cares and sent to: Jerome Bell, Sam S. Shubert Theatre, 225 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036

This one is more ambitious (though no more successful), but isn't specifically for the Easter Bonnet contest. Probably was intended to be though....

RAISEalot

and here's a group--this is what FCA could do/could've done:

Baltimore Claymates

But yeah, I'd like to think that these pages aren't a reflection of all the donations. The usual boards seem to be gathering funds to send all at once, so those wouldn't be included yet, and probably will never be included at any of these links. Barnett isn't doing her thing on all the boards for this either. Most importantly, a whole lot of people are contributing at the show--and some beeeeeg bucks too. Not to mention the eBay auction, which will be all Clay Nation as well. So I'd say we're doing alright.

Re: donations...people can only give so much...sometimes it seems everytime you turn around there is a plea for money, whether it be UNICEF, BAF, Broadway Cares, etc. I think the Clay fans do a wonderful job supporting Clay and his charities but not all fans can afford to donate. Clay is very lucky that he does have fans who have the money to bid on auctions; I am always amazed at the amount of money that is raised and while I wish I could do more, financially, it is just not possible for me and probably a lot of other fans.

I applaud the people who work so hard to ensure that Clay's charities are successful, but some times I am bit uncomfortable with the tactics that are used to soliticit funds (not talking about anybody here); there are some fans who use guilt as a motivator and that turns me off big time.

Kim

Heh, probably true. If it weren't for a fan contacting RCA marketing, we wouldn't even know about this until one of us gets an iTunes email or comes across it by accident. Sometimes I wish people would leave well enough alone and let things roll out the way they were meant to.

I think that Clay will do everything in his power to make sure Spamalot wins the Broadway Cares competition this year. I don't have the money to donate but the Clay Nation is definitely doing it's fair share!

It's a beautiful Monday morning here but I'm cranky. On the bright side, 12 more days till I head to NYC again!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, chach!!! How exciting for you! Heeeee, the 'butt squeeze' was funny.

aikim, thanks so much for posting your countdown over here. Wow, there's a lot of cool stuff coming up! These are exciting times in the Claynation. And I agree with you guilt isn't a good method to use to get people to donate. It's a personal, financial choice. So far it looks like Spamalot is doing quite well, thanks to Clay! I think he really enjoys doing charity work, and that he gets a lot of happiness and energy from it. He wouldn't want anyone to give out of guilt.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, chach!!! How exciting for you! Heeeee, the 'butt squeeze' was funny.

aikim, thanks so much for posting your countdown over here. Wow, there's a lot of cool stuff coming up! These are exciting times in the Claynation. And I agree with you guilt isn't a good method to use to get people to donate. It's a personal, financial choice. So far it looks like Spamalot is doing quite well, thanks to Clay! I think he really enjoys doing charity work, and that he gets a lot of happiness and energy from it. He wouldn't want anyone to give out of guilt.

I love posting the countdown, can't wait until I have more to add to it and I know there will be!

Kim