#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

I just found what is drawing me to The Real Me ... on the headphones ... the way he sings that word "within" ... :dead-1:

I hear ya.... because I know why Clay's AI performance of Unchained Melody is my favourite version.... it's the way he sings certain words, and most especially the word "darling'". It's been sung by zillions and The Righteous Brothers always owned that song until Clay came along, at least in my view. I still love the Righteous Brothers' version but just not the way I simply love Clay's.

When I click "Quick View" I get a message back that Windows Media player cannot find the file. I wonder if they have it set up but not turned on yet!!!

I love any word that Clay says where the letter L is the second letter in the word. He curls his tongue around it or something (whew!) He does have a unique accent that isn't just Southern.

Cue Paul Simon music...

I'm goin' to Graceland, Graceland, Graceland!

Heehh. I decided that since I have all this time here in Memphis while my group meets, I should mosey on over to The King's crib....

Beautiful day...why not?

Of course, I'd rather be touring Clayland, ifyouknowwhatimsayinandithinkyado! :hubbahubba: Yep, much rather be exploring Clay Aiken's personal real estate....and his own huge tract of land.... :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba::cryingwlaughter:

Later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

muski... yeah, I think we know what ya mean... :cryingwlaughter:

I have a sense of sadness when thinking about Elvis. He died way too young and in such a sad way. I didn't like him as a teenager cause what self-respecting 13 yr. old likes the same singer her mother swoons over??? :cryingwlaughter: I came to appreciate his talent later and Clay sure sings his stuff purdy. Have a great time and buy a tacky souvenir. LOL

That "Cowbell" youtube was funny! Thanks!

That Phillipine Daily Enquirer blurb is funny. Over there his "looking better" does explain his popularity. All of Asia, IMO. The AI5 bangs started the whole huge Japanese and Korean fan clubs.

I have a confession to make.

Remember that day when we all got a text message from boyfriend, asking him to call him for a message? Well, he used alternative keystrokes for me, and I had to call a supra-sekret number, where Clay asked me personally to play handbells on his latest album. He had read about my playing handbells on this board *waves at Clay* and asked me personally to do this for him. Yes, on the song "Something About Us," that's handbells, played by yours truly. Those days when I was saying that I was so busy at work? I lied. I was actually in NYC recording this part. (BTW, Kipper says to tell everyone at FCA "hello.")

He wanted me on that particular song because...well, I'm the second part of the "us" in the title. Yes. It's true.

couchie, maybe this should have been in the supra sekret thread here?

And I probably shouldn't be announcing this confession on my 10th anniversary weekend, eh?

Does this mean we need to start planning on throwing you a shower?

Nah. Just send the cash directly to me. My payal is desperateanddelusional @ yahoo dot com.

I'm not sure what this will be, but...

LaLate On My Way Here

Yesterday, LALATE NEWS first broke that the entire album by Clay Aiken “On My Way Here” has been allegedly officially released in snippets by cellphone company Vodaphone in Slovenia. The story, first picked up in the U.S. by LALATE NEWS, was broken by a member of an Aiken fan site messageboard, the Clayboard. Now today, those Vodaphone online snippets have spread across the net like wildfire.

Why? Because the songs are a-mazing!

Clay Aiken will be featured in tonight’s broadcast of the LALATE MINUTE.

I was imaging searching for cowbell.gif or even more_cowbell.gif and ended up finding a little mascot for our determined band of audio virgins:

notlistening.jpg

Precioussssss will be worth the wait..... Stay strong!!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I love any word that Clay says where the letter L is the second letter in the word. He curls his tongue around it or something (whew!) He does have a unique accent that isn't just Southern.

Oooooooooo this is almost me. I'm a bit more particular. One of the things that totally captured me the first time I ever saw Clay (Wild Card) was the was he said "close" in the phrase "close the door, and let me...." It's sort of "kuh-lose", and yes, there was tongue curling or furling or SOMETHING going on!!!

I ran it back on the handy Tivo rewind feature and watched that many, many times. Remember Zaprudering??? I think I uttered my very first "GAH" or maybe "GUH" watching and listening to him sing that word.

Yup! "CL" words. Still just knocks me out to this day. Hope there are many of them on the new CD.

I'm old skool, and seldom use iTunes except for Clay stuff. iTunes keep wanting to install updates, but they always crap out on me so I think I'm a version or so behind. Anyway, I thought I better make sure I could still download music okay, prior to pre-ordering OMWH on iTunes tomorrow. I chose to cheat on Clay a bit with David Cook from AI7 (waves to YSRN). How great would it have been to have been able to download full 3 - 4 minute studio recordings of Clay's songs from AI2? TPTB would have made a mint! I hope the current contestants are seeing a little of the cash from the sales of their songs on iTunes, but knowing 19ABCD et al, I wonder if the performers are getting more than a tiny fraction of the sales.

I'm old skool, and seldom use iTunes except for Clay stuff. iTunes keep wanting to install updates, but they always crap out on me so I think I'm a version or so behind. Anyway, I thought I better make sure I could still download music okay, prior to pre-ordering OMWH on iTunes tomorrow. I chose to cheat on Clay a bit with David Cook from AI7 (waves to YSRN). How great would it have been to have been able to download full 3 - 4 minute studio recordings of Clay's songs from AI2? TPTB would have made a mint! I hope the current contestants are seeing a little of the cash from the sales of their songs on iTunes, but knowing 19ABCD et al, I wonder if the performers are getting more than a tiny fraction of the sales.

Hee ...I've been cheating with Jason Castro...and one or two of David as well. I really wish they had this during AI2 cos the quality of the recording and productions are pretty good.

Yup...I got ready for the itunes pre order this week...can't wait!!!

After mowing my lawn over the last two days and realizing how out of shape I am I have come to conclusion that Clay is bad for your health! I spend too much of my free time here sitting in front of my computer!

Bad for my wallet. Bad for my health. But it just feels so gooooood to be bad!

Anyway - pre-order questions here.

Is there only one day to pre-order from iTunes or can you pre-order any time from tomorrow until May 6th?

How do pre-orders on iTunes work? Do you get a code or something you put in when you download exactly at midnight May 6th?

As to evil Walmart: Is this is physical CD with the bonus track on it or does it give you a download code to use like the K-Mart one did? The reason I ask is the K-Mart one didn't work on a Mac. Luckily a kind person sent me an mp3 of it, but especially since I detest Walmart, I certainly don't want to break my moral code for nothing!

I have to figure out where to spend my money where I get the most for my money!

Anyway - pre-order questions here.

Is there only one day to pre-order from iTunes or can you pre-order any time from tomorrow until May 6th?

Any time between tomorrow and May 6.

How do pre-orders on iTunes work? Do you get a code or something you put in when you download exactly at midnight May 6th?

You'll get an e-mail letting you know that your pre-order is ready. Click on the link in the e-mail, reenter your password, and download, and you will be charged at that time.

As to evil Walmart: Is this is physical CD with the bonus track on it or does it give you a download code to use like the K-Mart one did? The reason I ask is the K-Mart one didn't work on a Mac. Luckily a kind person sent me an mp3 of it, but especially since I detest Walmart, I certainly don't want to break my moral code for nothing!

Dunno. I don't think anyone knows yet.

I keep forgetting to post!....

I have about 10 copies of the colour Playbill...NOT the one with the CD ad in it. If there is someone that still needs one that is not going to Spamalot, I would be happy to mail it to you.

Please PM me with your mailing address.

I downloaded iTunes, I have an icon, I signed my life away and agreed to whatever was in the small print - and I can't get the damn thing to run. I was going to try to make a CD (ack - techincally challenged but I CAN follow directions) but................nothing! So now I'll have to ask my son to pre-order for me tomorrow and then d/l when it's available. Which means I"ll have to go throught the usual tittering and snickering. Tough noogies I say - I'll spend his inheritance any ol' way I want to! mooning.gif

From the iTunes help file:

To pre-order an item, click the Pre-order button next to the item. When the item is available for download, you receive an email notice. You are not charged for the item until you download it.

To download a pre-ordered item, click the link in the email notice or open iTunes and choose Store > Check for Purchases.

<snip>

When you pre-order an item, you may not be able to download it at the exact moment it becomes available for regular purchase. You'll receive an email the same day to let you know when you can download the item.

I'm not positive, but I think you place a pre-order any time in the window between tomorrow and May 5, 2008 for Clay's album.

The WalMart question is a good one, and I hope someone else has that answer. I'm thinking it may be a digital download as well, but cannot confirm.

Damn you jmh, you are fast! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sitting here biting my nails ; hubby is on vacation this week and the last two days has made several trips to Home Depot to get supplies for projects he wants to get done...so far, I have landscaping blocks sitting in the front of the house; drywall in my hallway for the utility room and he just came back with a new backdoor that is sitting in my frontroom...anyone want to take bets on how much of this he actually gets done this week?

Beautiful here in the Midwest, actually got some seeds planted in my garden today; carrots and onions.

Still not listening!

Kim

Sitting here biting my nails ; hubby is on vacation this week and the last two days has made several trips to Home Depot to get supplies for projects he wants to get done...so far, I have landscaping blocks sitting in the front of the house; drywall in my hallway for the utility room and he just came back with a new backdoor that is sitting in my frontroom...anyone want to take bets on how much of this he actually gets done this week?

Beautiful here in the Midwest, actually got some seeds planted in my garden today; carrots and onions.

Still not listening!

Kim

aikim... I'd say the back door and the landscaping (if the weather is purdy). I'm thinking you may have the drywall there for awhile... LOL

I am listening to OMWH several times a day from the various sites, especially AOL, but only listening to the Slovenian Snippets :cryingwlaughter: once a day. That's neat cause each time I do, I get totally excited to hear the whole thing in 2+ weeks.

If that On Demand thing comes up again like it did for ATDW with the whole songs with the gal interrupting, I'm not listening to that at all. It ruined finally getting the cd last time and I ain't doing that again.

When you pre-order an item, you may not be able to download it at the exact moment it becomes available for regular purchase. You'll receive an email the same day to let you know when you can download the item.

Eeep. I am not good at waiting where Clay is concerned.

To pre-order an item, click the Pre-order button next to the item. When the item is available for download, you receive an email notice. You are not charged for the item until you download it.

To download a pre-ordered item, click the link in the email notice or open iTunes and choose Store > Check for Purchases.

<snip>

I'm not positive, but I think you place a pre-order any time in the window between tomorrow and May 5, 2008 for Clay's album.

The WalMart question is a good one, and I hope someone else has that answer. I'm thinking it may be a digital download as well, but cannot confirm.

Damn you jmh, you are fast! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks Ldyj and jmh! The bolded part has me very upset though! What if I can't listen to it at midnight????

Maybe I should order from Sony. When I did for ATDW I got my CD early.

But then there is the Walmart question.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!

I'm paying a shipping fee with Walmart so I know I'll get a physical CD in the mail, but whether it's a special pressing with the bonus song, or if it will have an insert with a code, I don't know. I'm just thankful it's not at KMart!

I'm happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! (tm Not Dead Fred) I figured out how to launch my iTunes, I figured out how to create a playlist AND I figured out how to burn a CD! Now while some of you may think that should be easy....................it was a huge accomplishment for me. I managed a technical support unit with Bank of America for years but could barely spell I.B.M. I was very good at standing at the door and yelling "help!" though. WOO! HOO! Can't wait until midnight to do some serious pre-ordering!

Aikim.....is your hubby the kind that buys all the stuff and then looks at it for months??? Hope not.

Well, last week was full of exciting news....kind of makes you wonder what's in store for us NEXT WEEK!!!!

Saw this at CV. Apparently a radio station in Syracuse is featuring OMWH on its front page saying "Clay Aiken is Back!".

Y94FM Syracuse

Anyone know what format they are? Could this indicate that maybe he will really be supported to radio?

I asked ages ago, but I am curious, other than Walmart being the low lifes they are, why is the CD with the bonus track $5.00 more than the one without? Isn't that a bit unusual?