#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

I am ecstatic with the snippets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia. I love the eclectic feel to these songs. The lyrics are poignant..especially....get outta mah bed! I am so thrilled with what Clay, Jaymes and Kipper have put together here. I can't wait to get my hands on it. :hubbahubba:

I think OMWH is going to be PERFECT! It's the Clay Aiken that all America fell in love with singing contemporary songs that MEAN SOMETHING!!

After my first dozen listens, I think The Real Me is going to be my weakness. I know just from the mere seconds I've heard that it's going to be one of those songs that I repeat over and over about a hundred times before I can go on to the next one.

New link for whoever still needs it:

http://download.yousendit.com/E01AEA2F31A17E09

The Real Me is gonna be sad.

Something About Us sounds purdy! I love that one.

LAA sounds like it may have been re-recorded.

Falling sounds cool... this neverendingdream won't let me go...

EIDN is definitely the "that's Clay Aiken?" song

Hee, I like them all! I wish we had Grace of God too... cuz i'm greedy!

I can't get the Fido thing to play.

I am a bit surprised at myself. I really, really am - and I think this is being unpredictable! :P

I am a spoiler ho! I LOVE spoilers of TV shows. I have often read the end of a mystery before I get there. I jumped on every snippet for MOAM and ATDW. But.....

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO LISTEN TO THESE SNIPPETS!!!!!

For some reason I feel almost like a grown-up saying that, like I have crossed a threshold into maturity!

(Oh who am I kidding!! Maturity? Me? Hee!!!)

But seriously, I have NO desire to listen. It was ok for MOAM but it spoiled ATDW for me, mainly because I found myself passing judgement on the songs without really listening to the whole song and that colored my expectations of the album as a whole.

I don't want to do that this time - for better or worse.

So I will be strong. Besides, its only 2 weeks. I will probably have to hear more than I want at QVC, but that's different. I won't have a choice!

So when I can get the entire CD to listen too I will listen as fast as my little ears will let me!

But I will EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at everyone's EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing!!!

However, I am tempted to look at the pictures that darling merrieeee has deemed worse than the snowflake picture! :lol:

Now, I think I will need a dictionary to figure out all these acronyms!!! I suddenly feel like I am reading Slovenian! :lilredani:

Hey those in power around here - will we be having another FCA listening party sometime after the CD comes out??

ETA: Before I get myself going to mow the lawn on this gorgeous day....

Why did he/they choose OMWH for the first single - I think for three reasons - what Ldyj said about it being about the journey and because I think he LOVES it! And I think having the first single be the title track is a great way to remind people what the name of the album is! Is it radio friendly? I think it is on AC/Hot AC and I think frankly no matter what the song those would be the only formats where he could get radio play right now. IF it is successful on those formats maybe future singles would have a chance on other formats if the songs fit. Besides, why is it so important to be on Top 40? IMO, Clay will NEVER be Top 40 and that's ok.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I love MOST of the songs...a couple I think I need to hear more...and I still think LAA is one of the best tracks!!!

They didn't have Grace of God...I am curious about Clay's treatment of this song.

Where I Draw the line...One of my favorites, I like the melody

Weight of the World....LOVE LOVE the unusual melodic line...very memorable...I want to hear MOOOOORE

The Real Me....a bit typical for Clay...not loving it right away but its has potential

Something about Us..... this sounds tres romantic. I love his emphasis on US. like it very much

Sacrificial love...I like the haunting quality of the melody...LOVE

Falling...LOVE, nice hook and nice driving beat

Everything I don't need....has a very fun vibe, has potential, I like it for now need to hear more

As Long as Were Here.... I also really like this...like the strong beat need to hear MORE

Ashes...nice driving beat and interesting. not loving it yet...but I like it...

OMWH...LOVE

LAA...LOVE

Grace of GOd...liked the demo...

So far...I either love or really like all the tracks...so thats a huge YAY!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I think this will be a GREAT CD!!! Can't wait to hear the whole album

and so far we know of TWO bonus tracks that we don;t have yet...WINY and Forget I ever Knew You...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I hope Itunes and the music pass will he different and that will give us 4 more songs...16 in all.

People were asking about how the labels can try to adjust to new technology...I think the music pass is the new wave. When I went to walmart to buy my Itunes gift card I saw the music passes from all kinds of artist prominently displayed. I think they will soon replace the CDs. Of course the problem is...there are still a lot of people that do not have computers or that do not dl songs so unless there is a way they can have mp3 players that don't need a computer...the CDs will be around. BUT I can't wait to see Clay's Music pass out there. I think they should also have different versions with different bonus tracks with different pictures so people can collect them...or have mini music pass...less songs but cheaper and have different combinations.

About the QVC bonus tracks...I think its understandable to be disappointed that its not all new songs, what is significant is how people deal with this disappointment. If some fans are no longer interested in buying its really ok cos the target for this show is really not just the Clay fans. What frustrates me are people who then get angry and characterize this move to be something bad or unfair...but we have to be realistic about this, this is a business...each track is worth a lot for Clay and if they end up bundling 5 new tracks for just a bit more, they will be devaluing these tracks. I can really see that having 3 tracks from MOAM and one new track and a video is a reasonable extra. We really cannot be greedy. Since the QVC is not a usual outlet for Clay a lot of people may not have MOAM and getting these three samples is another way of promoting MOAM to a new audience.

About the possility of no performance on Kimmel...At this point, they probably have to get the dates that are available at the closest time to the release. There are a lot of other artist that are promoting their product so its possible they just didn't have the slot available for Clay. We have to remember that the CD release is not the only opportunity for promo. The goal is for this CD to have legs. If clay cannot perform this time...maybe he can do the next single on Kimmel. If Clay is going to do some UNICEF later this Summer I can see another opportunity for promotion and another hour with Tyra for the next season.

Iseeme...why are you worried about Groban? They are not competing for sales cos its two different products. They are also in very different genre and not quite the same audience although there can be overlaps.

The internet actually gives musicians a lot of opportunity to market their music directly to the consumer. I know Brooke White from AI7 didn;t get a recording contract before but she has a myspace where she has her original music and she even has a video on it that she probably financed herself. Jenna is right...lots of musicians can find an audience but maybe making a huge fortune and big music superstars are now goign to be rare. What artists can hope for is getting people to buy tickets to their shows and buying merchandise.

About the possility of no performance on Kimmel...At this point, they probably have to get the dates that are available at the closest time to the release. There are a lot of other artist that are promoting their product so its possible they just didn't have the slot available for Clay. We have to remember that the CD release is not the only opportunity for promo. The goal is for this CD to have legs. If clay cannot perform this time...maybe he can do the next single on Kimmel. If Clay is going to do some UNICEF later this Summer I can see another opportunity for promotion and another hour with Tyra for the next season.

Yeah, but, won't people watching wonder why he is promoting a CD without performing? And with Kimmel the thing that worries me is he has been on more times not performing than he has performing. Kimmel's audience may forget he IS a singer and here he is again not singing, only this time he is theoretically promoting a CD.

That just strikes me as very odd - and very stupid. What sells a CD is the music and Kimmel is a great outlet for NJUs to hear something from the CD. I would rather he had not been on Kimmel until he could perform. It just seems like such a waste.

I think maybe some people are jumping the gun on the Kimmel thing.......we had info at first that he was a musical guest as well as a panelist..........just because the Iota site says something different, doesn't mean he isnt' singing necessarily, could just mean that the Iota site isn't up to date. I'd be surprised if he isn't singing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CG!!!! Listening Party!!!

For sure!!! Maybe first weekend after the CD comes out!!!

I also suggest we have our own on line CD release party...just chat and EEEEEEEEEEEEe together once we can start downloading that baby!!!!

I just have to warn people that we have to expect different reactions...if some poeple don;t like it...I don;t want those FCAers to feel they cannot say so...so we have to remember to be open to different opinions and just agree to disagree if that happens.

So we will organize this and hope we can get a lot of people participating...we will announce particulars when we have it set up.

I will probably have to hear more than I want at QVC, but that's different. I won't have a choice!

Poor thing. <_<

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm just looking forward to all the Clay tv appearances and PRAY :praying: that his hair looks like it does in the OMWH studio video. :praying:

Yeah, but, won't people watching wonder why he is promoting a CD without performing? And with Kimmel the thing that worries me is he has been on more times not performing than he has performing. Kimmel's audience may forget he IS a singer and here he is again not singing, only this time he is theoretically promoting a CD.

That just strikes me as very odd - and very stupid. What sells a CD is the music and Kimmel is a great outlet for NJUs to hear something from the CD. I would rather he had not been on Kimmel until he could perform. It just seems like such a waste.

Luckiest has a point...we really don't know if its performance or not. Maybe its still under negotiations. BUT I totally disagree about waiting till he can perform. Clay will always clayvert some people when he makes a TV appearance whether he is singing or not. This is also not just for people who do not already like Clay. There are a lot of people that bought MOAM that would be very interested in his CD if only they KNOW about it. SO I say any appearance is better than nothing.

I think maybe some people are jumping the gun on the Kimmel thing.......we had info at first that he was a musical guest as well as a panelist..........just because the Iota site says something different, doesn't mean he isnt' singing necessarily, could just mean that the Iota site isn't up to date. I'd be surprised if he isn't singing.

I've having deja vu on the "will he or won't he" thing. When in doubt, I run with logic, therefore, "he will."

Not that I wouldn't just as soon see it be the video of sexy loveliness, but if he really didn't like it and felt uncomfortable with it, why would he choose to release it now?

CG... cause he no longer feels as uncomfortable about it and knows a lot of his fans loved/love it. IMO, he is a lot more at ease with his own sexiness and being a sex object than he was when he did that video. When he did that video he was wearing the WWJD bracelet and vowing not to cuss and to maintain certain values. This man has now cussed, mildly, and said "balls" in front of a teenage girl, etc. He still has wonderful values, but isn't as narrow in them as he was when the video was made originally. He has let his bawdy sense of humor come out and play in public and while he still may not love the video, he may not mind it as much or feel it unappropriate to his image as he obviously did then. JMHO

Course we don't know which video it is, so Speculation R Us. :cryingwlaughter:

Word to all that. It’s been a long time since he supposedly killed that video. He has been pooping his pants, saying shit, looking even more sexy with a pair of coconuts and looking up girls skirts for 8 shows a week since January. Baby has come a long way. The only reason I can think that he might not release it now is because he looks NOTHING like that any more. I do think it will be a different video, but I think that from the age of 24 to the age of almost 30 a whole lot of changing and growing happens. No one is stagnant. And I think, either way, it has nothing to do with whether he thinks he’s sexy now or not. Nothing is ever that simple with human beings.

ETA: finished listening to the samples. OMG i'm in tears now. I fucking love this album...and I never really love any of Clay's albums (save MCWL) before this. There're four-five songs that I really, really, REALLY look forward to listening to and that's a rare case. It makes me sad that he chooses OMWH as the first single cos there're many other songs that I think are much more radio-friendly and much appealing to the NJUs. Let's hope that a lot of non-fans get to hear these samples...and not just in a Slovenian site!!!

I have to agree with all that!! Love, love, love…..I also agree that I don’t quite get why OMWH is the first single (but I say that almost every time). I don’t really care about the radio or ESPECIALLY the NJUs :::shudder::: but I do agree that there are better songs for a single than that one, even though I’ve come to really like it. My theory, I guess, is that they are thinking they will get a big first week no matter what, so they are saving an up-tempo song for a bit later to extend the sales.

Forget I Ever Knew You?? Hell, the very name of that song makes me think it will be great. <g>

Iseeme -- twist it on its ear a bit.

People flock in to the stores to pick up the Groban DVD. "Ooooo, there's a new CD from Clay Aiken. I like him. Must.buy."

How's that?

Very accurate, IMO. Not only that, but the sale price for the DVD is $21.99 – that ‘s more than 10 buck more than the normal CD. Combine that with the fact that it’s a live DVD and I’m so not worried about this. Will it even chart on the same charts as Clay, since it’s a DVD/CD combo???

Dudes, any appearance is better than none. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Don't jump the gun (imagine that!).

Alrighty, I've officially given up on catching up! :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, don't ask me what I'm doing up at this hour! If I told you I'd have to kill you. ;)

From CH:

Posted by "Guest" in the Public Access Forum:

Saw this on the CB. Cute voicemail they played that Clay left on Faye's cell phone toward the end of the interview.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/26472/1h/...riday/FRI14.mp3

It's primarily an interview with Faye about the BAF 'Dancing Like the Stars' event but they play Faye's answering machine message that Clay recorded. Could one of you tech wizards rip just Clay's message from the end of the interview?

I put both mp3 and wav file of only the recording of Clay from Faye's interview on my 4shared.

Thanks so much for that 4shared! I WANTED this for my Zen!

I think I must be the only one in the fandom who is not listening to the snippets, LOL!

Kim

Oh no you ain't, honey! :lol: But I think the difference is....I might now be the only one!

Please, please, is there another snippet compilation available? The one linked upthread is all used up. Like I'm surprised!

Why won't Fido work for me? It says "connecting to media" but never does!

Because the entire population of ten nations is ALSO trying to listen? :shrug: At the same time? :cryingwlaughter:

I am a bit surprised at myself. I really, really am - and I think this is being unpredictable! :P

I am a spoiler ho! I LOVE spoilers of TV shows. I have often read the end of a mystery before I get there. I jumped on every snippet for MOAM and ATDW. But.....

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO LISTEN TO THESE SNIPPETS!!!!!

For some reason I feel almost like a grown-up saying that, like I have crossed a threshold into maturity!

(Oh who am I kidding!! Maturity? Me? Hee!!!)

But seriously, I have NO desire to listen. It was ok for MOAM but it spoiled ATDW for me, mainly because I found myself passing judgement on the songs without really listening to the whole song and that colored my expectations of the album as a whole.

I don't want to do that this time - for better or worse.

So I will be strong. Besides, its only 2 weeks. I will probably have to hear more than I want at QVC, but that's different. I won't have a choice!

So when I can get the entire CD to listen too I will listen as fast as my little ears will let me!

But I will EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at everyone's EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing!!!

However, I am tempted to look at the pictures that darling merrieeee has deemed worse than the snowflake picture! :lol:

Now, I think I will need a dictionary to figure out all these acronyms!!! I suddenly feel like I am reading Slovenian! :lilredani:

Hey those in power around here - will we be having another FCA listening party sometime after the CD comes out??

Oh, Dear God, I'm doomed! I find myself agreeing with CG! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: KIDDING!! (but not about the agreeing)

ETA: It's more special to wait.

I can do this.

I can.

I can so.

Oh about the first single...I do remember that I read somewhere the usual practice is not to start off with the strongest track...not sure where I read that but it really makes sense cos as you said the CD release will always get the fans buying the cd so they can reserve the best and surprising tracks for the subsequent singles and give the CD some legs.

I do think Ryan Tedders name might get OMWH more chances on AC radio right now so that may be the reason for their choice.

OH GAH I love Sacrificial love...I am listening to the snippets on repeat and I am falling more and more in love...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This won't be boring at all cos the songs sound different yet there is a coherence to the whole CD.

CAN"T WAIT FOR MAY 6.

midnight MAY 5...I will download. Then I will listen...with my ear phones...give it another listen then react...so dont expect to hear from me expect EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs untl maybe 12:45 am...hee

Oh, Dear God, I'm doomed! I find myself agreeing with CG! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: KIDDING!! (but not about the agreeing)

HAH! Next thing you know you'll be nodding your head in agreement with EVERYTHING I say! :cryingwlaughter:

Still haven't listened by the way.....

As to other tracks maybe being better choices for the first single - how can you tell from short snippets??? I remember with MOAM loving songs from the snippets that I didn't like at all when I heard the whole song - and vice versa. And why does a single have to be uptempo for radio play? There have been MANY ballads far slower that OMWH that have been big radio hits.

Besides, I think its smart for the first single to be something very much Clay Aiken. Its IS him after all! Just a better Clay Aiken than they might remember, which I think OMWH is. Then once he is back on people's radar he can show them he is not a one trick pony!

This of course assumes he actually gets any radio play.....

YAY to the CD Listening party and I think its a great idea about the online CD release party! Of course, how I am going to get up the next morning for work, I have no idea!

HAH! Next thing you know you'll be nodding your head in agreement with EVERYTHING I say! :cryingwlaughter:

Still haven't listened by the way.....

As to other tracks maybe being better choices for the first single - how can you tell from short snippets??? I remember with MOAM loving songs from the snippets that I didn't like at all when I heard the whole song - and vice versa. And why does a single have to be uptempo for radio play? There have been MANY ballads far slower that OMWH that have been big radio hits.

Besides, I think its smart for the first single to be something very much Clay Aiken. Its IS him after all! Just a better Clay Aiken than they might remember, which I think OMWH is. Then once he is back on people's radar he can show them he is not a one trick pony!

This of course assumes he actually gets any radio play.....

YAY to the CD Listening party and I think its a great idea about the online CD release party! Of course, how I am going to get up the next morning for work, I have no idea!

...nodding head....

Re my bolding: Someone over at CV this morning mentioned they had heard an advertisement for OMWH....ON THE RADIO!! PAID FOR!!!

I surprised myself at that point by bursting into tears....I didn't know that was in me! :imgtongue:

I don't remember where it was, but a large market I do recall....don't have time to look for it, sorry!

Please, please, is there another snippet compilation available?[b] The one linked upthread is all used up. Like I'm surprised!

Why won't Fido work for me? It says "connecting to media" but never does!

Yeah what keepingfaith said...... anyone?

The concerts for this music will kill us. Rocking out Clay. Dancing, bumping, humping and jumping around. OK, I'm going to go sit in the corner now.

Than he will sooth our souls with "Lover All Alone" and the others that will certainly take us to another place.

Kipper and Jaymes promised and it sounds like they're going to deliver.

OMG!! What a fabulous treat to wake up to!!!! With ATDW, I only heard the snippet for WY in advance, but this time I drew the line at not listening to anyone else's versions.

Thanks so much to all who have provided the snippets. I love them all. Truly something for everyone, but they all tell different facets of the same story.

I am forever indebted to Kipper and also to Jaymes and Clay for their search to find him. It has a wonderful integrated sound. This is the thing I love the most about the snippets:

If I close my eyes, I am in a third-row center seat in a concert hall/arena somewhere, and Clay Aiken is right in front of me, singing just to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! And a few thousand of my closest friends.

That's Clay's voice!!!! His real voice!!! The one I've been privileged to hear in person so many times. Although the instruments and and production are different and beautifully blended in all of the snippets, first and foremost, front and center, is Clay's voice. For the first time ever in a recording (to my ear) THAT's Clay Aiken!!!! Clean, clear, pure, gorgeous tones singing from his heart.

I'm so grateful for this album I'm teary. Thank you Kipper!!! Thank you James!!! Thank you Clay for hanging in there and doing whatever needed to be done to make this album a reality. I'll even thank RCA for letting it happen.

I'M HAPPY!!!!!!

Permaswooned - of all the happy, happy, joy, joy posts I have read so far, your is the one that is making it the hardest for me to stick to my resolve about not listening!!

I think I am going to get outside and mow my lawn before I find myself clicking and listening!!!!!

OMG!! What a fabulous treat to wake up to!!!! With ATDW, I only heard the snippet for WY in advance, but this time I drew the line at not listening to anyone else's versions.

Thanks so much to all who have provided the snippets. I love them all. Truly something for everyone, but they all tell different facets of the same story.

I am forever indebted to Kipper and also to Jaymes and Clay for their search to find him. It has a wonderful integrated sound. This is the thing I love the most about the snippets:

If I close my eyes, I am in a third-row center seat in a concert hall/arena somewhere, and Clay Aiken is right in front of me, singing just to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! And a few thousand of my closest friends.

That's Clay's voice!!!! His real voice!!! The one I've been privileged to hear in person so many times. Although the instruments and and production are different and beautifully blended in all of the snippets, first and foremost, front and center, is Clay's voice. For the first time ever in a recording (to my ear) THAT's Clay Aiken!!!! Clean, clear, pure, gorgeous tones singing from his heart.

I'm so grateful for this album I'm teary. Thank you Kipper!!! Thank you James!!! Thank you Clay for hanging in there and doing whatever needed to be done to make this album a reality. I'll even thank RCA for letting it happen.

I'M HAPPY!!!!!!

PermaSwooned, YES! It is the Real Clay Aiken! I LOVE Kipper and Jaymes right now and they both get a great bit sloppy :F_05BL17blowkiss: from me.

Now, Claygasm, I don't want to be a bad peer-pressure influence or anything like that (she said sheepishly), but my counsel would be to take your spanx off woman and jump in. I guarantee that all you'll feel is elation. Maybe listening to the snips of ATDW was different because everyone was familiar with the covers already. Just hearing the different styles and genres in these snips only pushes my anticipation quotient into the stratosphere. I've never understood self-deprivation. But, then again, maybe that's because I've never tried it. :cryingwlaughter:

But just from those tiny snips, I know -- yeah, for a fact -- that this album is The One. Kipper is one great producer to have captured The Real Voice with such brilliance!

ETA: Regarding the question of whether to release the strongest song as the first single -- I swear that from what I've heard, every one of those songs could be a single.

Sorry kf -- but I like self-depravation! I've listened to the clips once, and I really enjoyed them tremendously. But....I see this is a good appetizer. Something that will make me want more....in good time. I think delayed gratification makes the reward all that much more sweet.

So, CG....do what you want. I'm done with the clips for now, so I'll be behind you if you decide to not cave!

I think that's the main reason OMWH is the first single. Because it's tied to red-hot-right-now Ryan Tedder.

They even made sure we knew in the video that Ryan Tedder wrote the song by showing the lyrics.

I think we'll see many, many (subtle, and not so subtle) references to Ryan Tedder along the way.

I love Something About Us. It's not uptempo or anything, just smooth and jazzy sounding. Ya'll can have LAA, I'm SAU's beyotch!

flirtyeyess3.gif

Can't wait for this CD. I think I love it all. And I agree...every one of these songs could stand on it's own. May we have multiple singles. Amen.