#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Sorry kf -- but I like self-depravation! I've listened to the clips once, and I really enjoyed them tremendously. But....I see this is a good appetizer. Something that will make me want more....in good time. I think delayed gratification makes the reward all that much more sweet.

So, CG....do what you want. I'm done with the clips for now, so I'll be behind you if you decide to not cave!

For me, it's already more sweet than I could have imagined. I think I need the gradual lead-in so I wouldn't completely pass out hearing it all on release day. I could swoon myself into a faint and miss the whole thing. I have to be proactive about this!

I loved Rewind today -- the Extra show before the Final Two, which I never saw before. Clay was so CUTE

and he sang DLTSGDOM like an angel.

QUOTE(starhorse @ Apr 19 2008, 03:17 PM) *

Posted by makinaiken1 at the CH

I just got a message, don't know the validity of it yet, but they say that Clay's cd will be on VH1'S TOP 20 COUNTDOWN'S ON MAY 1ST!!!!!

DOES THIS MEAN HE MADE A VIDEO???????????????

LORD, SAVE ME NOW.

Again, just a message, did anyone else hear it????????????

sadly, I have no idea what the VHl Top 20 Countdown is. giggle.gif

ETA: Regarding the question of whether to release the strongest song as the first single -- I swear that from what I've heard, every one of those songs could be a single.

Woo hoo!!! My Clay friend and I were out doing job fairs all morning, and then we had a leisurely lunch and talked Clay--and all this time there were snippets awaiting!! Good thing I didn't go on line before I left, or I would never have gone. Downloaded those babies the moment I got home, and I have been squeeeing ever since. What a fabulous album--so much variety, so many great songs!!

ETA: Regarding the question of whether to release the strongest song as the first single -- I swear that from what I've heard, every one of those songs could be a single.

I gotta agree with this 100%!!!!!!1

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CG!!!! Listening Party!!!

For sure!!! Maybe first weekend after the CD comes out!!!

I also suggest we have our own on line CD release party...just chat and EEEEEEEEEEEEe together once we can start downloading that baby!!!!

I just have to warn people that we have to expect different reactions...if some poeple don;t like it...I don;t want those FCAers to feel they cannot say so...so we have to remember to be open to different opinions and just agree to disagree if that happens.

So we will organize this and hope we can get a lot of people participating...we will announce particulars when we have it set up.

YAY! An FCA CD release party. How cool is that? I was just thinking that I felt a little sad that I'm not doing a party, only because I wanted people to eeeeee with over the album. An FCA party suits me to a "T". Wonder if we can get a goody package from the RCA rep for our FCA party. :imgtongue:

Intermission Report

Tiggy just called. Anthony Holds is still in for Rick and Emily Hsu is in for Hannah.

She said the cast is so "on" and the audience is just "electric". Clay is so on he is "bouncing"!

The theater is packed, lots of Clayfans and Python fans. She has a man near her who knows every line!

There is a Dad with his little boy (about 5 yr. old)...big Python fans, loving every minute.

Clay is getting huge cheers and laughter. Could hardly hear "Idol" line because of all the cheering and applause.

He did his sing-song line in the guard tower.His expressions are "magnified" today.

Waaay down low looking up girls skirt.

He is constantly talking, she said he "never stops running his mouth"! (wouldn't you just love to hear what all he is saying?!?!)

When TLOTL was singing "Find Your Grail", he said "OK" and was shaking his head so hard his cheeks shook! (I love those wobbly cheeks!!!)

In the slomo scene, he was leaning waaaay back and got down so low his butt almost touched the stage.

During "Run away" one of the CanCan dancers kept pulling on his tunic, then held on to it and pulled him backwards!

That's it for now...she'll call back after Act3...umm...2!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I had a ton of stuff to get done this morning, and all along I kept thinking that something big was probably happening in the Clay world. And I was right! I finally found a place to download all of the snippets - the sendspace links were all used up, for some reason. :P

And now I can EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE with all of you! I probably won't listen to the snippets overly much, cuz like others have said, it kind of dampens the excitement when you actually get the CD. But how exciting to hear the snippets, and to find that there's lots of variety on the album! Different tempos, different moods, different kinds of instrumentation, and different kinds of singing from Clay. And yet, it's all so very CLAY. His concept, his ideas, his singing. I think this the album that will reflect who he is the most. And I'm so very happy for him, and excited for us to get all of this music!

I do hope that a few of the more uptempo songs are pushed to radio. Yeah, Clay said that radio play isn't his first priority, but it would help to give the album legs if at least one of the songs became a radio hit. I do think it's VERY cool that Clay is also being marketed to people that get their music from the internet, too. That will also drive sales!

But regardless of radio play or sales, we will have a New!Clay!Songs! to LOVE. I'm so very pleased!

Now, Claygasm, I don't want to be a bad peer-pressure influence or anything like that (she said sheepishly), but my counsel would be to take your spanx off woman and jump in. I guarantee that all you'll feel is elation. Maybe listening to the snips of ATDW was different because everyone was familiar with the covers already. Just hearing the different styles and genres in these snips only pushes my anticipation quotient into the stratosphere. I've never understood self-deprivation. But, then again, maybe that's because I've never tried it. :cryingwlaughter:

But just from those tiny snips, I know -- yeah, for a fact -- that this album is The One. Kipper is one great producer to have captured The Real Voice with such brilliance!

You're a very, very bad influence kf!

But I WILL be strong. For now anyway.....

Sorry kf -- but I like self-depravation! I've listened to the clips once, and I really enjoyed them tremendously. But....I see this is a good appetizer. Something that will make me want more....in good time. I think delayed gratification makes the reward all that much more sweet.

So, CG....do what you want. I'm done with the clips for now, so I'll be behind you if you decide to not cave!

Thanks my friend! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think that's the main reason OMWH is the first single. Because it's tied to red-hot-right-now Ryan Tedder.

They even made sure we knew in the video that Ryan Tedder wrote the song by showing the lyrics.

I think we'll see many, many (subtle, and not so subtle) references to Ryan Tedder along the way.

I love Something About Us. It's not uptempo or anything, just smooth and jazzy sounding. Ya'll can have LAA, I'm SAU's beyotch!

flirtyeyess3.gif

Can't wait for this CD. I think I love it all. And I agree...every one of these songs could stand on it's own. May we have multiple singles. Amen.

**Whimpers** I have always dreamed of jazzy Clay!!!!!

I will be strong. I will be strong. I will be strong.

Wasn't SAU the one Clay said may be his favorite?

Is the banner half solid gray for anyone else????

ETA: Not that I am going to listen but are the "Canadian" snippets and the "Slovenian" snippets the same snippets??

Wasn't SAU the one Clay said may be his favorite?

Is the banner half solid gray for anyone else????

ETA: Not that I am going to listen but are the "Canadian" snippets and the "Slovenian" snippets the same snippets??

YES... he said in the USA Weekend blog interview (heh, the "cranky" one - Hee!), "He was reluctant to pick a favorite or signature song from this album but eventually said the song Something About Us could be it."

Squee. Thanks for remembering that.

Yes, mostly the snips/ringtones are the same, except the EIDN has an extra little part to it. luckiest1 posted which part that was upthread a bit.

I must say, I am tha-rilled that there are some "rockin'" songs on the CD. I know people get confused and think people like me mean Top40 when we say that, but I sure don't - never have. I just want something he/I can jump around to, an uptempo beat to it. That's all I've ever meant by it. And I think most people who say "rockin'" songs mean the same thing. A BFM or Invisible vibe, vs. a LAA vibe. I'm thrilled we/he gets a mix of tempos, and lookie me, already liking the sloooowwww one. :lol:

YSRN...ITA. But somehow I was pretty sure we were going to get a mix of tempo.

I know I may be doing a very bad thing listening to these snippets on repeat but really...they are very short and there is so much of the songs still to discover. What I love about it is the variety of moods and tempo. At one point I am bopping then it goes slow that you need to listen to the lyrics...then you get one that has a haunting quality then there is Clay belting....then he is going all soft and vulnerable...its fantastic!!!

There is one part that makes me think of Sweeney Todd...I think its Sacrificial Love...that is becoming one of my favorite.

I must say, I am tha-rilled that there are some "rockin'" songs on the CD. I know people get confused and think people like me mean Top40 when we say that, but I sure don't - never have. I just want something he/I can jump around to, an uptempo beat to it. That's all I've ever meant by it. And I think most people who say "rockin'" songs mean the same thing. A BFM or Invisible vibe, vs. a LAA vibe. I'm thrilled we/he gets a mix of tempos, and lookie me, already liking the sloooowwww one. :lol:

YSRN, first, thanks for making sure that folks that came to the snippet party a little late had links to where they could download them. I agree with what you said here, but especially the bolded part. I love ATDW, but I think it could have used some changes in tempo. I've read posts where people have longed for a CD that they could roll their windows down or put the top down on the car and crank up the volume. I think this is a a CD like that. :nana: EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy, y'all! I love seeing all the EEEEEEEEEE's on the page! Not listening to the snippets (can't believe how easy it has been to remain unspoiled. I guess when I'm determined, I'm determined, eh?) But I would love for someone to satisfy my curiosity to know whether there are any songs with drums and guitars. Now, from the Amazon video (which I watched, but did not listen to), it appears there are both guitars and drums for the first single, OMWH...but some people were complaining about violins, too. So, do any of the songs sound like he will be touring with a more "band" format this time around? That's my favorite Concert!Clay!, I think, the one who got to bite his lip, put his fist in the air, shake the mic, and then cut off the band with a swoop of his arm. :)

Glad to see so much excitement. Really, really glad.

I'm not listening either.

I remember listening to the MOAM snippets and having different reactions when I heard the songs in their entirety.

So - I think I can wait - what is it - 20 days? 19?

I'll have to go back and look at Kim's countdown!

I'm so looking forward to holding this album in my hot little hands and listening to that HAWT man sing to me!

:)

Still wishing I could do a SPAM repeat! So happy I got to see him do this!

Howdy, y'all! I love seeing all the EEEEEEEEEE's on the page! Not listening to the snippets (can't believe how easy it has been to remain unspoiled. I guess when I'm determined, I'm determined, eh?) But I would love for someone to satisfy my curiosity to know whether there are any songs with drums and guitars. Now, from the Amazon video (which I watched, but did not listen to), it appears there are both guitars and drums for the first single, OMWH...but some people were complaining about violins, too. So, do any of the songs sound like he will be touring with a more "band" format this time around? That's my favorite Concert!Clay!, I think, the one who got to bite his lip, put his fist in the air, shake the mic, and then cut off the band with a swoop of his arm. :)

I really think that telling you what is actually on the snippets would be considered spoiling too! Why don't you cave like the rest of us weaklings????? :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :cryingwlaughter:

Hmmm next weekend should turn out to be pretty interesting....you never know who might turn her laptop up full volume in the middle of he night, just to listen to some music. Oops, how did those snippets get there on the play list! Hee! Hee! :whistling-1::whistling-1:

merrieeee

I really think that telling you what is actually on the snippets would be considered spoiling too! Why don't you cave like the rest of us weaklings????? :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :cryingwlaughter:

Hmmm next weekend should turn out to be pretty interesting....you never know who might turn her laptop up full volume in the middle of he night, just to listen to some music. Oops, how did those snippets get there on the play list! Hee! Hee! :whistling-1::whistling-1:

Plbbbtttt!!!

Perhaps you're right. I can deal. :)

bottlecap, BWAHAAA!!!

My favorite comment so far? On the CH, poshpenny wrote "OMG I'm not gonna hate this album!!!! I'm so excited!" For some reason, that made my eyes sting a little. :)

I know I may be doing a very bad thing listening to these snippets on repeat but really...they are very short and there is so much of the songs still to discover. What I love about it is the variety of moods and tempo. At one point I am bopping then it goes slow that you need to listen to the lyrics...then you get one that has a haunting quality then there is Clay belting....then he is going all soft and vulnerable...its fantastic!!!

There is one part that makes me think of Sweeney Todd...I think its Sacrificial Love...that is becoming one of my favorite.

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I can hardly WAIT!!

But I'm gunna! :cryingwlaughter:

It sounds just awesome!

I'm having a good time just listening to youse guys eeeeeeee!

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I can hardly WAIT!!

But I'm gunna! :cryingwlaughter:

It sounds just awesome!

I'm having a good time just listening to youse guys eeeeeeee!

I am not listening either!

Kim

Oh he will definitely need a band for this. Pretty much like the set up he hd for ATDW promo when he was doing ATD. He had the band and a small string quartet. It really is pretty varied...oops maybe I should listen again to make sure...hee

lots of piano, drums, strings, acoustic guitar, electric guitar...yup band will be needed...

BWAH bottle...hee

So, who wants to tell 00lsee about the heavy use of accordions 'n bagpipes in the snippets? :unsure:

bottle... :cryingwlaughter: Shhhh! You weren't supposed to tell! Geesh! You just can't keep a secret in this fandom! :cryingwlaughter:

I love the little 15 second snippets of all of the songs, but a couple of them especially and Kipper's song is one of them. I can not wait to hear the whole thing! Something for everyone indeed.

It's 16 days! 2 days and 2 weeks! EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee

His voice is so front and center that I didn't even notice which had violin/strings/etc on them. I know Ashes and Everything has drums/guitar but past that I just know I loved the way his voice was so different on so many of them. Kewl!!!

So, who wants to tell 00lsee about the heavy use of accordions 'n bagpipes in the snippets? :unsure:

:cryingwlaughter:

I like the accordians and bagpipes, but the harmonica and dulcimer are really cool too. Except in a couple of songs, where the electric guitar, bass guitar and drums are so loud that you can't hear them. Oooops! I answered OOlsee's question!

Liney said:

His voice is so front and center that I didn't even notice which had violin/strings/etc on them. I know Ashes and Everything has drums/guitar but past that I just know I loved the way his voice was so different on so many of them. Kewl!!!

I so agree about the variety of vocal techniques! There are soft songs, where he caresses the notes and sings sweetly. There's a jazzy song, where he sings in a sultry, jazzy style. There are pop songs, which are sung in a pop style. And then there's the soft rock kind of songs, where he belts the notes out. Yes! This album really shows his vocal capabilities!

I love the versatility of the songs: a country rocker, a sexy jazzy number, some straight upfront pop rock, a tearjerker, a strong melodic ballad, LAA with a newly recorded background, and then there's the rockingest, certainly the fastest, song Clay has ever done. It all about electric guitars, acoustic guitars, keyboards, strings, and expert drumming -- and all enhance. Several of these songs let you know they are going somewhere -- and we know not where, for at least two more weeks!

Beautiful mystery.

The Lalate site picked up the Slovenian story:

Slovenian snippets - Lalate story

BREAKING Clay Aiken On My Way Here ENTIRE ALBUM LISTEN!

Posted on April 19th, 2008 in Clay Aiken by lalate

LALATE NEW MUSIC

“On My Way Here”

Entire Album Singles Released

Online Overseas in Snippets

You think America is ahead of the times? Think again. The U.S. may not be the first to hear singles from its own Clay Aiken’s new album “On My Way Here”.

Why?

Because snippets of the singles from the album have this week been first released not in the U.S. but apparently in Slovenian.

Slovenian???

Yes, this is truly one of the craziest stories in music we’ve heard this month.

Singles from Aiken’s upcoming album “On My Way Here” have already been released to Slovenian citizens while apparently not yet available in the U.S. And if you think it’s leaked, it’s not. The site is enabled by Vodaphone!

Yes, this story gets crazier as it continues.

Here’s what LALATE can explain appears to have happened.

Several weeks ago, Aiken revealed this is the track listing for “On My Way Here”. There are 12 tracks reportedly:

1. On My Way Here

2. Ashes

3. Everything I Don’t Need

4. Something About Us

5. Falling

6. Where I Draw The Line

7. The Real Me

8. Weight Of The World

9. As Long As We’re Here

10. Sacrificial Love

11. Grace Of God

12. Lover All Alone

Then, on one message board for Aiken fans, The Clayboard, a Slovenian fan made the revelation, that his country is getting snippets released online of songs from the upcoming album.

How many songs? LALATE’s count shows EVERY SONG is now avaiable in preview form in Slovenia.

The links allow you to play snippets of each song, and then, if you wish and are a Vodaphone user, perhaps purchase the snippet as a ringtone for your Slovenia Vodaphone cellphone.

To listen, and purchase the ringtones if you are in Slovenia, click here. (Press “KUPI” next to each song to listen, then press the play button.)