#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

OMG!

Okay...RUN, do NOT walk to the "Fallin'" snippet and tell me that you DON'T hear a Glockenspiel! It's there, I tell you!

GAWD... :hubbahubba:

I LOVE the Glockenspiel.

The Glockenspiel and Clay? Together in the same song?

GAWD. :Thud:

Thanks muski...it was driving me crazy! I knew I recognised that tone! Must be the Slovenian influence!

I know...me, too. I kept replaying it, ALMOST identifying that mesmerizing sound. You know the feeling...it's right there, but...not. So I took the 'reverse psychology' approach---You know, the less you think about something, the more likely you'll remember. Sure enough, I was sitting here minding my own business, drinking some cabernet and whatnot and...

OMG!

Glockenspiel!

Then I really felt stupid for not having recognized it right away. :blush:

You know, the kazoo effect with the ukelele is really kind of cool!!!

Kazoo's? Did I hear you say KA-freakin-ZOO'S ! ? !

Damn.

I should have collected all those kazoo's with the books in Kalamazoo..... :Ahh:

good thing he sounds purdy...no matter what....

I will catch up, I just wanted to wish a joyous Passover. Was listening to the folksong festival on my way home and they had a home made recording of a Seder at Theodore Bickel's house from the 50's. This only relates to me in that I worked with Theodore Bickel's daughter.

Beach was great. but had to come home,it was going down to the 40's tonight and I an kind of afraid to use the gas heater, never used it yet, but was 50 when I left at 8PM. The air is nice, but the cold cold water affects the tempreature. Should have gotten a mobile home instead of a trailer.

Oh, you people are toooooooooo funny!! ......right?.......

Could someone link me to the "help for the furriners" thread? I can't find it, and I need to add to my post. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I had to tear myself away from listening to the ukelele part of the snippet to tell you that if you go to Clay Fan Community/Clay Nation/International thread you will find what you need.

Thanks merrieeee! and to the rest of you comedians...... :imgtongue:

:cryingwlaughter:

QUESTION:

For those who have seen the autographed poster, how much is it? Is it rigid paper or can it be rolled up?

I'm thinking of asking a friend to pick one up for me, but I don't know how difficult it will be for her to get it home and then mail it to me.

THANKS!!

Paulette

Just read the lyrics to Something About Us on CH...and now will go to bed with a shit-eaten grin on my face as I ponder the person that might have inspired Clay to include that song with those lyrics on this "my life since AI" CD thematic venture... :whistling-1:

You know, the kazoo effect with the ukelele is really kind of cool!!!

Kazoo's? Did I hear you say KA-freakin-ZOO'S ! ? !

Damn.

I should have collected all those kazoo's with the books in Kalamazoo..... :Ahh:

good thing he sounds purdy...no matter what....

bottle... you started this instrument thingy today... I salute you and all those who participated... I have been rolling out of my chair in laughter since you all started this... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

This has been such a fun day!!! I mean, come on... Slovenia! Only Clay Aiken! :cryingwlaughter:

Just read the lyrics to Something About Us on CH...and now will go to bed with a shit-eaten grin on my face as I ponder the person that might have inspired Clay to include that song with those lyrics on this "my life since AI" CD thematic venture... :whistling-1:

Well, where are the lyrics, Ms. Muski? :BlowKiss:

Heeee. I had to go in search of them myself. Here they are, copied from the CH:

Start the music; play the song

We'll dance together all night long

The spotlight glows

Somehow it knows

That there's something about us

Something about us

People smile when we walk by

There's too much magic to deny

A fool can see we're meant to be

Cuz there's something about us

Something about us

The words on every poet's tongue

Every love song ever sung's about us

It's about us

From Romeo and Juliet

To plays they haven't written yet

It's old and new

It's a classic tale of two

In our perfectly perfect love

You can see it in our ways

And how we spend our nights and days

Our crazy laughs, our photographs

Something about us

The words on every poet's tongue

Every love song ever sung's about us

It's about us

From Romeo and Juliet

To plays they haven't written yet

It's old and new

It's a classic tale of two

In our perfectly perfect love

So start the music; play the song,

We'll dance together all night long,

We'll reminisce of moments like this

Yes there's something about us

Yes there's something about us

Thankful - I think the signed posters are $40 but I don't know what kind of paper they're on. I did see people with cardboard tubes at the show and I'm assuming the posters roll up.

Thankful - I think the signed posters are $40 but I don't know what kind of paper they're on. I did see people with cardboard tubes at the show and I'm assuming the posters roll up.

Thank you. Someone at CV said it could be rolled up but didn't know the price.

The signed posters are $100 - the signed playbills are $40. The poster is thick paper,. I don't want torollit up.I got home too late and took too longto catch up here, so I will see if it can be boxed. I would rather deliver it flat, myself. But I suppose you can roll it up.

I think it's hysterical that they've become known as the "Slovenian snippets". :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks for the lyrics to SAU (Something About Us for those who don't like acronyms) - isn't this the song that Clay chose when asked to pick one from OMWH as his favourite, or signature, song? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Forgot to mention that a bunch of us met for lunch the other day in honour of a visit from FCA's own Lotus. It was great to meet you! Hope you come see us again the next time you are in Ontario.

Watched Rewind last night....lots of little moments that I had totally forgotten about, like the interview on the couch on the stage. We were trying to remember about that fan segment - didn't she post once that she had been coached on the answers? I'm pretty sure I remember that, but I have no idea what her screen name was. Anyways, loved that performance of DLTSGDOM. Ruben was sweet on that show, too (except when he says 'axed' instead of 'asked' - pet peeve of mine!) But his answers about Clay were sweet, and his rendition of Breaking Up Is Hard To Do that night was nice, as well. It's funny, I had forgotten that this was a totally separate show, that apparently was shown on the Monday night before the Final Two competition.....so that means next week, they will lump the Tuesday competition show and the Wednesday finale show into one? Seems a strange way to do it, to me....seems as though they will have to skip a lot to cram it into one hour. I could have done without 99.9% of the judges crap they showed last night, that's for sure.

ETA a matinee Spam recap from CB:

After the Show Report

Tiggy and Claylily just called back. They could hardly breathe after the finale...Clay was over on the side doing GREAT BIG HIP THRUSTS!!!

Knights of Ni sang the Chipmunk song...began with "5, 6, 7, 8 ..."then began to sing then said " 5, 6, 7, 8..." and sang it again then said "5, 6, 7, 8..." and said "just kidding" While he was singing Clay had his thumbs under stuck in the armholes of his tunic, moving them around (cute)

During "Brave Sir Robin" he kept pulling his belt up

"...girls in nasty tights..." he went right up to the girl and stared at her real estate...tracts of land...)

During "Papa can you hear me?" he was wildly shimmying

The "poop" scenes were way over the top (too funny)

During the Guard Scene, each time he emphasized a word he would bend his knees.

Brother Maynard was very funny, he was way up on his toes.

He said something during the killer bunny scene that cracked Patsy up so badly he had to put his hand over his mouth.

When the LOTL said her name Clay said "WHAT?"

The peasant was a Clayfan from New Zealand.

Clay gave the speech about the auction instead of the King.

He explained the competition and told the audience he is used to losing so it would mean SOOO much to him to WIN.

He told them they would take cash, but if you use a credit card, you can make BIG donations! He auctioned the chicken (sorry, I missed how much it went for)

The picture today was with JUST Clay and the donation was $250.00.

That's it for now. The girls will be back for the evening performance and will call at intermission.

Good Morning Everyone,

8 Days until Clay is on QVC!

11 Days until Clay is on VH1 Top 20 Countdown!

14 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

16 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

22 Days until Clay is on Leno:

25 Days unti The Climmel

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I love the versatility of the songs: a country rocker, a sexy jazzy number, some straight upfront pop rock, a tearjerker, a strong melodic ballad, LAA with a newly recorded background, and then there's the rockingest, certainly the fastest, song Clay has ever done. It all about electric guitars, acoustic guitars, keyboards, strings, and expert drumming -- and all enhance. Several of these songs let you know they are going somewhere -- and we know not where, for at least two more weeks!

Beautiful mystery.

It sounded like it was re-recorded to me also. I can't wait to hear the full version. David Foster's piano version was dreadful. It did not do Clay's beautiful lyrics justice, IMHO. I thought I detected strings and a more orchestral sound in the very, very short snippet we got. I figured this cd would be more like MOAM than ATDW. So far I think Ashes is my favorite, and The Real Me my least favorite. Of course it's all subject to change once I hear the whole CD.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Good job Clay.... :clap:

On another note, I combined the two different versions of Everything I Don't Need. You can tell where I joined them because I'm an amateur, but I like it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8kbur1

:thankyou: My "can't wait to hear the full song" keeps changing, but Everything is definitely a leading candidate. I wonder if that's Quiana on background vocals.

I wondered the same thing. In fact it sounds like Quianna and Angela both. I remember, though, Clay saying he had wanted Quianna on one of his CDs before, and the label said no. So who knows. Can't hear enough of the song to tell. I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Sure sounds like them to me.

I smell radio with this CD..................That is if they release the songs like ASHES!

Good morning - it's a warm 30 degrees here in sunny California!

Sorry about the price misquote - I knew something was $40. My good buddy LoveOfMyLife had her picture taken with Clay at the matinee yesterday and is still EEEEEEEEEEEEE'ing and Squeeeeeeeeeee'ing. So far she hasn't come up with enough air to give details! She took her 13 year old son with her and reports are he was aghast at his mother's behavior!! Hee! Hee! :cryingwlaughter:

My name is Iseeme and I have gone 24 hours without listening to the Slovenian Snippets!!!!

Aikim - love how you list "how many days until"......

I wonder if Clay sang SAU at his friend's wedding.....

aikim... don't forget tomorrow is the day of pre-order for itunes to get the bonus track. I'm trying not to forget cause my boss is coming into town tomorrow, too.

wanda...

A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
I, too, love our next thread title! :cryingwlaughter: Thanks! So true, too!!!

luckiest... I was next in line with Erin from the "fan quiz" at Kimmel for hours and she told us that she was, indeed, coached and some of the coaching was from Clay himself. So, his reactions to her answers was some of his earliest attempts at acting. He's improved a lot! :cryingwlaughter:

Clayzorback... Only Quiana was shown and/or mentioned in the webisodes. I'm thinkin' that this might be where the piano player, Jeff, sang backup with her.

I think Something About Us might be the song Clay sang as a first dance at his friend's wedding. The lyrics kinda seem like that might be. I thought Sacrificial Love was the one he said was his favorite, but I definitely could be wrong. It did start with an "S" for sure... SL has a real "Proud of Your Boy" sound to it from the 15 second clip. Someone's going to have to re-read all his recent interviews to find the truth on this Sunday morning... LOL

I have been up since 5 and I have not yet listened to the SSSS (Superb Slovenian Song Snippets). I am trying to go a whole day...I know I can do it.

I just noticed the countdown clock this morning! eeeeeeeeee 15 days!!!!! So near yet so far! I wonder what I can do to occupy myself till then? Hmm Spamalot anyone?