#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Oh luckiest I am giddy too...Just like Christmas morning!

I want everyone to wake up so I can "see" them open up their prezzies and squeal in delight with them!

Oh aikim...come on over...it's really nice over here..not dark at all!

Well I used to have will power. I didn't listen to one thing before MOAM came out. Not even Invisible. No.thing.

But of course I went to the site...just to see.

And listened to a couple ... just to see.

But I forced myself to close the window.

And then promptly downloaded the mp3. :cryingwlaughter:

But I haven't listened....

:hangin:

...yet.

Try this link for the OMWH pre-order page from the Sony store. I got the SonyBMG Store e-mail the other day, and clicked on it right away to see if they were offering any bonuses or magnets or whatnot, but alas, no.

Thanks for posting that for me. I don't know what happened with my link.

Hee, don't ask me what I'm doing up at this hour! If I told you I'd have to kill you. ;)

From CH:

Posted by "Guest" in the Public Access Forum:

Saw this on the CB. Cute voicemail they played that Clay left on Faye's cell phone toward the end of the interview.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/26472/1h/...riday/FRI14.mp3

It's primarily an interview with Faye about the BAF 'Dancing Like the Stars' event but they play Faye's answering machine message that Clay recorded. Could one of you tech wizards rip just Clay's message from the end of the interview?

I put both mp3 and wav file of only the recording of Clay from Faye's interview on my 4shared.

This is the info I got on it.

Dear Friends

The Bubel Aiken Foundation is participating in a fun fundraiser and we would like to have your votes and would love for you to pass this email along to all your email friends or tell your friends and family about this.

The Southern Women's Show is presenting for the second year "Dancing Like The Stars" Some of you know that you helped me win last years competition with your votes. I was dancing for another foundation but this year they asked me to help again and I agreed but only for The Bubel Aiken Foundation. I will be hosting this year but we have some wonderful local celebrities that have agreed to dance. Please go to our website www.bubelaiken.org click on Dancing Like the Stars and vote for a favorite of yours. If you are local please come by on April 27th and say hello to everyone. All details on the website. Those of you from out of state, thank you for supporting me last year and hopefully you will support the Bubel Aiken Foundation with your votes and contributions this year.

www.bubelaiken.org

Thank you to everyone

Faye Parker

Any Fido customers here? Snippets are available there too:

http://fidostore.clearmode.com/surf/brands...pos=1&term=

I am in love with them all. GAH.

Thanks

The second link about the Slovenian site has a NOT cute pic!

You got that right............. :cryingwlaughter:

RUN DON'T WALK TO THE SITE!

from Samarijan2000 at the CB

That is something really unusual.

In Slovenia I never heard anything about Clay even if you were google through Slovenian web pages.

Look what I found!

You can hear OMWH samples and order ring tone in SLOVENIA!!!

Here is the link and look and hear for yourself!!!

http://ifun.simobil.net/ifun/ui/ifun/templ...&cat_id=626

Slovenia online paper choose 10 the best statement of the week from celebrities And Clay is among them.

http://www.zurnal24.si/cms/magazin/vip/ind...ailâ„‘=5

Don't be surprised there aren't any comments. We Slovenians are not so enthusiastic about celebrities.image

Ididn't really meant that you have to order from Slovenia but that is available

HOLY SHIT!!! I FLOVE Ashes, Falling and Where I Draw the Line!!! Yet to listen to others...

ETA: finished listening to the samples. OMG i'm in tears now. I fucking love this album...and I never really love any of Clay's albums (save MCWL) before this. There're four-five songs that I really, really, REALLY look forward to listening to and that's a rare case. It makes me sad that he chooses OMWH as the first single cos there're many other songs that I think are much more radio-friendly and much appealing to the NJUs. Let's hope that a lot of non-fans get to hear these samples...and not just in a Slovenian site!!!

ETAA: hello? helloooo? (tm Black Knight)

i feel like i've just shot myself a high dose of opium. Oh what a night!!!

*goes back to listening*

I knew this year was going to be a good one for him. These songs sound pretty good from the short snippets we have. Off to give each one another listen. Clay singing to me while I have my coffee. Can't beat that! As for the TITN video? I FLOVED it just the way it was. It sure looks like hawt sexy Clay to me. :Thud: I would love to see a clean cut version of it.

OK, so what am I doing here? Well, hubby is still asleep, and I always know that when I spend a bit of time away from the boards, something exciting will happen! *g*

Yes, I listened to the snippets -- and I really like what I hear. A bunch of different styles, and I think that is a good thing. What I found interesting for me is that I was personally very drawn to the ballads. The voice was front and center, and I like that. The bouncier stuff is great too, but for simply a different reason -- fun to dance along to. Yeah, this is gonna be a great album.

footloose, I've been thinking about your disappointment in OMWH being the first single after hearing the rest of the snippets. Since I became a good rationalizer in 2006 (*g*), I can come up with a few reasons why Clay, TC, and RCA did this. First of all -- WARNING! DANGER WORD AHEAD! -- I think Clay has emphasized the "narrative" for this album being his journey of five years. Now, it's hard to judge just by hearing the snippets if one of the other songs might not be a better choice for that, but the way Clay's talked about the song OMWH, it seems to be THE song for that theme. I think he really wants to emphasize that theme -- it's very important to him.

I also do believe Clay when he said in an interview "I'm not all that concerned about radio play." To me, that was his way to tell some people "don't worry about this kind of thing, it will work out one way or the other." I honestly think that he WILL get radio play, just simply by not worrying about it, if that makes any sense.

Finally, when the song OMWH here IS pushed to radio, and I think it will, I think the words "written by Ryan Tedder" will be all over that push. Hot name to attach to Clay's name, and I'm going to guess that will help Clay.

Other thoughts -- I like the idea of the TITN video being a montage of his journey. I think that would be rather cool.

Oh, and I still don't totally believe that Clay "gets" his sexy. I think he's come a long way in this regard, but I do think he'll never quite get it, and to me, that's still part of his charm. *shrug*

OK, back to bed.

One more thing -- EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes, I listened to the snippets -- and I really like what I hear. A bunch of different styles, and I think that is a good thing. What I found interesting for me is that I was personally very drawn to the ballads. The voice was front and center, and I like that. The bouncier stuff is great too, but for simply a different reason -- fun to dance along to. Yeah, this is gonna be a great album.

<snip>

Oh, and I still don't totally believe that Clay "gets" his sexy. I think he's come a long way in this regard, but I do think he'll never quite get it, and to me, that's still part of his charm. *shrug*

Yep and yep.

Love all the snips, but am really drawn to Something About Us from the little clip. Can't wait to hear more of them all!

ETA: crimsonice says SAU reminds her of SOR from the JNT05. :) She is especially taken with Where I Draw The Line. I think this CD is going to cross a lot of genres!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It pays to get up early on a Saturday morning.

Slovenia - who would have ever thought!

The snippet I keep going back to is Ashes! But what a tease this website is - it leaves you wanting to hear more and more and more.

Oh, good morning everyone.

Excuse me - must go listen to some uhhhhhhhhhhhh.............snippets!!!! New favorite word.

OK, I am in love with EIDN too. Here are the lyrics that I can piece together from the two clips:

....the last of a dyin' breed

cuz we've come this far

but it has to stop

you're everythaaaaaaang

everythin' I don't need

Background:

get outta my dreams

get outta my head

get outta my room

get outta my bed

I don't wanna listen to the.....

Hee, sorry, I know I am a bit OTT, but I'm having fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! :dancingpickle:

ETA: I think hearing the full version of The Real Me may kill me dead.

BWAH! luckiest, I swear you need to write your own dictionary! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: crimsonice says SAU reminds her of SOR from the JNT05.

I keep singing "Turn around and seeeeee what love's done to me---eeeee!" EARWORM! HOOK! RADIO! :7:

BWAH! luckiest, I swear you need to write your own dictionary! :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: crimsonice says SAU reminds her of SOR from the JNT05.

I keep singing "Turn around and seeeeee what love's done to me---eeeee!" EARWORM! HOOK! RADIO! :7:

Okay what is SOR? I swear we need a dictionary for all the acronymns.

Kim

Who, me? Heh. Doesn't everyone talk like that?

Where is couchieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

No, really, I am sober, I told you that Clay Aiken is my high. ;)

ETA: SOR = Season of Romance. It was one of the covers on the Joyful Noise Tour 2005. Heh, see, I can talk without acronyms if I try really, really hard. :cryingwlaughter:

I think the men in the white coats may be on their way this time............

I think Kipper was right when he said people will say "that's Clay Aiken??" WE know what he can do because we've seen him "live" in concert but it's going to be a revelation when some hear him and it's not the "Broadway glory note slow ballad" box some people have put him in! At CV they're saying "Kipper is a Keeper!" I like the saying.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for Josh Groban and his live concert CD......it's still going to sell a ton of copies....just as if Clay put out a live concert recording (which many of us have wanted) Yes it's not the same as new music but Josh has a huge fanbase. I know Clay will always have competition but I would rather it be someone of a completely different genre!

Must go listen to Ashes again......

Iseeme -- twist it on its ear a bit.

People flock in to the stores to pick up the Groban DVD. "Ooooo, there's a new CD from Clay Aiken. I like him. Must.buy."

How's that?

Still only listened to the snippets once. That's all I'm going to do now, I'm strong. *g*

Ok...I've made a verra, verra important decision. I will not listen any more to the snippets. I've listened to all the ones from that Slovenian site, and enjoyed them all...but I'm going to wait to have the CD before I become too familiar with any of the songs. I remember ATDW---I played and replayed those snippets (even with the annoying woman interrupting) and then when the CD came out, it was a bit anticlimactic for me...

So I'm just going to EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! and get all silly and whatnot thinking about all the promotional appearances that might be and seeing him sing any of these songs and hearing the buzz about Clay Aiken's new CD and reading this blurb and that blurb and....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hee, I have them on repeat. *g*

Spam recap from last night from gerwhisp at CB

Just back at the hotel. Each time I see Spamalot, I pick up on different things. .. and sitting in different seats you see different things.

The rubber chicken was auctioned again and went for $550.

Pictures were offered again, same, $300.00 with the same knights as last night.

I'm still so in awe of how great Clay is in this .. the guard in the tower, he's so "serious" about the swallows and coconuts .. and the I'm not dead part ..

I think the drunken guard scene is just soo funny, the look on his face when he "notices" the ribbons, and twists/braids them .. hilarious. , his big number is superb .. and brother Maynard, not sure I'd know who he is if I didn't know already.

I didn't think he'd be on the stage as much as he is … There was a couple beside me, and, I wasn't trying to listen (honestly) but they spoke loudly and I heard him say, when Clay first came on stage, that's some famous singer. At intermission I heard them looking him up in the book and he read the biography to his wife, and they kept saying "wow" (great bio Spamalot). After Clay did his big number, the man enthusiastically said "he's great".

(I promise I don't usually listen to conversations).

I think I could go see Spamalot every night but I have to leave tomorrow. The weather in NY has been great … really warm and sunny.

I could go on and on forever.

From Notacanuck at the CH:

Just an FYI -- the Theater World Awards will be be announced on May 12. Hopefully our BF will be among the winners

Why would Clay get an award for theater..is there an award for short timer?

Soooo I slept while ya'll went to slovenia. LOL. Who would have thunk it.

My favorite was Everything I Don't Need and I can't wait to hear the entire album. I really think I'll just download it at mindnight...put on my headphones and just listen all the way through. This is going to be fun.

Iseeme it's ok if Josh Groban sells a lot of DVDs..it has nothing to do with CDs and it won't be in articles with CDs and won't be directly compared to Clay in any way. And look at it this way, maybe people will go into the store to pick up his DVD and say oh look, there's Clay's new album.

ETA: Muskifest..too funny but I listened once as well and didn't download. Does anyone remember Moam? I remember the songs I liked most on the snippets weren't the ones that ended up being my favorite. No More Sad Song was my absolute favorite snippet... I played it over and over and over and then when the album came out I was like...that's it? bwah.

ETAA: About QVC..how many songs will Clay sing?

EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee Lovely Slovenia!

I loved the snippets, too. Grace of God wasn't there. Wonder if the title got it left out. Seems to be pretty evenly divided between ballady songs and mid/up-tempo. Where I Draw the Line has a country vibe to it, so could cross over.

Muski... 15 second snippets don't bother me, but last time I listened to those On Demand full-length songs for a whole week before the cd came out, even with the gal's voice interrupting, and that did, indeed, take the edge of getting the cd. Not gonna do that this time... well, except for Kipper's song... that one intrigues me and I might cave... but only once! :cryingwlaughter:

From Notacanuck at the CH:

Just an FYI -- the Theater World Awards will be be announced on May 12. Hopefully our BF will be among the winners

Why would Clay get an award for theater..is there an award for short timer?

Soooo I slept while ya'll went to slovenia. LOL. Who would have thunk it.

My favorite was Everything I Don't Need and I can't wait to hear the entire album. I really think I'll just download it at mindnight...put on my headphones and just listen all the way through. This is going to be fun.

Iseeme it's ok if Josh Groban sells a lot of DVDs..it has nothing to do with CDs and it won't be in articles with CDs and won't be directly compared to Clay in any way. And look at it this way, maybe people will go into the store to pick up his DVD and say oh look, there's Clay's new album.

ETA: Muskifest..too funny but I listened once as well and didn't download. Does anyone remember Moam? I remember the songs I liked most on the snippets weren't the ones that ended up being my favorite. No More Sad Song was my absolute favorite snippet... I played it over and over and over and then when the album came out I was like...that's it? bwah.

There is an award for Best Debut in a Broadway Show, Fantasia won it for the Color Purple and the fandom is hoping Clay will win for Spamalot.

Kim

Man, I flove my Clay fandom. Up earlier on a Saturday morning, listening to snippets from an American pop star's upcoming album on a Slovenian ringtone site. Heh.

There is an award for Best Debut in a Broadway Show, Fantasia won it for the Color Purple and the fandom is hoping Clay will win for Spamalot.

OMG!

Wouldn't that be awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!!!

And I must apologize - all this time I was whining about Josh Groban I thought it was a CD - not a DVD! ACK. (I'm getting so familiar with the corner I keep having to sit in!)

But...but...has it occurred to anyone else that if his music is being sold in Slovenia than there IS distribution internationally! Or is that thought process flawed! I mean Slovenia, for hevvinsakes.... And how lucky we are we have an alert Claymate there!!!

Didn't he visit Slovenia?

keepingfaith check your email! you might find something there........

Why won't Fido work for me? It says "connecting to media" but never does!

Ya think we crashed it?