#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Since I'm not listening either, am I the only one who watched the Amazon video with the sound off? I'm also streaming from our local radio station with the sound off. I wonder if they can tell? :whistling-1::shrug:

Nope, not the only one. :)

dulcimer

Damn, Gibby, I couldn't quite place the sound. Thanks! Hee.

(bottle, you are sooo bad :cryingwlaughter: )

Actually, I have to admire all of you who can show restraint and not listen ahead of time. I am weak. I admit it. I own it....and it's at times like these, I'm thankful for it! LOL.

I know I may be doing a very bad thing listening to these snippets on repeat but really...they are very short and there is so much of the songs still to discover. What I love about it is the variety of moods and tempo. At one point I am bopping then it goes slow that you need to listen to the lyrics...then you get one that has a haunting quality then there is Clay belting....then he is going all soft and vulnerable...its fantastic!!!

There is one part that makes me think of Sweeney Todd...I think its Sacrificial Love...that is becoming one of my favorite.

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I can hardly WAIT!!

But I'm gunna! :cryingwlaughter:

It sounds just awesome!

I'm having a good time just listening to youse guys eeeeeeee!

I am not listening either!

Kim

YAY!! I am not alone!

Actually its odd, but as the day has gone on my desire to listen has lessened.

It is fun reading everyone's reactions, though!

The only thing I have read that saddens me is that LAA appears to have been altered. There was something so beautiful about that song in it simple, raw arrangement - just the piano and the cello. I hope they didn't gussy that up.

Didn't Clay vacation in Slovenia a couple of years ago?

Yep...and passed out on the floor in McDonalds. I'm sure they remember him. :cryingwlaughter:

...actually, I know he talked about the two story McDonalds in Ljubljana, (capital of Slovenia) but I don't know if that's the one he took a dive in...lol...I know he was sick in Buadpest.

If I had not heard the snippets with my own ears (purely scientific curiosity, and just making sure they were the real thing before I broadcast the link, you understand!) - I would think the Slovenian story was the bestest "punked" for Clay fans ever.

It is really cracking me up - what a great fun time this is!

If I had not heard the snippets with my own ears (purely scientific curiosity, and just making sure they were the real thing before I broadcast the link, you understand!) - I would think the Slovenian story was the bestest "punked" for Clay fans ever.

It is really cracking me up - what a great fun time this is!

I so agree...

Bottle you're a bad bad girl...which is why I love you.

You guys are cracking me up.

I don't think LAA was altered. Clay said it's the only song that Kipper did not produce.

It does sound different on the Slov site but I think the speed is wrong. Clay sounds like a woman. On the Canadian site, it sounds the same to me.

On another note, I combined the two different versions of Everything I Don't Need. You can tell where I joined them because I'm an amateur, but I like it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8kbur1

On another note, I combined the two different versions of Everything I Don't Need. You can tell where I joined them because I'm an amateur, but I like it.

:thankyou: My "can't wait to hear the full song" keeps changing, but Everything is definitely a leading candidate. I wonder if that's Quiana on background vocals.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - it was so hard to work today and be away from the internet.

I've listened to the snippets twice (cough! cough!) and I think I'll not listen to them again. I heard enough to be completely thrilled with this CD and now I can sit back and just smile all day.....for 16 days 5 hours 42 minutes and some number of seconds.

About Kimmel - I could have sworn the first time we saw the announcement that Clay was listed for panel and entertainment. I am hoping there's a mixup because of the dates - when a show is taped and when it's shown. It just doesn't make sense to have him on there a few handful of days after his CD is released and not have him perform!!!

And I agree - the Slovenian connection will make for a nice chit-chat!!!

:thankyou: My "can't wait to hear the full song" keeps changing, but Everything is definitely a leading candidate. I wonder if that's Quiana on background vocals.

I made another one for Ashes. I took a bit from WRAL and blended it with the snippet.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0ehve

I'm with muski. Don't think I will listen any more! The bloom is off the rose so to speak. I mean heard one snippet you've heard them all! No need to crank up the volume on the old Media Player now. No need to try with head phones. iPod battery will need charging up. Oh yawn! Been there done that! Yep that's it for the night! Might as well turn in...nothing new...all old hat! Bored...that's me!

Gotcha!!! :imgtongue:

I can just imagine the conversation on Monday at work! "Well what did you do over the weekend"? Some went to a baseball game, movie, dinner, a wedding etc. What did I do? Well I was on a Slovenian web site clicking on words I did not understand, listening to 15 second snippets of songs that will not be out for two weeks, eeing and squeeing with people I've never met, may never meet and loving every darn minute! Do you think they will call the men in white coats?

I can just imagine the conversation on Monday at work! "Well what did you do over the weekend"? Some went to a baseball game, movie, dinner, a wedding etc. What did I do? Well I was on a Slovenian web site clicking on words I did not understand, listening to 15 second snippets of songs that will not be out for two weeks, eeing and squeeing with people I've never met, may never meet and loving every darn minute! Do you think they will call the men in white coats?

Why would they? I'm right there with you. It has been a blast. I am still in my PJ's since 5:00 this morning when I first went to Slovenia. And to tell you how much I lurve the snippets....I am a real dumbass when it comes to technical stuff. No monkey, I am talking REAL dumbass. Anyway, I finally figured out how to actually burn a CD!!!!!! Please hold your applause, it's only taken my 5 years to do this. I have them on repeat and cannot walk away. Hubby's eyes have rolled out of his head a few times today, but I just told him to move on, there's nothing to see here.

I love all the excitement on the boards! I think Clay finally got what he wanted in spades, and I can't wait to get the full gift!

Oh, you people are toooooooooo funny!! ......right?.......

Could someone link me to the "help for the furriners" thread? I can't find it, and I need to add to my post. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I had to tear myself away from listening to the ukelele part of the snippet to tell you that if you go to Clay Fan Community/Clay Nation/International thread you will find what you need.

Could someone link me to the "help for the furriners" thread? I can't find it, and I need to add to my post. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I had to tear myself away from listening to the ukelele part of the snippet to tell you that if you go to Clay Fan Community/Clay Nation/International thread you will find what you need.

You know, the kazoo effect with the ukelele is really kind of cool!!!

You know, the kazoo effect with the ukelele is really kind of cool!!!

Yes. I found myself humming along.