#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Well maybe I will just buy itunes once we can actually order so I can listen right away. I just hope we can download it at midnight on May 5...I mean it will still be the same thing...still count towards his first week.

I want to be able to listen to it in full as soon as I can...

I will get the Itunes, the one from Amazon, the QVC...and I might get the music pass....

Every single Monday I get the email from iTunes about new music, and tomorrow they will get a response from me. Not that I don't download from iTunes, but very rarely is it one of the new releases they promote.

I'm not rich, so why is it so much fun to give my money to Clay? At least with iTunes I won't be tempted with multiples! :cryingwlaughter:

Saw this at CV. Apparently a radio station in Syracuse is featuring OMWH on its front page saying "Clay Aiken is Back!".

Y94FM Syracuse

Anyone know what format they are? Could this indicate that maybe he will really be supported to radio?

I asked ages ago, but I am curious, other than Walmart being the low lifes they are, why is the CD with the bonus track $5.00 more than the one without? Isn't that a bit unusual?

Well it was announced that the single will be out to Radios April 28th. So there is some support to radio...how much support it will get we do not really know. It looks good that there s an ad in a radio station. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Well maybe I will just buy itunes once we can actually order so I can listen right away. I just hope we can download it at midnight on May 5...I mean it will still be the same thing...still count towards his first week.

I will get the Itunes, the one from Amazon, the QVC...and I might get the music pass....

Ok, now I REALLY am confused (not that its hard to confuse me lately.....). I thought you would only get the bonus track if you pre-ordered it. Is that not true? Can you still get the bonus track if you buy it on May 6th?? Cause if you can, its a no brainer. That's what I would do.

I still remember the excitement of downloading ATDW at midnight just to listen to LAA!!

Well, it's a one for the money,

Two for the show,

Three to get ready,

Now go, cat, go!

But donchuuu step on my blue suede shoes

Uh you can do anythin', but don't step on my blue suede shoes! :00000462:

WOW. While I listened and read about Elvis during the tour at Graceland, I was struck so many times with the uncanny similarities between him and Clay--their upbringing, their sudden fame, their humanitarianism and generosity...Reading newspaper/magazine articles about the "phenomenon"---asking, "What makes this guy so special? What IS it?" and the answer being, "Yes, he can sing...but it's more than that." One quote from Lisa Marie Presley said something to the effect that when Elvis stepped on stage, it was his SPIRIT singing...and reaching out to other spirits. And a quote of Elvis was something like, "My job is to entertain the audience, to make them feel the music." Also, one article talked about his fans---how loyal they were and how much Elvis loved that. Elvis said their love made him want to show his love back.

Sound familiar?

Really interesting. I thought of Hannah's glib statement in her interview when she said "He's like Elvis!", talking about all the fans and their following him around and the excitement surrounding Clay.

It would be fun to write an essay-type thingy drawing parallels and also pointing out differences between those two icons, wouldn't it? Well, since I like to write it would be for ME. heh. Someone who has talent and likes to do montages could do a great one,too, on that subject.

Anyhoo, it was fun seeing Elvis' rooms with shag carpet on the walls and ceiling. :blink: And the 24kt gold plated seat belt buckles on his private plane...and his sinks with real gold flakes embedded in the enamel. Took a gander at his car collection, too. Again, reading about his personality---that he liked to have fun always. He'd want to play games or watch movies LIKE MONTY PYTHON! No lie! And he was always giving things to other people, gifts and money.

So now it's time to go to Corky's for barbecue---the hotel shuttle bus driver said that's where the best in the city is, so I'm there! :clap:

Hope all you out there still holding out on listening to Clay are doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ok, now I REALLY am confused (not that its hard to confuse me lately.....). I thought you would only get the bonus track if you pre-ordered it. Is that not true? Can you still get the bonus track if you buy it on May 6th?? Cause if you can, its a no brainer. That's what I would do.

I still remember the excitement of downloading ATDW at midnight just to listen to LAA!!

Well with ATDW the bonus track came with a purchase from itunes, at any time ...I just assumed that will be the same thing.

Posted by atinal on April 7:

From the CH: Corabeth

From RCA Marketing

In addition to the Amazon (physical) preorder, there will be an exclusive digital preorder on Itunes which will begin on April 21.

This digital version of the album (which will include the standard album and a digital version of the booklet) will include an additional bonus preorder only track.

That song will only be available when the album is purchased during the pre-order period

Well that changes everything...damn it...

oh wait...is this the same with Itunes Canada...cos they are not the same at all...

Sheesh...this is getting really complicated

well I will have to wait until tomorrow if the preorder will be available in Canada...I just searched for Clay there and no sign of OMWH anywhere...

sigh...

Well, I suppose when it become available for pre-order it will say if the bonus track is ONLY available with the pre-order or not so I guess I'll wait and see.

Ok - Walmart gives us a bonus track for $5.00 more than the CD without the bonus but we don't know if its a digital download of the bonus - like K-Mart - that may or may not work on a Mac.

ITunes has a bonus track that may or may not only be available with the pre-order.

The Music Pass things won't be available until June and we have no idea what the bonus may be.

QVC has their bonus package of old stuff we already have for whatever their too expensive price may be but he'll be there to somehow entice all of us into laying out the bucks for it.

No one else has anything, right?

And no magnets? I really would like a magnet with either the CD cover or this picture.......

1f5cf38063dbb78b0e07c785f670ae66.jpg

And no magnets? I really would like a magnet with either the CD cover or this picture.......

Keychain, please. Of Clay in that pose during the studio video---the one with that shit-eaten smirk on those delicious lips....and the hair hanging down on his forehead...and the sideburns showing in front of the headphones...and

:Thud:

Keychain, please. Of Clay in that pose during the studio video---the one with that shit-eaten smirk on those delicious lips....and the hair hanging down on his forehead...and the sideburns showing in front of the headphones...and

:Thud:

Works for me! :hubbahubba:

WOW. While I listened and read about Elvis during the tour at Graceland, I was struck so many times with the uncanny similarities between him and Clay--their upbringing, their sudden fame, their humanitarianism and generosity...Reading newspaper/magazine articles about the "phenomenon"---asking, "What makes this guy so special? What IS it?" and the answer being, "Yes, he can sing...but it's more than that." One quote from Lisa Marie Presley said something to the effect that when Elvis stepped on stage, it was his SPIRIT singing...and reaching out to other spirits. And a quote of Elvis was something like, "My job is to entertain the audience, to make them feel the music." Also, one article talked about his fans---how loyal they were and how much Elvis loved that. Elvis said their love made him want to show his love back.

Sound familiar?

Dusting off some lurker dust to agree with you. When I went to Graceland in 2005 I came away with the same thoughts. It was almost surreal at times. Even my husband, after reading about the fans said Clay has fans very much like Elvis. My mother was a devoted Elvis fan....still is....she was one of Elvis' "older fans" back in the 50's...you know the kind that today's media discounts as less than worthy. But all these years later she is still a huge Elvis fan and buys anything she can find with his name on it. I imagine when I am her age I will be working on figuring out the newest high-tech way (Eeeep!) to get Clay's latest music. My mother also enjoys Clay and said when she heard him hit that low note in BOTW on AI it was indeed for her like Elvis all over again.

Saw this at CV. Apparently a radio station in Syracuse is featuring OMWH on its front page saying "Clay Aiken is Back!".

Y94FM Syracuse

Anyone know what format they are? Could this indicate that maybe he will really be supported to radio?

I asked ages ago, but I am curious, other than Walmart being the low lifes they are, why is the CD with the bonus track $5.00 more than the one without? Isn't that a bit unusual?

CG, I'm not sure if anyone else has responded to this or not. If the Wal-Mart price for Clay's CD is $14.88, that is pretty typical of the prices of his CDs in WalMart, I'm pretty sure that is what I have paid for them in the past. I remember that when MCWL came out. I went to WalMart at midnite and bought mine. Then got up in the morning and drove 100 miles to buy quite a few more because they were $9.99 at Target and Meyers, the difference in price made it well worth my trip. Of course gas wasn't $3.50 a gallon then.

ETA: Muski, early in the fandom someone did a whole page of Elvis/Clay similarities, it was pretty interesting. I wish I could remember who it was, maybe someone else here remembers it. It kind of reminded me of the Lincoln/Kennedy paralells that are often passed around.

Hi Clayanne :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Being a Clay Aiken fan is starting to require higher education! So much to remember - passwords, account numbers, dates, what to download, what not to download, ACK!!!!! They're sure blitzing all the possiblities though - and that's a good thing.

I would like to visit Graceland sometime. Just to say I've seen it!!!

Well that changes everything...damn it...

oh wait...is this the same with Itunes Canada...cos they are not the same at all...

Sheesh...this is getting really complicated

well I will have to wait until tomorrow if the preorder will be available in Canada...I just searched for Clay there and no sign of OMWH anywhere...

sigh...

It was confirmed via Corabeth's "RMD" that Itunes Canada will also have the preorder and bonus.

I'm happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! (tm Not Dead Fred) I figured out how to launch my iTunes, I figured out how to create a playlist AND I figured out how to burn a CD! Now while some of you may think that should be easy....................it was a huge accomplishment for me. I managed a technical support unit with Bank of America for years but could barely spell I.B.M. I was very good at standing at the door and yelling "help!" though. WOO! HOO! Can't wait until midnight to do some serious pre-ordering!

Aikim.....is your hubby the kind that buys all the stuff and then looks at it for months??? Hope not.

Well, last week was full of exciting news....kind of makes you wonder what's in store for us NEXT WEEK!!!!

Iseeme... congratulation!!! You are now a techie of the highest order... ok, maybe lowest order, but all techies have to start somewhere... :cryingwlaughter:

I went to see Clay this weekend.

On Friday night he told me how to hold his chicken.

On Saturday night I caught the bouquet.

According to traditional Slovenian custom, I believe we're now married.

I'll let you know how the honeymoon goes!!!!

laljeterfan... WOW!!! Can I touch you???

I do remember that early Clay/Elvis thingy. I have it printed out, I think and used to have it on my computer, but don't know if I burned it off or not when the old computer got replaced. At one time it was up at clayaikentheidealidol, but don't know if it is still there somewhere or not. There were comparison pictures and everything.

:cryingwlaughter:

And congratulations! Verra verra cool!

bottlecap, it sounds like the shower may be back on, you just need to change the wording of the invitations.

You won't survive.

It's been nice knowing you.

Should I send the traditional toaster, or are you already sufficiently toasted?

:kos:

EEEEEEEEEEEE congrats!!! do you have a bridal registry???

hee

I'm old skool, and seldom use iTunes except for Clay stuff. iTunes keep wanting to install updates, but they always crap out on me so I think I'm a version or so behind. Anyway, I thought I better make sure I could still download music okay, prior to pre-ordering OMWH on iTunes tomorrow. I chose to cheat on Clay a bit with David Cook from AI7 (waves to YSRN). How great would it have been to have been able to download full 3 - 4 minute studio recordings of Clay's songs from AI2? TPTB would have made a mint! I hope the current contestants are seeing a little of the cash from the sales of their songs on iTunes, but knowing 19ABCD et al, I wonder if the performers are getting more than a tiny fraction of the sales.

Hee ...I've been cheating with Jason Castro...and one or two of David as well. I really wish they had this during AI2 cos the quality of the recording and productions are pretty good.

Yup...I got ready for the itunes pre order this week...can't wait!!!

Hey, Jason is MY second boyfriend!!!!

I use itunes all the time so I should be in good shape. <g>

You won't survive.

It's been nice knowing you.

Bwahahaha….now that’s funny. And true. So sorry. <g> Well, at least you’ll get it once.

Should I send the traditional toaster, or are you already sufficiently toasted?

:kos:

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

Toasted AND BUTTERED, Baby!!!

(trying to figure out how to get my pictures scanned and saved.)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/lal...008085256PM.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/lal...008085056PM.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/lal...008085814PM.jpg

And an extra one just cuz he's so cute- but I really wasn't- so my part of the picture has been excised FOREVER!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/lal.../CAWDYI0E-1.jpg