#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

:nana: laljeterfan! Great pics - the groomsmen in their finest tabards are CUTE!

Does the chicken have a name? :coolchicken:

I'm open to suggestions. One thing I will say about him- he REEKS! (The chicken, not Clay!!!!)

My roomie (my dear cousin) wanted me to put him out in the hallway for the night! :cryingwlaughter:

:nana: laljeterfan! Great pics - the groomsmen in their finest tabards are CUTE!

I'm open to suggestions. One thing I will say about him- he REEKS! (The chicken, not Clay!!!!)

My roomie (my dear cousin) wanted me to put him out in the hallway for the night! :cryingwlaughter:

Does it reek of that horrible rubber smell?

Did I miss where you explained all this? I assume you won a chicken auction and then also paid for a picture on another night?

A-hem...Laljeterfan...where and when was that last picture taken? You know, the one where's he's in different clothes and he's all sweaty looking and all. Was that a honeymoon shot? And I think you look adorable standing next to Clay in his wedding tux!

..Ok...so maybe not so sweaty, but just really, really content. The sweaty thing must have just been in my imagination...

I love the snippets of all the songs. Yesterday I came online at 730am and listerned very quickly then went and taught a 6 hour CPR class. I could not wait to get home and listen more closely. I am going to love many of these.

Today my husband and I went for our first bike ride since Oct. last year. Always hard after being off all winter. We did 26 miles and I actually feel pretty good. Suprisingly my butt bones are not hurting. That is usually the worst the first day.

I looked at my work schedule and both days for Leno and Kimmel I have to work the next day and be up at 5am. Do you think my patients will like a very tired nurse? Probably not so I will not see them till the next evening. That is going to be really hard. Our internet service at work has everything pretty much blocked.

Does it reek of that horrible rubber smell?

Did I miss where you explained all this? I assume you won a chicken auction and then also paid for a picture on another night?

Yeah- a gawd-awful smell. Mr Chicken is sitting on a chair behind me, and my son just came in the room and complained about the smell!

Yep- I won the auction on Friday night- there was no great bidding war like on the first night, however, so he wasn't rubbing the chicken all over before I won it, sadly enough. They gave me the chicken picture with Clay and the group picture that night (I almost wrote GROPE picture- whoops!) The other picture is from Saturday afternoon- I told my cousin ahead of time to stop me if I went up again for another picture- BUT.... they had lowered the price and the picture was with JUST CLAY, so how could I resist? I did restrain myself Saturday night, and didn't go up again.

A-hem...Laljeterfan...where and when was that last picture taken? You know, the one where's he's in different clothes and he's all sweaty looking and all. Was that a honeymoon shot? And I think you look adorable standing next to Clay in his wedding tux!

..Ok...so maybe not so sweaty, but just really, really content. The sweaty thing must have just been in my imagination...

OOOOOOHHHHH- the last picture is from a M&G in Canandaigua during last summer's concerts- but I like your version EVER so much BETTER!!!!

Did he autograph the chicken? If so, have you taken a picture of it? I'd love to see it.

He did autograph the chicken. Let me see if I can take a picture and get it uploaded.

Here you go: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/lal...0_0111-copy.jpg

It's not a great picture, but at the top it says: Laurie- Find your grail. Then his signature, then the date-18 April 2008. He had to ask me the date, and I didn't have a clue! the Aiken fog!!! That's my bouquet that I caught on Saturday evening with it!

laljeterfan, were you ever a Friends' fan? All I have running through my head right now is Phoebe singing Smelly Cat...only I keep substituting the word 'chicken'. If I keep this up I will be awake all night. lol

BWAH!!! Yeah, big Friends fan. I never thought of "Smelly Cat"- but I should have!

eeeeeeeeeeee Lajeterfan!! whooop

So my lurker friend (waves) called me tonight and mentioned the whole Broadway Cares Easter Bonnet Competition...and asked me was I going? HUH? DUH? Yeah I knew about the Srte-link-button.pngpamalot raising money thing but never followed the link so didn't realize you could buy tickets to an event for this whole competition.

I looked at the archives from last year and looked all kinds of fun so I bought a ticket. And they even have tickets for my budget $20. I may be at the back door, but hey I'm in. So for anybody that will be in the city on April 28th and the 29th..you can buy tickets here.

Look at the bottom left and there is a link to the archives from last year's event. That's what convinced me to go. I may get some entertainment from shows I can't afford to go see since I'm spending it all to see one particular show over and over.

I know I'm not skimming but I didn't see this mentioned.

Thanks for the picture of the chicken. Is there something sticking out it's bottom? Is that for roasting it over the fire?

Can you tell I like to ask questions?

~Paulette

Yeah, there seems to be a wooden dowel stuck up the chicken's butt, with some kind of metal thingy attached to it. It almost looks as if you would be able to screw the metal piece into another dowel- as if you were carrying it on a wooden stick or something. :cryingwlaughter: Never thought I'd get so much mileage out of a rubber chicken!

Are we going to get our FCA donation site for Broadway cares, or should I just give where ever?

So which day are you thinking of going, Couchie? Monday (possible Clay) or Tuesday - final totals? Or is it arranged some other way?

Ummm, Couchie...do you know there's a little green link icon sitting in the middle of your post? I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but being impulsive as I am, I tried to click on it to see what would happen....luckily, I didn't kill the board or anything....but now I'm just curious... :cryingwlaughter:

eeeeeeeeeeee Lajeterfan!! whooop

So my lurker friend (waves) called me tonight and mentioned the whole Broadway Cares Easter Bonnet Competition...and asked me was I going? HUH? DUH? Yeah I knew about the Spamalot raising money thing but never followed the link so didn't realize you could buy tickets to an event for this whole competition.

I looked at the archives from last year and looked all kinds of fun so I bought a ticket. And they even have tickets for my budget $20. I may be at the back door, but hey I'm in. So for anybody that will be in the city on April 28th and the 29th..you can buy tickets here.

Look at the bottom left and there is a link to the archives from last year's event. That's what convinced me to go. I may get some entertainment from shows I can't afford to go see since I'm spending it all to see one particular show over and over.

I know I'm not skimming but I didn't see this mentioned.

What a brilliant idea couchie!!

Ummm, Couchie...do you know there's a little green link icon sitting in the middle of your post? I wouldn't have even mentioned it, but being impulsive as I am, I tried to click on it to see what would happen....luckily, I didn't kill the board or anything....but now I'm just curious... :cryingwlaughter:

I thought it was just me seeing that. LOL.

Are we going to get our FCA donation site for Broadway cares, or should I just give where ever?

So which day are you thinking of going, Couchie? Monday (possible Clay) or Tuesday - final totals? Or is it arranged some other way?

Sorry didn;t have time to check it out...I guess people should just give if they want to. If someone wants to get this together just let us know if its not too late.

Thankful posted this at CV. I waited for her to post it here, but its too purdy and I am impatient!

Apparently she found it on Ebay. I wish she had posted a link because I couldn't find it!

clayaikenonmywayherewmhz0.jpg

I should have posted it here, too. I guess I was too busy asking chicken questions.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=007

bwah... hee don't ask me how I did that..but it was just a photo of the link button... bwah.

Play I bought a ticket for both days..if day one is great as it looks like it might be, then I'll go back. I actually splurged and bought one 40 ticket heh.

As for FCA Broadway Cares thingie.. I'm sorry just never got around to that. Hey, membership...anytime you feel we should be involved feel free to take the lead.

Already on ebay huh... looks purdy.