#30: Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken
    • "If I hear the term 'radio-friendly' one more time, I'm going to scream"
    • I'm ridiculously in love with the man & that's all there is to it.
    • "That will be an extra $50 for the butt squeeze!"
    • A snippet of Clay beats the hell out of the whole damn thing of anyone else!
    • Slovenia...who would a thunk it? I love Slovenia.
    • And if you strip away the friendly sweaters and smooth hair and charming smile, there's a feral creature underneath waiting to BITE you.
    • We've climbed on Mr. Aiken's Wild Ride!!!! Only this time it's an A Ticket!!!!
    • "You're doing GREAT!"
    • Clay Aiken is my high.
    • Clay Aiken is more punk then any of these groups.
    • "I still don't understand why people like my ass, I'm sorry!"

Hee, thanks for the reminder, FromClaygary. Watched the newest webisode on Gather, and checked out your profile, too. *g* Read through some of the comments about the BAF, etc. Nice not to see a bunch of shitty stuff there. Hope it stays that way.

I THINK this is new, but I'm hopelessly behind everywhere, so I'm not sure.

I know there was a 11 most successful idols slide show somewhere before, but I really think this is a new one.

12 most successful idols ever. Clay's the 4th slide, in his Sedaka Tribute outfit. Looks verra, verra nice!!! The text is really quite complimentary to him, and has a nice blurb about his new album.

http://cm.my.yahoo.com/

Take a look!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! liney23 my Kimmel ticket request converted and confirmed today too!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! liney23 my Kimmel ticket request converted and confirmed today too!!!

Hoping to knit/crochet with you in line again!!! And this time we'll have Solo and KAndre for company. *crossing fingers for a repeat of the Virgin CD signing*

I'm hooooooome!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

NYC, Ausdon & her adorable family, Spamalot, Junior's Devil's Food cheesecake and Clay Aiken - these are a few of my favorite things! :)

NYC, Ausdon & her adorable family, Spamalot, Junior's Devil's Food cheesecake and Clay Aiken - these are a few of my favorite things! :)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

WOOHOO!!!!! Can't wait to get your ENTIRE recap.

No pressure, though. *g*

My husband will ask me to throw money his way, and I blow him off.

:o UH.... :unsure: TMI? ldyjocelyn? :blush:

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

annabear, ausdon! I think it's sooooooo kewl that you guys got to meet in NYC! Clay brings the WORLD together! :clap:

Scarlett, et al--I'm counting on you all to represent FCA in the Kimmel line, 'kay? :lilredani: I'll be with y'all in spirit..

I'm HOME! Yipppeee! And my kids are actually glad to see me! :blink:

I think my entire recap will have to wait until I'm not so tired so that it's coherent. At this point, I think I'd sound like a certain guard we all know & love - iffiffumm, iffiffumm.... *g*

Highlights as I mentioned above - meeting Ausdon & her family Thurs. night was wonderful! I wish we'd been able to spend more time with them when we headed over to Junior's, but we'd been going non-stop since about 5:30 am and by 11:30 pm, Mommabear was about to fall over.

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up on Sat., cha cha! But I'm so happy you got your pic taken with Clay - I did too! EEEEEEEEEEE!!! Um, yes, I broke my 'no credit card' rule..... I didn't get the "butt squeeze" upcharge option, though! :cryingwlaughter:

How's this? Imagine Clay giving you one of his patented Aiken winks, nodding his head a bit and blowing you a little kiss...... :o No, unfortunately this did not happen to me, but that's what he did to Ms. Hannah Waddingham last night when the king announced that the pictures after the show would be with Sir Robin & the Lady of the Lake!

Funniest non-Spamalot moment of the trip? My mom & I walking up Broadway into the heart of Times Square. We walk into a Starbucks (they really are on every corner!), get a drink, walk back out into the droves of people walking down the street, standing off to the side. We're quiet for a few moments, just taking it all in. I make a profound statement about seeing how celebrities could could get around NY without being recognized, as there are so many people & they're all going about their own thing. My mom agrees. Just then, I look over to our left and say, "Oh, look! There's Jerome!" I dunno. Maybe you had to be there, maybe it was the travel exhaustion setting in, but at that moment the irony gave us a good case of the giggles! :lol:

BTW, I picked up extra copies of the cast signed $40 Playbills. I was going to scan one when I dropped my mom off, but forgot. They all signed pretty much in the same spot on each one - Clay signed in the middle, towards the left. I've got 3 left that aren't spoken for yet. I've also got extra copies of the regular Playbills, 5 I think. PM me if you're interested in either.

Just then, I look over to our left and say, "Oh, look! There's Jerome!" I dunno. Maybe you had to be there, maybe it was the travel exhaustion setting in, but at that moment the irony gave us a good case of the giggles! laugh.gif

Hee. I totally know how this feels. We saw him walking down 5th Ave by Central Park. I swear I wasn't looking at people at all and I just happened to look up and Jerome walks by. It was weird. LOL, so I know EXACTLY what you mean.

So does bottle. Hee.

Glad you had fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

Just then, I look over to our left and say, "Oh, look! There's Jerome!" I dunno. Maybe you had to be there, maybe it was the travel exhaustion setting in, but at that moment the irony gave us a good case of the giggles! laugh.gif

Hee. I totally know how this feels. We saw him walking down 5th Ave by Central Park. I swear I wasn't looking at people at all and I just happened to look up and Jerome walks by. It was weird. LOL, so I know EXACTLY what you mean.

So does bottle. Hee.

Ha!!! Maybe Clay is using Jerome as a decoy! :cryingwlaughter:

I guess the iTunes pre-order thing works. Not for me, but some people see it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to load the Pre-orders page.

The Bonus Track is called It's in Everyone of Us. Heh.

Supposedly on the main iTunes page, the box on the right is supposed to rotate to PreOrder... I'm still waiting. :lol:

Ok, I got the pre-orders page... but no Clay for me yet!

Wah.

eta... well crap, now it comes up, but it has an error when I try to pre-order! Heh, we crashed iTunes.

Yeah, I-tunes doesn't seem to be too user friendly. I was able to order mine, but it took a while to locate it. If you click on the pop genre, it will take you to a page that rotates through some banners, I couldn't find it but I hit my back key and there was his purdy picture looking at me. So that's WalMart-check and ITunes-check.

Well, I got to the page at least, but I still can't pre-order. Here's what it looks like:

th_iTunesPre-order.jpg

If you click Pop under Genres, the rotating banner eventually shows Clay's loverly face and a pre-order banner. Click that and you get this page ^^. I still can't order tho. Frigging Errors. :(

Oh lordy! There's an iTunes pre-order thingy going on NOW??? Can someone pleeeease catch me up on the latest & greatest opportunities to give Clay more of my money? Thanks! :kiss:

Oh lordy! There's an iTunes pre-order thingy going on NOW??? Can someone pleeeease catch me up on the latest & greatest opportunities to give Clay more of my money? Thanks! :kiss:

Annabear, the ITunes pre order just became available at midnite. It is one of the purchases that has an exclusive bonus track.

Quite a few people seem to be having trouble finding it but it is there.

YSRN, when I hit the preorder button the first time I got a message that the user agreements had changed and I had to accept them then it told me to hit the preorder again, but I never got an error message.

annabear - were you there Saturday night? In line!?? I must have seen you! (You weren't wearing a vintage shirt from Faye by any chance were you?) I'll show you my picture if you show me yours!! :D

Heading to itunes as soon as I post this to see if I can preorder the album....

And speaking of THE ALBUM.....

I made a page with a youtube of the snippets with some pretty pictures to look at! I had one up this morning but almost as soon as I put it up, youtube took down the vid! So here's hoping this one will stay for awhile.

http://claymatized.com/08onmywayhere7.htm

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :hugs-1:

Clayanne - I should have the answer to your question very soon!! Thanks for being patient!

I pre-ordered! But I have a question. IN the write up on the iTunes page, they called OMWH (the song)...'emotionally threadbare'...

What does that MEAN?

Yeah.

And this?

"...destined to be played at every Homecoming dance or graduation ceremony from here to Calcutta."

Huh??

ETA: Thanks, atinal! I just mosied on over to iTunes, clicked on the pretty picture & it said I supposedly pre-ordered. Seems too easy....

Well, we were around the area Sat. night, cha cha, but ended up buying another pair of tix for Sun. night instead. Boy am I glad we did since Rick & Hannah were back!

Emotionally threadbare -- to me it means exposing raw, naked emotion, without fluff.

I think it's an acknowledgment of the sincerity coming through in Clay's delivery of the song. It's a good thing.

ETA: I googled the term and the first thing that came up was this review from Lycos Music about an album entitled, "O.V. Wright - Giant Of Southern Soul 1965-1975":

Some of the most emotionally threadbare Southern soul ever recorded....This collection sees easily his best work, released on CD for the first time in the UK and shouldn't be missed..."

Hoping to knit/crochet with you in line again!!! And this time we'll have Solo and KAndre for company. *crossing fingers for a repeat of the Virgin CD signing*

Scarlett... KAndre... Can I meet yous guys??? Can I???

I pre-ordered! But I have a question. IN the write up on the iTunes page, they called OMWH (the song)...'emotionally threadbare'...

What does that MEAN?

Yeah.

And this?

"...destined to be played at every Homecoming dance or graduation ceremony from here to Calcutta."

Huh??

anna... muski.... what it means is the person who wrote the description is one of the too cool for school kids who thinks Clay didn't have enough emotion in the song (threadbare means nothing there to me), yet it is emotionally connective enough for all the not cool people who will want it to be played at homecoming/graduation all over the world. Idjit!!!

keeping... I like your definition better than mine. LOL Since we saw so differently, I'd have to say I don't know what the reviewer meant by "emotionally threadbare." OK, if something is threadbare, there is nothing between the person and what's underneath the bare threads... very little separating between them. How you continue that analogy is beyond me. Obviously, the reviewer chose words that meant something to them, but are definitionally threadbare. LOL