#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Yeah, I used to be a member, but they reset everything and had everyone apply again.

I am thinking it is a good thing a verbose person won the walk on part - those are many many details to impart. It could have only been better if K'Andre wrote it. That version would include the various lascivious acts of some of the back stage men and "take off" sssues of more than one kind.

quick remark to say that some of us don't get access to the pix site. Some of us have applied many many times and bupkis.

And others of us used to be members but can't for the life of them remember their username and password. And my email addresses say there is no such user. Hmmmmm......

I was actually a member there once too, and now I can't get in. Does anyone now how they get their pictures? Always kind of bothered me that one site has exclusive pictures and you have to be a member to see them.

Kim

Yah, Spot did a good recap. Apparently there are a few more but I haven't found them. I don't go to CH and I guess that's where she posts them first.

I can get into ClayAiken.Pix.....I think they probably have subscriptions to all the newswire accounts...

cindilu2 and luckiest1 are in da house!!!

Couchie, where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuu????? EEEEEE!!! So looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing our hunka hunka again in just a couple hours. Did I mention...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

quick remark to say that some of us don't get access to the pix site. Some of us have applied many many times and bupkis.

And others of us used to be members but can't for the life of them remember their username and password. And my email addresses say there is no such user. Hmmmmm......

I was actually a member there once too, and now I can't get in. Does anyone now how they get their pictures? Always kind of bothered me that one site has exclusive pictures and you have to be a member to see them.

Kim

Back on March 1, our own Meesa posted here, saying:

Clayaikenpix.com will be open for registration this morning at 10 AM Pacific time. We're accepting 300 more users. If you sign up and use a different name please pm so I know who it is. I'll approve you!

So, this round of registrations seems to have passed, but by all means, keep trying as new rounds of registration arise. Maybe send a PM. And don't think for a minute that it's personal. For such high-res pictures, bandwidth must be an expen$ive consideration and the administrators have been generous, even though they understandably can't accommodate everyone. If the site were open to "all", I imagine they'd quickly go broke, what with hot-linking and all. It's a wonderful place to browse, so don't give up on the registration process. I imagine their inbox stays full with requests.

I haven't been able to save the newest pictures to share with anyone else, but I'll keep trying. :)

What an exciting and yet bittersweet weekend. So many FCAs in NYC! The ClayNation has taiken over Manhattan! :cryingwlaughter:

I am going to the cd release party in LA. Last time was a disappointing bust, so I'm counting on having a good time this time! 47 cdr parties this time. Down from before, but many are in NYC for theirs plus some, like Houston, got so burned out last time that they didn't do it this time. It takes a lot of work and patience and thick-skinnedness.

I know one of the people doing the NYC cdr party and she has been working her tail off...

Berkeley over at CH said:

I will always be grateful to all of the people who broke their backs putting together these noteworthy events. I think they helped Clay's public profile tremendously, especially in the early days. He may not be at superstar level at present, but he's a career artist now. Everyone who has supported him has played a part in that.

I haven't been able to save the newest pictures to share with anyone else, but I'll keep trying. :)

I know Meesa would respond if she were here, but I happen to know that she right now is standing in line, along with thousands of others, waiting for an autograph session with the college basketball National Champion Kansas Jayhawks! :clap: How do I know this? Cause I was supposed to be there with her, but decided that only for our boyfriend do I stand in line, in the cold, for more than 10 hours . . . :)

Anyway, about being able to save pics at clayaikenpix.com: Meesa mentioned to me a week or so ago that saving pics had been disabled because of the way some of the pics had been showing up in blends, etc, which is a no-no with their Admin. I was just there last night, drooling over the Clannah pics, and that is still the case.

I haven't posted for awhile but am lurking - hello to all! :F_05BL17blowkiss: and what was the first wonderful post I saw when I logged in this morning? Our daily countdown from my friend, the delightful Aikim! Like a breath of fresh air! Thank you so much for keeping us updated!

I'll be at a CDR party in Wichita on Monday night. Just a small group of us this time after blow-outs for the others. After picking up our CD's at midnight, Meesa and I will hop in the car for our hour-long ride home and have our first real complete listen to OMWH. I think I'm looking forward to that most of all - tears, squeals, and not breathing are anticipated.

PuddinsJoy! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Don't be a stranger!

Madly cleaning my house right now in between checking the boards...weather kind of sucks so no gardening this week-end. I am so anxious to get my garden, hoping for next week-end.

Kim

Seeing all over the boards where OMWH has been leaked and people are downloading it! I'm as anxious as the next fan to have that music in my hands but I will not cheat Clay out of his 5 cents or whatever he makes on a CD - not to mention the tally of CDs sold! Theory is only CDs with a buzz would be leaked. Who knows. Not sure why people feel they have to do this when you only have to wait a few more days - not to mention we have snippets, Slovenian snippets, QVC, etc.

I'm guessing the matinee attendees are in their seats or are filing in to the theatre. :cry4: I'm jealous! Supposed to get a call after the matinee.....will have to live vicariously!

Hi Puddinsjoy. I'm glad you clarified the issue with saving pics off that site. I've tried and couldn't!!! Figured I was doing something wrong.

I have no desire to download the CD either; haven't listened to the snippets, have only heard what was on QVC; but I am perfectly content to wait until Monday to hear the whole thing; kind of makes me sad that some aren't. But to each his own.

Kim

I ran across a few blogs with links to download the CD... personally I think anyone invested enough to seek out and d/l an early leaked copy will definitely be buying the (probably multiples) CD anyway, so I don't think it's too much of a big deal. All albums leak early. I'm surprised this one took so long actually.

I'm starting to feel a little jellus of the lucky Spam-goers this weekend too. I can't believe it's over when it just started.

Have fun, everyone!!

I'm gonna go enjoy the weekend... the weather is perfect here and I have trees that need planting!

I ran across a few blogs with links to download the CD... personally I think anyone invested enough to seek out and d/l an early leaked copy will definitely be buying the (probably multiples) CD anyway, so I don't think it's too much of a big deal. All albums leak early. I'm surprised this one took so long actually.

I'm starting to feel a little jellus of the lucky Spam-goers this weekend too. I can't believe it's over when it just started.

Have fun, everyone!!

I'm gonna go enjoy the weekend... the weather is perfect here and I have trees that need planting!

YRSN... I love you... you're planting trees! I love people who plant trees! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Have a joyous time! I hope you're right about the downloading the cd early. He'll need all the sales he can get. Hopefully, this will create a little bit more buzz cause I just know it's GOOD!

I'm so happy for Clay right now. The Spamalot run has been unbelievable, but I'm ready for it to be over and get on with OMWH and Clay all over my TV. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I think the 4 month run was perfect for Clay's debut on Broadway. He got his feet wet, was able to stretch and surprise himself, and now he has garnered credibility and respect -- and what's more he was a popular success. I'll bet the cast will be sorry to see him go. I had a daydream moment of Clay returning one day to play King Arthur. He could kill on All Alone.

I wrote earlier about my encounter with the Spamalot fan who works at the neighborhood Starbucks. When he heard me tell the cashier I was on my way to NY to see Spamalot he walked over to tell me what a big Spamalot fan he is -- and that he saw it last year on Broadway, and has the soundtrack in his car. He told me that "Clay Aiken is in Spamalot now" and I gave him the old "do tell? you mean the American Idol guy?" response. When I saw him again this week I went over to tell him how much I loved Spamalot, and he asked me "How was Clay Aiken?" I of course told him that Clay was hilarious and fantastic in the part of Robin and that the entire cast was incredibly funny and talented. I didn't want to make my comments completely Claycentric, but HIS response was ... "I read where he was really good in it and I wish I could have seem him." Another guy behind the counter asked him, "Who?" and he said, rather loudly, "Clay Aiken, he's in Spamalot on Broadway now." The dude, mid-twenties and a typical Starbucks barrista, must have said Clay Aiken ten times before I got out of there.

Next week I'm asking him if he has the new Clay Aiken CD.

Here's one for you, YSRN, one of my favorites. Although the age doesn't fit, other lines, :cryingwlaughter: :

They Mock Me for Planting Trees at My Age

Seventy, and still planting trees...

Don't laugh at me, my friends.

Of course I know I'm going to die.

I also know I'm not dead yet.

by Yuan Mei, trans. J.P. Seaton

I just got an email from Walmart telling me my CD with bonus has shipped!

I now have this stupid grin on my face!!!!! It is finally on its way here!

Could I be more excited....No!!!!

I'm not stressing counts of any kind. It will sell what it does and I'm not worried because Clay is going to be around a long time.

I just got an email from Walmart telling me my CD with bonus has shipped!

I now have this stupid grin on my face!!!!! It is finally on its way here!

Could I be more excited....No!!!!

I'm not stressing counts of any kind. It will sell what it does and I'm not worried because Clay is going to be around a long time.

Thanks merrieeee! Running off to check email!!

eta - EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Me too!!

:woohoo: I got an e-mail from Wal-Mart that my CD has shipped!

Kim

Me threeeeeeeeeeeeee or fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr or whatever number we're up to. For some reason - this makes it real to know it's in the mail! OMG.

Next week I'm asking him if he has the new Clay Aiken CD.

Love it!

I got e-mails from Walmart and Amazon - eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No tracking available from Walmart, but the Amazon package was picked up in Delaware today at around 12:30. I wish I knew where the Walmart facility is. I'd love to get a CD in the mail a day early this year, since my local store is not likely to have the CD out at midnight and iTunes might not get that pre-order link up by midnight either. Whenever it comes....it won't be long now!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...as for the links with the free DL of OMWH...I just went to check some out...most don't have comments yet, but I saw this and said to myself.., 'umm, ok!' It does show you the good that was Spamalot, both for Clay to stretch professionally, and for people who never thought they'd listen, "I mean, it is Clay Aiken!" Hee.

posted by anonymous:

I can't believe I downloaded this, I mean, it is Clay Aiken! I saw him last month in Spamalot though and the guy wasn't bad so I thought I'd give it a try. I will let you know what I thought after I listen.

I need to remember that blog and revisit to hear what anonymous has to say. :cryingwlaughter:

I got my shipping notice from WalMart too EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm thinking of getting an external hard drive for my laptop. I'm not looking for one with lots and lots of memory, I'm thinking about 160GB (I don't save as much Clack as some of you ahem, kandre). I was wondering if any of you have recommendations as to brand?

KAndre tries to wrap her mind around the notion of having less than a TB of clack, sprains her brain and stops thinking in such apocalyptic ways...

But the 500GB are only a hundred bucks! Shoot, you can get a 250 for $80! It's fiscally responsible to buy a giant hard drive and save everything to it!

KAndre tries to wrap her mind around the notion of having less than a TB of clack, sprains her brain and stops thinking in such apocalyptic ways...

But the 500GB are only a hundred bucks! Shoot, you can get a 250 for $80! It's fiscally responsible to buy a giant hard drive and save everything to it!

I think I knew you were going to say that!!!! :cryingwlaughter: Yeah, I thought of you when I saw the terrabyte ones. Do you have any recomendations on brand?