#31: The Very Handsome Sir Clay of Aiken

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title Poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man with the titanium balls - and the voice to back them up!
    • OMG, chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills chills
    • They are seeing what WE see ? a brilliant, intelligent, and genuinely funny and lovely man.
    • Clay Aiken, I love your mad talented, tender-hearted, freakin' Broadway star, soul!
    • I'm totally jonesing for Clay Aiken's voice right now. God! I need to be sedated.
    • I could listen to that Raleigh son rattle on all day long. He makes me smile.
    • The whole damn thing was perfect!

Back from the show and you know, I haven't given those delusional bitches a second thought since the whole fake Clay story broke but damn they completely ruined my friend's first Spam show tonight. They flew 3000 miles to see the show, paid all that money for tickets and have to listen to Baby Mama and Mix N Jude talking all through the fucking show? If they want to think they are the love of Clay's life, or his bestest friend (although for the life of me if that were the case I don't understand the need for them to be at the stage door with the common folk) that is their business, and Jerome's (thank god for him) but I really feel for the people whose experience they will ruin over the next few days.

Loved the show tonight. Picked up some things I missed the first time around. Really love Patsy and of course my Hannah love knows no bounds. Spot did her job admirably. And Clay was really funny tonight... I seemed to hear more of his parts tonight..love the guard scene and his fascination with his ribbons. I get to see this two more times and am really looking forward to it. I'm really proud of him. You know, I never really ever have my doubts or worry over his performances but HE actually made me nervous with his blogs before Spam started. I can only imagine how intense rehearsals were and how sore he was from using parts of his body he never used before. But he did it and it really is a triumph. And I have no doubt that one of these days he'll do it again.

Waves to Clayzedover who I saw tonight and AAIT who I also met as well as ClaySTO from the CH. Playbiller bravely found her way to my friend's house in Jersey. Whooo hoooo and it only took one pizza man to guide us along the way. heh. Fear and her husband were also great company and you no, if they ever need a replacement for Patsy, Fear's husband can sang and he has his song down hee.

Tomorrow, Yankee Stadium!!

Couchie - glad you're having a good time but I'm sorry your friend had to be exposed to FBM and crew. I wonder what they're going to do with their time when Clay leaves Spam. There have been quite a few reports of them disrupting the show for the people around them with their texting, talking, etc. How embarassing for Clay - I hope he can't hear it!

It's been a verra verra long day. Apparently I've made some enemies. I'm sorry for that. I guess there are different levels of expressing one's opinion that are acceptable and not acceptable.

I'm not argumentative by nature. I come to the internet for Clay - and Clay only! I don't have a hidden agenda and I don't try to cause unrest with my posts.

And on that note - goodnight FCA. Pleasant dreams!

Not an enemy here! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Loved the show tonight. Picked up some things I missed the first time around. Really love Patsy and of course my Hannah love knows no bounds. Spot did her job admirably. And Clay was really funny tonight... I seemed to hear more of his parts tonight..love the guard scene and his fascination with his ribbons. I get to see this two more times and am really looking forward to it. I'm really proud of him. You know, I never really ever have my doubts or worry over his performances but HE actually made me nervous with his blogs before Spam started. I can only imagine how intense rehearsals were and how sore he was from using parts of his body he never used before. But he did it and it really is a triumph. And I have no doubt that one of these days he'll do it again.

Thanks for checking in couchie! Glad you enjoyed your show! I originally asked what the bolded part meant, but I am gathering from a v.v. quick perusal of the CH that spotlighlover was on stage or something? Can someone please explain? I am assuming that maybe it's the walk on role that was auctioned, but I may be way off base........TIA.

I just watched the All Access videos, so cool that we have video to go along with (most of) the audio. Too bad they skipped the "I don't know why they like my ass" part. I was hoping to deduce whether he literally or figuratively meant his "ass" by the expression on his face..........or maybe the look in his eyes. :cryingwlaughter:

I have no idea what's going on in the Clay Nation elsewhere, except what is brought over here, so I thank everyone who keeps us updated. No time! Still haven't finished packing! And we are less than 24 hours from departure. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Unfortunately, I have to work May 6th. Not only will I be exhausted from the whirlwind NYC trip, but I will have stayed up late to get OMWH from iTunes and probably listened to it a few times, so I hope I don't have to do anything too meticulous that day. I will be a tad distracted!

I can't get the new songs that were previewed on QVC out of my head. Over and over they go.........right now it's SAU. But I am curious about this "well now" that's killing people from EIDN. Freaking love that song! Off to listen just one more time.....

I am gathering from a v.v. quick perusal of the CH that spotlighlover was on stage or something? Can someone please explain? I am assuming that maybe it's the walk on role that was auctioned, but I may be way off base........TIA.

Spot won the walk-on role 'spot' (heh) in the auction and did her thang as the Holy Hand Grenade-in-the-box-toting monk onstage last night! :clap: She did a "spotcert" afterwards last night and will no doubt write a recap 'soon'. Short story is that she had a fuckin' blast and evidently Clay sauntered over twice while backstage during the play to chat with her and she got to go back onstage for the finale, too!

man...now THAT'S kewl. :clap:

Huh? It's only 4 am my time, you say? Why, so it is! :lilredani: I'm leaving on an early jet plane soon to head east to CG and then to NYC and Clay and lurker friend and Couchie and other wondrous Clay-given friends! :yess: I don't even give a hoot that the weather forecast is rain, rain, rain for the weekend! :manynanas: This is CLAY we're talkin' 'bout, y'all! :DoClay:

Oh, and if those psycho broads end up near ME with their psycho texting and talking and whatnot, I swear...I'm pleading temporary insanity when I'm asked to appear later in court to defend my actions and that's all I'm sayin' 'bout THAT for now. :wasntme::happens:

Now...off to take about half of what I packed last night OUT of my ONE CARRY ON PIECE OF LUGGAGE. :whistling-1: so that I can actually...you know, carry it on. :lilredani:

Thanks for checking in couchie! Glad you enjoyed your show! I originally asked what the bolded part meant, but I am gathering from a v.v. quick perusal of the CH that spotlighlover was on stage or something? Can someone please explain? I am assuming that maybe it's the walk on role that was auctioned, but I may be way off base........TIA.

You're not off base luckiest1...spot was the 'walk on role,' the fourth monk. She was the one who brought the Holy Hand-Grenade of Antioch out on stage near the end. Apparently the experience was wonderful. The backstage people treated her beautifully and Clay had a chance to visit and talk with her alittle during the show. She will be recapping later. Here was her post just after the show...

This will be VERY quick as I'm a little - no, a LOT - verklempt right now.

I'm so overwhelmed by all my good NEW friends backstage at Spamalot.

I'm so overwhelmed by all my good OLD (no, not THAT kind of old) friends in Clay fandom. Especially GBB and artquest. They know why. Probably everybody does, I haven't had time to catch up.

I may never get the grin off my face or the moisture out of my eyes. If I had spent $100,000 on this -- it would be worth every dollar.

You guys are the best. The Spam cast/crew/staff are the best. I could die now a very happy woman.

But you beyotches want more Clack and you're not letting me go that easy, are you.

I promise many, many, MANY backstage details. Way more than you're going to want. Promise. QUITE soon. Ha.

Oh, Clay talked to me backstage a couple of times. Like a regular person. We had real conversations and everything, after we got past the what's-yer-name-where-ya-from. Really. I'm not lying. Color me shocked.

Details. Soon.

They brought her on during curtain calls also. Very nice.

Or what muski said on top of me there ^^^ (hee....you're on top :P) Have funnnnnn in NY!!!

Couchie...thanks for your recap!...

I'm really proud of him. You know, I never really ever have my doubts or worry over his performances but HE actually made me nervous with his blogs before Spam started. I can only imagine how intense rehearsals were and how sore he was from using parts of his body he never used before. But he did it and it really is a triumph. And I have no doubt that one of these days he'll do it again.

As they say, 'from your lips to God's ears'. I feel pretty much the same.

Sorry for your friends. Life is full of assholes...you just always hope you don't have to sit next to one of them, you know?

Or what muski said on top of me there ^^^ (hee....you're on top )

A verra, verra nice place to be (when I'm not in danger of crushing the one on bottom...heh :cryingwlaughter: )

Later, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss: My next message will be from Claygasm's abode... :imgtongue:

sheknows.com

Clay Aiken Gets Personal! A Sheknows Interview

Clay Aiken gets personal, a SheKnows interview

Claymates rejoyce!

Joel D Amos

Clay Aiken will be returning to the top spots of the album charts when “On My Way Here” is released May 6. That much is a certainty. The American Idol runner up is ready to get first new material to his fans since his 2003 debut, “Measure of a Man” went twice platinum.

In 2006, Aiken released “A Thousand Different Ways,” a record of songs made famous by other people. “On My Way Here” allows Aiken to get his sound out to an audience that has been hungering for original Aiken in five years.

He walked off of the “American Idol” stage during its second season as its runner-up and set the standard for success outside the top spot on the Fox phenomenon.

Since that famed singing competition made him a household name, Aiken has transcended pop to not only conquer the charts, but become the king of Christmas touring and an expert in Monty Python’s regal attitudes and had his hair lighten by just a few shades.

Aiken’s return as pop music performer will have to suffice solely on CD for his fans.

The singer is spending his summer at a North Carolina home he barely knows. This relaxed summer sojourn home is a welcomed one for an artist who has not had a vacation since Ryan Seacrest uttered “You’re ‘American Idol’ is…Ruben Studdard.”

Awaiting a spa treatment in his Manhattan apartment, Aiken had a few moments to talk as he prepared for his nightly turn on the Broadway stage in “Spamalot.” The title track of his latest finds a man who has found learned lessons the most valuable aspect of adding up birthdays.

SheKnows: You’ve had a few records out since the closest “American Idol” vote in its seven seasons, how are your expectations for “On My Way Here” different as opposed to your Christmas album, cover record or the debut CD?

Clay Aiken: I do feel bad saying this, but I’ll admit it anyway. I guess there is an excitement when an album comes out, let me say that. Am I as excited as I was the very first time? No, of course not, the first time you do anything is always more exciting. This time, I have been honestly so busy I’ve had almost no time to think about anything. But you know, every time we get something new in – we just got in the album packaging in – it makes it a little more exciting each time. And when I’m talking to people like yourself about it, that I’ve been able to make a product that is more personal than in the past. That is exciting, you know?

SheKnows: Having people hear this material that you’ve been working so hard on, that part does not change.

Clay Aiken: Oh, no. That’s always thrilling. Even with the last album it was nice because we were mandated to do something that we might not have chosen to do on our own. But I feel we took lemons and made lemonade. (laughs) This time, it’s something that Jaymes Foster and Ryan (Tedder), have thought of as our puppy, our baby from the beginning. It’s very personal.

SheKnows: With this record, having been so long between original material, were there songs that didn’t make the cut that you may revisit later?

Clay Aiken: That’s a very good idea as a matter of fact. I had not thought of that, thank you.

SheKnows: You’re welcome!

Clay Aiken: Hey, don’t ask for credit, (laughs). The songs we didn’t put on the record, it might not be a bad idea to give them a shot later on. We actually found “On My Way Here” and it has such a great message -- experiences in your life that make you who you are. Things people do, see or know that make them grow up, mature. I love this song so much I wanted to make the whole album talk about this concept. I saw a lot of great songs, but they didn’t fit that feel. I suppose there is a real possibility that they could be used later. There were a few songs that we recorded, but at the end of the day, it wasn’t what we were trying to say. They ended up being dumped.

SheKnows: Heading out into the summer season that is famous for touring, you’re releasing an album May 6, millions of fans want to know -- are you hitting the road?

Clay Aiken: We’re not touring actually. I have not had two days off in a row since I don’t know when. I know since September, between the Christmas tour, and then I did a UNICEF trip to Mexico, I came straight from there to New York to do rehearsals for “Spamalot.” I’m in “Spamalot” until May 4 and then I’ll take the fifth off and then from then on we’ll be promoting the new album for a few weeks straight. But after that, I’m going to sit down for a little bit.

SheKnows: Yes, I would think so.

Clay Aiken: I’m going to just sit. To be honest, I haven’t had any time off in the summer in five years. There was the ‘Idol’ tour, and then I toured on my own the next two years straight. The three years after that I have been steadily on the road during the summer. I’m interested in seeing what North Carolina’s like during the summer. I’ve forgotten.

SheKnows: Your foray into Broadway, how did the experience of doing eight shows a week help you in your mind as far as your future as a musician? Is there anything you learned about yourself?

Clay Aiken: There’s the fact I learned I could do more than I thought I could. Without question, it’s been an experience to push me to do things I don’t know how to do. It’s six to one, half-dozen to another when it comes to the schedule of a Broadway tour versus a tour. With a Broadway show, you obviously are doing the same thing eight times a week, every night of the week and twice on the weekends. There’s no stress and the process is always the same. The benefit to it versus tour is I’m in the same place every night. I don’t have to change cities. I get to sleep in a bed every night. There’s no pressure on me so much to make the show. “Spamalot” is not on my shoulders. On tour, the show’s all me. My name’s on the ticket. But, with touring, it’s only four or five shows a week.

SheKnows: What’s it been like for the Southern gentleman in New York City?

Clay Aiken: I didn’t think I would like it as much as I have. Every situation has its pros and cons. I miss hearing birds. I miss having a place for my dogs to run. I ended up having to send them home because they’ve grown up with yards. They didn’t understand the concrete jungle. At the same time, when I get home this summer in North Carolina, I have no doubt in my mind that I will miss the fact the grocery store is open all night literally five steps away from my apartment.

SheKnows: Yes, ah, New York City.

Clay Aiken: I will miss that. I just went to get lunch. Literally it was five minutes there and back -- pros and cons. Yet, I’ve got my house that I’ve lived in for two years and I’ve never spent a summer in it. I’ve never had that privilege. Yes, it will be nice to sit on the patio in the backyard. I’m going to get to spend time being at home.

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

4 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

5 Days until Clay is on GMA!

6 Days until Clay is on The View!

7 Days until Clay is on The Today Show!

10 Days until Leno!

14 Days until The Climmel!

17 Days until Craig Ferguson!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yet, I’ve got my house that I’ve lived in for two years and I’ve never spent a summer in it. I’ve never had that privilege.

Yes, he did it. He finally made me feel happy that there's no summer tour. Ok, maybe not 'happy', but I'm ok with it now. The man just wants to sit in his backyard and watch the dogs run. How can you argue with that?

I love this song so much I wanted to make the whole album talk about this concept.

And this I believe is why OMWH is the first single. He loves it, folks. Plain and simple.

Doesn't sound like there will much of a "second wave" of promotion either.

If there is no radio, as good as this CD may be, I suspect it will slowly wither on the vine.

But you never know. I could be wrong - and frequently am!

Iseeme - no enemies here. It is allowed to speak your mind and even disagree with every single person here and no one will hate you.

Well, maybe not no one. There are a few who hate me after all! :imgtongue:

Woo Hoo! Muski is winging her way east! She and I and my lurker friend get to go to cool, rainy (off and on) NY tomorrrow and play with Clay! :04:

Yay for Spot, but I am so jealous I could spit!!!!!! Oh to have money! That was the only one of the auction items I would have wanted and if I had money I would have outbid her come hell or high water!

Its a bitch being poor and getting poor by the minute. Thanks Clay! <_<

I think I am really, really, really, really glad there will be no tour. If there is to be a tour, I really, really, really, really hope its not until '09. I know that's an unpopular opinion - and a totally selfish one - but by then maybe I will be able to afford to go see him!

Off to get ready for work. Have to leave a little early to go pick-up muski at the airport!! :lilredani:

Yet, I've got my house that I've lived in for two years and I've never spent a summer in it. I've never had that privilege.

Yes, he did it. He finally made me feel happy that there's no summer tour. Ok, maybe not 'happy', but I'm ok with it now. The man just wants to sit in his backyard and watch the dogs run. How can you argue with that?

The short answer? You can't! I'm v. v. happy for him.

I bet Ryan (Tedder) is quite surprised to know how hard he worked on the CD though. Yeah, Kipper... Tedder.... that's the same thing. Gawd, does nobody proofread these things? Just something as simple as the producer of the album and they can't get it right. Which is why I just don't believe most of what I read any more. And I will bet real money right now that Mr. Aiken's Summer Vacation (aka: nap) won't last as long as he says (or we think). I don't see a tour before Christmas, but I don't see him doing 'nothing' either.

FBM and Co., yapping throughout the performance? That's what handbags are for, no? Heh. Seriously - why don't people ask the theatre folks to tell them to shut up? Or the people whom they are disturbing? I had a kid bouncing/standing on the seat in front of me during one of my shows (balcony seat) and asked his mother to look after him. She did. It wasn't difficult.

Back from the show and you know, I haven't given those delusional bitches a second thought since the whole fake Clay story broke but damn they completely ruined my friend's first Spam show tonight. They flew 3000 miles to see the show, paid all that money for tickets and have to listen to Baby Mama and Mix N Jude talking all through the fucking show? If they want to think they are the love of Clay's life, or his bestest friend (although for the life of me if that were the case I don't understand the need for them to be at the stage door with the common folk) that is their business, and Jerome's (thank god for him) but I really feel for the people whose experience they will ruin over the next few days.

Glad you're having a good time, Couchie!

Re the above: serious question here~why wouldn't your friends, at the intermission or for that matter, while this is going on~ask for an usher and make a complaint? This type of behavior at ANY theatre is usually grounds for a stern talking-to at least from a staff member. I'm curious as to why this does not seem to happen, or if a complaint is made, do they just ignore it and carry on? We weren't close enough to them at our shows (TG) to see....

ETA: or what cindilu2 said, quicker :lol: Us Canadians may be seen as polite (we're not), but we also know how to appropriately complain. :lol:

Oh they told them to be quiet, several people did....so they resorted to "whispering."

soooooooooooooooooooooo I can't believe how fast this week has gone by. I've been having a great time every day. Heading out for the day.

I bet Ryan (Tedder) is quite surprised to know how hard he worked on the CD though. Yeah, Kipper... Tedder.... that's the same thing. Gawd, does nobody proofread these things? Just something as simple as the producer of the album and they can't get it right. Which is why I just don't believe most of what I read any more.

I am getting more confused by the moment. I can understand the writer getting Kipper and Tedder mixed up if they both had the same first name, but it looks like Clay said Ryan. (the writer assumed Tedder) I thought Kippers' real name was Mark...? If that's the case, it wouldn't be the writer's fault for that faux pas. What am I not getting?

Well I'm assuming that the writer is going by notes (or audio - whatever) - and I don't believe Clay would have mixed up Ryan and Kipper when talking about how the CD is 'their puppy'. I would guess Clay talked about all of them (Ryan in the context of his song becoming the concept of the album) and the writer just made a mistake.

General announcement: You have to earn a spot on my enemies list, chicks. I'm afraid no one here has made the grade.

So far I am excessively fond of 99.9% of one Clay's Aiken's music - but I am looking forward to the day when I only have one 30 second song on my mix CD (Give a Little Bit - Hey! If anyone on TC is lurking, gimme the rest of it. Thankyooverramuch.)

Well I'm assuming that the writer is going by notes (or audio - whatever) - and I don't believe Clay would have mixed up Ryan and Kipper when talking about how the CD is 'their puppy'. I would guess Clay talked about all of them (Ryan in the context of his song becoming the concept of the album) and the writer just made a mistake.

Perhaps, but I guess that's a lot of assuming for me. lol. I don't know. It probably would have been something I would have thought the interviewer would have questioned...but, for me me it goes into the, 'who knows' file. :)

Perhaps, but I guess that's a lot of assuming for me. lol. I don't know. It probably would have been something I would have thought the interviewer would have questioned...but, for me me it goes in the, 'who knows' file. :)

Heheh, yeah, cuz we know how important accuracy in the media is :imgtongue: I'm more willing to believe the writer didn't pay enough attention than that Clay mis-spoke that Kipper, not Tedder produced his CD.

Mostly, I was just trying for a little snark. Guess it's too early for that. *reaches for more coffee*

Perhaps, but I guess that's a lot of assuming for me. lol. I don't know. It probably would have been something I would have thought the interviewer would have questioned...but, for me me it goes in the, 'who knows' file. :)

Heheh, yeah, cuz we know how important accuracy in the media is :imgtongue: I'm more willing to believe the writer didn't pay enough attention than that Clay mis-spoke that Kipper, not Tedder produced his CD.

Mostly, I was just trying for a little snark. Guess it's too early for that. *reaches for more coffee*

cindilu, you may very well be correct, whatever time of day it is for you. Production does seem to be more of the 'feel' of the comment, however I've just learned over the last few years that I assume too much....so, I've tried to stop doing it.

...and I don't think production was ever mentioned...just the material.

SheKnows: Having people hear this material that you’ve been working so hard on, that part does not change.

Clay Aiken: Oh, no. That’s always thrilling. Even with the last album it was nice because we were mandated to do something that we might not have chosen to do on our own. But I feel we took lemons and made lemonade. (laughs) This time, it’s something that Jaymes Foster and Ryan (Tedder), have thought of as our puppy, our baby from the beginning. It’s very personal.

muski, CG, lurker friend, perma, couchie, and other assorted FCAers gracing Broadway with their presence this weekend...

HAVE FUN!!!

I don't know Spotlightlover, except for her clack, but her recap of this whole experience is a riot! She is seriously funny about it and yet you can totally get her excitement. Can't wait to hear the rest of her story.

Iseeme... :F_05BL17blowkiss: This is a fabu place to be yourself and still be accepted... sorta like the Broadway of the boards... hehe (I was talking about the way Clay has been accepted by Broadway just the way he is, not that we are the best of the boards... oh, wait, I think we are the best of the boards... :cryingwlaughter:

On that interview, either Clay misspoke or the interviewer got his notes mixed up. No biggee except to Tedder's cool image if it gets around that he helped produce a cd that is smaltzy... :cryingwlaughter:

I am still listening to and enjoying The Prayer. I'm staying away from all snippets and/or QVC performances until after next Tuesday. Is anyone here going to the LA CD release party... I'd like to meet you if so.