#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

I will also add that to all members of the FCA who have come on in the last year - I appreciate you. I'm not one that will ever say that's the good old days because boards evolve and change and grow. I think this one has done so organically and I love it as much as ever. When boards don't grow they get stagnant. And this isn't some new feeling I have because this is now my home. First week at the CH and many times over the years, I responded every time it got into the "I miss the good old days when we were funny and things were better. It's kind of insulting and can't make anyone new feel like they belong and are appreciated. I've always felt that way wherever I've been. So, I am glad you're here.

Thank you! If there's one thing that's pissed me off, it's been the posts that point out that the board dynamic has changed - and not necessarily for the good - as new people have joined. It hasn't just been today, but has been mentioned before as well. And it makes people like me who are still relatively new, having just joined in Dec., feel oooh sooo welcome and like we want to contribute to the conversation. Only not. But, hey, I'm stubborn and I keep posting anyway.

And I also agree that getting to know someone in person gives you a totally different perspective of them. That happened for me last year with Claygasm and this year with keeping faith. Last year I didn't know annabear, this year she was a potential serial killer and now we've slept together. There are some regulars on this board that I don't speak to much but I so enjoy their everyday contributions. I try to convey that to them but may fall short. I think sometimes I'm only thinking that but never tell them directly. That's something I can change. And there are some people pop in now and then I always notice or those that left that I miss. I saw Puddins Joy name at the botton last week and got a big smile. I miss her around here. I didn't tell her that or pm her. Anyway, food for thought.

:cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And as for not knowing how "colorful and funny" a particularly poster is, well, hell - I'm funny as all shit in person. Still a complete and total bitch, but FUNNNNY. I've met a fair number of those on the this board...colorful and funny and interesting describes most of them.

I'm sorry if some haven't posted something funny or annoying enough for me to respond to. Not sorry enough to respond beyond this though.

Hee! I love me some KAndre! Thinking back to a line of conversation on the board a few weeks back about you not having the sentimental gene and not knowing what to do with it if you did have it - I seem to have an abundance of sentimentality, but am missing the bling and bitch genes. My point? We're all different, so we all sort of balance each other out..... Kumbiyah.gif

Bitches United for Sperminator.

Incorporated.

Bwah! :cryingwlaughter:

Wait.

Did Gibby say something? :huh:

Heidi...your post made me think cos I also had some eye opening experiences with my friends in the Philippines who are constantly surrounded by gay friends. They were certainly not PC in talking about people's sexuality and insisting on the superiority of their gaydar. I think this developed because their gay friends are constantly talking about who are in the closet and talk bitchy critical about everyone. I found that it was part of that particular gay culture and it was tough for me to get used to that. I was just thinking that if I never got into this Clay fandom then I will probably be just like them thinking a guy on a hip hop work out video was gay because of the way he dances. I am really very thankful that this fandom has made me more sensitive about certain issues.

I'm glad people liked my post. <g> I've been thinking about this stuff alot lately, in large part because of the media and how they have covered the presidential primaries thus far. The crap that is out there about McCain that gets ignored, yet some guy Obama met once is associated with him for life - it's quite disturbing and I realized a long time ago that the media is CRAP. I think it might actually be worse in the "real journalist" circles than it is in the entertainment media.

That said, there have been two instances recently where I didn't feel that it was necessary to get into fights over commentary about gay people in general. And both times it was when I was talking to someone who was gay. I will preface this by saying I have argued with one of them before, saying I thought they were being bigotted and they have really changed their attitude since those discussions. This is a guy who refers to two of his neighbors as "Gay 1 and Gay 2" - which actually made me laugh when I first heard it, mainly because of the tone of the conversation. The neighbors in question are two men who live together and are partners. And the reason I didn't object was because he and his friends have funny nicknames for ALL of his neighbors (one of them is "the warthog" which I find much more horrible), and the two guys really are gay and are out. There was no loathing involved. It sounds similar to your situation, Ansa, in that all my gay friends talk about their other gay friends in a way that you would discuss your family, I guess. It's very hard to explain. I often wonder if I give him a pass because he is gay, or if I really am picking up on a tone that is not offensive. I'm a work in progress. <g>

The other time wasn't about Clay except about having something to tease me about - it was good natured, so I left it alone. We've had long discussions about the media, and the way people talk nowadays, and we're on the same page.

I'm one who pretty much likes everything about Clay, including his hair or temper, etc. He sure aint dull. The few times I didn't really like his hair (Jenna Bush thingy), I didn't really feel the need to comment because it is just hair and it would be different the next day anyway, so who cares. I do like the blonde, but I liked the brown, red, short, spiky, long, you get the idea. Plus, I don't really give a crap about whether people like my hair or not, so I doubt Clay would be taking suggestions either. Although he might be tempted to do another perm just to freak out a few fans.

The other explanation is...maybe there are just a lot of people that like how Clay looks regardless and like to say it. I know I am not one of them...I have finally gotten used to the blonde. There are a lot of times when I don't like a look but I will just let it go, its just not that important to me.

There are just some things that I just cannot let go such as one sNOflake pic! I think I will dislike that pic as long as I live! :cry4:

It appears there is going to be a eHP recruitment drive splash-in at my place next Saturday so if you are in the general area and are very brave just PM me for details, of which there are none as yet :cryingwlaughter: (That's how we flow..never make plans cos you know how those things tend not to work out)

Did Gibby say something?

Gibby who?

playbiller, I wouldn't worry about those Korean clips. I watched them, but didn't download -- but I gotta say, that was pretty cool.

*wishes flights to Houston were really cheap, 'cause I got a new swimming suit and everything*

*hugs the ghost known as Gibby*

Sorry, Gibby!

Couldn't resist!!!

Gibby, you are one of the few of the gang here that I have met!

I'm not about to name names, cuz I'll forget somebody!

Vegas! I did meet Couchie! *wavestocouchie*

A couple I know from combined board parties. *wavestoWS/NYsisters*

But I still feel very new here and don't always get some of the inside references.

That's okay.

I do have one burning question . . .

um - what is the Muppet Song???

Hey, how many posts does it take to stop being a body guard, because I'd actually like this position. Of course I would be totally useless if Clay's was the body I was guarding, because why would I want to look at anyone else?
When do I get to be body guard. I'm sick of walking the dogs. Don't tell Clay but I'm not really a dog person. I like cats much better. I do like the sounds of "body guard" and it looks like you get to be a "body guard" for a looooooooooooooooooooong time cuz Scarlett's still one and she has lotza posts.

Speaking of Scarlett:

Clay is more than good enough for anyone ever born.

Hey wait a sec... speak for yourself!

Now people may assume that I think Clay's perfect because I haven't posted anything particularly hateful but you see I'm really v. picky about the people I hate. While I'm generally open to the idea of loving any person on earth I have to admit that I'm a bigot when I comes to hating. I can only feel hatred towards people who are in the same class and standing as I am. Everyone else gets a few words here and there and hardly more than a brief passing thought. So going back to Clay, he might just barely make it into my league for hating. However, since my hate issue list is extremely short: unkindness, dishonesty and intolerance, er, I guess that's about it. Anything beyond these, I'm easy. Yes, even with people who make me sleep on the wet spot. So, there just hasn't been a lot of opportunity for Clay to go over the line on my hot items. When he does, though, I will definitely hate on him.

Oh, and I wasn't born. I came out of the sea foam on shore of a Greek island. What.

Yur a little weird.

Luckily, you're cute, so it sorta make up for it.

:cryingwlaughter:

Sorry, Gibby!

Couldn't resist!!!

Gibby, you are one of the few of the gang here that I have met!

I'm not about to name names, cuz I'll forget somebody!

Vegas! I did meet Couchie! *wavestocouchie*

A couple I know from combined board parties. *wavestoWS/NYsisters*

But I still feel very new here and don't always get some of the inside references.

That's okay.

I do have one burning question . . .

um - what is the Muppet Song???

I know this one. It's the itunes one, Its in everyone of us. I feel so happy.

I can probably say just about anything here and get away with it, since I rarely get any reaction at all to my posts, unless I include a picture. So.....

I turned the page on my calendar today and will get to see this face for the next month. I look at that face and I see someone who loves performing. He's said that many times. I don't see that changing unless it seems to him that he will not be allowed to have ANY personal life....that he has to perform for "us" non-stop or ELSE. I have no idea what his next concert will be like, but I feel fairly confident that there WILL be one.

Wherever it is, whenever it is, I'm planning to be there.

217610597_e7rTQ-M.jpg

Perma... I was there... Thanks for the reminder! You take good pictures! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay is more than good enough for anyone ever born.

Hey wait a sec... speak for yourself!

Now people may assume that I think Clay's perfect because I haven't posted anything particularly hateful but you see I'm really v. picky about the people I hate. While I'm generally open to the idea of loving any person on earth I have to admit that I'm a bigot when I comes to hating. I can only feel hatred towards people who are in the same class and standing as I am. Everyone else gets a few words here and there and hardly more than a brief passing thought. So going back to Clay, he might just barely make it into my league for hating. However, since my hate issue list is extremely short: unkindness, dishonesty and intolerance, er, I guess that's about it. Anything beyond these, I'm easy. Yes, even with people who make me sleep on the wet spot. So, there just hasn't been a lot of opportunity for Clay to go over the line on my hot items. When he does, though, I will definitely hate on him.

Oh, and I wasn't born. I came out of the sea foam on shore of a Greek island. What.

Scarlett... :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby... let me see... that name sounds familiar... oh, yeah... the eyes picture! S.W.O.O.N.!

Cotton... the Muppet Song is the bonus cut on itunes OHWH. It was recorded by the Muppets or in a movie or sompin and that's what CG calls it.

playbiller, I wouldn't worry about those Korean clips. I watched them, but didn't download -- but I gotta say, that was pretty cool.

*wishes flights to Houston were really cheap, 'cause I got a new swimming suit and everything*

*hugs the ghost known as Gibby*

I am not worried, I don't really care, I put it away with my Shine video. I liketo collect TV video, others like to collect concerts. It was just an example of how people don't coment on posts. I just keep posting anyway. I have lots of stuff up on 4 shared, I never delete, it just stays there until I don't check in for one month and then it will be deleted, so it is a habit to go there the first of every month.

I think because I have been posting on boards since Big brother 1, I acept that not every post can be answered. It is not an issue.

Hee clayandr is online at the OFC. I hope she can keep calm!

Well, the thread from hell was zapped right? Or have they whitewashed it and put it back up?

Somebody post for her to go read somewhere else cuz I'd hate for her to think that what she read there is representative of the whole fandom.

Gibby,

therethere.gif

planecrazy.gif

Heeee, Cotton, no problem. It's all in fun.

I loved meeting you and quite a few other FCAers in Vegas! I think there might even be a pic in the members only area of you, me and some other FCAers at that big party before the skating show.

canfly, you get to be a body guard at 51 posts. Have you been out flying lately?

Well, the thread from hell was zapped right? Or have they whitewashed it and put it back up?

Somebody post for her to go read somewhere else cuz I'd hate for her to think that what she read there is representative of the whole fandom.

The problem is that the girl who was creating the major problem has started a new thread about not being alone etc and it is 2 pages long and has become a real nasty battle! Not a mod in site either. It is just pitiful!

She was not in that thread. I just had to log out as it kind of felt like an invasion of her privacy. knowing where she was reading. I know I'm weird!

Thanks for the answer about the Muppet song!

Wow. I can't even imagine it by JD and the Muppets. Not sure I want to hear it, even.

I love the gospel feel of the song. I'm glad it wasn't on the album. And it's kind of an odd choice for this album cycle, I think. But I love it and always sing harmony along with it. Good thing I'm in the car by myself when that happens! :cryingwlaughter:

I used to sing alto in church choirs. (and school) And I grew up in the South, DD to a Southern preacher's son, so gospel can take me back to my heritage. So I can understand how some might not be as comfortable with it as I am. It's just my particular life experience. Daddy was the choir director at the Methodist church I grew up in. It's in my blood, I guess.

Perma's pretty pics! I love Perma's pretty! And she always brings it! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You got some more pretty today, Perma? :)

Does a bear relieve himself in the forest preserve?

I certainly do! I'm moving a bunch of pictures around today, so am revisiting lots of older ones. Here's one for those who miss the longer brown hair, and there are blond roots for those who prefer the blond:

121121852_Nq6mA-L.jpg

Ah, couchie I will never forget that first meeting before the AI Sacramento show. In fact, I just passed by a pic from that party in my travels. You and I are standing next to each other with big smiles on our faces.

That will remain one of my favorite shows forever, I think. When Clay and Ruben were bantering with each other and panties and bustiers and stuffed animals were pelting the stage, Ruben noted that they were throwing shoes at them. Clay walked over and picked up a rubber sandal and held it out to the audience, saying" Now HERE is an example of a family-friendly thong!!". :cryingwlaughter:

I think that was the point of no return for me. How could I resist a wit that quick combined with such a killer voice? Resistance was futile, and I've never looked back.

I keep forgetting, but now that I see your name down there - - - :welcome:calurker!

Can anyone refresh my memory as to how we can see what threads a person is reading at the OFC...?

Scroll down to the 'What's going on?'/'Currently active users' section at the bottom of the main mb page. On the left hand side is a blue box with a 'C' in it - click on that and it will take you to an index of who's online where. :)

ETA: You're welcome, laughn!

The problem is that the girl who was creating the major problem has started a new thread about not being alone etc and it is 2 pages long and has become a real nasty battle! Not a mod in site either. It is just pitiful!

She was not in that thread. I just had to log out as it kind of felt like an invasion of her privacy. knowing where she was reading. I know I'm weird!

Ah, but the mods are there now & threads are being locked and moved like crazy....

That sux about the new thread. See, now I'm the opposite. I'd want to know what thread she's reading. Hopefully, she doesn't find THAT one. Likely she was looking for the zapped one. Random stream of thought here...wonder what clayandr is supposed to mean? clay and r? Who's r?

:shrug:

Thanks for the answer about the Muppet song!

Wow. I can't even imagine it by JD and the Muppets. Not sure I want to hear it, even.

I love the gospel feel of the song. I'm glad it wasn't on the album. And it's kind of an odd choice for this album cycle, I think. But I love it and always sing harmony along with it. Good thing I'm in the car by myself when that happens! :cryingwlaughter:

I used to sing alto in church choirs. (and school) And I grew up in the South, DD to a Southern preacher's son, so gospel can take me back to my heritage. So I can understand how some might not be as comfortable with it as I am. It's just my particular life experience. Daddy was the choir director at the Methodist church I grew up in. It's in my blood, I guess.

Ditto on thanks for the answer re: the Muppet Song. I didn't know that. Likely best if I gon't google it cuz I actually really like the song, even though I'm not religious, I do like a lot of "gospelish" (is too a word. Is too. Is too.) songs and I'm not a huge John D fan and I don't want it wrecking it for me. I never liked HYCA cuz Dolly was always stuck in my brain, lol.